As crazy as it Sounds: There's only 3 REAL teams in contention for LBJ in 2010.

Mr.Knick 32
Mr.Knick 32's picture
As crazy as it Sounds: There's only 3 REAL teams in contention for LBJ in 2010.

Call me crazy, I believe there's only 3 teams that could add Lebron James this offseason. I don't believe New Jersey is a player simply for the factor of history. The Nets aren't coming to Brooklyn till 2012 and does LBJ wanna play in the swamp for 2 seasons? and Chicago, New York and Cleveland. Here's my breakdown for all 3 teams.

Chicago- The Bulls have a superstar in D-Rose and a hustler in Joakim Noah. Chicago will not only have a new coach but good cap space. In a weak division, LeBron could walk into Chicago knowing this team will win the Divison title. He could also help players like Taj Gibson and James Johnson also develop into serviceable players. My only question: Does LeBron want to go to work everyday with Jordan's Championships and Banner looming over him?

New York- Say what you want: New York is the Mecca. MSG is getting renovated and the Knicks could add another Free agent along with Lebron. Not only that, NY has a huge piece in Eddy Curry (Stop Laughing and Stay With ME) who's 10mil contract can potential help pull another player (I.E. Baron Davis? Tony Parker? Tyshaun Prince?) to help Bron. Another good thing for NY's favor is those 2 2nd round picks and the potential movement of David Lee. If NY could add Chris Bosh- David Lee and Wilson Chandler will be gone. NY will have 2 2nd round picks (top 40) who can come in and grow around LeBron James.

Cleveland- I saved Cleveland for last for a reason. LeBron going back to Cleveland means alot of changes. Mo Williams and Mike Brown? Gone. The Cavs will look for more support around the King. The issue? What young FA is going to Cleveland? I don't know anyone who would. I also think locking into Antwan Jamison, Verejo and Williams for at least 2 seasons wasn't too smart.

I say in order? New York-Chicago-Cleveland as the best chances.

Thoughts?

dolla130
i think in order its

i think in order its Chicago,cleavland then new york and i put ny last because ok they have the most money and could get him and someone else but they still would not be better then LA,boston,and orlando with that roster thats there now because david lee would not be there and who would be your third option gallo come on lets be serious

esperanzafleet69
esperanzafleet69's picture
dude, i bet if new york gets

dude, i bet if new york gets bosh and lebron they would be winning the title for years to come... their team would be so big that they would literally be unguardable... lebron wilson chandler gallo bosh and whoever...

new york, i think, has the best chances of getting lebron those multiple titles he seeks...

Mr.Knick 32
Mr.Knick 32's picture
Wilson Chandler and Gallo are

Wilson Chandler and Gallo are good 3-4th options right now. Both have improved thier last seasons.

I believe Chicago and New York are changeable. I picked NY over Chicago because NY could just raise the stakes and add another FA with LeBron and maybe add someone in a trade. Plus, NY still have all thier exceptions (MLE, etc.)

Mr.Knick 32
Mr.Knick 32's picture
Esperanzafleet69.... I

Esperanzafleet69.... I agree.

NY could present LBJ a chance to win multiple championships and a historic legacy.

MagikKnick
MagikKnick's picture
New Yorks not offering

New Yorks not offering anything that Chicago or New Jersey isnt offering

MagikKnick
MagikKnick's picture
And what makes n addition of

And what makes the addition of Bosh give Wilson Chandler the boot?

Mr.Knick 32
Mr.Knick 32's picture
New York is offering the fame

New York is offering the fame along with the titles. If LeBron wins one championship in NY- It's like winning 5 in New Jersey.

