This topic contains 28 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar TRC1991 8 years, 4 months ago.

• Author
    ChicagoCasey
    Participant

I’ve heard tons of people state that Duke should be the favourites and they are lock to win the NCAA National Championship in 2016-17 due to them having Jayson Tatum, Harry Giles, and Frank Jackson coming over in that year. I like that team but I love a couple other teams other than the Duke team that will likely have Derryck Thornton, Luke Kennard, Jayson Tatum, Harry Giles, and Chase Jeter w/ Frank Jackson on the bench.

I really like this UCLA team that will have probably the best college point guard when he comes over to college in Lonzo Ball, T.J Leaf , and Ike Anigbogu as their recruits that coming over and that have a really talented players that will likely stay. They will have Isaac Hamilton, Bryce Alfred, Prince Ali, Aaron Holliday, Thomas Welsh, and Jonah Bolden. I love that team because they are balanced with veteran players to young players and they are balance with shooting and quality big mans. A starting lineup of Lonzo Ball, Bryce Alfred, Isaac Hamilton, T.J Leaf, and Thomas Welsh will be a problem. I really do believe that Lonzo Ball will have a Kendall Marshal like impact on this team.

I can say the same thing about Michigan State. They will be deep and loaded at mostly every position. Even without Josh Jackson I really love this team. If they get Josh Jackson I would believe that they are the best team in the country. They will have tons of guard play with Eron Harris, Tum Tum Narin, and Matt McQuaid. They will also have front court talent with Deyonta Davis (he will be really special) and Gavin Schillings. Those are just the projected players that should come back. They have a recruiting cast that most would start on mostly every team in the country, but will most likely be on the bench except for Miles Bridges. They will have Cassius Winston, Josh Langford, Nick Ward, Miles Bridges, and potentially Josh Jackson (247Sports have Michigan State as co-favorites w/ Arizona)/

And you can ever forget about Kentucky when you look at teams that should challenge for the best team in the county. They can have an unbelievable roster that could be better than the Julius Randle, James Young class in my opinion. I honestly believe guards win championship in college basketball. You can look at the past champions and look at the guard play and you will see why they won it. You can go to Kemba Walker UConn team, Shabazz Napier/Ryan Boatright UConn team, Payton Siva/Russ Smith Louisville team, and you can look at last years Duke team that wouldn’t won without good guard play with Tyus Jones. I know it’s an if, but I believe Kentucky will land star guard Malik Monk. I believe him and De’Aaron Fox are the 2 best point guards in the 2016 recruiting class and I believe they will be by far the best guard duo in college next year and the best guard duo that John Calipari Kentucky Wildcats ever had, including John Wall/Eric Bledsoe. They can also have Tyler Ulis returning to the team. Those are only the guards. Kentucky should have Charles Matthews returning, who I believe will be a huge X-Factor, Isaac Humphries, Tai Wynyard also returning as well. To add to that they will have Wenyan Gabriel and Sacha Killeya-Jones to that team.

I like all those teams better than the incoming Duke team. Other teams I can see competing is North Carolina, Florida State, Maryland, Ohio State, Arizona, and Washington.

circumlocution75
    Participant

I really enjoyed reading your post….. – it was like reading a professionally written article… Great job researching your piece….

circumlocution75
    Participant

I really enjoyed reading your post….. – it was like reading a professionally written article… Great job researching your piece….

ChicagoCasey
      Participant

Appreciate it.

ChicagoCasey
      Participant

Appreciate it.

DukeDaSquad
    Participant

It’s good to see someone as high on Lonzo ball as I am. He’s one of the best passers I’ve ever seen and he’s athletic, can score, and play defense. 

For duke it depends on how well Harry Giles rehabs from his injury but that really shouldn’t be a concern because he rehabbed well from the other injury. My biggest concern with him is that he’s injury prone. You made the argument that guard play wins college championships which is true but next year duke will have one of the best backcourts in the country next year with kennard and Thornton and Grayson Allen is not a lock to leave even though he’s likely to have a monster season this year. And like their backcourt, their front court will be one of the best also if not the best in the country next year also. Not disagreeing that they’re not a lock to win it next year but they have as good a chance as anybody will 

DukeDaSquad
    Participant

It’s good to see someone as high on Lonzo ball as I am. He’s one of the best passers I’ve ever seen and he’s athletic, can score, and play defense. 

For duke it depends on how well Harry Giles rehabs from his injury but that really shouldn’t be a concern because he rehabbed well from the other injury. My biggest concern with him is that he’s injury prone. You made the argument that guard play wins college championships which is true but next year duke will have one of the best backcourts in the country next year with kennard and Thornton and Grayson Allen is not a lock to leave even though he’s likely to have a monster season this year. And like their backcourt, their front court will be one of the best also if not the best in the country next year also. Not disagreeing that they’re not a lock to win it next year but they have as good a chance as anybody will 

I.C.Y.U.NV.ME
    Participant

Are the only teams that will contend with Duke next year, in my opinion. I also believe backcourts win ncaa championships and Duke will have a solid one. Frank  Jackson, a more experienced Thornton, Matt Jones as an experienced senior, Kennard will be one of the best shooters in the nation, and even tho I believe Grayson will leave after this year it’s not a for sure thing. Their frontcourt dominant. ESPN’s Jeff Goodman was quoted saying that Giles is the second best prospect in the bast few years behind Anthony Davis. It’s lofty but his talent is undeniable. Like DDS said, it all comes down to his rehab. If he can regain enough lateral quickness to be the defender he is projected to be, then watch out. 

