Bold Predicitions for 2010-11 season

Demarcus Oneal
Demarcus Oneal's picture
Bold Predicitions for 2010-11 season

Most of these predictions will probably not come to fruition or are not very realistic or logical but these are my bold predictions from next year so feel free to post your predictions

1. Kobe Bryant will win MVP will a full summer of rest and win his 6th title over Miami's big three proving he is in the discussion for G.O.A.T and the best Laker ever

2.Both the Cleveland Cavaliers and Toronto Raptors will make the playoffs, now the chances for this to happen are slim to none and they will probably be bottom feeders when the season begins but I just cant see a team that won 66 games lost their best player and suddenly be the worst team in the league they wont will more then 45 games next year if their lucky but i think that they will be contenders especially since the last couple spots in the East are always up for grap and unlike the West which is stacked from top to bottom also the Raptors are my hometown team and I saw them struggle when Bosh was out but I think the new young core we have and some new additions plus Andrea will make a leap into All Star level season

3. Miami will not make it to the 2010-11 NBA finals now many people would say this is crazy but when the Celtics beat the Cavs last year and the Magic we thought the same thing. I don't think that Heat have a better team overall then the Magic. A key team in this is chemistry both the aformentioned teams have been together for a long period of time and who knows how the Heat will gel together.

4. Reggie Bullock is really underrated and will average 16 ppg, now many wiill point to the fact the Bullock isnt that good and will be hard pressed to find playing time however he has great size at 6-7 and great shooter he will work his way to get significant playing time and if he starts attacking the rim more with some force he will be a lottery player in 2012

5. Quincy Miller will be the top player from the 2011 class by the time they are in the NBA he has crazy skills for his size and prevents a mismatch for every player he is too tall and skilled for smaller players and for bigger players he drives past them and finishes at the paint. He still has to add a few pounds on his skinny frame and work on his shooting release but at 6-9 with point guard handles a good jump shot and freakish athleticism he ceiling is Kevin Durant especially he makes the full time switch to sf

6. If Blake Griffin is healthy the Clippers will make the playoffs, the Clippers have a great core with Baron Davis Eric Gordon, Kaman, Griffin , Mr. Potential Deandre Jordan and a backup guard in Randy Foye. However the West is really tough and nothing is guarenteed.

7. Greg Oden will stay healthy for a full season now this is a tough one since he has never managed to stay healthy for a whole year and is starting to look like Sam Bowie for the Blazers but i think he can only have so much bad luck and if healthy i think Portalnd is a legitimate top 3-4 team in the West

8. Demarcus Cousins will be the rookie of the year, I feel that he is the most talented player in this year's draft. Now if you look past John Wall's freaskish speed and athleticism you see he is just a young point guard learning the ropes but Cousins is a dominant player so dominant that in summer league where not much defense was played he was doubled on his first touch and he showed a great ability to pass out of them. There a few rookie big men so talented in past years that they warrant double teams in their first season. He has good size he needs to lose some pounds has a very soft touch, knows how to play the game , Is very agressive and has passion that is confused with being a knucklehead he has what Shaq never developed a faceup jump shot but will never be as dominant in the post as Shaq was and as athlethic as Shaq in his early days

9. Kevin Durant and the Thunder will dissapoint this year, they will still make the playoffs but they are being crazy overrated by everyone they made huge improvements from 23-50 but they were only a eight seed last year what makes them suddenly be the 2nd best team in the West they are good but havent done enough for me to put them that high. Most people are saying there are this good off 2.95 good games agaisnt the Lakers but that shows they have promise but I doubt the Mavs, Blazers Nuggets, Jazz and Rockets will let the Thunder suprise them as they did last year and they will have a much bigger target on their back

10. I think the move to Miami will eventually work to Lebron's favour once people get past what he did, the way I eventually did they will see that even though he may no longer be compared to MJ he never asked to be. He just wants to win and took the best option he could to do that now he might have angered alot of people but you can't please everyone and he has made the NBA season more exciting then ever before in recent history love him or hate him.

RUDEBOY_
RUDEBOY_'s picture
1.John Wall might be the best

1.John Wall might be the best point guard to enter the league since Jason Kidd..He might average 20 points a game..

