This topic contains 8 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar CoachWyers 5 years, 10 months ago.

• Author
    Lotto Stud
    Participant

ESPN has released their board today.

1. Atlanta – R.J. Barrett, SF, Duke
    2. Boston – Nassir Little, SF, North Carolina
    3. Orlando – Sekou Doumbouya, PF, France
    4. Dallas – Cam Reddish, SF, Duke
    5. Phoenix – Romeo Langford, SG, Indiana
    6. Brooklyn – Quentin Grimes, PG, Kansas
    7. New York – Zion Williamson, PF, Duke
    8. Memphis – Darius Garland, PG, Vanderbilt
    9. Chicago – De’Andre Hunter, SG, Virginia
    10. Charlotte – Daniel Gafford, PF, Arkansas

RUDEBOY-
    Participant

Great Chance that Langford will be amongst the Top 3 next year. Possibly 1st overall 

Lotto Stud
      Participant

What intrigues me the most, is that there isn’t any value placed at the center position.

Taylor Gang Mike
    Participant

Quentin Grimes should also be top 5 easily 

CoachWyers
    Participant

My Early 2019 Top 10 with Early Comparisons

1. RJ Barrett- Comparison Grant Hill
    2. Nasir Little- Comparison Gerald Wallace
    3. Sekou Doumboya- Comparison OG Anunoby
    4. Cameron Reddish- Comparison Tyreke Evans
    5. Zion Williamson- Comparison Larry Johnson
    6. Danniel Gafford- Comparison Clint Capela
    7. Romeo Langford- Comparison Richard Hamilton
    8. Bol Bol- Comparison Kristaps Porzingis
    9. Rui Hachimura- Comparison Wilson Chandler
    10. Johntay Porter- Comparison Trey Lyles

Lotto Stud
      Participant

That’s pretty fair from what I see at this point. I’m going to wait until NCAA play tips off in November to actually give my comparisons because I’ve jumped the gun on a ton of guys from high school mixtape hype that never measured up to what I viewed initially. I am not knocking you at all, because I actually like what I see from your list, but my personal opinion is that they play totally different once they get to an even playing field of NBA talent all over.

Lotto Stud
    Participant

In theory to the super teams that are being built in the NCAA, should we take extra caution to the Duke guys canceling one another out on the draft boards?

Rewind back to the headlines, Wendell Carter Jr. had made prior to the draft about Duke prospects not being able to fully adapt and showcase themselves because of too much star power on the roster.

Memphis Madness
    Participant

My top 10

1. Zion Williamson: star power plus pedigree meets the best big man talent out there

2. RJ Barrett: best all around wing… or the most hyped wing/perimeter player

3. Shareef O’Neal: a 4 maybe a small ball 5. In a draft weak on bigs I think Shaq’s kid gets a look. His genes get him picked 10 spots too high.  Teams will also be chasing the next Jaren Jackson, Ayton, Bamba and those guys. 

4. Cam Reddish: wing shooting in a league where wing shooting is at a premium

5. Jontay Porter: his name is already out there. Versatile defensive bigs are the new new thing.

6. Sagaba Konate: rebounding and dunks. Teams also try to find a potential 5 position defender.

7. Jericho Sims: see above. 8. Bol Bol: looking for the next Bamba 9. Romeo Langford 10. Nassir Little

CoachWyers
    Participant

I agree on comparisons they are very fluid as you see guys more and see strengths and weaknesses as draft boards are as well.  At this point it is all speculation.  

I do like though that my boy, Evan Mobley, who I posted about last July on here about his NBA potential when I got back from a basketball touring trip in China that he was also part of went from unranked at the time in the class of 2020 was just named ESPN’s #1 player in 2020 class.  I got out on him early.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login