Dream offseason for your favorite team
What's the dream offseason for your favorite team? Here's mine:
In the NBA draft, I would like Cleanthony Early with the 9th pick. Luol Deng is a free agent and if we can't resign him, Early is probably the best SF after Parker, Wiggins and Anderson. He fits perfectly too. In the second round, I'd use the Magic pick on DeAndre Kane or Cory Jefferson if they're available.
In free agency, I would resign Spencer Hawes at all costs. He's the best stretch big in the NBA and fits our guard style of play perfectly. With him coming back next season, I'd attempt a trade for Serge Ibaka. If OKC has another early playoff exit, that front office could ship Ibaka to save some cap space. Some package of Varejao, Waiters and draft picks could get it done, hopefully.
For a last move, I'd give a hard look at Lance Stephenson. Although we have lots of guards in the roster, he would be a huge upgrade over C.J. Miles, who will probably play elsewhere next season.
With those moves, our lineup looks like:
PG - Kyrie
SG - Stephenson
SF - Deng / Early
PF - Ibaka
C - Hawes
PG - Jack
PG - Kane
PG - Dellavedova
SG - Karasev
SG - Felix
SF - Gee
PF - Thompson
PF - Bennett
C - Zeller
I actually like Dellavedova playing 25+ mins a game and he'll be better in his 2nd season. Karasev is also worth persisting with but Jack has shown to be a bad fit this season and shouldn't be around. A backcourt of Irving, Dellavedova, Karasev still needs a starting calibre SG though (which are in short supply).
Cavs could get Gary Harris, Nik Stauskas or maybe Marcus Smart with the 9th pick. Plus they have a 1 in 11 chance of a top 3 pick in which case they'd just take the best player available.
After all, the Cavs have crazy good luck in the lottery.
Yeah no kidding. As long as they keep sending that Simon Birch looking kid they will pull a top 3 pick.
Amnesty Boozer, first and foremost.
Make it a priority to get Mirotic signed and in a Bulls uni. He's the best player in Europe at the moment, and would be a great fit at PF next to Rose and Noah.
Sign Carmelo. The Bulls are lacking offensive firepower, even with a healthy Rose. Even with his lack of defense, he's a perfect fit. Boozer is basically the worst defensive PF in the league, and the Bulls defense has still thrived with him. Thibadeau will make sure Carmelo knows his assignments.
Draft Stauskas at 16. Need to surround Rose with as many shooters as possible.
Draft Adreian Payne at 19. He'd be a nice guy to have back up Noah.
PG - Rose/Hinrich
SG - Butler/Stauskas/Hinrich
SF - Carmelo/Butler/Dunleavy
PF - Mirotic/Gibson
C - Noah/Payne
So I take it you gave up on Snell.
is my dream offseason for the Bulls. No changes. Just this!
The numbers don't match up, even with using the amnesty provision on Boozer. I think drafting Payne is a good idea because he is the only 4 in the draft (honestly) that can come in and provide an immediate productive role player type, ala Haslem.
Melo not playing defense is over blown too. This year I think he has proved that he's willing to play defense the issue is the team surrounding him. When Bargs and/or Amare are in the game you better off being able to stop paint from drying than banking on them containing anyone. You add that horrible back court in Felton, Smith, and Hardaway Jr. (Iman has been injured and haven't really returned to his former self) I don't see how Melo get any of the blame. Melo has been closing out on shooters and guarding the best player on the opposing team while putting up career efficient numbers. If the Knicks were a 54 win team this year, he'll be my vote for MVP.
I also don't understand the fuss about Tim Hardaway Jr. Dude is the worst defender I've seen in the league as guard. He makes Steve Nash look like a primed Gary Payton. If you have league pass watch any Knick game and watch him defensively. I'm almost positive you going to be disgusted by him.
1. Get rid of JJ Barea.
2. Get rid of JJ Barea. Yes, it's worth writing twice; he's THAT bad.
3. I'm not too sure who the hot potential coaching hires are, but the Wolves need to bring in somebody who will actually cater to the Wolves strengths (i.e. run-n'-gun, Ricky-centric ball), preach defense, and not try to force an offense that doesn't work given the personnel (Cough* Adelman's corner offense *Cough). Also they need somebody who won't run the starters into the ground by playing them 40+ min a game.