2.Miami will be interesting watching the Heat go thru a record breaking season..
...remember Lebron took a team to the Finals and Cleveland might've had 1 of the worst starting lineups to ever reach the Finals..
Just imagine what he's going to do with 2 other superstars..
but i think they do need a veteran coach to whip them in shape..

TaylorCondrin
TaylorCondrin's picture
1) The Bobcats will be the

1) The Bobcats will be the worst team in the NBA (their starting lineup has DJ Augustin, Tyrus Thomas, and Erick Dampier in it)
2) The Pacers will be the 8 seed in the East

DMV_LeGenD
DMV_LeGenD's picture
What I think about your predictions.

This is what I think about your predictions.

1. My favorite to win MVP is Kevin Durant, but I think Kobe has a leginimate shot to win MVP. He is second on my favorite's list to win MVP behind KD. The offseason rest will help out a lot and he will be fully ready when the season starts. His biggest rival from the past few seasons(LeBron James), has damaged his MVP chances by going to the Miami Heat, who have a lot of talent. Many people are ready to crown the Heat champions already but I think Kobe will prove his doubters wrong and will win his 6th ring.

2. I disagree with you on this one. I think that the Raptors and Cavs will both do bad. The Cavs lost their best player in LeBron James. The whole offense ran through him. He had the ball each possesion and was calling the shots. And since they've lost LeBron, they haven't made any major moves that still makes them a playoff contender without LeBron. I think the Raptors will have the worst record in the league this season. Last year, the Rpators played no defense. According to John Hollinger of ESPN, the Raptors were the only team to give up an average of more than 110 points per 100 possessions. That's terrible. Now with Bosh gone and Hedo Turkoglu traded away to Phoenix (say what you will, but he averaged nearly 20-5-5 two seasons ago), the Raps will rely on Jose Calderon, DeMar DeRozan, Leandro Barbosa, and Andrea Bargnani as their main scoring threats. That lineup isn't inspiring. Thaey have some young talent, but I think they'll be awful this year.

3. I'm not going to be surprised if Miami doesn't make it to the Finals, but I think they will. Even though those players just started playing together and they might not have much chemistry yet, they are a super team. This big 3 isn't like Boston's big 3. People say in Boston's big 3, they each had there own roles and will be better than the Heat's big 3, but I don't think so. Some people say Dwyane Wade is on the same level as LeBron James, and Chris Bosh is arguably the best PF in the NBA. That big 3 will over take the Heats lack of a supporting cast and I think that they will make the Finals.

4. Bullock won't average 16 ppg in his freshman season. North Carolina already has so may scoring options and he will not score 16 ppg or get so much playing time in his freshman season. When he starts getting in the rotation more, I think he will be a lottery pick when he declares, probably in 2012 or 2013.

5. I agree. My comparison for him is Kevin Durant. He's perimeter oriented, is a good ball-handler for his size, and is a great athlete. He still needs needs to get stronger and needs to get a consistent jump shot, but that will all come as he gets older. In the end, I think he will be the best player from the class of 2011.

6. The Clippers have a good roster, but haven't been able to make the playoffs. But I think that Blake Griffin will put them over the top. He's second on my favorite's list to win ROY, and I think he will have a great season. So I agree.

7. Oden has only played 82 games in 3 seasons. The Blazers never expected that when they drafted him. The real shame is that when he is healthy, he shows flashes of becoming a great Center that people thought he would become. The (injury) buck stops here for Oden. While the Blazers have the Bowie curse, they certainly don't have the "all your players get injured" Clippers Curse. From all reports, Oden's a great guy off the court (despite the "private" pictures of him that went viral) and doesn't deserve the type of injury misfortune he's gone through. This season, fate will end up siding with him for a change, and he'll finally reinsert himself in the conversation of the NBA's best young rising stars. So I agree.

8. My favorite wo win ROY is John Wall. Maybe I'm biased because I'm a Wizards fan, but Wall has a bunch of options to pass to. He has Blatche, McGee, Thornton, Howard, Gilbert Arenas, and some other role players. With all of those guys, his assists numbers should be high. He's also a good scorer. He gets to the free-throw line at a high rate, and he's super quick and can blow by defenders. I think he wins ROY if he and Gil can co-exists. If they can't the ROY is up for grabs. Blake Griffin is second on my list to win ROY, and the it's Demarcus. I just don't think he's mature enough. He's only a rookie and it'll take time for him to become more mature and truly dominate, so I disagree.

