Could 2016 be top five EVER?!?!

TalentSearch
Could 2016 be top five EVER?!?!

I don't know but to name a few that have MAJOR Star Power (no order)

Thon Maker

Josh Jackson

VJ KingDedrick Lawson

Malik Monk

T Furguson

Jayson Tatum

Shawn Williams

Harry Giles

Seventh Woods

Rip255

If they introduce the 2 and done rule, those guys won't be playing until the 2018/2019 season.

So probably a bit early for that claim but good that you've identified some talent in the class nonetheless.

You seen any of these guys live?

Ihateusernames
Ihateusernames's picture
High school classes are

High school classes are always a wait and see proposition. Have to see who grows and who stops growing. Who comes out of nowhere and who fades away.

Thon Maker appears to be a lock. Since he is already 7ft and freakishly skilled. Even if he doesn't grow or gain a pound he is at worst a Chris Bosh clone.

Everyone else gotta wait and see. Seventh woods is a crazy highlight waiting to happen but he is 6'1", Malik monk is only 6'3", what if he stops growing and becomes the next OJ .mayo?

look at the 2007 class. Early on it was all about Mayo, Rose, and Bill Walker. Mayo stagnated, Walker never learned to shoot, Kevin love, Eric Gordon, and Michael Beasley surpassed them, and only Rose and Love hav gone on to nba stardom

bernardojeh
Forgot someone?

Westbrook?

Memphisboy14
Westbrook graduated in 2006

Westbrook graduated in 2006 he came out as a sophomore in the 2008 NBA draft.

TalentSearch
Most

@rip255 I've seen all of them live except VJ and Woods

they all show great promise. Maker is a lock but I really like Monk. Body type and brother height says about 6'5 if that's the case he'll be throwing it down for years to come. I honestly don't think I've seen a better athlete in quite a while. And the 59 at Nike says more than dunking.

My sleeper for 2016 is Shawn Williams has a really nice game, UCONN has offered his game reminds you of Bazz

Ihateusernames
Ihateusernames's picture
Did Harry Giles have knee

Did Harry Giles have knee surgery?

tuck243
tuck243's picture
I'm not sold on Thon Maker right now

he's very, very limited on what he can do versus "decent" (and lord I mean decent) talent... I'm with Ihateusernames... Let's wait and see... We all know these prospects come to sites like this and look through these fourmns (I would), lets not give them a bigger head than they already have... They're young...

Ty Benjamins
Ty Benjamins's picture
if everybody pan out

This class has SCARY potential. Thon Maker, Josh Jackson, and Seventh Woods potential alone makes this class exciting. Ain't that 7'5 dude 2016 too?

Windy City Assassin
Who are your sleepers that

Who are your sleepers that aren't talked about within this class?

I really like DeShawn Corprew.

Hitster
Hitster's picture
Way to early to guess who

Way to early to guess who will be a legit NBA player although Maker has a unique skillset and anyone called Seventh is cool in my book. Seriously lets see what colleges these guys decide to go to and see them on an NCAA court, then we'll have more idea on them but the class does look good.

RichieRebel
Dennis Smith jr looks like

Dennis Smith jr looks like he'll give woods a run for best PG of the class. De'ron Davis looks awesome also.

PrimetimeP75
This class has the potential

This class has the potential to be ranked with some of the best of all time but what makes the 2007 class so strong was how deep it was and the development of some of the less heralded players such as Chandler Parsons Isaiah Thomas and even James Harden who was ranked in the 20s. In this 2016 class I really like Dennis Smith Jr and wouldn't be surprised if he becomes not just the top PG but top player in the class. Very explosive PG.

TalentSearch
Seriously

@Tuck243 you said your not sold on Maker... U need 7k negs....

At worse right now he's early CB4.

Come'on Man

tuck243
tuck243's picture
Have you watched him play??

Honestly... Have you watched over 2 games of his?? I said I'm not sold on him right now because he looks more like Isiah Austin to me at this moment... I have to see more, don't get mad at me because I'm not declaring someone a star without seeing enough production from him... Stick to watching mixtapes

LOFTY
LOFTY's picture
There isn't a day that goes

There isn't a day that goes by that I'm not blown away with you guys. You guys have so much knowledge about all basketball players. I follow the jazz and the NBA and considered myself to know basketball but nothing like you guys! You may not know it but you help me learn about players I've never heard of! Thanks again!

arambone
I'm pretty knowledgeable

I'm pretty knowledgeable about the Nets cap situation in 15-16, and the details of the KG Pierce trade.

ncballer
Short answer-yes.

Short answer-yes.

he_gets_buckets
I'm not sold completely on

I'm not sold completely on Maker. Even Bosh had more on his frame then Thon, he is literally a stick. His skills are through the roof for a guy his size though, so its like a 99 in a 100 chance he pans out to at least an NBA player, but man, he makes college Durant look like a sumo wrestler.

Tyrober
Tyrober's picture
They have the potential to be

They have the potential to be but I think a lot of high school classes have the potential. Like others have said some guys just seem to fade away while getting replaced by people who were hardly on the radar. We don't really get to see the true potential until they play in college.

RSS: Syndicate content