This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar yaboymal 13 years, 1 month ago.

• Author
    McDunkin

The Elite 24 showcases the best high school basketball players in the nation. The annual event is played at famous outdoor locations such as Rucker Park (Harlem, NY) and Venice Beach (Venice, CA). Get a glimpse inside the 3 day event and into the lives of some of tomorrow’s NBA superstars. Featuring Austin Rivers, Myck Kabongo, Quinn Cook, Nick Johnson and Shabazz Muhammad. Past Elite 24 players include Kevin Love, Brandon Jennings, John Wall, Tyreke Evans, Michael Beasley, Jared Sullinger, Nolan Smith, Kyrie Irving and Kyle Singler.

Airing on ESPNU March 24, 2011 and ESPN March 28, 2011. Check local listings for time and channel.

http://www.slamonline.com/online/news-rumors/other-news/2011/03/espn-films-production-2010-elite-24-documentary/comment-page-1/#comment-1519373

Im not sure if this is going to be Directed by Adam Yauch of the Beastie Boys like "Gunnin for that #1 Spot" or if the projects are even related, but i dont see this one having the same greatness as the first one without the wide range of personalities and the fact that almost every player in the first one honestly was in contention for #1 player in the country.

mikeyvthedon
    Participant

I liked "Gunnin for that #1 Spot", it was not amazing, but it definitely pointed out some interesting things surrounding HS hoops. Players definitely care about these rankings, even if the people in the business of handing them out are shady or maybe doing them more to make a story and sell subscriptions rather than actually evaluating talent. I also thought it was tight this game was played in Venice Beach, and I really like the concept of the Elite 24, even if it maybe could blow some of these kids heads up. I mean, "Born Ready" might not be an exact example of this, and I know he torched it in a few of these games, but LaQuinton Ross played in this game before playing a game of HS ball. He has been heavily scrutinized since, and kind of fell off the radar as being an elite player in his class, much less in the nation. He was in the game, but was hardly a main story, as that went to Quincy Miller, Austin Rivers, James McAdoo and Kyle Wiltjer, who committed to Duke after the game. I am sure he is still going to be a good player, but it was maybe a little too much too soon.

I know this game had a lot of great prospects this year, though it was a little disappointing that two guys gunning for the number 1 spot in 2011 were not in it, Mike Gilchrist and Anthony Davis. Also, their was no Andre Drummond to get battle tested against maybe a DaJuan Coleman and no Julius Randle who is considered the potential top prospect in the nation for class of 2013. Still have to like these focuses on the inner workings of these games and the players that play them. Hope this is somewhat insightful and I am sure we will see a different side of some of these recruits. It says it is the same crew that did "The Fab Five" and the Ricky Williams docs. Also, their is a traile that says it focuses on 5 of the top recruits, apparently Myck Kabongo, Austin Rivers, Nick Johnson, Quinn Cook and Shabazz Muhammad (who on the site claims his top 3 schools are Duke, UCLA and Kentucky).

Here is the link: http://rise.espn.go.com/boys-basketball/events/2010/08/Elite-24.aspx?pursuit=BoysBasketball&p=

yaboymal
    Participant

I think kyle witijer commited to kentucky after the game bro, and yea why werent any of the other kentucky recruits playing in that game marquis teague, anthony davis, mike gilchrist this sounds kind of funny to me.

mikeyvthedon
    Participant

My bad, it of course was Kentucky and I have no idea why I wrote Duke. It seems like quite a few of the U17 National team players did not play in this game, although obviously James McAdoo is there. It more than likely was a scheduling thing, it is hard to get all of these players together and I am sure they have a list and back-ups. That is usually why the announcement takes such a long time, players have crazy schedules in the summer. But, yes Kyle Wiltjer committed to UK after he won game MVP, and if I could edit my post, I would.

yaboymal
    Participant

yea lol i wasnt tryna come at you man I just thought you didnt know..yea these guys summers are very hectic

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login