Bulls @ Pacers
Even though the game was on ESPN, I was at the game and got to have a look up close. Thought I'd give my input.
- Donald Sloan, the Pacers 3rd string point guard, is better than last year's backup point guard DJ Augustine. He played very well tonight and closed the game over CJ Watson.
- The Pacers have a starting power forward backing up David West. Luis Scola was great tonight.
- Roy Hibbert will be DPOY. He had 5 blocks tonight. That's 21 blocks in just 5 games. He's not just a shot blocker either. He's a great defensive anchor.
- Paul George didn't shoot the ball that well and seemed to force a few, but his defense on Derrick Rose late in the game was great. Similar to the Heat putting LeBron James on Rose in the 4th quarters, I think the Pacers will do that with George.
- Rose looks like just another player out there. There's nothing wrong with his knee. He just seems to lack confidence it seems. He's not being aggressive. His timing seems off with himself and his teammates.
- The Bulls need to make a trade eventually. They don't have enough scoring. They're eventually going to get it together as a team, but this team doesn't have enough scoring to compete with great defensive teams. I think the decision to sign Mike Dunleavy Jr was a bad one. He's just not good really.
The Celtics will be in the running for worst record. So if the Bulls could somehow make a move to adequire Courtney Lee. He could be enough to tip the odds in their favor.
the bulls were a very competitive team last year that finished 5th in the east and advanced to the second round of the playoffs. They bring back basically the same team, but add the great mvp superstar derrick rose. They should do better this year right? If not, what does that say about rose? Still early, but im not a rose fan, so im just talking mess. But it really is alarming if he cant make the bulls a better team.
...and a few years back he brought his team to the eastern conference finals against the heat llperez. a step further then what they accomplished last year. (not to mention the best record in basketball that year)
im talking about right now. people still consider him elite and an mvp candidate. Heck kornheiser from pti said he would shoot over 43% from three and be the best he has ever been. I';ve seen numerous people rank him as the best pg in the league again and saying chris paul moves back to #2. Like I said though, im just talking mess. Its early. Im sure he will get it going.
Pacers have basically upgraded their entire bench. If someone gets in foul trouble or needs a breather then it is not a huge deal like last year. It seemed that there were a lot of times when the team would get absolutely nothing from their bench. They did all of this while keeping the core of the team together.
Chicago has a lot of issues. Cheap owner, low IQ superstar and stubborn coach are probably some of the biggest issues. They also have too many players that only play on one side of the floor. I think Deng has been ran into the ground and Noah is still not healthy, but that seems to be a consistent issue. Losing Nate and Bellineli was huge for them. I would not consider it a panic move if Chicago just blew the whole thing up. Their window may have closed and they need to figure out a way to keep Rose happy, but I am not sure how they do it with the current team and even though they have some nice assets I am not sure it lands them the player they need or that they are willing to pay long term.