4. Find a way to move one of Bud, Brewer, or KMart. They're all horrible contracts and I doubt they'd find takers, but there's too many non-fitting pieces.
5. Draft either a SG/SF, or a backup PG. Gary Harris would be perfect if he fell. Otherwise, one of Stauskas, McDermott, Hood, orYoung. Or if they go for backup PF instead, Adriean Payne. Try and get Jordan Adams with one of our seconds, and also possibly a backup PF.
I'd be fine with any of those draft picks besides McDermott.
For mah Jazz:
Draft Joel Embiid,Vasilje Micic, and Aaron Craft.
Re-sign Gordon Hayward.
Sign Trevor Ariza and Andrei Kirilenko.
Then, we might look something like this:
Trey Burke/Aaron Craft/Diante Garrett
Gordon Hayward/Alec Burks
Trevor Ariza/Andrei Kirilenko
Derrick Favors/Jeremy Evans
Joel Embiid/Enes Kanter/Rudy Gobert
But that's just my dream.
Jazz will only draft Embiid if they get the 3rd pick and he´s available, and then trade Enes Kanter. If Jazz has the 1st or 2nd pick they will go with Wiggins/Parker.
I said it was my dream offseason. This is what I want to happen, personally.
I don't care if you or anyone else on this forum think it's plausible, realistic or intelligent at all. It's just what I want. I must have misunderstood what this topic was about.
I don't care what they say, screw them.
I still want the 76ers to draft Parker and Young in the Top 10, I'm hoping a really good prospect falls to us with the 32nd pick, and I want the 39th to be used for a draft and stash prospect(Capela, Nurkic or Taveras)
I get it that it´s your dream offseason, but I really want to know why you prefer have 4 centers, no PF and no reliable SF. No offense ;)
I actually prefer Derrick Favors at the power forward position. He's a good one-on-one defender, that has proven capable of defending the pick-and-roll well. He's a decent shot-blocker too, but has really struggled this year against stronger players. With him as our center, the Jazz have been the worst defensive team in the league. I don't think the blame is totally on him in this regard, but it's clear he should not be relied upon to anchor a defense. Kanter is in the same category. A team will never win a championship with poor defense, and a strong defense (usually) needs an anchor in the post. Maybe Rudy Gobert fills this role eventually, but it's far too early to count on him developing into that.
Joel Embiid, however, can provide that. He's foul-prone and injuries are a concern, but he has the size, athleticism, frame, and defensive ability to anchor a championship-calibur defense. Added to that is a versitile offensive game that will at least keep defenders honest (he can make an open jump shot and post-up on smaller defenders), but could eventually be devestating. He's the complete package, and easily the best center prospect to enter the NBA since Greg Oden.
A starting unit including Trey Burke, Gordon Hayward, Derrick Favors, and Joel Embiid looks special to me. All we would need then is a starting small forward that could compete defensively with LeBron James and Kevin Durant, a decent bench, and time for everyone to gel and grow together.
It's much harder to find a great center in this league than a great small forward. I'd be thrilled with any one of Wiggins, Parker, Embiid, or Exum. I just think if we're trying to build a championship-calibur team, that Embiid is the best option. If we're just trying to get to the playoffs as soon as possible, Parker would be the way to go.
Dirk is the best stretch big.... Ever. No question. DUH!
Anyways, Lakers getting the first pick and getting Wiggins, signing Emeka Okafor and re-signing Pau and Meeks is what I dream of.
The 76ers Dream Off-season
1. Win the NBA Draft Lottery in May and watch the Pelicans pick fall in the 8-10 range
Option 1. Select Jabarri Parker #1 overall if he does declares and Harris/Young or Lavine 10th to develop into our SG and SF of the Future, then package a few 2nd round picks to move back into the Top 25 (Phoenix 17th, Chicago 19th and Utah 23rd could afford to move back to 32 to draft and stash a prospect) Select BPA (Payne or Gordon would be ideal)
Option 2. IF Parker returns to Duke, I'd think about trading the #1 Pick(Embiid or Wiggins) to the team willing to give up a Top 10 pick in 2014 and a few prospects in return (Detroit has the 8th pick, plus KCP and Singler for example) We'd lose out on Parker/Wiggins or Embiid but we'd still have the 8th, 10th and 32nd picks to find a few gems and added shooters in KCP and Singler) Parker would still be in play next season as we will still be one of the 3 worst teams in 2014/2015
3. Free Agency- Hand out One year Deals to Veterans that will not increase our wins next season but can positively rub off on the young guys
Lineup 1 * Parker declares
PG MCW-Tony Wroten
SG Harris/Young or Lavine via 8th-10th pick
F Jabbari Parker via 1st overall pick
F Thad Young
F/C Nerlens Noel-Arnett Moultrie
32nd, 39th, 48th, 51th and 55th picks...
