Class of 2003

RickyRubio9
RickyRubio9's picture
Class of 2003

I was just thinking about it one day in my class and I started to laugh to myself. Darko was the number 2 pick and a complete bust yet he was the first to get a ring on his finger. Only 3 of that class have a ring. Darko, Wade, and Perkins, but I just found it funny that Darko won a ring even though he didn't contribute to that already great team. I figure not many will comment on this, but still...OH and I was watching Classic today when they showed the Nets...man I wish my Rockets would've never traded RJ for Griffin. :( We'd have a dynasty. I think....

j1232e
pistons

the team would still be together with at least one ring if they had drafted carmelo instead of darkness darko! The allen Iverson fiasco would of never happend. and chancey billups and carmelo would still be dominating.IN detroit rather than denver

QHaynes123
Well i think because of

Well i think because of Darko...alot of euro are being questioned when they enter the Draft

Also, He still has a shot to be good...the issue is he will always be called a bust cuz of Melo and D-Wade

RickyRubio9
RickyRubio9's picture
haha.

Man dude. Detroit would've been the Bulls of the 2000's after the Lakers dominated the beginning. Any combination, Wade? Carmelo? Bosh? Heck...would've been scary. Billups, RIP, Prince, Wallace, and Wallace. Add in one of those dudes...wow. And yeah. I still think Darko can be a solid starter...how old is the dude anyways? and what were his stats in euro? that made him seem so great

j1232e
mistake

of drafting need, potential rather than dominance, greatness best player possible.

NYKnicksuperFan
you guys are all forgeting

that the Pisons during their glory years already had a great 6th man, a big Euro , not Darko, but MEHMET OKUR would that make that years pick no. 2 Wade/Carmelo/bosh the greatest 7th man of all time?

j1232e
memo

Was going to be a freeagent and they new they could not resign the money man that is why they drafted the darkness darko was to replace the money man mehmet okur!

butidonthavemoney
butidonthavemoney's picture
Memo

Yeah. It's a shame they lost Mims. They could try to get him back this season, as he's a free agent.

j1232e
memo

He has already said that utah is his second home and he will take 3-5 million less to have a long term contract.

butidonthavemoney
Mims

As a Jazz fan, I probably should have known that. +1

Remarq
I just think its funny that

I just think its funny that Dumars has basically gotten a free pass for blowing arguably the best draft in NBA history. What makes it funny is all these Pistons fans are saying 'oh boy I sure hope we can get Bosh, Wade, Melo etc. in free agency' without any mention of the fact that these guys would be on their team already if Dumars hadnt completely dropped the ball.

butidonthavemoney
Dumars

He is a legend in Detroit. It will take multiple screwups to tarnish his glowing reputation (He's no Isiah).

dwat4444
dwat4444's picture
could be a blessing

This trade may have been good for detroit. Remember that those teams were based on the principles of defense and selflessness. No one was a superstar for them. With wade, melo, or bosh they might not have had the same attitude. The fact that those players all worked together so well was what made them so great, not having great talent. Maybe they would be a MULTIPLE ring team or maybe detroit should be thanking Darko for being terrible.

c-dube
c-dube's picture
playing time

darko never got off the bench, he might have been a player had he been drafted by say toronto... he road pine because no rookie, let alone a euro rrookie, can play good defense... larry brown needed defense so darko could never get playing time.... i wonder if he was given 20 minutes no matter what his rookie year if he would ahve developed into say an 18 10 guy... he showed in stints he could rebound and blocks shots

draftnik
draftnik's picture
Darko

He never had a chance. Had my Pistons drafted Melo, Wade, or Bosh, Miami, Cleveland or Boston wouldn't have made it past the Pistons and I would have four or five champion t-shirts instead of one. Despite this screwup by Dumars, I still believe in him, unless he finds a way to screw this draft up (i.e. drafting Mullens from Ohio State or Daye from Gonzaga)

llperez
llperez's picture
dwat4444

To suggest that the Pistons might have been better off by drafting Darko over guys like Wade, Melo, or Bosh is ridiculous.

auber
auber's picture
You can't say that Pistons

You can't say that Pistons team would have stayed together f they drafted Melo. Brown wouldn't have played him much his rookie year. He's notorious for that.

RSS: Syndicate content