9. I disagree. Durant and the Thunder will not dissapoint. Durant is my favorite to win MVP, and the Thunder solved their problem at center. Center was their weakest postion last year and they fixed that by drafting Cole Aldrich. Aldrich was one of the most NBA ready prospects in the 2010 NBA draft and will contribute immediately. Yes, they were and 8 seed, but the West is so tough. If they were in the East, they would have been much higher in the standings. And now with Cole Aldrich and some more young players that developed over the summer, I think they will climb up the standings this season.

10. I agree. LeBron not MJ, and will never be MJ, but LeBron made a decision based on winning and people need to respect him for that.

sacphil_08
1. Even with a summer of rest

1. Even with a summer of rest i dont think kobe will win the MVP. He might be better off than he was last year as far as how his body feels when the season is winding down, but i dont think he'll win the MVP. Hes still capable of dominating the playoffs but i dont see him in the MVP discussion any more
2.The cavs could make the playoffs since the low end of the eastern conference is really low. They have enough scoring to get somewhere and they have a good coach in byron scott so its possible. Theres no way toronto makes it. They are rebuilding. They arent even as good as they were last year and they missed the playoffs last year
3. I agree with you on the heat not making it to the finals. I feel the same as you in that the chemistry of boston and orlando will prevail over miami when its all said and done
4-5. I dont follow high school or college as much so im not fully aware of those two guys
6. I dont know if thats true just because of how many teams can make the playoffs in the west. Will the clippers have a better record than LA, utah, dallas, portland, okc, san antonio, houston or denver? Highly doubtful. Also, everyone is banking on blake griffin being a stud out the gates. Its possible but youre giving him credit for things he hasnt done yet
7.Greg oden. I can say that if he gets injured this year that i will officially label him a bust. I've been holding off but after this year im making it official. If he stays healthy however, he could serve as a very valuable player to portland as a defensive presence. I still think the catalyst portland to reach its true potential is lamarcus aldridge but yes they can definitely be a top seed (IF the whole team can stay healthy)
8. It would be wonderful if demarcus wins ROY (im a kings fan) but itll be extremely difficult because of the simple fact that blake griffin and john wall are going to be the 'people's favorites' so he'll have to really outperform those guys in order to win it
9.I have never been high on okc like everyone else. Theyll be great probably a middle of the pack seed but how much better can they get with that nucleus. Yes they are young but what more can you ask from them. Westbrook was like 16 and 6-8 and durant led the league in scoring. They were a great defensive unit. What other improvements will their be? If they were to keep this nucleus of players i think theyd be how utah has been in recent years. Have a great regular season, win maybe one series in the playoffs and then lose to the better team every year (LA, dallas)
10.Lebron will always have his naysayers. I didnt like the move as much as everyone else didnt. I will continue to not respect him because he tried building a Lebron Empire of Basketball only to succumb to the hardships involved with being the main contributor of a championship contending team. I think byron scott wouldve been a great coach for lebron but hey we'll see how things work out. I dont envision them getting a championship especially with the lack of size they have up front.

Mr.Knick 32
Mr.Knick 32's picture
3. Miami will not make it to

3. Miami will not make it to the 2010-11 NBA finals now many people would say this is crazy but when the Celtics beat the Cavs last year and the Magic we thought the same thing. I don't think that Heat have a better team overall then the Magic. A key team in this is chemistry both the aformentioned teams have been together for a long period of time and who knows how the Heat will gel together.

Stop.

JoeWolf1
JoeWolf1's picture
I agree Mr.Knick32. I think

I agree Mr.Knick32. I think they'll get knocked off by a more balanced team, built for the playoffs. Orlando, Boston, or even Chicago

Mr.Knick 32
Mr.Knick 32's picture
I don't. We have NEVER seen

I don't.

We have NEVER seen this before so how are we predicting they lose to

Orlando ( Are we forgetting the Boston series?)

Chicago ( Alright but LeBron ripped them by himself last season)

Boston ( OLD and cannot run.)

