Bold Prediction: The Number 1 Overall Pick In The 2015 NBA Draft Will Be.......

princejames
princejames's picture

Emmanuel Mudiay

Emmanuel Mudiay is an extremely impressive point guard prospect who has a skill set, athletic abilities, and talent level that can be compared to a mix between Tyreke Evans and Derrick Rose. He is easily the most talented high school prospect within the very overrated 2014 high school class and in my opinion should be the number 1 rated nba draft prospect in the 2015 nba draft. You just don't see a lot of point guards in the NBA that possess great size, great athleticism ,savvy, creativity, great ball-handling skills, talented scoring skills, great finishing around the rim skills, great defensive upside, and dynamic passing ability.Tools, skills, and abilities that potentially can turn Emmanuel Mudiay into an elite level basketball player and/or a face of the franchise type of player. I've been watching Emmanuel Mudiay play for the last 3 years and each year he has grown into a better and more skilled basketball player that shows the potential to easily develop into a great basketball player. Compared to the players that will potentially be part of the 2015 NBA Draft, it's obvious that Emmanuel Mudiay has the highest foundation of talent, dynamic skills, and great physical ability

NBA Comparisons:
Best Case Scenario: Derrick Rose / Tyreke Evans
Realistic Comparison: Jrue Holliday / Tony Wroten

Mini Scouting Report
Strengths
1. He's a talented ball-handler and slasher who combines the utilization of strength, speed, agility and quickness with advanced dribble moves ( example: change of speed dribble, hesitation dribble, head & shoulder fake dribble, etc ). That helps him create space with ease and get to the needed areas on the court that helps him be a dynamic playmaker. He also has the ability to find, create, and utilize the needed driving angles that helps him be a great penetrator who can basically drive and get to the basket at will
2. He has the strength, athleticism, and body control that allows him to be a special and creative finisher around the rim
3. He's a tremendous, special, and great passer, who has no problem consistently finding the open man. He also makes passes to players when they are in position to effectively create a high percentage scoring opportunity for themselves
4. He shows the potential to develop dynamic and high level post-up skills
5 And he shows the potential to develop excellent instincts and decision making skills with-in pick and roll situations

The young man simply has a lot potential, upside, talent, and skills. And I predict that Emmanuel Mudiay will be the first overall pick in the 2015 NBA Draft

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VW9QnBjAIHc

Chewy
Chewy's picture
Historically

the top pick goes to size over skill. With Okafor, Turner, Towns and Alexander all looking like one and dones, I just don't see him being the top pick.

princejames
princejames's picture
A GM Should Get Fired For ......

A GM Should Get Fired For picking size over skill. Allen Iverson was a 6'0 point guard who was Picked first over a 7'0 Marcus Camby in the 1996 NBA Draft. Because it was obvious that Allen Iverson possessed great talent and great skills. NBA GM's will never again make the mistake of picking Sam Bowie over Micheal Jordan. I love players who have a high skill level and a high basketball understanding. There are a lot of average basketball players who are in the NBA because of their great size, but are not consistently impactful because of their lack of a great skill set

Wetalkinboutpractice
Wetalkinboutpractice's picture
But we have already seen déjà vu with this...

See 2007:

1. Greg Oden

2. Kevin Durant

LitteringAnd...
While I agree, I'd also say

While I agree, I'd also say that a year at college exposes the flaws in big men (particulary under-developed offense games) more than it does the little guys. Mundiay has the tools to be a very impressive college player while I can see guys like Turner and Towns being found out a bit.

Okafor is another kettle of fish though, advanced post game could see him dominate colege with his size (if he gets enough touches) and it could come down to wether the team picking first values a low-post producer in the Al Jefferson mode or want to go with that Tyreke/Wall type potential in Mundiay. Obviously way off yet but still fun to think about.

Moon River
Moon River's picture
Mudiay

Chad Ford mentioned today in his chat that the scouts also LOVE the fact that he is going to SMU to play for Larry Brown. Great prospect.

jwall1
I think Mudiay is in the

I think Mudiay is in the running to go #1, but I think it will more likely be Alexander or Turner simply because of size. The pg position is the deepest position in the NBA, but if he really impresses this year he could still go #1

bozman11
Good prediction Mel Kiper

Good prediction Mel Kiper

BallinAIstyle
BallinAIstyle's picture
Worst Case Jrue Holiday/Tony

Worst Case Jrue Holiday/Tony Wroten? One an all star..another a player only managing 20min a game on the worst team in the nba or second worst however u wanna slice it..just seems a little lopsided as an apparent "worst case"..and im a sixers fan by the way..love wrotens upside but to use him as a worst case scenario seems ignorant

GlenTaylorSucks
BOLD prediction

Jabari Parker

Lol just kidding...kind of...I'm on the fence about it

SteezGawd
SteezGawd's picture
BOLD?