As for the Chandler thing- Toronto could ask for Lee and Chandler for Bosh.

dolla130
Realsportsnet.com,esperanzafleet69

i get why you say ny but there is no guarantee that with that roster you said that they can beat LA,boston or Olando because ok chandler and gallo got better but are they any better then mo williams,jamison and verajo at this point,ok they scored points this season but on a bad team with no expectations and IMO i dont think that they can be that affective on a good team,chandler maybe because of his potential but gallo is a little better then anthony parker IMO. now look at the bulls situation there gonna get a good coach, then you have Derrick rose who will be the deciding factor for any FA thinking about playing in chicago then you have Joakim noah who will rebound and defend then gibson and johnson two young rookies who can and probably will get better then you have deng and hinrich who are on the market but if they stay will be solid back ups or will be key points in sign and trades but all in all the bulls are a better situation for lebron,wade,bosh and whoever else wants to make there money and have a chance at pushing for a title

Mr.Knick 32
Mr.Knick 32's picture
Well....NY would make more

Well....NY would make more moves then Just LeBron....that's why they added T-Mac for 30 games.

The Knicks just won't lock down LBJ. Walsh will make moves to get Lebron. Lebron will most likely be the last superstar to sign a contract so...NY has time during FA to make moves, draft players and such.

OhCanada-
OhCanada-'s picture
Bosh isnt going to New York

Bosh isnt going to New York unless Toronto retardedly does a sign and trade for David Lee but I doubt that Chris Bosh would do that and risk beeing booed by another team in Torontos Division.

Bosh has too much respect to ask to be traded to New York or New Jersey.

I dont think Lebron wants to go play with Joakim Noah the man that bad mouthed his hometown city.

I know its not gonna happen but the best 2 options for Lebron would be to go to LAC or New Jersey.

That being said he will probally go to New York and bring along the player I think would be the best combination with him in the whole NBA.Amare Stoudimire

Amare doesnt need set plays thrives off of the Fast Break had his career year with Mike Dantoni and is a beast athletically just like Lebron.Add Brendan Haywood for a solid big team or add Ray Allen for a solid smaller team. A fundimentally sound and good defending floor general at point and youve got yourself one hell of a team.But finding a good perimeter defender is harder than it sounds so they may have to settle for Watson, or Calderon or Parker.Lets just say they take Calderon and draft Vasquez and a big maybe Pittman.

SMALL
PG-Calderon, Vasquez
SG-Allen, Chandler
SF-Gallinari,Walker
PF-James,
C -Stoudemire,Pittman

BIG
PG-Calderon, Vasquez
SG-Chandler
SF-James, Galinari
PF-Stoudimire
C-Haywood, Pittman

Another shooter at SG and a shooting Big to stretch out the D and theyve got championships for years?Unless Oklaholma, Los Angeles, Boston, Chicago etc. begs to differ...

OhCanada-
OhCanada-'s picture
By the way Calderon would be

By the way Calderon would be an instant Allstar in Dantoni's offence.

fastdan
'Well....NY would make more

'Well....NY would make more moves then Just LeBron....that's why they added T-Mac for 30 games.'

They added him to get rid of Jeffries contract.

Calderon is still under contract in Toronto, and Dallas will unboubtedly use their bird rights to overpay Haywood. James is not a pf, Amare is not a C. Amare DOES need set plays, have you ever watched Pheonix play? They run the pick and roll like 15 times a game for him.

No matter how you want to spin it and throw out all these best case scenario NY rosters, LBJ isn't going to NY if he wants to win. NY's two best players on their roster for next year are both SF's and have massive holes everywhere else. They threw away their first rounders and have only have one expiring contract to bring in another player. The only reason LBJ goes to NY is because it'll be just for the hype and he'll 8 million people stroking his ego instead of the lesser amounts in NJ/Chi/Clev.

If he really wants to win he should just sign the MLE in Orlando...

OhCanada-
OhCanada-'s picture
FastDan are you kidding?Do

FastDan are you kidding?Do your homework...

A pick and roll is not necassarilly much of a set play.Anyone can engage a pick and roll its not an advanced play by any means.

Toronto is willing to drop Calderons contract off to anyone for beans.

And incase you havent noticed Lebron is a media whore.

Haywood seems like a player who wants to win and if Nowitzki leaves Dallas I highly doubt they waste money on Haywood.

