This topic contains 22 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar NickWayne87 10 years, 5 months ago.

• Author
    A Real Canadian Mountie
    Participant

With Justice Winslow deciding to go to Duke, their 2014 class looks absolutely stacked. This years squad looks to be a potential Final Four team but next years team could be even better. Hood, Cook, Jefferson are all likely to return and with Jones, Okafor and Winslow in tow they will probably be the favourites to win it all

Siggy
    Participant

I wouldn’t expect Hood to return, not if he keeps up his play.

Love this class though. All of them are skilled with mature games who just know how to play winning basketball.  They’re also complementary players who have chemistry coming into the program as well (the big 3 does at least). I’d actually give them a better chance at winning it all than this yr’s Kentucky class.

Siggy
    Participant

I wouldn’t expect Hood to return, not if he keeps up his play.

Love this class though. All of them are skilled with mature games who just know how to play winning basketball.  They’re also complementary players who have chemistry coming into the program as well (the big 3 does at least). I’d actually give them a better chance at winning it all than this yr’s Kentucky class.

Sewok15
    Participant

I know Parker is an obvious one and done talent but he isn’t a one and done type personality. If he wants a real chance at a title he will have to stick around another year most likely anyway. I am not saying he is going to stay because he is clearly a top 3 pick and NBA ready as they come….I am just not putting it past him and 100% throwing him in the draft already

Sewok15
    Participant

I know Parker is an obvious one and done talent but he isn’t a one and done type personality. If he wants a real chance at a title he will have to stick around another year most likely anyway. I am not saying he is going to stay because he is clearly a top 3 pick and NBA ready as they come….I am just not putting it past him and 100% throwing him in the draft already

Soilworker
    Participant

You will love it:

Tyus, (Cook)

Cook, (Sulaimon, Jones)

Winslow, (Ojeleye)

Jefferson, ( Plumlee)

Okafor, (Plumlee) 

Soilworker
    Participant

You will love it:

Tyus, (Cook)

Cook, (Sulaimon, Jones)

Winslow, (Ojeleye)

Jefferson, ( Plumlee)

Okafor, (Plumlee) 

NickWayne87
    Participant

If Parker was gonna stay in school and wasn’t worried about getting drafted he’d be on his mormon mission right now.

NickWayne87
    Participant

If Parker was gonna stay in school and wasn’t worried about getting drafted he’d be on his mormon mission right now.

Sewok15
      Participant

Staying for your sophomore year doesn’t mean you don’t care about your NBA future…look at Marcus Smart…he was a surefire top 5 pick and returned to better himself and have another year with his teammates to compete for a possible national title.

Sewok15
      Participant

Staying for your sophomore year doesn’t mean you don’t care about your NBA future…look at Marcus Smart…he was a surefire top 5 pick and returned to better himself and have another year with his teammates to compete for a possible national title.

Jester87
    Participant

Is Alex Murphy any good? I see him buried in the bench and yep, he has hell of a competition, but he was quite touted as a recruit and seeing him play he didn’t look that bad. Does he have any chance of seeing more playing time in next years?

Jester87
    Participant

Is Alex Murphy any good? I see him buried in the bench and yep, he has hell of a competition, but he was quite touted as a recruit and seeing him play he didn’t look that bad. Does he have any chance of seeing more playing time in next years?

DukeHoopsInsider
      Participant

I honestly feel bad for Alex Murphy as a redshirt sophmore he is still not getting enough minutes to be considered a role player and with the recent commitment of Justise Winslow and the fact that freshman Semi Ojeleye is already playing more than him, his future at Duke does not look to promising. Not to mention the unlikely but still possible return of either Rodney Hood or Jabari Parker (very unlikely) I really do not see him contributing until his senior season. I am a fan of his game though he worked very hard on his body during the offseason and added a good bit of weight and plays hard when he’s on the court. 

DukeHoopsInsider
      Participant

I honestly feel bad for Alex Murphy as a redshirt sophmore he is still not getting enough minutes to be considered a role player and with the recent commitment of Justise Winslow and the fact that freshman Semi Ojeleye is already playing more than him, his future at Duke does not look to promising. Not to mention the unlikely but still possible return of either Rodney Hood or Jabari Parker (very unlikely) I really do not see him contributing until his senior season. I am a fan of his game though he worked very hard on his body during the offseason and added a good bit of weight and plays hard when he’s on the court. 

Moon River
    Participant

Duke typically gets top recrcuits, but not like we have seen the with their current class and 2014.  Why is that?  I thought Collins was their top recruiter, but he is now the head guy at Northwestern.  Any Dukies have some insight on the recruiting uptick for the Blue Devils?

DukeHoopsInsider
      Participant

I belive it all comes back to Coach K and his affiliation with USA Basketball and not to mention this class will be a special one for him because they will have a chance to help Coach K win his 1000th game, something that has never been seen before in Division 1 hoops. 

DukeHoopsInsider
      Participant

I belive it all comes back to Coach K and his affiliation with USA Basketball and not to mention this class will be a special one for him because they will have a chance to help Coach K win his 1000th game, something that has never been seen before in Division 1 hoops. 

Siggy
      Participant

Duke doesn’t need a special recruiter. The program sells itself.

Siggy
      Participant

Duke doesn’t need a special recruiter. The program sells itself.

Moon River
    Participant

Duke typically gets top recrcuits, but not like we have seen the with their current class and 2014.  Why is that?  I thought Collins was their top recruiter, but he is now the head guy at Northwestern.  Any Dukies have some insight on the recruiting uptick for the Blue Devils?

NickWayne87
    Participant

Is the exception not the rule…..that almost never happens…..name another time it did even though admittedly over the past 10 years I can think of two but NEITHER were projected number 2 picks in one case the guy went a little higher in the other the guy went wayyy lower………

NickWayne87
    Participant

Is the exception not the rule…..that almost never happens…..name another time it did even though admittedly over the past 10 years I can think of two but NEITHER were projected number 2 picks in one case the guy went a little higher in the other the guy went wayyy lower………

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login