Best of Midnight Madness 2012

mikeyvthedon
mikeyvthedon's picture
Best of Midnight Madness 2012

Know there have already been a few threads on this, but I thought it might be cool to have one thread for all of the cool highlights from this years Midnight Madness (as opposed to having tons of different threads to have to go to). For instance, Missouri's Keion Bell dunking over 6 people was pretty awesome:

This assist from Orlando Sanchez to 360 throw down from JaKarr Sampson was nice stuff as well:

Also know that these have been posted by For_Never_Ever, but Willie Cauley-Stein's throw down on Nerlens Noel and Deuce Bello dunking over Isaiah Austin were obviously huge highlights from last night.

Found some more from Nick Faust and some of the new look Terps (Shaq Cleare, Jake Layman and Dez Wells):

Also, was happy to see Dominic Artis throw down a fat windmill at MattKnight Madness in Eugene:

If anyone else has highlights from last night or were at a Midnight Madness last night, feel free to share! So glad NCAA Basketball season is under way!!!!

Siggy
I had no idea Artis could get

I had no idea Artis could get up like that. Kid still looks like a middle schooler.

mikeyvthedon
mikeyvthedon's picture
Few more

Wagner senior Josh Thompson decided to throw a dunk down over his parents. Clipped his pops a bit in the dome, still fairly fantastic:

Know this is only a coach entrance, but what an entrance! Tom Izzo always manages to do something really cool for Michigan State's Midnight Madness, this Iron Man entrance most definitely fit the bill:

Late Night with Roy in Chapel Hill had some fun things going on. James Michael McAdoo busting a move:

McAdoo Late Night

While some hazing may be overboard, looks like this was just flat out jokes. Joel James, Brice Johnson, Marcus Paige and JP Tokoto all got their baller-ina on. James looks like a flat out natural:

More to come, just thought these stood out. Again, feel free to add your own highlights, pics and stories.

MUbballfan
MUbballfan's picture
Jake Thomas, a white guy, won

Jake Thomas, a white guy, won Marquette Madness's dunk contest. Dont have a video for it though.

mikeyvthedon
mikeyvthedon's picture
Found Marquette Madness Highlight

Jake Thomas was sort of reminiscent of Jacob Tucker:

3--6
NIceeeeeeeeeee

NIceeeeeeeeeee

For_Never_Ever
For_Never_Ever's picture
JP Tokoto needs to get a

JP Tokoto needs to get a chance at displaying his dunking abilities.

Damn, Baylor has 4 or 5 guys that can all get up and throw it down

FUNKYBUNCH
FUNKYBUNCH's picture
Sweeeeet!

Thanks for posting these highlights! Cool beans! And just as good- thanks for posting them on 1 thread!!! Hope some other posters look at this and do that more often...

mikeyvthedon
mikeyvthedon's picture
More finds

Thanks to Hoopsfix.com for these clips. Had a few I had not seen yet, like Jabril Trawick showing major ups getting (well) over 6-9 Tyler Adams:

Also, the Hoyas brought in legendary hip-hop beat boxer/showman Doug E. Fresh in to perform. Yet another school who opened up their basketball season right! The next clip is from San Diego State. I know I have always wanted a chance to hit a half court shot for a prize, make sure I hit one when I am going to leave the gym (and am able to, of course without people playing, lol). Well, this lucky student won a Toyota Tacoma!:

Florida State has some really nice athletes this season. Okaro White took the crown. Too bad no one dunked over 7-1 Michael Ojo or 7-3 Boris Bojanovsky:

More from MattKnight Madness, a nice slam from senior Carlos Emory with a finals showdown between freshman Ben Carter and Dominic Artis. Seems like Artis is really taking leadership and won the contest, even with Carter jumping over a seated John Loyd throwing him an alley-oop:

mikeyvthedon
mikeyvthedon's picture
Now I know why James Michael McAdoo was wearing that suit

The Tar Heels definitely went Gangnam Style, so they had to get the full Psy effect:

Stuart Scott also came out to support his alma-mater for Late Night with Roy, who everyone is glad to see back and healthy:

Did not get a chance to check out the Hoosiers on ESPNU, but the pre-season #1 looks pretty solid:

Found this from DJ Stephens of Memphis. A guy makes a lay-up, than Stephens rebounds the ball through the net and goes between his legs. Just incredible timing, pretty original:

mikeyvthedon
mikeyvthedon's picture
Gimme some more

Going into the pre-season, I think there are two teams at the top of the polls. Already posted a sample of Indiana, the other team I am talking about is Louisville. Here are some samples from the Red/White game. A lot of Montrezl Harrell going on:

The Minnesota Golden Gophers are looking like they will make the next step to the NCAA Tournament this year:

Jamie Dixon came in as Semi-Pro's Jackie Moon. Fun stuff:

Could not find any Steven Adams highlights. Besides JJ Moore dunking over him and all:

For all of the Kentucky heads out there, a highlight reel from Big Blue Madness. Looks like Nerlens Noel did a few things, besides getting posterized by Willie Cauley-Stein:

San Diego State had a Dunk Contest Final between Jamaal Franklin and DeShawn Stephens:

More to come I am sure, other people feel free to add. Think some schools have their event a tad later, know Duke's is next week. Hopefully will find more in due time.

RSS: Syndicate content