Just like I said Lebron's wisest move if he was to wanna win would not to be going to New York.Its just what I feel he wants since he likes the High Market moves.

Im not even gonna comment on Lebron to Orlando >.<

bigblackNbeautiful
D wade

Is everyone forgeting LBJ and wades talk of playing together??

Mr.Knick 32
Mr.Knick 32's picture

'Well....NY would make more moves then Just LeBron....that's why they added T-Mac for 30 games.'

Isin't that the same thing from a different perspective? No need to knit pick.

Also, NY does have their 2011 1st round pick silly. They could also buy a 2010 1st round pick. Orlando wants to sell thier pick because they are close to the tax and NY could buy it for 2 mil. They could add 3 cheap, young players to load the roster then add someone like Chris Bosh or Tony Parker to help bring in LeBron James.

OhCanada-
OhCanada-'s picture
Wow that would just be

Wow that would just be wierd.The NBA has never seen anything like a Wade Lebron combo.I think Wade would rather play with Bosh.They also have the same agent...

OhCanada-
OhCanada-'s picture
CHRIS BOSH IS DOING A SIGN

CHRIS BOSH IS DOING A SIGN AND TRADDDDDE
AND IS LOYAL TO TORONTO AND WILL NOT WANT TO BE IN THE SAME DIVISION

geez guys pay attention lol

CordellHatley
CordellHatley's picture
Lebron, Dwayne and Possibly John Calipari in Chicago???

As crazy as this may sound I believe that there is a chance that this happens! I have a dream scenario for the fans in the city of Chicago such as myself. The Chicago Bulls have a lot of cap space in this upcoming off-season. I believe that the Bulls could possibly sign not only LeBron James but also see Dwayne Wade coming back to "Sweet Home Chicago"! I remember when there was a debate (if there actually was one) of who we should choose here in Chicago with the lucky number one pick that David Stern (thank you) gave us, Michael Beasley or Derrick Rose. Miami had the second pick in the draft and there were rumors that Miami wanted to do a package with Chicago to acquire the number one pick from Chicago. Now that Wade has the opportunity to chose does it now only make sense? After the game last night with Boston I all but think that LeBron is done in Cleveland. Hey if we didn't do what we had to do here in Chicago for Derrick Rose I would expect him to leave for better opportunities too. Now think about that roster here in Chicago for a second. Point Guard- Derrick Rose Shooting Guard- Dwayne Wade Small Forward- LeBron James Power Forward- Taj Gibson Center- Joakim Noah. With Kirk Hinrich, James Johnson and Luol Deng amongst others coming off the bench the Chicago Bulls will have a deadly team for years to come. I know you all must be saying Cordell aren't you forgetting something? with all of these superstars the Bulls have no coach. I know by know if you have read this far into this post you know that i am a dreamer. But a dream situation for the Chicago Bull's as far as the coaching situation would be John Calipari! I see him as the type of coach that could best utilize the speed of a Chicago lineup such as that one. John Calipari did do a hell of a job with Derrick Rose the one season that he did coach him. Why not see what he could do with him for a couple of years. Like the late Notorious B.I.G. said "It was all a Dream!" Maybe this could become Chicago Bull's fans reality!!!!

Mr.Knick 32
Mr.Knick 32's picture
But Chicago has cap space for

But Chicago has cap space for one max FA.

SmooveKRYPT
SmooveKRYPT's picture
this NY talk is overblown

do you guys think LeBron is stupid or something? he knows than any team with Gallo playing the 4 isn't gonna make it past the 2nd round. NY can't make their team that much better to where LeBron would jump at it. they're gonna lose David Lee if they sign LeBron and a star PF, that means they're gonna get dominated in the paint and on the boards every single night. if they want to trade for a better PG they're gonna have to part with Wilson Chandler and maybe Douglas too meaning they'd have to start someone wack at the 2 and 5 for at least 2 more years(they don't have a 1st rd pick next yr either). if LeBron REALLY wants to win a championship like he said, NY makes no sense at all. The Clippers could put out a better lineup every night to complement LeBron.

his options are NJ-CHI-then NY.

