Best College Teams in 2011-2012 season

bozman11
Best College Teams in 2011-2012 season

I have no clue who will stay and go due to the CBA expiring in June but we can guess.

My top 3 teams next year are:

1. Kentucky Wildcats

Key Players- Gilchrist, Davis, Teague, Lamb, Kanter(maybe?), Liggins, Miller, Wiltjer, Vargas.

They have 5 potential lottery picks and Liggins, Miller and Wiltjer could be draft picks. With possibly the strongest recruiting class coach Cal has had, they return some key players and possibly could get Kanter if he decides to not enter the draft. Gilchrist will be the leader of this team and will inspire his teammates to play tough D with his defensive skills.

2. Texas Longhorns

Key Players- Thompson, Joseph, Hamilton, Kabongo, Brown, Holmes (incoming freshman, likely starter in post)

They lose Johnson and Balbay but Kabongo is an upgrade. Hamilton will continue to improve his offense and Thompson should as well. Their post could be weak losing Johnson but Thompson can hold it down. They are a young team and can only get better. Might have the best backcourt in the nation with Joseph, Kabongo and Brown.

3. North Carolina

Key Players- Zeller(most likely will stay) Henson(might stay) Marshall, Strickland, Bullock, McAdoo, McDonald.

Barnes cannot be replaced, but if Henson stays they can have a very deep front court alongside Zeller and McAdoo. Bullock, Strickland and McDonald will have an increase in scoring with Barnes gone and Marshall dishing dimes out to them. Could be the best Offensive team next year.

Teams on rise- Arizona, Michigan, Syracuse

Hale
Hale's picture
I'm pretty sure Kanter can

I'm pretty sure Kanter can never play in college.

I would also throw Duke and Memphis into the mix, good list though.

delfam
delfam's picture
^ I think Kanter can play.

^ I think Kanter can play. Deniz Kilici had the same thing happen at WVU and he's playing now.

bozman11
I thought he was just

I thought he was just ineligble this year but ^^ is right, just looked it up.

golden3223
Duke

If Kyrie Irving comes back to school they could be the best team in the ncaa with 3Plumlee brothers seth curry,andre dawkins,ryan kelly,austin rivers and the pg cook the oak hill

bozman11
agreed irving will not come

agreed irving will not come back lol. theres NO way he will. hes gonna be a top 2 pick so he wont pass that up. all those other players are nice but theyre all role players. they played well when irving and smith were starting but without them they have no leader. whos gonna be that leader? not gonna be rivers, hes got crazy talent but ive seen him play live, he isnt the best "floor general".

natedoggg
Duke will be good as always,

Duke will be good as always, especially when you consider the addition of Austin Rivers

sammybuckeye13
sammybuckeye13's picture
Syracuse could be crazy good

Syracuse could be crazy good next year depending on how the young big men develop and if Joseph stays, and I'm guessing he will after this tournament.

PG: Scoop Jardine - 12.9 ppg and 5.9 apg

SG: Brandon Triche - 11.1 ppg

SF: Kris Joseph - 14.3 ppg 5.2 rpg

PF: Rakeem Christmas - 5-star recruit

C: Fab Melo - 5-star recruit last year

Then on the bench in the backcourt you have Dion Waiters who was a 5-star this year and got minutes and Michael Carter Williams who's a 5-star next year and an absolute sniper. Wings you've got C.J. Fair and James Southerland coming back, and down low Baye Keita who was starting at the end of the year and Da'shonte Riley a legit 7-footer who was injured all this year but started in the tournament last year when Onuaku was injured. That's a loaded team.

jeff416
Kentucky, UNC, Memphis,

Kentucky, UNC, Memphis, Texas, UCLA, Syracuse, and Florida all should be pretty good next year. And also teams like Kansas and Duke will be pretty good like they are every year.

UNITEDweRISE31
UNITEDweRISE31's picture
y'all missed some

how bout baylor, q miller and deuce bello,best dunker in the nation imo and has underrated jumpshot and oklahoma state, lebryan nash and cezar guerrero deadly duo

cap777
No one is talking about

No one is talking about Missouri, but if you check their roster they're pretty stacked.

beard20
Washington

What do you all think of Washington next year. They will have basically the same starting line minus Amaning, but get Gaddy back who was showing signs of improvement before he went down. Also Terrence Ross showed he could be a big time scorer .

beard20
Im a little iffy on Mizzu

Im a little iffy on Mizzu until they get a legit big man. They Bearcats owned themdown low

Dale Worthington
Dale Worthington's picture
Good call on Mizzou. Everyone

Good call on Mizzou.

Everyone but Safford is coming back. Just have to wait on who they hire as their coach.

With UDub the key is the development of N'Diaye.

If the big 7-footer can fill MBA's shoes (or come very close to it) then Washington could be a legit Final Four contender next year.