Demarcus Oneal
Demarcus Oneal's picture
Exactly we have never seen

Exactly we have never seen this before so how will we know how they will play once they add more pieces then ill be able to crown then the best in the east. Also Id rather go with what i know then what i dont know I know what the Magic, Celtics will do i dont know what the new look Heat will

llperez
llperez's picture
my analysis of your

my analysis of your predictions:

1-agreed. I think kobe wins mvp. He was the hands down leader for the award the first 6 weeks of the season last year before the finger injury then it was all down hill. But now he will be rested.

2-DIsagree. I do not think eihter toronto or cleavland have much chance to make the playoffs.

3-i do predict miami to make the finals, however it is far from a gaurantee.

4-dont know who he is.

5-haven't seen him play.

6-disagree. They are in the discussion for sure. But have you seen the west? I have 11 teams ahead of the clippers and thats assuming griffin is a healthy rookie of the year candidate.

7-if i had to bet money, i would predict oden does not play more then 70 games next year, so i guess that means we disagree.

8-disagree. I have cousins third behind both wall and blake griffin. Thekings have some solid bigs with landry, dalembert and thompson so i dont think cousins even gets 30 minutes a game as a rookie.

9-agree, if you could call making the playoffs in the west a dissapoint. But i think people are going a little overboard with them.

10-I disagree. I do think he should have left cleavland. I think that was smart. But not to join wade. Joining wade means anything less then like 4 titles and they wont get the crazy type of credit other stars have gotten. He will always have playing with an another mvp caliber wing held against him. I thought NY, NJ, Chi would have all been better choices.

butidonthavemoney
butidonthavemoney's picture
Bold Predictions

Cleveland will make the playoffs.

Blake Griffin will dunk on a lot of people, but his dunk on Nene will be horrible. Just horrible.

The Rockets and the Lakers sweep the Heat in the regular season. The Hawks come close, but lose at home after a miracle shot from Dwyane Wade.

Oklahoma City overwhelms opponents with their defense, but their offense will suffer at times from relying too much on Kevin Durant.

Darren Collison will struggle against bigger point guards.

Hasheem Thabeet won't get a significant spike in minutes. {SHOCKER}

San Antonio and Boston will show signs of aging, but remain competitive for a title.

New York and New Jersey will finish with the same record.

Detroit will suck.

Mr.Knick 32
Mr.Knick 32's picture
I don't think any team in the

I don't think any team in the East could come close to being Miami next season.

gainsey15
gainsey15's picture
The Bucks have a better

The Bucks have a better record then the Hawks

OhCanada-
OhCanada-'s picture
People wanna see the Raptors

People wanna see the Raptors fail. It wont just happen like that. Despite the critics we have one of the best Head Coaches in the world in Jay Triano, one of the best Assistant Coaches in the world in P.J. Carlisimo, a good GM who is willing to gamble to improve his team in Bryan Collengelo, good assistant GM, Dircetor of Basketball personel, scouting system, ownership system, fanbase and a solid young roster.

The Raps still have a 14 Million Dollar Trade Exception and Jose Calderon to deal. They also have about 13 Million Dollars in expiring contracts.

To say they will make the 7th or 8th spot in the East is not at all a shocker. To say they will be last is like someone saying Milwaukee will be first. I see the Raps getting winning 28 to 35 wins with their current roster, but there are still trades to be made. Had we got Diaw and Chandler Toronto instantly looks like a 41 win team.

Mr.Knick 32
Mr.Knick 32's picture

People wanna see the Raptors fail. It wont just happen like that. Despite the critics we have one of the best Head Coaches in the world in Jay Triano, one of the best Assistant Coaches in the world in P.J. Carlisimo, a good GM who is willing to gamble to improve his team in Bryan Collengelo, good assistant GM, Dircetor of Basketball personel, scouting system, ownership system, fanbase and a solid young roster.

The Raps still have a 14 Million Dollar Trade Exception and Jose Calderon to deal. They also have about 13 Million Dollars in expiring contracts.

To say they will make the 7th or 8th spot in the East is not at all a shocker. To say they will be last is like someone saying Milwaukee will be first. I see the Raps getting winning 28 to 35 wins with their current roster, but there are still trades to be made. Had we got Diaw and Chandler Toronto instantly looks like a 41 win team.

SIGH....The Raptors will still lose 50 games next season. Is this not biased writing Ohcanada?

Mr.Knick 32
Mr.Knick 32's picture

Another thing....NOONE wants Jose Calderon. He's 29 making 9 mil for 3 years. Noone wants him.