New Jersey...new owner is one of the richest men in the world and LeBron's overseas marketing would skyrocket with them teamed up. if they win the lottery that means John Wall(LeBron's favorite player) he would jump at the chance to play with Wall as his sidekick. Jay-Z is probably his best friend outside of the basketball world...you think LeBron throwing up the Roc after dunks for the past 3 years is coincidence? and lets not forget Brook Lopez. the guy put up 19 & 9 with 2 blocks this year. none of the teams with cap space have a young established big like him(Noah can't score). and he can bring along whichever PF he wants with him. most people say Bosh, but I think Amare is better for LeBron. I think this is the clearcut best option for him...the only question is does the delay in the Brooklyn project shy him away.

Chicago...Obviously Derrick Rose is starting to blow up, him and LBJ together would be dynamic to say the least. Noah is one of the best defensive and rebounding bigs in the league...but I think him & LeBron's fueds only hurt their chances. plus...LeBron doesn't want to live in Jordan's shadow, he wants to make his own legacy and be remembered as the best player to suit up for whatever franchise he signs with. that will never happen in Chicago.

NY...the city is really the only reason this one would happen. the team and the coach will never win a title and I'm pretty sure LeBron knows that. if he goes to NY its just for the glory. nothing more, nothing less.

OhCanada-
OhCanada-'s picture
Not to mention the Jay Z

Not to mention the Jay Z Lebron affiliation...always throwing up the Roccafella sign in the air,(lets not start about freemasons).The fact that NJ honestly had the best options and room to build prospects to trade etc.If he wants to be smart he will go to NJ.If he wants to be a dumbass he will go to NY simply said.LAC is the median lmao.

NYK2010
If anything Chandler could be

If anything Chandler could be moved for a PG.
Why would the Knicks want Baron Davis his contract is a joke for an overrated 31 yr old who's hurt a lot.
Tony Parker make definately makes sense, also Emeka Okafor if the Hornets want to cut salary he could play Center.
Tayshaun Prince I don't get they have Gallo how many Sf's do you need.
Gallo is a perfect 3rd option not sure what games dolla130 watched.
Basically last yr was his rookie season and he did pretty well with 15 ppg.

No team Lebron goes to that has cap room will automatically win the title next year or be elite.
There is a reason they have cap room. Not sure why everyone thinks Gallo is playing the 4.
Most likely Gallo is either your starting SF with Lebron as a SG or Chandler starts at SG and Lebron at Sf. Gallo would than be coming off the bench. They have plenty of options becaz Chandler and Lebron can both play multiple positions.

The Nets only chance at Lebron is if they the top pick. The whole friendship with Jay-Z and playing for one of the richest owners now means very lil. Jay-Z is a part owner and didn't the Cavs get sold to a very wealthy rich man as well. If Lebron signs with the Nets knowing he's playing in Newark for at least the next 2 years I'd be surprised. Also when it comes to the Clipprs they have always had talent but how many franchise players have signed there. Don't count Baron Davis or Corey Maggette.

Mr.Knick 32
Mr.Knick 32's picture
NY...the city is really the

NY...the city is really the only reason this one would happen. the team and the coach will never win a title and I'm pretty sure LeBron knows that. if he goes to NY its just for the glory. nothing more, nothing less.

Like I said- Winning 1 championship in NY is similar to winning 3 in NJ. The Knicks could also do something like Firing the Coach? It's been discussed already....The Knicks will make a run for a new coach if that's stopping LBJ coming to NY. Plus, NY could add 2 FA's not one.

Plus- Let's not underrated the "Fame, Glory" angle for LBJ. The man is somewhat a primadonna.

Mr.Knick 32
Mr.Knick 32's picture
Plus, NY has a expiring

Plus, NY has a expiring contract in Eddy Curry. If a team want some salary cap relief for 2011, Eddy Curry's contract could be a big piece.

