This topic contains 15 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar Grandmama 11 years, 8 months ago.

• Author
    jjonz
    Participant

Do they have enough fire-power to make the playoffs.

-DRose/Half of the Bench-Mob.

+MTeague/MBelini/Nate Robinson

The owner thinks they will have a decent ball-club. I don’t know if decent is good enough to fight off two non-playoff teams that should be in the PO hunt this year(Nets & Wiz). Although, Atl took two steps back when they traded JJ. And Orl is rebuilding. So with a watered down East the Bulls could get the 6th-8th Seed. Plus Thibs has a great system, however next year should be a waste yeat for the Bulls, without DRose. But next summer should be interesting when they should amnesty Boozer and Deng has 1 yr left on his deal.

So i think Decent is 2 playoff games that will generate extra income for the Team. And an early 1st rnd exit.

Your thoughts gentlemen

NiceWithTheRock
    Participant

I think they’ll win games by their defense, but I feel they will be in the lottery (which isn’t all too terrible considering). They can get a nice pick for next year and go for a big time player in free agency.

Lebron’s Hairline
    Participant

They will make the playoffs as the 8th seed due to their defense, but they could also miss it and be in the lottery if Milwaukee and Washington figures out how to come together.

BothTeamsPlayedHard
    Participant

First, don’t mention Marquis Teague. If he has any meaningful contribution, treat it like Mike James stepping in and helping. He isn’t ready for the NBA, maybe the Bobcats, but not the NBA.

Second, the Bulls are a health scare. Kirk Hinrich and Richard Hamilton have been hurt for two years. Luol Deng has not addressed his wrist injury. Carlos Boozer, while playing every game last year, has an injury history and rarely stayed healthy for back-to-back years. Joakim Noah also has an injury history, and is coming off an severely sprained ankle. Derrick Rose is not expected back to miss the first 50 games (ASB-range) under the best of circumstances. You can look at the roster and think everything on paper is there to tread water until Rose returns, but everyone else in that starting lineup is a candidate to miss time as well. A nice bench makes for a lousy starting lineup, and with this state of health it is entirely possible that will be the case.

jjonz
    Participant

maybe a patch-work season will benefit the Bulls long-term by allowing them to get a 2nd Alpha to develop next to DRose. But their are 5 seeds that should be locked in(Bos,Mia,Ind,Ny,Bklyn), so that leaves @least 3 seeds up for grabs. I would be happy with either result. Mid-Low lottery pick or 6th-8th seed. Knowing that 2013 Offseason will be interesting.

ChriJoll
      Participant

The 76’ers should also be a lock for a top six seed leaving only the seventh and eighth for everyone else.

Participant

I could see the Bulls being the 7th or 8th seed depending on how things go this season. Tom Thidodeau will have them playing hard defense and if Deng doesn’t have surgery and plays out the whole year, they’ll be tough. The new added pieces Kirk Hinrich, Nate Robinson, Marco Bellinelli, Nazr Mohammed, and Marquis Teague is likely to be better offensively then the group they lost, but they aren’t as strong defensively as a group. It will be tough for Chicago, but I still expect to see them in the playoffs.

mj23mj23bestever
    Participant

i think the bulls can the 7 or 8 seed if i know big if the core group of kirk rip noah boozer and deng stay healthy until drose gets back noah deng and boozer are still one of the best frontcourts in all of basketball so imo in the weak east they stay healthy they make the play offs

Sewok15
    Participant

They are going to have a lot of trouble scoring. Boozer looked lost at points last season so that leaves Deng as their go to scorer. He was a nice complementary player when Rose was healthy but I don’t see him leading them anywhere. They will still be well coached and a stellar defensive squad but you still have to be able to score consistently to be a threat. I would be surprised if they finish over .500 and they could contend for a playoff spot but that is mostly because the East lacks depth.

Malik-Universal
    Participant

y should the bulls even try to make the playoffs??

there not gettin out the east this yr for obvious reasons…. get a lottery pick and re up for 2014 and dont risk any further injuries….. 

SubZero
    Participant

1. Heat

2. Pacers

3. Celtics

4. Sixers

5. Nets

6. Knicks

7. Hawks

8. Bulls

I think the Pistons could make a push at the 8th spot. It depends on how big of a step up Knight and Monroe will take, and how the rookies Drummond, Middleton, and English play

kngojc
      Participant

I think as long as Knight doesn’t have a sophomore year slump and Monroe stays consistent, even without Drummond playing well, they could have the best shot at that 8th spot. I want to say they will get it but they’re very inconsistent at times and still so young.

Malik-Universal
    Participant

^so we can get roasted by mia??? lol

i hope we get into the lottery and add more pieces….

SubZero
    Participant

Lol lottery is better than the 8th seed in most cases. Philly got lucky this past year that Rose got hurt

kobyz
    Participant

i have them finishing as the 5 seed, they still have the amazing defense, Lual Deng a high caliber player, some good role players and they brought in Little Nate to take some of the offensive load until Rose come back.

Grandmama
    Participant

I think they’ll make the playoffs, probably no better than a 6 seed.  Thibadeu is an amazing coach and has his guys play high level defense.  Without Rose they will struggle to find consistent offense, but their lineup is solid enough for them to make the post-season.  It sounds like Rose will be back before the end of the season, so he may be able give them a little boost at the end of the year if needed.

Lineup:  Hinrich/Rip/Deng/Boozer/Noah

Bench:  N.Robinson/Belinelli/J.Butler/Gibson/Mohammed

With Thibadeu at the helm, that’s a solid enough roster to compete until Rose is back.  They’ll make the playoffs.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login