Lineup 2 * Parker withdraws, we trade Wiggins or Embiid to Detroit for the 8th pick plus KCP and Kyle Singler (for a brief example)
PG MCW-Tony Wroten
SG KCP-(Harris/J.Young/Lavine) via 8th or 10th pick
F Thad Young-Kyle Singler
F (Vonleh/Payne/Gordon) via 8th or 10th pick
F/C Nerlens Noel-Arnett Moultrie
Obviously we'd still have the all the 2nd round picks in 2014 with an eye on Parker/Okafor in 2015
Man how long are you willing to tank for? Its been one season for the Lakers and I am already tired of it.
You need superstars in this league if they had a shot at a potential one (Wiggins or embiid) it would be stupid to trade that away in hopes to maybe land one next year.
Sixers in great position this off season with 2 lottery picks in crazy strong draft, they also have money to find some firepower in free agency... If Sixers play it right they cold have promise core next season: MCW/Wroten/Eric Maynor
James Young/James Anderson/Eliott Williams
Wiggins/J Rich/Hollis Thompson
Monroe/Thad Young/Noel/Moultrie/BJ Mullens
of course i want them to win the lotto, but for some reason it just feels like they'll fall out of the top 3.
if they get the 4, i wouldn't mind if they traded it to Detroit for a sign and trade for Monroe and the 8th pick and just go from there.
idk who they'd take but...
i am in love with Aaron Gordon's game: he's got the right mindset this team needs. hardworking, DEFENSE first, great basketball IQ (if he didn't have a great Basketball IQ, how the hell does he score 12+ in college with that weak an offensive game) plus he's athletic out of his mind.
Garris Harris over Lavine for me. he's also got that mindset of just working hard along with outstanding Defense
Doug McDermott because he scores. a lot.
Drive Adelman off into the sunset and hire Fred Hoiberg. Rick Adelman made zero adjustments this whole year...zero. Even in my dreams we can't get away from the Saunders tree. That's ok he might be the best option. Their defensive principles were god awful. They couldn't figure out pick and roll.
Pray the lottery gods believe in karma? Ok fine, hope Hood falls. Otherwise find a backup point that's a pest like Payton on Ennis. Maybe go with Payne to get that physical 4th big.
Tell Dieng and Baz they are starting next year and they need to be ready. The bench was so bad they need the help. The reserves job is to feed Pek like crazy and Kevin Martin can run off screens. Plus, both need to babied to prevent injuries.
Ricky Rubio gets a shot coach and a tether to Kevin Love. Throw that missile jumper out the window on your way out of Target Center for the offseason. Whatever he is doing in the offseason isn't helping and no one comes back better in the offseason than Love. Ricky's growth will be huge in what Kevin Love does. Ricky is so much less effective because everyone knows he won't shoot and sags off. I look at the Wolves situation as strikingly simliar to the Trailblazers last year. A good start will quiet things down.
For the Timberwolves. I'll throw my quick dream off season in.
New coach... A proven younger guy and defense minded.
PG- Lowry, Rubio, Shved
SG- Martin, Shabazz
SF- Brewer, Budinger, Mbah a Moute
PF- Love, Adriean Payne
C- Pekovic, Dieng, Turiaf
I think the Wolves just need a little change tweaking the roster, not blowing it up. I would throw a big contract at Lowry and draft Payne.
I'd try to trade Rubio to the Lakers for the 6th pick honestly, the 76ers got the 6th pick(Noel) and the 10th pick(currently) for Jrue Holiday, Holiday made an All Star Team to boast his Trade Value but Rubio has his own value to a Team
Problem with that is the simple question...IS RUBIO WORTH A TOP 6 PICK TO BEGIN WITH?
Smart and Exum could be gone by then and the Lakers really need a PG to compete with the Westbrook's and Curry's of the world, not to mention Lilliard, a healthy Holiday and Cliff Paul's evil twin CP3, if they missed out on Exum or Smart they'd probally trade the 6th pick for Ricky Rubio, he and Kobe would be an interesting backcourt to say the least...