I agree. Have you seen Gallo? Defensively- He is average at best. I wouldn't be surprised if NY could use Gallo as a SG who could shot and post on smaller SG's. The Knicks could just move Wilson Chandler and Eddy Curry for someone like Tony Parker or Baron Davis.

dolla130
hahahaha people kill me with

hahahaha people kill me with the whole him and noah incident and how he was clowning his hometown, lebron is from akron ohio not cleavland and he stated him self that he has no problems with noah and if you watch the mvp speech he said like 5 or 6 times my heart will always be in akron and i love akron and cleavland will always be missed and that was put in a past tense

the I in win
the I in win's picture
I hope he goes to chicago, I

I hope he goes to chicago, I wouldn't have to watch him play with an inept point guard anymore and he would have a center that can run jump defend and rebound.

SmooveKRYPT
SmooveKRYPT's picture
yeah you're right on that

yeah you're right on that about winning 1 in NY and the primadonna stuff.
but firing the coach would change the whole dynamic. he said that he likes D'Antoni and would love to play for him becasue he'd love to run more. if they fire him that would defeat the purpose and I think it would make it less attractive for Bron.
and I know they can add 2, I said even if they sign him and Bosh or Amare they'd still have a bum playing Center for the next 2 years or they'd play one of them at C and Gallo at the 4 and would never make it out of the 2nd round either way.

Mr.Knick 32
Mr.Knick 32's picture
Jkwon...if Lebron said "I'll

Jkwon...if Lebron said "I'll go to NY but bring me Phil Jackson or John Calipari or Jeff Van Gundy"

You think NY will say NO? NO way.

SmooveKRYPT
SmooveKRYPT's picture
yeah I know, I said they'd

yeah I know, I said they'd have to trade Wilson and Curry to get a PG like Parker, Baron, or Harris. but they still have no bigs. if you can't rebound in this league, you can't win. period.

Mr.Knick 32
Mr.Knick 32's picture
Yea...if he wants to play in

Yea...if he wants to play in the swamp, he'll play in NJ

Let's stop with the prospects thing. NY has Wilson Chandler and Danilo Gallinari (both players improved the past 2 seasons), Bill Walker who at times last season- scored well and played very good defense along with 2 2nd round draft picks coming in and NY looking to buy another 1st rounder?

Stop. I understand NJ has some good player but NY isin't terrible. They could use some more players but NY has some players.

Zero
Do some of you forget that

Do some of you forget that Lebron and Noah had a little conversation earlier in the season. I don't think Lebron would want to play with a guy who doesn't like him or his hometown. Also, whoever said the Clippers is wrong because I don't think Lebron wants to play in Kobe's town. The only possible other teams would be either New York or New Jersey. I doubt Bosh will want to play in New York or New Jersey cause I doubt he want to get booed every time.

SmooveKRYPT
SmooveKRYPT's picture
realsportsnet...Phil isn't

realsportsnet...Phil isn't leaving LA for anywhere but retirement. Coach Cal, maybe...but Chicago is on his tail too. Van Gundy has said many times the NJ job is the best out there, he'd take that before the Knicks.

The Scare Crow ...
why you keep calling it a swamp

NJ's in a good spot and a free agent will get a whole lot richer there

kanyedabest
kanyedabest's picture
staright off of espn front

staright off of espn front page lol

DanEboy
DanEboy's picture
I wonder if LeBron or Wade

I wonder if LeBron or Wade ever visit this site and laugh at all of this.

Mr.Knick 32
Mr.Knick 32's picture
Everyone who watches

Everyone who watches basketball knows NJ as the swamp. It's been called that for like 15 years.

NYK2010
Bosh isn't disrespecting the

Bosh isn't disrespecting the Raptors if he leaves for the Knicks or Nets thats stupid.
One thing no one mentioned is that the Bulls don't have a big man who can score and its been rumored for years they tried to trade for KG. Now they have cap room to go after Boozer/Bosh/Amare.
They already have a SF in Deng who has a big contract and Hinrich at SG maybe they do go after a PF.

