I'm bored so i thought of some questions I want answered cuz I'm not sure.
1. Will Jennings and Thabeet fall dramatically?- I don't really see a team that should take thabeet in the top 5. Memphis has gasol who WILL NOT be playing PF for that team. OKC should take Harden. He's a perfect fit and thabeet may take to long to develop. Sacramento needs a PG and this draft is heavy with them. I hear Washington wants to trade down so maybe a team who needs a center could trade up. Jennings is a favorite of mine but the way scouts are down on him could lead to a bad fall. ?/?/?/
2. Can the bulls package someone to move into the top 8? This could happen easily with all the options the bulls have on their team. If they were to get there I think they'd take Derozan or Evans being that SG is their only weakness(if gordon leaves)?/?/?/
3. Who will washington trade down to? I think that if Thabeets available at 5 then detroit should trade for him. Rasheed is bound to be out of there soon and Thabeet's a good replacement. I hear Toronto and NJ want to move up, but I don't know. ?/?/?/
4. Does the Sacramento and Memphis trade get done or does NY try to move there? The 2-4 swap seems like a good deal for both sides but who would be involved to make it work? If NY moves up I think they'll send Lee to Memphis, which will be great for them seeing that they need a PF bad. Which is more likely?/?/?/
5. What teams are going to try to get their way in and out of the 1st Round?/?/?/
Please this is simply for the sake of discussion. Comments are what I'm looking for.
How I have the top 5 panning out before and after trades;
Griffin, Rubio, Thabeet, Hill, Harden
Griffin, Rubio, Thabeet, Evans, Hill
1. I don't see either of them falling out of the top ten. I think Thabeet ends up in Oklahoma next season when they take him with the 3rd pick. As for Jennings I think Minnesota is a bunch of fools if they pass up on him. I have him going their at 6 and if not 7, 8. I just can't see him falling down that hard.
2. If Tyrus Thomas is on the block yes. Maybe Trading Thomas and Hinrich to Minnesota in a deal for the 6.
3. I can see a Washington Dallas deal really happening if a 2-4 Swap is done.
4. The 2-4 swap in my mind will happen. If Jason Thompson is part of the package this draft becomes very interesting. If he is the Grizzlies will take Tyreke Evans at 4, but if not and I assume it's the case then Jordan Hill is the pick. It's all what the Kings are willing to give up in this draft to get Rubio.
5. Honestly I haven't been paying to much attention on who wants in vs who wants out. This is going to be a very interesting draft nonetheless.
Besides Blake Griffen at 1 its a crap shoot.Teams for some reason love Rubio over other guys like Brandon Jennings, due to marketing more so then true nba potential. Memphis will not sign Rubio but would love to draft him and trade that pick to some one in the top ten. it should go like this due if you want to make your team better for all in this draft
Draft pick by pick-top 3- trades included
1.Clippers Blake Griffin. He is the best player in draft period.Short of a bone head trade or blockbuster deal that includes the Clippers Dumping Baron's contract and drafting Rubio in exchange for B Griffin.The Kings may be the team that could pull it of some how. # 4 pick need a point guard. If it could work money wise i think it would save both franchises.The Clippers are doomed wheiter they sign Griffin or not.It think the Clippers are better of trading Blake and Al Thorton to OKC in exchange for Harden and Jeff Green and a possible pick in the draft.They wont be able to move either Kaman,Camby or especily Randolph. Their best bet is to wait their contracts out Their Line ups look like this
Baron,Harden,Green,Randolph(for a year)Kaman or Camby and E.Gordon as the 6th man
Westbrook,Durant,Thorton,B.Griffin,Krstic or Collison and Sefolosa as a stopper
