This topic contains 10 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar Hitster 7 years, 8 months ago.

• Author
    high floor
    Participant

Super happy for my guy from Lehigh. He’s on the rise and should be a great, home-grown building block to the Blazers for years to come. With the Blazer’s history of injuries with their star draft picks (i.e Bowie, Oden, Roy) picking Lillard and McCollum helps ease the sting as two foundational, high character players the Blazer’s can be proud to construct a roster around.

Congrats!!

sheltwon3
    Participant

I guess he didn’t want to take a risk because he could have made more money if he waited another year.

cavairo7
    Participant

Somewhere in North Carolina, John Wall is sobbing right now… 

OhCanada-
      Participant

I’m sure one of his smoking hot house keeperss can find time in their busy schedule to trot over to him and wipe his tears with a $100 bill if necessary.

machu46
    Participant

McCollum’s legit and money-wise, this deal is fine independently, but…

They’re building around a tiny backcourt that plays no defense.  And they now have roughly $90 million in salaries committed just to 4 guards going forwards.  It’s tough to see this team really being a title contender without eventually splitting these guys up.

steviechillz
      Participant

Four quality guards is a problem a playoff team would love to have…As we see pretty much every year, depth matters when it comes to championships

NBAjunkie81
    Participant

He is very unselfish & he is a perfect fit as the #2 behind Lillard……. It’s crazy to call a Guard who scores 20ppg….. but it’s a nice partnership

McCollum is actually FG% 45 & 42% from the 3 pt Arc

Whereas Lillard is the more high Volume shooter but his FG% is 42% & his 3pt FG% is 38%

The Trailblazers now have a 3 Guard rotation (Lillard, McCollum & Crabbe) Locked up for Years & all 3 players are Very close in Age (26, 25 & 24)…….. Portland did a Great Job transitioning from the Aldridge, Lillard, Batum Blazers …… to the Lillard, McCollum, Crabbe squad

Hoop Guru
      Participant

I see they resigned Harkless as well. WOW they are deep !

C Plumlee
      F Aminu
      F Harkless
      G McCollum
      G Lillard

6. G-F Crabbe
      7. F-C Leonard
      8. G-F Turner
      9. C Ezeli
      10. F-C Davis
      11. G Napier
      12. F Vonleh

Thoughts?

tblazer_NZ
        Participant

From all that has been said Turner will start. I’m sure he will be used similar to Nico Batum when he was there. Hope Turner can improve his shot from distance, everyone else has. Henderson, Aminu and Harmless I think

festar35festar35
    festar35
    Participant

Very smart from the Trailblazers! Congrats to CJ as well, him and Lillard are without a doubt my fave back-court duo.

I truly believe that despite Portland not really being a free agent hot-spot the fact that Lillard and McCollum are locked up along with the success of GSW top players will really start looking as it as a place to win due to the high-scoring back-court duo.

Hitster
    Participant

Very little reason for him to hold out for another year when he was offered $106 million over 4 years, take the money whilst you can. Great deal for him.

When you consider Kemba Walker got $48 over 4 years from 2015 onwards and McCollum had a very similar output to Kemba last year, the new deals have the guys laughing all the way to the bank.

I have no issue witgh a guy of McCollum’s upside getting that deal but with much lesser players not even regular starters getting deals equal to current all stars will the cap rise enough to take account of the mega deals the very top stars will take over the next few years or will the deals for lesser players fall back.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login