Jabari Parker.

MrManalo43
MrManalo43's picture
*sees post*

*slow clap*

+1

SteezGawd
SteezGawd's picture
Bold because...

It's bold because I have him coming back. Jabari Parker gentlemen let's face it he's coming back. Yes it will hurt the draft class at the top but so what. He has a chance to play at the 3 position next year for Coach K who let's not forget coaches the USA team. If he comes back he'll definitely be the favorite to be #1 overall and he gets his shot at a national title. For my money it's almost a no brainer that he's coming back and everyone knows. If they didn't fall to Mercer I would say he's leaving but to somebody who has won a championship in High School 4 years straight that lost had to hurt.

strobox88
Parker sat down with ESPN's

Parker sat down with ESPN's Jay Williams to discuss where he would see himself in the NBA sometime this season, and he mentioned something about playing the 4 in the NBA due to the standards of size not being much of a factor anymore in the front court. Looks like to me he plans to be a Lebron/Melo type in that they are natural 3's but have much success at the 4 in today's NBA. With that said, if he plans to be a 4 in the NBA, he should be playing the 4 in college at least.

Scott42444
I don't know IF it will

I don't know IF it will happen, but 2015 has a chance to be one of the BEST big man drafts of all-time. Although there is quite a logjam at Kentucky with about 4 NBA C/PF prospects and that might prevent a couple of them from entering the draft, there is a chance at 5+ starting NBA centers (and a couple of all-stars at the C/PF position, however the NBA chooses to classify them for the all-star game) in the lottery.

Also, when was the last time a potential #1 pick, like Jabari Parker, has come back for his sophomore season and remained the #1 pick the following draft? Also, he might not be the highest pick from Duke, because I think Okafor offers a very unique (in today's NBA) package that GM's won't be able to find anywhere else. I personally think he should be the #1 pick this year and has the chance to be a HOF player. But, as many people have posted, the C/PF prospects seem to be favored by NBA GM's over the wing prospects.

The same opinion goes to the OP's point that Mudiay will be the #1 pick. I went to the United Center for the McDonald's All-American Game and Mudiay was the most impressive guy there. He will go to SMU and recieve NBA HOF coaching and will probably be a force to be reckoned with until 2030 in the NBA. But...

I think that Cliff Alexander will be the #1 pick. I think he has a chance to be unstoppable in the post and Kansas has a habit of getting NBA GM's all hot and bothered by their prospects. A perfect example will be the upcoming 2014 NBA Draft, which (assuming Parker stays at Duke, which I think he will too) will most likely see the #1 and #2 picks coming out of Bill Self's program.

Windy City Assassin
Going out on a limb I'm

Going out on a limb I'm rolling with Chris Walker. With Young gone he has a chance to show scouts that he is not just a run & jump athlete and that he can play on the block. My theory here is that if Noel can be considered a #1 last year, with his thin frame as a future franchise player why can't Walker?

Keep in mind those 5min per game flashes were just a sneak peak to what is to come this Fall.

imAboutDatAction
imAboutDatAction's picture
Noel is a better all round

Noel is a better all round defender than Walker and his draft class was one of the weakest in recent memory.

cha
cha's picture
Mudiay

You forgot to add in his weakness which for me are his biggest challenges going forward and getting picked #1.

1) Shows little polish on the offensive end for both the backcourt positions. He can't manage a team right now and tries to make the flashy play instead of the simple and correct one. He also isn't going to be mistaken for a high level scorer right now because of his inability to pull up from the mid range.

2) His shot mechanics-while showing promise, needs repitition.

3) Turnover prone; due to bad decision making and lack of polish on PG skills

4) While sporting an outstanding frame; he needs to gain more strength in order to take on NBA Bigs on regular basis for 82 games.

5) Post game is still a work in progress.

6) Needs to be more vocal as a leader

I like Mudiay; I really think he is the best prospect on the 2015 draft but NBA GMs value size which is why it is absolutely important for Emmanuel to keep improving under the tutelage of Larry Brown to even stand a chance against the likes of Myles, Okafor, Towns and Cliff.

strobox88
Stanley Johnson is still my

Stanley Johnson is still my guy as of right now for #1 in 2015. I could very well be the only person to think he's the total package, but his physical maturity alone will set him apart from a lot of the other young studs in his class.

RSS: Syndicate content