I doubt the Lakers would be thrilled at losing out on Parker/Wiggins/Embiid/Exum, and barring they win the lotto all 4 may be gone, Randle and Smart don't make sense for them IMO, the other prospects aren't going to be the type of guys Kobe jumps over the moon for, he'd rather play with an experienced Rubio in a D'Antoni system that allows him to flourish, maybe the Lakers get the Wolves lotto pick to sweeten the deal...That would give the Lakers a young PG and another prospect to add to Kobe and Carmelo???
If the Wolves included their lotto pick also it would be more appealing. I still think I might prefer to have Smart over Rubio as he will at least be on a rookie contract 4 years. Rubio is about to get paid.
If the guards are gone I would be happy to have Randle too. Though he becomes redundant if they plan on signing K Love.
My dream off season would start with the firing of Mike D. Followed by the hiring of Kevin Ollie (planting seeds for Durant).
Getting the number one pick and trading down to 4 and getting a lotto pick next year (most likely with protections on it top 3 at most is what I'd go for.) Draft Exum.
This is the tricky part. Being patient enough to not trade for Kevin Love and attempt to sign him outright the following off season. I just don't see how they can risk seeing him leave in free agency I.E Dwight Howard.
Keep Nash so Exum will have two legends to learn from.
Ride into the 2015 season with Exum, a signed K Love, a young hungry coach who just so happens to be one of Kevin Durant's favorite people the year before he hits free agency and who knows... Maybe even a healthy Kobe.
Wait were these supposed to be realistic? Shoooot my bad......
CP3 should have been mentioned first and foremost before all those PG's. I know you probably didn't mean it this way, but saying "Curry's and Westbrook's of the world, not to mention..." makes it sound like all the guys after "not to mention" are second tier PG's, which CP3 most definitely is not.
Kyrie and Dion can't co-exist - that's for sure. So get rid of Kyrie since he has a big trade value. Trade him to Orlando along with Tristan for 2014, 2016 first round picks + Mo Harkless. Then select Embliid with the 2nd pick and Smart with the 9th. Then go after Greg Monroe via free agency to play alongside Embliid. Resign Hawes. Sigh Marshon Brooks. Starting 5: Smart, Waiters, Harkless, Monroe, Embliid Bench: Varejao, Hawes, Gee, Jack, Delavedova, Karasev, Brooks
1. Get rid of Josh Smith
2. Resign Monroe at an affordable rate
3. Keep our 8th pick and draft some perimeter shooting help.
Out of the three I'm not confident of Detroit achieving any of these, although I'm hopeful...
1. Re-sign Rondo on a reasonable salary.
2. Draft Embiid as the shot-blocker and post-presence we need alongside Olynyk/Sullinger.
3. Get rid of Jeff Green somehow and sign Gordon Hayward, reuniting him with Brad Stevens in the pros.
4. Re-sign Avery Bradley for a three year deal at a reasonable price.
5. Use our second first-round pick on someone like James Young, Gary Harris, Dante Exum or Zach LaVine (whichever one falls that far, looking like LaVine at this point). Groom that SG to replace Bradley down the stretch.
6. Sign Walter Tavares and Thanasis Antetokounpo if they go undrafted or trade for 2nd round picks for them.
7. Win a string of championships in 3 years with this roster and Stevens the coach.
While assembling that team would be difficult, I have no doubt it's capable of winning a championship in three years with a guy like Rondo at the helm and Embiid picking up the game so quickly, along with solid role players in Sullinger and Bradley.
I really wanted Wiggins for the Celtics, but Embiid is just the better fit, no question.
1) Tell Alec Burks he is the man and he will be starting so get ready for 82 games of 30+ minutes.
2) Send Kanter and Favors to Mailman Malone summer camp in the Biyou again, both improved this last year from it, make it manditory.
3) Tell Gordon Hayward, you are a role player. Match his contract and keep him because he is good but have him focus on defense and assists (kind of like this year but with fewer shot attempts). Also, 3000 3 pointers a day over the summer...
