Dakari Johnson will reclassify to 2013

Wreckless
Wreckless's picture
Dakari Johnson will reclassify to 2013

http://future150.com/hs/basketball-news/dakari-johnson-headed-to-2013

Class of 2013 just keeps getting better and better. Johnson was a consensus top 5 recruit in 2014. He missed a full season of HS basketball last year, but not because of injuries. But because of the coach leaving the school and he wanting to follow him. Kevin Boyle will have a great team this year with Kasey Hill, D'Angelo Russell, and Dakari Johnson. I cant wait to see him in action this year to see if he has improved. Without playing a college game he is already pegged as a future lottery pick. The leaders are presumed to be Kentucky, Florida, and Syracuse, so we'll see. Right now the rankings would like this to me. (And who I think they will commit to.)

1.) Andrew Wiggins - Florida State.
2.) Jabari Parker - Duke.
3.) Andrew Harrison - Kentucky.
4.) Julius Randle - NC State.
5.) Kasey Hill - Florida.
6.) Noah Vonleh - North Carolina.
7.) Aaron Harrison - Kentucky.
8.) Aaron Gordon - Washington.
9.) James Young - Kentucky.
10.) Dakari Johnson - Kentucky.
11.) Chris Walker - Florida.
12.) Wayne Selden - Kansas.

Malcolmx
Malcolmx's picture
Wow this is crazy. And he

Wow this is crazy. And he must be a good student because this is only his 3rd year of high school. all the other guys were in their fouth year and had plans on doing 5th years ala John wall but choose not too. This guy is really in just his 3rd year.

Mkadoza
Mkadoza's picture
Lol, well this just craps all

Lol, well this just craps all over my SU recruiting ideas. Lol, Dakari Johnson is the Andrew Bynum of high school, and most certainly has one and done written all over him now.

Mkadoza
Mkadoza's picture
Also theres no way Vonleh is

Also theres no way Vonleh is above Dakari.

Wreckless
Wreckless's picture
Dakari Johnson has not played

Dakari Johnson has not played high school basketball in a year, Vonleh has dominated competition over the past year including camps over the summer. He's right behind Wiggins and Parkers as far as wings are concerned. So right now I give him the nod.

Mkadoza
Mkadoza's picture
Understood, but true center

Understood, but true center prospects with the ability of Johnson are rare. Whats the difference between Vonleh and CJ Leslie at the same point? Long athletic combo's without a true face-up game or ball handling.

jwostrum
vonleh

vonleh is better than cj leslie is now and he has ball handling skills. maybe not elite, but good for his age and size. he should work more on his faceup though your right about that.

Wreckless
Wreckless's picture
What is this so called

What is this so called "Ability" of Johnson. He is a good guy to have on the floor, big bodied. Average defensively, and working on his post moves. Whats so special about him? Theres alot of guys that are like him, for example, Jahlil Okafor, Cameron Ridley. He has alot of potential though. I like Johnson, and I think he'll be solid, but right now were basing this off 1 high school season, and even so, college is way different, and I think it takes big men a little longer to adjust. I think Vonleh has shown that he can compete with the best of the best and I think he'll be a force in college. His motor is also great, so thats what seperates him from Leslie, and his jumpshot is improving. Which is why he gets the nod over Aaron Gordon as well.

Mkadoza
Mkadoza's picture
He's got the softest hands

He's got the softest hands since Oden or Bynum, and has extremely quick feet for a 6'11 285lbs player. Okafor has a better idea of how to play post offense, but he probably a full 3 inches shorter and isnt as instimidating defensively. The tools that Dakari has to work with are all elite level. In 3 years, this question wont even be close.

jwostrum
i could not agree more

vonleh is a great talent. he is 6'9 225 with a 7-3 wingspan. he has good ball handling skills a developing post game to say the least for a small forward, a great basketball iq. his jumpshot is good not great for a high school kid and its gonna get better. he is a high character kid who is very coachable and he is only starting to scratch the surface of his potential. hsi defence is good too and will get better. with a great college coach he will be a star in college and eventually a star in the nba. hes the kind of player a coach loves to have because of all his skills and his size. and he wants to learn as much as possible. a very humble kid.

Malcolmx
Malcolmx's picture
Vonleh is better then lesilie

Vonleh is better then lesilie at the same point in one's career. Vonleh is more of a true wing.and way stronger.Johnson is a notch below okafor for now. But 2013 class does not have a true back to the basket guy so johnson can take that spot.But 2013 is loaded as hell.Lets not forget.

jwostrum
might be a mistake

i think dakari should have kept his original graduating year. he probably needs some more polish on his post game because of that year he sat out. but it does give the 13 class a lottery center. hes the best center in 13 now easy. what a class of players. 2014 could be the best draft overall since 96. but we won't know for a while.

jwostrum
jahlil

i wonder if jahlil will reclasify next? hes better than dakari i think.

Siggy
What's the rush? I don't

What's the rush? I don't understand why he's reclassifying. By the time he graduates this year he'll only have 2 years of HS basketball under his belt.

Is 2013 his original class or what?

Also, check out his pic on Rivals. Someone tell me what's wrong with his smile.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/basketballrecruiting/basketball/recruiting/player-Dakari-Johnson-128880;_ylt=AkWXvPeVu0c6Tww4_q.KcJ3VO5B4

jwostrum
14 is his original class

hes was born in late 95. so he will be young for this class, plus the year he sat out because he transfered schools. he might have jumped the gun a bit. but only time will tell. maybe he will work his post moves a lot and make them better for college. i think he will end up at florida because his teammate kasey hill is going there and so is chris walker who is another florida guy.

theballerway
theballerway's picture
Vonleh

I like Vonleh and im hoping hes goes to UNC. However ,I see Vonleh as a skilled 4 you know. From what I see his ball handling is nice for a 4 , but certainly not for a 3, and he looks kinda slow for a elite wing prospect.

I see him matching up with the likes Randle and Walker rather than ,Parker and Wiggins personally

RSS: Syndicate content