Charalampopoulos and Papagiannis Rated As Top 2 1997 Players In Europe

European Basket...
Charalampopoulos and Papagiannis Rated As Top 2 1997 Players In Europe

According to inside information, the NBA scouts at the European Under-16 tournament in Turkey have rated Greek players Vasileios Charalampopoulos (6'9" SF) and Georgios Papagiannis (7'1" C) as the top 2 European players of their 1997 year age group.

NBA Draft posters: "But, but, but Greece has no talents".

Wahoo757
Wahoo757's picture
Shut the &$#%#&@! up. They're

Shut the &$#%#&@! up. They're 15 for crying out loud.

JunkYardDog
JunkYardDog's picture
EB has "inside

EB has "inside information"... better and better

ChriJoll
ChriJoll's picture
I see.. Will does your inside

I see.. Will does your inside information include the emergence of another basketball star who could unseat them?

http://nbadraft.net/forum/titus-fotopoulos

McDunkin
McDunkin's picture
But, but, but Greece has no

But, but, but Greece has no talents

Makaros
According to inside

According to inside information you're as pathetic as it gets...

Let me guess, they're currently better than every NBA player and one of them is kind of similar to Jordan???

pohani komarac
oficall for now is

oficall for now is this

1.Mazalin Croatia
2.La Torre Italy
3.Pappagianis Greece
4.Bender Croatia
5. Djedovic Bosnia and Herzegovina

http://www.eurohopes.com/rankings/1997

, but yeah bouth this guys are big prospects among top 1997. born

1997. born generation is probably strongest ever in euro history. lot of big prospects, unlike other generations that had 2-3 big prospects. togh still to early to judge, but that's my impresion

Imo, best prospect of tornamet is Milos Glisic 6'9 forward, 98. born kid who is dominating against year older kids

tortue
What about Gombauld ? He was

What about Gombauld ? He was the best player at U16 Turk Telekom tournament. I think he's as good as Mazalin and De La Torre, already efficient in French Third division !

pohani komarac
Yeah, we can expect some

Yeah, we can expect some changes there as for sure kids that manny kids didn't have international exposure. He is best player of tornamet so far no doubt. But that 97. rankings are uncomplete resonably, it will be more coplete after U-16 EC this summer

And my opinion is uncomplte to, but so far from what I saw so far 97. born generation is best in years. Tough still to early to tell, but that's my impresion

About Mazalin, I won't compere him to others since I'm subjective. But In comparison with Croatian prospects I can say that in my mind he has more upside then Saric and Hezonja. For sure at this moment he is more dominate they Saric or Hezonja was at this time. Recetly he dominated U-18 players at NIJT, plays great in 2nd Croatian division and few days ago debuted for Cibona senior team.

tiberius
I laughed when I saw it was

I laughed when I saw it was europeanballer who posted it.

pohani komarac
today 17:00 CET there should

today 17:00 CET there should be live stream from Serbia-Greace match
, finals of this tournament (free and legal). right now france-latvia

http://tbftv.erstream.com/default.htm

European Basket...
Here is the
seniokas
seniokas's picture
As a lithuanian I also have

As a lithuanian I also have to mention Martynas Varnas who's 6'4 or 6'5 point guard born in '97 and is killing it in Lithuania's youth leagues. Obviuosly, it youth level, but the level of competition is pretty high here as our youth NT results show. He and Tadas Sedekerskis who is 6'7 and born in '98 and plays literally every position for his team while dominating his and years older kids leagues are the best prospects in Lithuania and in the conversation of top prospects in Europe, I believe. Waiting for European u16 championship when we will be able to see all that talent in one event and compare them one to another.

pohani komarac
Thank God those 2 were

Thank God those 2 were selected to represent world at international Jordan Brand Classic, otherwise Jordan would also be rasistic

Here full list of 10 MVP's

mesurments without shoes

Vasileios Charalampopulos SF, 6'5 3/4 Greece....quite shorter then EB claims
Sergio Garcia G, 6'2 1/4 Spain
Stephane Gombauld PF, 6'8 France
Andrea Latorre SF, 6'6 Italy
Luc Loubaki G, 6'3 France
Lovro Mazalin SF, 6'7 3/4 Croatia
Stefan Nikolic SG, 6'6 Serbia
Georgios Papagiannis C, 7'0 Greece
Stefan Peno G, 6'4 Serbia
Joshua Steel SG, 6'3 3/4 England

picture and mesurments

http://www.jordanbrandclassic.com/images/docs/2013jbc-barcelona.pdf

https://twitter.com/JordanClassic/status/308292088469024771/photo/1

European Basket...
Funny, because this forum was

Funny, because this forum was telling me here for months that there is no way in hell either of these players can be in best in Europe in their age group and that I am a crazy liar.

McDunkin
McDunkin's picture
Stefan Peno > Greek prospects

Stefan Peno > Greek prospects

pohani komarac
To be honest Euroballer is in

To be honest Euroballer is in for another disapointment. I watched Charalampopulos and he does not look like NBA prospect to me. Still to early to tell as we have to wait to see how his body will develope, but at moment he does not look like NBA prospect. Very unathletic player. Tough very skilled and smart, more suited for Eurobasketball and has chance for Euroleague carer. On other hand Santiago Yusta (SF 6'6 Spain) who was not voted among 10 MVP's has much more chances to become NBA prospect. He has to work on his skills, but he alredy catches high alley up's and throws poster dunks. And once again he will call NBA racists againt Greeks and say they hype Yusta because he is Spainsh

Imo Georgios Papagiannis defenetly shows sings of NBA prospect

King Calucha
King Calucha's picture
"He has to work on his

"He has to work on his skills, but he alredy catches high alley up's and throws poster dunks"

This is not enough, at least for me. I'd take the smart unathletic player (to a certain extent) any day.

pohani komarac
me, to. but in those 2

me, to. but in those 2 comparison in termes of NBA potential I defenetly give edge to Yusta.....because Charalampopulos looks very slow and unathletic even for his age group kids, while Santiago is not that unskilld. He has lot room to impruve

Imo, like I said it's to early to tell, because this kids still groving day by day and non of them can't be called NBA prospects in true way.

Imo let's say my early projection based what I saw Charalampopulos is not future NBA player and overall he gives me even question marks about his EL potetial as well. He is also lot stronger then his age group kids and looks bit mature. I mean he is 6'5 3/4 (without shoes) and alredy 231lbs, while at that age kids usualy with that size are 180-190 lbs wich also questions how much him being lot stronger then his age group kids help him dominate competition.

Imo, it's just my early impresions, maybe it's only that his body needs catch up

European Basket...
As I already told you,

As I already told you, Panathinaikos team doctors said Charalampopoulos will be 6-9 and he will be a power forward.

The team already plays and uses him as a power forward. He will be something like 6-9 over 115 kilos 250-255 or more player. He will be a Kostas Kaimakoglou type player.

He is not a 6-7 small forward, and you should not be judging him on that. He already is playing as power forward in PAO practice, and as said, the doctors say he will grow to 6-9.

So he is not going to be a "fast" wing player. He is going to be a big power forward.

RSS: Syndicate content