This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar franfran 9 years, 6 months ago.

• Author
    druneave3
    Participant

I’m all giddy after NBA Media Day. This season should be another amazing year filled with drama, excitement, and great basketball. Last year was incredible but this year has a chance to be even better. It could very well have the same result in the end with Greg Popovich playing Ponce de Leon and the Spurs repeat. Whatever the outcome may be, I can’t wait to watch! Here are some early predictions. 

EAST

1. Chicago – Thibodeau has a deep roster with versatile lineup capabilities that will allow him to distribute minutes properly with health and fatigue in mind. Adding offensive weapons in Rose, Pau, McDermott, and other shooters to the best defensive scheme should land them at the top of the regular season.

2. Cleveland – LeBron won 66 games and made a finals appearance with a cast of Daniel Gibson, Sasha Pavlovic, and Donyell Marshall. Irving, Love and other obvioius upgrades will be trouble for the league for years to come. Will need a year to figure things out with so many new parts and coach.

3. Miami – I’ve been digging Wade’s grave for several years. For now, I am putting down the shovel. Dispite his 2014 postseason performance he was excellent during the regular season. Wade and Bosh will have some added motivation this year along with some solid veteran additions such as Deng and Granger. A majority of this team has been to the finals the last 4 years.

4. Toronto – Lowry and DeRozan are excellent, leading a very talented, developing team. It would be fun if Bruno is a part of their current ascension. 

5. Washington – The loss of Ariza will really hurt. Wall and Beal will need to be special. If they play like they did against a depleated Bulls team in the first round last year, and Otto Porter Jr. contributes, this team could move up a few spots. 

6. Charlotte – I see them winning more than 43 games behind Jefferson, Kemba, especially with the addition of Lance Stephenson. Some interesting rookies who might not be ready to contribute (physically or mentally) in the league just yet but could play some key roles. Brain Roberts and Gary Neal should be solid additions as well. 

7. Atlanta – A healthy Horford along Milsap will be key. Antic, Brand, Scott, and Payne (I like Muscala too) give them great depth up front and a team you wouldn’t want to face in the playoffs. Teague continues to improve along side elite shooter Korver and other solid role players. Coach Bud looks to be pretty good but who is their go to guy? 

8. New York – If not for Phil, Fish and Melo, I would have gone elsewhere with this selection (Brooklyn, or Detroit). Besides Shump, who plays D on this team. Not sure Melo losing weight was such a great idea. Such a mismatch at the 4 spot. 

One question arose when slotting teams, if the Pacer’s offense was that awful with George and Stephenson, what will it be without it? 

WEST

1. San Antonio – Spurs Way

2. OKC – Not much analysis needed here either. Just excited to see Steven Adams continue to grow. The offensive consistency of Ibaka, Jackson, and Lamb will be crucial. 

3. LAC – Love the Spencer Hawes move. Jordan Farmar is an underrated, solid backup. 

4. Golden State – Not Sure if it is Kerr’s good looks or the Splash Bros. but I am in love with the Warriors. Banking on Bogut playing a high number of game isn’t a safe bet but look for this team to take a leap. Ezeli, Rush, and Livingston will all need to stay healthy also. 

5. Portland – They will develop and improve as a team, but not yet in the standings in a loaded West. You will not want to play this team in the playoffs given their young talented depth with experience. 

6. Dallas – Chandler’s make the difference here. The return of Tyson. Parsons earning his checks. Dirk still has it. *If Raymond Felton is fat maybe move them down one slot.  

7. Houston – Ariza will help on the defensive wing. After Harden, the offense is what? They will find out Parsons was more of just a role player.   

8. Memphis – Can I pick Pheonix here too? I can’t decide. Suns backcourt firepower is amazing along with some other young pieces. Gotta go with Vince Carter and the vets here. 

TRC1991
    Participant

Not bad..How I see it panning out

EAST

1) Cleveland

2) Chicago

3) Toronto

4) Miami

5) Washington

6) Charlotte

7) Atlanta

8) New York