2.Grizzles Ricky Rubio to Knicks.Rudy Gay traded to Knicks for D.Lee and 8th pick.Grizz Would love to get rid of this pick to aquire Lee. He and Gay are swaped for each other Lee signs with the Grizz and they get out out a top 3 where the best picks filled no major needs. The grizz need a pf like Lee to become a double double guy alongside Gasol and can still draft some athletic wing player at pick eight to run with the New Conley,Mayo,Lee and Gasol Line up(the best possibe sf or pg prospect would do with the pick. insert Earl Clark,James Johnson or dark horse Omri Casspi.Teague and Jennings may also be there to temp them to trade conley to someone like the blazers for T.Outlaw and S.Rodriguez in the summer)
3.Thunder James Harden.Legit top 3 talent that would give the Thunder a big 3 of Westbrook/Harden/Durant (Griffin and Rubio are drafted 1 and 2
Teams to watch
The Knicks love Rubio and will probally trade for him. Lee and the 8th pick are the best bargaining chips they have and if all the grizz would have to do is trade Gay and take the 8th pick to aquire an all star type guy the Knicks cant pay (if they want their holy grail in 2010)
The Clippers Must Try to maximize their assets in this pick.No one will want the 3 guys they need to get rid of in order for Griffin to touch the floor and look like a rookie of the year or good player the next year for that matter. Letting Oklahoma have they're home town hero in exchange for James Harden and Jeff Green( 2 guys that will bring you all the intangables Blake wont for 3 to 4 years. All they lose is The Right say u had the # 1 pick and wasted it again and Al Thorton who would be replaced by Jeff Green.
The Thunder they have a top 3 pick and can do no wrong as long as they know Harden is lock and Griffin (OK's holy grail is very getable for Harden and Green) The Cilppers stupidity could come to be OKC's greatest gift..(That and Seatle's goverment folding to Hijack City's demands lollololololol)
1. I also wonder what will happen with Thabeet. I hope Oklahoma doesn't take him, but he would be a good fit. I see Brandon Jennings falling to 13-20. He reminds me of Gerald Green because he has a ton of talent but teams are unsure of him. There are also a lot of other options at the point guard. I think he will be a good player but his draft-stock is dropping rapidly.
2. Chicago can and SHOULD move into the top 8. Do you think Washington would take Hinrich and T-Time, auber? Hinrich is big enough to defend 2-guards and has the advanced point guard skills that Arenas lacks. That could be a good trade for Minnesota as well. Demar DeRozen would be a GREAT fit in Chicago with Derrick Rose, they don't really need Tyreke Evans.
3. Dallas, Utah, and Minnesota are the most popular names being thrown around the rumor mill. Like I said before Chicago could get a deal done. Dallas will most likely be the team that gets #5. I guess they are excited about a duo of Jordan Hill and Dirk Nowitzki. Could be fun, I guess. I don't know what Detroit has to offer to Washington. #14 and Hamilton? Then they would take some of Washingtons bad contracts. If Thabeet is available and Washington is willing then it could be a good trade. This does put Detroit in a MAJOR rebuilding mode.
4. I think Sacramento would not include Thompson or Hawes in the 2-4 swap. Probably just draft picks and Donte Greene is a popular name around these boards. David Lee would be a good fit in Memphis but I don't think he is enough to coax Memphis out of the 2nd overall pick. They would probably have to throw in Chandler or something and New York wouldn't want to get rid of him yet. The #2 pick will be interesting this season.
5. I don't really know much. I know New Orleans is in a finacial crisis and doesn't want to pay any rookie a guaranteed contract. Detroit wants more cap space. Dallas wants more young talent. Houston wants in the first round. Portland is looking to sell/trade #24.
are u kinding me TheProfessor76!!
what in the world are u talking about grizz trading 2 pick/r. gay to knicks for 8th pick /d. lee..... am i missing something how do the knick walk away with the higher pick and better player????
and then even considering taking Omri Casspi with the 8th pick just sums up how little u know about basketball
u must be a knicks fan to come up with such bizzard situations
p.s d. lee moving over to the western conference would be the worst thing for his career b/c he'd no longer be able to play most of his night against the weaker sisters of the league. and NO he is not an all star!!!