McWinning

Isin't that the same thing from a different perspective? No need to knit pick.

Also, NY does have their 2011 1st round pick silly. They could also buy a 2010 1st round pick. Orlando wants to sell thier pick because they are close to the tax and NY could buy it for 2 mil. They could add 3 cheap, young players to load the roster then add someone like Chris Bosh or Tony Parker to help bring in LeBron James.

Realisticly Nets could buy every pick in the first round probably lol, so i dont agree with the buying a pick think, the Nets have the advantage in money. also Lebron going late in free agency hurts them, because they wouldnt be able to go over the cap on him which could hurt them.

McWinning
''Everyone who watches

''Everyone who watches basketball knows NJ as the swamp. It's been called that for like 15 years.''

How come they have had more succes in New York during that time then?

Brifeib
"Yea...if he wants to play in

"Yea...if he wants to play in the swamp, he'll play in NJ"
The Nets will not be playing in "The Swamp". The Swamp is actually the nickname for the Meadowlands and the Nets will playing in the beautiful Prudential Center in Newark for the next 2 years until the Barclays Center is ready. I certainly wouldn't call the Nets the favorite to sign James but I wouldn't discount them merely because of their history and arena because Proky will legitimize this franchise and the Rock is a pretty nice temporary venue. Also, bringing the first championship to Brooklyn since the Dodgers in '55 would be a pretty huge deal.

leppy
the bulls answer

they are currently trying to trade deng and hinrich and only then would they have enough for wade and lebron. hinrich and deng would not be able to come off the bench. they would have 44.6 million after deng and hinrich get traded. they would have about 43 million after they sign the 17th pick and omer asik there second round pick from last year. they could go
rose,wade,lebron,taj,noah with omer asik a backup center and james johnson backup small forward. They would need a combo guard, and big man with the leftover money and MLE. I think this team would be the best case scenario for lebron but i would prolly put bosh or amare over wade and put a shooter at sg

NYK2010
You can't trade them when the

You can't trade them when the deadline is passed and trade them for expiring contracts would still count on the cap for 2010-11 season. I think your lost when it comes to the cap man.

apb540
apb540's picture
Knicks

If GeeBron goes to New York he will become my most hated player ever. I already have to deal with bandwagon jumping NY fans telling me about the Yankees history and how the Mets have the next Babe Ruth in their farm system, along with all the fans who just pick whoever is winning more btween the Jets and Giants. As a Philadelphian, I can confidently say that I Hate New York!

NYK2010
Well the Yankees buy

Well the Yankees buy championships so I don't mind hating on them.
The Jets and Giants are overrated and so are the Eagles.
The Mets get a top hitting prospect like once a decade let us enjoy that man.
Knicks finally got under the cap and out of the garbage mess Isiah left.

Mr.Knick 32
Mr.Knick 32's picture
''Everyone who watches

''Everyone who watches basketball knows NJ as the swamp. It's been called that for like 15 years.''

How come they have had more succes in New York during that time then?

That's what happens when you have a terrible GM and one team get lucky in a weak eastern conference.

leppy
ummm

why couldnt you trade hinrich and deng in a sign and trade

Mr.Knick 32
Mr.Knick 32's picture
You could do a sign and trade

You could do a sign and trade with Deng and Hinrich but I don't think they have high value.

leppy
i know

deng is only 25 averaging 17 and 7 not worth much at all

Mr.Knick 32
Mr.Knick 32's picture
I watched Deng for 2 years

I watched Deng for 2 years now. He was expected to step up earned a big contract is just average.

17-7 is good don't get me wrong but that's probably his best. Also, he is not clutch in the playoffs.

10 mill for someone who's been under the radar and haven't been in the limelight, not clutch in the playoffs and probably maxed out?

mgreener_34
mgreener_34's picture
Yeah Deng's a bum but Gallo

Yeah Deng's a bum but Gallo and Chandler are enough to lure LeBron? That makes perfect sense

RSS: Syndicate content