SubZero
SubZero's picture
Yall sayin we're overrating

Yall sayin we're overrating the Thunder, we're overrating the Heat is who it is. 73 wins isn't that easy...they're not gonna play perfect every game, plus they need time to gel together. The Magic have a legitimate chance at beating them and the Celtics surprise everyone in the playoffs every year, so who knows how the Celts will be in the playoffs

Mr.Knick 32
Mr.Knick 32's picture
Yall sayin we're overrating

Yall sayin we're overrating the Thunder, we're overrating the Heat is who it is. 73 wins isn't that easy...they're not gonna play perfect every game,

The Heat won't need to play perfect every game to win 73. Go watch the year the Bulls won 72, you will see they had 2nd half comebacks and 1 point games. With 3 of the top 15 players in the NBA, Miami could win 15 games.

Yes, OKC is getting overrated. They were the 8th seed last season, made no big moves and you expect me to believe there all of a sudden the 2nd best team in the West? Do we not remember Portland a couple years ago? Let's slow down.

butidonthavemoney
butidonthavemoney's picture
Why

Why would people want to see the Raptors fail?

Because we hate them so much?

I think damn near everybody (besides Raptor fans) is pretty much neutral on the Raptors. Correct me if I'm wrong.

People just don't think the Raptors will do well because they have no real direction and they have are gaping holes in every position. They could prove everybody wrong, but my bold prediction is that they will be one of the worst teams in the league. Even worse than Detroit, who will suck.

EDIT: Well, maybe not worse than Detroit...

dwat4444
dwat4444's picture
OKC, if you remember finished

OKC, if you remember finished 2-6 in their last 8 games. If they won half of those they were a 6 seed. If they went 6-2, they wouldve been 4. Not that big of a jump as one may think. Plus, many of the teams in front of them did nothing/got older/worse this summer. (Utah, Dallas, Portland, SA, Denver all didn't improve this year, and pheonix def got worse). So saying 2nd best isn't really that big of a prediction.

SubZero
SubZero's picture
I agree completely, dwat.

I agree completely, dwat. Also, not everybody is saying they're getting the 2 seed. Only a few people said that. I'm a Thunder fan, and I think somewhere between 3-6 is reasonable for them. That's not overrating them

Mr.Knick 32
Mr.Knick 32's picture
I don't see it because OKC

I don't see it because OKC didn't make any big moves IMO.

The only team who really fell off was Pheonix.

SubZero
SubZero's picture
They don't have to make big

They don't have to make big moves, just develop and strengthen the backup SF and the C positions. It will come in time, but I'm not sure if we'll ever win a title with teams like the Heat buying players out, and maybe the Knicks as well if they can somehow get that Paul-Melo-Amare trio they've been dreaming about

Chrischi
A lot of people said that the

A lot of people said that the Suns will make the playoffs. I even saw some guys who said they will be top 4 in the west.

I think they are the 10th best team in the West. Is that a bold prediction?

White Chocolate
White Chocolate's picture
1. DeMarcus Cousins wins

1. DeMarcus Cousins wins Rookie of the Year.

2. The Utah Jazz get the 2nd seed in the playoffs.

3. The best player out of the 2011 NBA Draft will not be Harrison Barbes it will be Perry Jones or Kyrie Irving.

Chrischi
1. Possible 2. Not 3.

1. Possible
2. Not
3. Possible.

Tyreke Johnson
Tyreke Johnson's picture
1. Kobe will lead the Lakers

1. Kobe will lead the Lakers to the best record in the NBA while averaging 30ppg with 6 rebounds and 5 assists while shooting about 48% percent from the field and shooting 42% from the field and capturing the regular season MVP

2. Rudy Gay will become a big time player in the league, and become an ideal first option with a much improved game

3. OJ Mayo and Andrew Bynum (if healthy) will make the All Star team

4. Heat will win a little less then 60 games this season

5. Thunder will be a top 3 seed in the West

6. ROY will be between Cousins, Wall, Griffin, Turner with the dark horse being Paul George

Chrischi
Wow man!!! Your 6th

Wow man!!! Your 6th prediction is extremely bold!!!

You say that Gay becomes a 1st opion and OJ Mayo will make the All Star team at the same time?? So two All Stars for Memphis?

RSS: Syndicate content