Break Out all stars for 2013-14 Year

mikohoward
mikohoward's picture
Break Out all stars for 2013-14 Year

Each year theres a couple players that sneak in the Allstar Game for the very 1st time. Who do you think/would want
To see make the Allstar Game for the 1st time.

For me Its Demarcus Cousins. Dude averaged 18pts 10 rebs last year. Which is better them most Centers Any way. Hes One of the top the top 3 centers out west. I would really only take Dwight Howard over Cousins and You got To Give Duncan his respect but I would take Him Over both Gasols,Bogut, or Nikola Peković. People Just dont know or forget How Talented this guy is or how Dominate he can be. This guy avg 18 and 10 last year for a Center. Arguably you could have left one of the many Power forwards David Lee or Zack randolph off the list. When someone has put up the Numbers and has the talent to leav them off for whatever reason. Im pretty sure this guy can avg 20 and 11 and still get left off next year

headcase
headcase's picture
Why not?

If Brandon Jennings has a prominent season then maybe he'll be a backup point in the allstar game, it's a longshot but maybe it can happen. He has better assist averages than his previous years and if he can drain over 40% he has a shot.

mikohoward
mikohoward's picture
I like Brandon jennings. And

I like Brandon jennings. And woldnt mind seeing him go to the allstar game. But then he has Deron Williams, Kyrie Irving and Derrick Rose that are just flat out better then Jennings. And then toss in Wall hes gonna have alot of competition but i think it all comes down to how well his team playing and how efficient he is.

cap777
most likely candidates

In my opinion the most likely first timers from each conference are, in no particular order.

West
-Stephen Curry
-Serge Ibaka
-Mike Conley
-Damian Lillard

East
-Jeff Teague
-Kemba Walker
-Al Jefferson

XYRYX
XYRYX's picture
I would love to see Rubio

I would love to see Rubio having an All Star type of season but I doubt he can make it over Wesbrook, Paul and Parker.

I think Hibbert should really make a step forward offensively and he only played 28 mins last year. When healthy he could be in over Lopez who should get less shots with the Celtics vets on the team.

My darkhorse is Mike Conley. He really impressed me in the playoffs and should have an even bigger role next year. His defense is incredible underrated to me but that's not an argument for an All Star spot normally.

I would be surprised if Wall ISN'T an All Star next year.

Hale
Hale's picture
John Wall will have an

John Wall will have an excellent season continuing on/improving on what he did last year when he recovered from injury.

Memphis Madness
I think the Thunder NEED an

I think the Thunder NEED an all-star season from Serge Ibaka.

My sleeper pick is Anthony Davis. Good all-around skills. The Pelicans could be in the playoff race. If so, I
can see Davis getting all-star consideration. Not sold on David Lee or Z Bo being all stars next year.

anthony_DavIS23
anthony_DavIS23's picture
I was was about to say the

I was was about to say the same thing about the brow

anthony_DavIS23
anthony_DavIS23's picture
I was about to say the same

I was about to say the same thing about the brow

TarHeelRaven
TarHeelRaven's picture
I definitely agree with Y2G

I definitely agree with Y2G that Wall will have a breakout season next year if he can stay healthy. Hopefully he has worked tirelessly on that mid-range J over the summer because that is what is really holding him back from being an upper-tier PG. I'm looking for his back-court mate Bradley Beal to really step his game up this season. With a healthy Wall, Beal will get plenty of wide-open looks from the outside. He has been touted as a knock-down shooter since college, but his percentages haven't reflected that as of yet. His stroke is too good for him not to become one of the top shooters in the league.

WITNESS2014
WITNESS2014's picture
John Wall.

John Wall will only be better than what he was last year. His jumper gets more and more convincing. I see Kyrie, D-Rose, and Wall being the pgs for the East.

Memphis Madness
Paul George should be

Paul George should be there.

The Pistons should get someone in. Monroe, Josh Smith, or Brandon Jennings. Would be a first for each.

Smart money on Paul George and Josh Smith.

Wall and Steph Curry should be there. I would be shocked if they aren't.

Chandler Parsons as another sleeper pick. I could see the Rockets getting 3 all stars. Jeremy Lin would be
my other sleeper pick from the Rockets.

Greg Oden? I can imagine a world where he puts up 12 points, 11 boards, and 2.5 blocks next year on a 70 win Heat team.
Seriously they have scoring from the wing, guys in the post, shooters, and defensive threats such as LeBron, Battier, Wade, Birdman,
and Oden. Oden wouldn't be my top pick for East centers. That would be Brook Lopez, Noah, and Roy Hibbert, but I can see Oden right behind
those guys. Then again, Big Al Jefferson could make his first all star team with a good year in Atlanta.

WITNESS2014
WITNESS2014's picture
Paul George was already an

Paul George was already an all star last year. Al Jefferson isn't with Atlanta, he is with Charotte.

Snubs15
Snubs15's picture
If the Raptors can play well

If the Raptors can play well in the first half of the season I think one of their starters can get their first nod...
Maybe Gay, Derozan, or even Valanciunas if he continues his summer league dominance.

TheTruth86
Steph Curry - 100% iin the

Steph Curry - 100% iin the West. David Lee and Z-Bo probably out.
East - I see Roy Hibbert taking Brook Lopez' place.

TheTruth86
Al Jefferson must be a 22/11

Al Jefferson must be a 22/11 player to be considered all-star plus Bobcats must NOT be a 7-33 team in the middle of the season.
Detroit - if they are a playoff team I see Monroe or Smith with an all star opportunity.
Nik Vucevic - I'm verry high on him but if Orlando are bottom-ranked team I wouldn't vote for him whatever numbers he put up.
I like Jeff Teague and Brandon Jennings - both of them can make a breakout season but with D-Rose and D-Will on the Eastern All Star roster plus Rondo if healthy it's not likely one of them makes it. Kyrie was all-star last season so if healthy he should be there and finally John Wall - another stud with health issues,like many other fans I expect him to play full season and show what he's capable of.

headcase
headcase's picture
Maybe

Vucevich if he has a more polished scoring game? I'd vote for him.

RSS: Syndicate content