4) Jazz draft Wiggins or Jabari. We need scoring. We don't need Embid though if we drops to us after those 2, we have to take him. If we get him, consider trading Favors or Kanter (probably Favors because Embid is closest to Favors in skills). Randle would be fine too because we actually don't have a power forward, Kanter and Favors are really centers and can only guard centers. but I forgot, this is my dream. We draft Wiggins or Parker.
5) Draft DeAndre Daniels at 23, again its my dream and he enters the draft. Dude was a beast in the tourney and can have time to develop behind Hayward and Burkes. Gives us a quick play maker off the bench.
6) Trey Burke shoots 3000 shots a day with Hayward and gets stronger. He was pushed a round a bit this year and I don't want him to lose his quickness but he has to be a little more durable and be able to hold his own.
Jazz most of all need better coaching. I'm not sure Corbin in the guy. The team seems to have some great pieces but they need to be matured and they need to be better coached...
1. Do whatever possible to get rid of Tayshaun Prince. Besides Jamaal Franklin, he is the only player on the team with a PER below 10, also a big contract. find a quality backup PG if possible, but take whatever you can get.
2. Draft some shooting at 21(Stauskas, Young, Hood, Payne as a stretch 4) or if they are all gone, pickup Shabazz Napier to groom behind Conley and immediatley become a quality backup. Then, try to make a trade to get into mid second round and pick up a solid role player with athleticism.
3. Keep Gasol, Randolph, Allen, Lee, Conley. Try to match an offer on Ed Davis unless it gets too high. Also try to keep James Johnson.
4. Improvee under Joerger in his first full offseason ad hope for a deep playoff run in 2014-15
1. They draft Dante Exum
2. Steve Nash takes back his quote about staying for the money and just retires.
3. They don't over pay free agents who don't fit into their system.
4. They get an athletic PF so that every NBA PF doesn't have a career night against the Lakers.
5. They get Jimmer. I just want to watch the guy shoot.
6. Kobe Bryant avoids scaring off players.
7. If Gasol resigns, it's for around only 10 million.
8. They get somewhat close to the playoffs so that they don't give up too big of a draft pick to the Suns.
OP, you want the Cavs to reach for Early at #9 and draft Kane in the 2nd round??
you're almost as bad as your front office.
1. Draft Adrien Payne at 16 and take a swing for the fences with P.J. Hairston at 19. Both do something Chicago desperately needs and that's shoot, icing on the cake, they are both good defenders. Hairston is a gamble but he'd fit in perfectly on a team that would play to his strengths and demand the best out of him. No reason Hairston can't at least be a poor man's Bellineli for the Bulls.
2. Try to get anything for Carlos Boozer and then use the amnesty once you can't find a sucker to give up a future protected second rounder.
3. Derrick Rose plays for Team USA at the World's and gets comfortable with his body in limited minutes, while playing against and with top notch competition.
4. Sign Mirotic away from the Spanish League and don't waste time trying to do it.
5. Look at the possibilities to get Carmelo Anthony without destroying your options for the future. I'm not sold on trading for Melo and having to give up Gibson to do so. Especially without seeing what you're gonna get with Mirotic and this year's two first round draft picks. Gibson is easily the best "third" big in the game, giving him up for Melo doesn't seem practical, even with Melo's ability to go off on any given night.
6. Resign Capt. Kirk for a reasonable price.
7. Jimmy Butler does nothing but work on his jumpshot.
8. Hold onto Mike Dunleavy Jr.
Hire Troy Weaver from the Thunder or Gersson Rosas from the Rockets as GM.
Hire George Karl as head coach.
My dream scenario would have the Pistons winning the lottery and drafting Andrew Wiggins.
Finding a way to trade Josh Smith. If they net anything positive from trading Josh Smith I'd be happy. I would prefer not to give away future draft picks in order for a team to take on Smith's contract.
Resigning Monroe should be a top priority.
KCP should be the starting shooting guard next season.
If the right trade comes along for Brandon Jennings then pull the trigger. Pistons should look to have a pass first point guard who has a good assist to turnover ratio and can knock down open jump shots.
Now that the Pistons would have three perimeter players who can make open shots, they would be able to center their team around their dominant young big men.
1. Fire Larry Drew
2. Fire Larry Drew
3. Fire Larry Drew
4. Fire Larry Drew
5. Fire Larry Drew
6. Hide all the food from Blow-J Mayo or hire someone to follow him around and swat food out of his hand when he tries to eat. Dude is a chunker.