Best of the 2012 class

Lawrence113
Best of the 2012 class

With Bradley Beal looking like the best player of the 2012 draft class how long will it take him to make the all-star game? I say he makes it next year.

alinge
alinge's picture
I do like Beal, but you are

I do like Beal, but you are way too optimistic, he is playing well at the minute and could make a few all-star games in the future. When all is said and done I would prefer Davis, Lillard and Drummond over Beal

DipoTime
DipoTime's picture
I actually said before the

I actually said before the draft I believed Beal had the potential to be the best player in the draft, and he has really looked good for the most part. Take away his rough start to the season without Wall and he could be considered for ROY.

Having said that, there have been times where Lillard, Davis, and Drummond have looked like absolute beast. I havent seen that yet from Beal. He looks like a guy who play for a long time in the league and maybe around the age of 25 or so towards his peak he will make a few allstar games but these other guys could end up being big time stars.

Plus we will have several players that will surprise us in the next couple years. Maybe Barnes, or TRob, or someone out of the blue like Wroten or Draymond Green.

Sewok15
Sewok15's picture
Draymond Green is averaging 3

Draymond Green is averaging 3 points and 4 boards a game while shooting 33%. I don't see him developing into an NBA starter let alone a star. He came into the league as a guy who was supposed to contribute immediately. He doesn't have great potential like a guy Wroten does in my mind.

benny15
i get what youre saying

i get what youre saying completely, but ive been following the warrior games and have to say that green looks like he'll have a long career in the league. maybe not as a star, or rather most likely not as one, but he's definitely someone coaches would like to have on the roster if he's available to them. can he be a starter someday? perhaps. i mean, eric williams was a starter in the league right?

Sewok15
Sewok15's picture
I think he will have a long

I think he will have a long career as well but I don't see him making drastic improvements and being in the discussion for best player in the 2012 draft. My comment about not being a starter might be a stretch but Eric Williams was a starter on some of the worst Celtics teams in history. Can Green average 10 points and 5 boards on a crappy team while shooting 38 %...sure...but he will never be in the discussion as best player from this draft.

Lawrence113
Bradley Beal is

Bradley Beal is the true rookie of the year. Lilard is just another scoring point guard there's a million of those in the NBA.

frogman
Why is that a bad thing?

Why is that a bad thing? Someone has to score up in Portland,

Lawrence113
When's the last time

When's the last time a team won a championship with a point guard as their main scoring threat? It doesn't happen

FearTheStache
FearTheStache's picture
Chauncey Billups?

Chauncey Billups?

Wetalkinboutpractice
Wetalkinboutpractice's picture
to be fair

at that point in '04 Billups wasn't out there putting up the 18-20 a night that we became accustomed to later in is Pistons tenure. Most of Detroits trips up the court on the offensive side stared with Rip(their leading scorer) coming of those pindowns and cross screens. He was the first option. You could even make the case that Rasheed with his midpost/pick&pop game was option 2. But Billups received a lot of the glory for his propensity and willingness to take and make those big shots in pressure situations.

Pyron
his name is tony parker

his name is tony parker

Tyrober
Tyrober's picture
What is your argument over

What is your argument over Davis and Drummond?

Future_Scout
I thought Aldridge was the

I thought Aldridge was the main scoring threat in Portland, i guess i was wrong.
yes, sarcasm.

Tyrober
Tyrober's picture
OP obviously has a man crush

OP obviously has a man crush on Beal.

Lawrence113
Maybe

Maybe. Or maybe I just recognize greatness when I see it.

Lawrence113
Anthony Davis

Anthony Davis, if he realizes his full potential, has a chance to be better than Beal but that's the only guy. Everyone else will be looking sad when Beal hits a 3 in their face

alinge
alinge's picture
I'm pretty sure Drummond's

I'm pretty sure Drummond's maximum potential is higher than Beal's

Pyron
bump this thread when lillard

bump this thread when lillard gets ROY

Lawrence113
I don't doubt Lilard will win the award

I don't doubt Lilard will win the award dumb one. The media has already given it to him. It's that Beal will deserve it more by the end of the year and be a better player in the long run.

OaktownWarriors
OaktownWarriors's picture
Beal??? best of the 2012 draft!

True, Beal could be an All Star down the line, but it's very hard to grade a rookie playing on a small town junior college in Montana, like Washington. I would take Dillard right now, along with Barnes, Drummonds. Keeping true, Beal should've stayed another year at Florida. He could've developed a nicer all round game.

r377
r377's picture
Beal averaged 15ppg on 51%

Beal averaged 15ppg on 51% 3's in Jan and 17ppg on 48% 3's in Feb. Just seems like yesterday when there were quite a few ppl saying he is not a good shooter and was over-rated...

Lawrence113
Beal making the haters cry

Another game with 20+ points and over 50% shooting. Poor haters.

IGO4TW
IGO4TW's picture
Beal had a rough start but if

Beal had a rough start but if he was playing the way he has been playing since Wall came back this would be a whole other discussion.Now the ROY is already done because Lillard has an amazing year and to me with his work ethic he could become great in this league.I actually compared his stats with Kyrie's rookie year stats and to me they re pretty similar(except for the fact that Kyrie shot a lot better as a rookie than Lillard).They bot had 18 points about the same rebounds and steals and lillard has about an apg more than Kyrie(though Kyrie had a worse supporting cast than Lillard and still does).Now the guy with the biggest potential to me is Davis(though i don't see his coach using him in an efficient way offensively) and Beal the way he s been playing lately(and by lately i mean since Wall came back) could be in the conversation for one of the best from the 2012 draft.As for Drummond i can see that he s a beast but he s still raw and i want to see how he and Monroe complement each other.If they re a good fit then he is in the conversation too.

RSS: Syndicate content