Thornton, Jones, Tatum, Giles, Jeter with a bench of Kennard, Jackson, Obi, and Bolden (ppossibly)..I’ll put that line up against anyone’s next year. This year just started but I’m already super excited for next year lol. I think it will be a special year for cbb will so many contenders.

I.C.Y.U.NV.ME
    Participant

Are the only teams that will contend with Duke next year, in my opinion. I also believe backcourts win ncaa championships and Duke will have a solid one. Frank  Jackson, a more experienced Thornton, Matt Jones as an experienced senior, Kennard will be one of the best shooters in the nation, and even tho I believe Grayson will leave after this year it’s not a for sure thing. Their frontcourt dominant. ESPN’s Jeff Goodman was quoted saying that Giles is the second best prospect in the bast few years behind Anthony Davis. It’s lofty but his talent is undeniable. Like DDS said, it all comes down to his rehab. If he can regain enough lateral quickness to be the defender he is projected to be, then watch out. 

Thornton, Jones, Tatum, Giles, Jeter with a bench of Kennard, Jackson, Obi, and Bolden (ppossibly)..I’ll put that line up against anyone’s next year. This year just started but I’m already super excited for next year lol. I think it will be a special year for cbb will so many contenders.

I.C.Y.U.NV.ME
    Participant

So. Many. Typos…. my bad lol

I.C.Y.U.NV.ME
    Participant

So. Many. Typos…. my bad lol

Greek-Baller

hey casey, just wondering if you have a job or a hobby, the time you spend here posting stuff and arguing with people for the slighest thing is mind boggling. Legit question, and don’t post me you’re whole life, a no or yes at McDonalds would suffice. Good post though.

Greek-Baller

hey casey, just wondering if you have a job or a hobby, the time you spend here posting stuff and arguing with people for the slighest thing is mind boggling. Legit question, and don’t post me you’re whole life, a no or yes at McDonalds would suffice. Good post though.

ChicagoCasey
      Participant

I’m 18 years old. I don’t post everyday.

ChicagoCasey
      Participant

I’m 18 years old. I don’t post everyday.

LazarusMunoz
    Participant

I’m 38 and don’t have a job. Maybe I should start posting every day now

LazarusMunoz
    Participant

I’m 38 and don’t have a job. Maybe I should start posting every day now

ZachAttack
      Participant

I just turned 15 and I have a job…

ZachAttack
      Participant

I just turned 15 and I have a job…

ZachAttack
      Participant

Double post…

ZachAttack
      Participant

Double post…

ZachAttack
      Participant

Triple Post…

ZachAttack
      Participant

Triple Post…

airenn34
    Participant

Some good analysis you got. I dont see Duke as a lock because of the fact that we dont know what Harry Giles we’ll end up seeing. Great guards but the front court looks to finesse. I think Grayson Allen leaves next year. I like Frank Jackson, I hate that he’s at Duke cause kid looks like big time and will be a pest for my Heels. They will run the ACC but as far as National champs I like Michigan St chances more for reasons you posted. Josh Jackson is something special. Lonzo Ball is an interesting prospect. Can somebody recommend a good mixtape cause im having trouble figuring him out. His game looks kinda awkward. Not downing him or anything. He has terrific height for the position but his shooting mechanics is off and someone mentioned Kendall Marshall-like and im not seeing it. I still like my Heels giving Duke a run for their money. They get either Rawlins or Azubuike look out.

ph90702

Frank Jackson is a jack mormon.

ph90702

Frank Jackson is a jack mormon.

airenn34
    Participant

Some good analysis you got. I dont see Duke as a lock because of the fact that we dont know what Harry Giles we’ll end up seeing. Great guards but the front court looks to finesse. I think Grayson Allen leaves next year. I like Frank Jackson, I hate that he’s at Duke cause kid looks like big time and will be a pest for my Heels. They will run the ACC but as far as National champs I like Michigan St chances more for reasons you posted. Josh Jackson is something special. Lonzo Ball is an interesting prospect. Can somebody recommend a good mixtape cause im having trouble figuring him out. His game looks kinda awkward. Not downing him or anything. He has terrific height for the position but his shooting mechanics is off and someone mentioned Kendall Marshall-like and im not seeing it. I still like my Heels giving Duke a run for their money. They get either Rawlins or Azubuike look out.

TRC1991
    Participant

Shoutout to you for mentioning UW.

4 True freshmen starters, defeated an experienced Texas team in China on Friday

UW will be a national force next year. 

TRC1991
    Participant

Shoutout to you for mentioning UW.

4 True freshmen starters, defeated an experienced Texas team in China on Friday

UW will be a national force next year. 

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login