EDIT: It looks like Mizzou is going to give Mike Anderson a raise so they can keep him. Nice.

thaprodigy
thaprodigy's picture
Michigan could make some

Michigan could make some noise next year too

beard20
All depends on if Darius

All depends on if Darius Morris comes back. Which i think would be his best plan

Hale
Hale's picture
I didn't notice how deep the

I didn't notice how deep the top teams with be next year...

UCLA could bring everyone back (probably not Honeycut, but maybe) and add the wear twins, plus a summer for Josh Smith to lose more weight. Michigan can bring everyone back. Memphis can bring everyone back.Texas can bring everyone back and add Kabongo. UNC can bring everyone back. Duke, loses Smith, Singler and Irving (maybe) but add Rivers and Cook. Syracuse can bring everyone back. Kentucky will lose T. Jones and Knight most likely but they have an incredible recruiting class. Baylor loses Dunn, Perry and Acy (I think) but have the nice class someone mentioned above.

beard20
I dont see any reason for Acy

I dont see any reason for Acy to enter the draft this year when he would possible not get drafted at all.

I could also see Florida State being good next year depending or not if Singleton stays. They only lose Kitchen but he will be replaced by Miller whom is a very talented player. Aswell Benard James is player great basketball as of late an will only improve.

Hale
Hale's picture
I thought Acy was a senior.

I thought Acy was a senior. My bad.

mjayb77
Kentucky

I am a fan of UK, and while I am, admittedly, probably just hoping here, I think Brandon Knight could potentially stay. I think Jones (attitude) and Kanter (ineligible) are as good as gone--but Knight was a 4.0 student in college and with the lockout looming in the NBA he might want to stay. He isn't guaranteed a top 10 slot, although he could be if some of the players who talk about staying actually do, and being a smart kid he might stay for another year where he can develop into a top 3 pick. Lamb should stay.

If Knight stays: If Knight and Lamb leave:

PG: Brandon Knight 6'3 185 Marquis Teague 6'2 180

SG: Doron Lamb 6'4 200 DeAndre Liggins 6'6 200

SF: Michael Gilchrist 6'6 195 Michael Gilchrist 6'6 195

PF: Darius Miller 6'6 218 Darius Miller 6'6 218

C: Anthony Davis 6'10 210 Anthony Davis 6'10 210

6: Marquis Teague-PG 6'2 180 Kyle Witjer 6'9 225

7: DeAndre Liggins-SG/SF 6'6 205 Stacey Poole 6'4 195

8: Kyle Witjer-PF/C 6'9 225 Eloy Vargas 6'11 250

9: Stacey Poole-SG/SF 6'4 195 Jon Hood 6'7 195

10: Eloy Vargas-C 6'11 250 Jarrod Polson 6'2 185

11: Jon Hood-SF 6'7 195 *If Lamb stays but Knight leaves, plug Liggins at 6th man and

12: Jarrod Polson-PG 6'2 185 everyone else down a spot.

Providencefriars15
How about Providence? JKJK. I

How about Providence? JKJK. I think Uconn will be underrated

Ghost01
Ghost01's picture
Obviously Kentucky, Duke, and

Obviously Kentucky, Duke, and UNC. They all will range anywhere from very good to outstanding depending on who stays and who goes. Syracuse will be awesome as well. St. Johns has a crazy recruiting class coming in and they should be interesting.

But PLZZZZZ dont put Texas up there. Texas never delivers. They are never consistant over an entire season, because they are poorly coached and they run a horrible offense. Even if Thompson and Hamilton come back (unlikely for Hamilton) i still see them as no more than a top 15 team.

Dale Worthington
Dale Worthington's picture
Temple could be strong next

Temple could be strong next year. Everyone comes back minus Lavoy Allen.

Watch out for NC State. They sucked this year but it's hard to ignore their plethora of 4 and 5-star talent. Maybe they'll do better with a new coach.

If Singleton returns to FSU then they could be lethal.

Belmont has a lot of key pieces returning.

Louisville has everyone coming back minus Knowles. They're gonna have the best depth in the nation next year. The Ville also has a strong recruiting class.

If Darius Morris returns to Ann Arbor then the ENTIRE team is coming back.

Harvard's ENTIRE team is coming back.

Syracuse is gonna be loaded next year.

Illinois is gonna be ridiculously underrated next year after McCamey, Davis, and Tis leave. But then you'll have BP3, DJ Rich, Jereme Richmond, and Meyers Leonard rise to the forefront.

Memphis is gonna be loaded.

St. Mary's and Gonzaga are gonna be much stronger.

Wazzu will be filthy if Klay Thompson comes back.

UCLA will be filthy if Lee, Nelson, and Honeycutt come back.

Vanderbilt will be filthy if Jeff Taylor comes back.

Georgia could be real nice if Leslie and Thompson come back.

RSS: Syndicate content