Gay and the #2 (Ricky Rubio) for Lee and the #8 would be the twin sister equivalent to the Pau Gasol for a refrigerator trade debacle that occurred two seasons ago. Gay has averaged around 20 ppg and 6 rpg over the past two seasons while Lee has averaged around 13ppg and 10.5 rpg in the same span. Gay is a potential all-star in the making. I wouldn't make this deal straight up (Gay for Lee) if I was the Grizzlies' front office, let alone give the #2 pick up for the #8. A more reasonable and sensible deal would be Lee and the #8 for the #2, but I am STILL on the fence about that! But who knows? Considering the Grizzlies' blunders of the past, this trade is sadly feasible.
Rubio(10pts and 7-8 ass. max) and Gay(15 to 20 pts. until he bolts in FA) in Ny would not be better than D.Lee( 16 pts. and 12 rebs. and B.Jennings or Jeff Teague(Both will have far better careers than Rubio)I proposed this trade will happen b cuz NY loves Ricky a needs to find compensation for Lee. Grizz need a star pf to fix that pau trade in all of our eyes(specialy since he may help LA win a ring 1 year later) and Gay was pretty much on the outs there due to them drafting Mayo(Gay is more a tall 2 than a typical 3 anyway) and with that 8th pick could still land a guard to compliment Mayo or a Sf to take Rudy spots in the starting five...Both teams would benifit greatly..they only lose the 2 budding stars that dont seem to have a place on their teams.Maybe Ny throws in Chandler and Mem. adds Conley(to draft B.Jennings or J.Teague or Holiday)
lol dude come on now if you was a GM you would actually trade two player that may have similiar value and this is a stretch and the give up the 2nd pick for the 8th pick. How does that make sense. That would be a stupid move because even if it pans up somehow you put yourself at a lesser advantage when you had the upper hand. No one smart does that. If you have the upper hand you dictate things not the other way around.
They are borderline bankrupt and rubio's signabililty and the big buyout leave him as the biggest red flag in the dreft to me.no one else is worth top 3 money when you have Mayo (no Harden) and Gasol (no Thabeet.Rubio would ) Why not save some money on a european rookie and take the same chance on a street kid like Brandon Jennings to excite an urban fanbase desprete for some youth and energy.Make way more sense for the Knicks too.Lee is Gone if they dont pull the trigger on something.Memphis gets a starter and prospect same as Ny.And all players and GM's love the other guys stars. Rubio and Gay with Knicks are a solid young backcourt and with Chandler,Harrington and Gallo running and gunning they could lure a mega free agent in 2010.Memphis gets a tough nose pf that will avg 15 and 12 easily.He and Gasol would be a double double front court that could rebound and defend with any other team in the league.And the opportunity to put Jennings and Mayo in a Backcourt together would be a dream for basket ball fans everywhere.If they get Jennings and Lee Memphis would be one Small Forward away from contending in 2010 or 2011(Melo,Lebron or other)They'll be young and affordable(until Mayo becomes Fa) Same for Ny who would have building blocks Like Rubio,Gallo,Gay and Chandler to put a all star pf and c to make a contender in the east.(Curry,Harrington and the other bad contracts will be gone so maybe a star 2g if you let Gay go at some point and C would be best(Kobe and Howard ironicly)
Centers rarely if ever "freefall" in the draft, Only exception off the top of my head is Vlade Divac, Size does matter and the saying is you can't teach height and if you make a mistake, make a "big mistake". Someone will trade up. He will not fall past 3 or 4 worst case if someone is in love with someone other than Griffin,Rubio or Thabeet. The thought of moving a legit center to power forward irks me. Quality centers are so hard to find, why move one out of position? Twin towers worked in Houston 30 years ago, but I'd rather see a trade than move Thabeet to power forward. He'd be out of place at that position anyway.
Nobody will pass on 7'2". I think Jennings and/or Derozan might fall though.
According to the Grizzlies' front office, their first and foremost priority this off-season is to sign Gay to an extension, and Gay has repeatedly stated how much he WANTS to be in Memphis so all signs point to a deal getting done.