The Clippers - 2010 Free Agency

Mr. Basketball
Mr. Basketball's picture
The Clippers - 2010 Free Agency

What do u think the clippers will do in the 2010 free agency? Do u think they will be able to lure any top all-stars with a core of blake griffin, eric gordon, al thornton, deandre jordan, baron davis, and chris kaman? Will they wait until kevin durant in 2011? They will have over 20 million dollars to spend. What do u guys think?

mikeyvthedon
mikeyvthedon's picture
I think......

You should root for a different team.

RickyRubio9
RickyRubio9's picture
LOL

...Comment Above earned a Point from me.

aarondsonixfan
i'm pretty sure that durant

i'm pretty sure that durant is staying in okc... his team is stacked... all they need is a legit center and they are in possible playoff contention in 2011. I think that the clippers should just keep the guys that they got imo

Mr. Basketball
Mr. Basketball's picture
i think......

you're retarded.

Michael.S.
why would

Durant leave to the Clipps?

Mr. Basketball
Mr. Basketball's picture
1. big market (regardless if

1. big market (regardless if its the clips, its still LA)
2. why would he not want to live in LA?
3. why would he want to live in OKC? (no offense to those that live there)
4. can play with a low dominant big (griffin).
5. will have money unlike a lot of teams in 2011 if they wait until 2011.
6. can take the west coast to himself once kobe is old (2011 or 2012)

mikeyvthedon
mikeyvthedon's picture
LOL

Dude, I was kidding. I gave you a point for the comeback, as it was hilariously immature, though in the kindest way. I mean, you set me up for it. I was even thinking of saying that you should pray that Donald Sterling should sell the team. I mean, as a Clippers fan, do you predict good things happening to your team? Mike Dunleavy has been your coach for 4 years and it has been 6 to long in my opinion. I mean, Donald Sterling may be a nice guy, but he is the Al Davis of the NBA, except Al Davis at least won at some point with his franchise. He just is allergic to smart basketball people being a part of his franchise, that and winning. I could go on, but have fun with Billy Crystal and Malcolm in the Middle (even the famous fans are lame, lol).

Mr. Basketball
Mr. Basketball's picture
^ wat about kate hudson?

^ wat about kate hudson? she is a fan since we have b-diddy. O and jessica alba is a b-diddy fan too.

CavsDawg
the Clippers aren't going to

the Clippers aren't going to sign anybody. sorry dude, your team blows.

worst franchise in all of sports, and it's sad when your own fans are the reason for it....

Mr. Basketball
Mr. Basketball's picture
1st of all, before lebron,

1st of all, before lebron, the cavs sucked. have fun with your crappy team after lebron leaves and the clippers are contenders with griffin, gordon, thornton, jordan, davis, kaman, and a 2010 free agent.

O and how is the fans fault? the clippers are one of the only teams that made a profit this season. And its not because sterling does not spend money because guess what, we were at the salary cap maximum.

mikeyvthedon
mikeyvthedon's picture
Dude

Were you over the luxury though? I mean, you have to spend money Clippers! What was the deal with the Elton Brand thing? Yes, Kate Hudson and Jessica Alba may go to a Clippers game, but I recall seeing them at Lakers games as well, lol. Lets face it brother, you have no depth on the wing and the Clippers odds of signing a big name free agent in 2010 or even 2011 are slim to none. Kevin Durant is not going to leave OKC, at least not for however long as Sam Presti can match his deal as he will be restricted. Yes, it is nice to dream about being a contender, but your team is injury prone and your ownership and personnel should give you nightmares. Their are much better assortments of young talent in the league and who the hell on your team are you comparing too LeBron James exactly? Not to mention, you are the one that posted that ridiculous new article on LeBron staying with the Cavs, which is of course a way he could lure an FA to help and I think is very much still up in the air. One thing is for sure, he is not coming to the Clippers to provide desperately needed help on the wing. Thornton is decent, but not 40 minutes a game worthy. Baron, Camby and Kaman all are incredibly injury prone and I am not as high on DeAndre Jordan as you seem to be. The guy got killed by Andrew Bynum (17-20 from the field, 42-17) and I remember Greg went 7-7 from the field and killed the dude. Plus, he is Ben Wallace from the line. Eric Gordon and Blake Griffin are solid young guys, but you need more than that to win. If B-Diddy stays healthy, they should be a better team, but I have no faith. You need hardcore depth on the wing and just depth in general. Good luck, you will need it.

OldSkoolBasketball
OldSkoolBasketball's picture
Clippers were pretty good

Clippers were pretty good that one year when they went to the playoffs. Only good thing I remember about them.

Stanford hoops
im sorry clippers fan but

im sorry clippers fan but chances are high no one is gonna come there..thats good that you stick with them to the end but there upstairs is pretty bad on top of the players getting hurt...the clippers organization is one of the worst oginazations in all of pro sports..when youre voted that its pretty bad

wutever
wutever's picture
I used to be a fan of this

I used to be a fan of this team, then i discovered they were cursed.

Mr. Basketball
Mr. Basketball's picture
mikeyvthedon: i did not post

mikeyvthedon: i did not post the lebron article. i bashed it since it was obviously not a guarantee that he was staying and he was just talking.

maravich44
The Clippers have a few good

The Clippers have a few good players to build around and their future is seemingly bright based on that fact, I'm a Cubs fan and know all about curses and teams that just can't win for any reason. I have come to live with the fact that they aren't likely to win, even if I don't like it. My advise to you is to do the same. Clippers are just one of those teams that misfortune will find. The likes of Dunleavy, Sterling and Elgin Baylor haven't helped much either, Good luck! It's tough rooting for these types of teams year after year. Loyalty is a great quality, but don't get your hopes up too high.

bluedevils12
i have to agree mikey

even tho i have a fam member that plays with the clips(thornton) i really dont see them getting durant or bron. If anything i see them getting a few core worthy guys that could help them in the playoffs. maybe like a solid point or center. Im not very high on the deandre jordan either. I think he has a lot of potential but i dont think he will reach it. I think gordon griffin and thornton will be good but as for baron lets be real money was wasted in getting him. or let me rephrase that: baron cannot run dunleavys offense. not many point guards can or want to. If dunleavy is still gm and coach it wont matter who the hell is on the team becuz they will be goin nowhere fast.

Mr. Basketball
Mr. Basketball's picture
dunleavy has gm'ed well

dunleavy has gm'ed well

butidonthavemoney
butidonthavemoney's picture
Donald Sterling

Dude is suing his prostitute. 'Nuff said.

butidonthavemoney
butidonthavemoney's picture
Sterling

Also he wouldn't rent his apartments to black people or Mexicans. He said black people attract vermin and Mexicans loiter.

RSS: Syndicate content