This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar CodySLC 11 years, 6 months ago.

• Author
    druneave3
    Participant

As a Bulls fan I am excited about the Thibodeau extension and patiently waiting for 2014. That is when most people believe Boozer will be amnestied, Deng’s contract is up – you could let him walk or bring him back for less, and it is a great year for possible free agents. The Bulls will have Rose at 18 mil, Noah at 13, probably Taj at 10 or so (getting done before the end of the month per twitter @KCJHoop), Butler at 2 mil, and a lot of options to choose from. This year Rose said Hinrich was the first player he ever recruited. I hope he aims higher in 2014. 

– LeBron James – Wade will be a few years older and the accumulation of injuries could add up. LeBron might once again see greener pastures in Chicago and decide to bring his talents to the Windy City, realizing what myself and many others knew in 2010 that Chicago was the best place for him in terms of basketball, winning, and being on the best team. Although the Big 3 in Miami obvioulsy prove to be the better team, adding LeBron to an already near complete Bulls team would have been great also. I doubt this will happen but Rose should send more than a text to LeBron this time saying more than "I just want to win." 

– Besides LeBron there are many other Free Agents. Three guys I love that will possilby be available and think would help the Bulls win a championship are Derrick Favors, Paul George, and Terrence Ross. They would only be able to sign one guy as each guy will demand big deals most likely. There are also many other name on the free agent list that catch my eye: Klay Thompson, Marshon Brooks, Igodoula, Kobe, Will Barton, Rudy Gay, Kawhi Leonard, MKG, DeMarcus Cousins, KG, Gortat, Greg Monroe, Valanciunas…..OR, Anthony Davis could come back home! and some other quality players on this list as well. 

– My dream scenario: Rose comes back stronger than ever and is playing at an MVP level every night. Amnesty Boozer. Sign Taj Gibson. Bring back Deng for around 10 mil. Jimmy Butler develops his game, improves on his range, and is a very nice role player. Marcus Teague doesn’t suck as bad as I think he does. Bring over Nikola Mirotic and keeps shooting like he is capable(57%,43%91%) and is a solid NBA player. I wouldn’t be mad if he is the next Dirk Nowitzki either. Then the Bulls make 2 moves that put them over the top; move Noah (sign-and-trade, whatever) and get DeMarcus Cousins, then sign Paul George. I would aslo move that Charlotte pick and others to try to get Jamaal Franklin. I think Reinsdorf would pay the luxury tax for that. In the end the roster looks something like this………..

PG- Derrick Rose

SG- Paul George

SF- Loul Deng

PF- Taj Gibson

C- DeMarcus Cousins

Bench: Jamaal Franklin, Nikola Mirotic, Jimmy Butler,  Marcus Teague, Emeka Okafor, Kim English. Luke Ridnour

I know this is crazy and there are Team Options that will be picked up on a lot of younger guys, and my money is over the top, but I am just dreaming because this year I have to watch Vladimir Radmanovic, Nazr Mohamed and company finish 6th or 7th in the East. 

Siggy
    Participant

I’m not gonna speculate on any other moves,  I just want to see Boozer gone and Mirotic on the team.

J_01
    Participant

Majority of the free agents you named are on their rookie contracts and have team options. Pretty much all of those players will be retained by their respective teams especially high draft picks like AD and Jonas or players who had good rookie seasons like Kawahi and Klay.

Also what would make Sacramento agree to a trade where they get Noah and lose Cousins?

Most of your scenarios are very unrealistic and would only happen in a perfect world where everything goes right for the Bulls and the Bulls alone.

druneave3
      Participant

that’s what I said.

capecodder
    Participant

Please let him walk…..maybe he will end up with the Celtics as Pierce’s eventual replacement

CodySLC
    Participant

Your living in a dream world or maybe you have been playing association mode on 2k to much. Derrick Favors, Paul George, Klay Thompson, Kobe, Kawhi Leonard, MKG, DeMarcus Cousins, Greg Monroe, Valanciunas, Anthony Davis really? I want some of what your smoking. Like UNC_Raptors said, no matter how much money teams throw at them their teams will match, just like this year with Eric Gordon, Roy Hibbert etc.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login