Andre Miller becomes 8th player with at least 15,000 points and 7,500 assists

aamir543
aamir543's picture
Andre Miller becomes 8th player with at least 15,000 points and 7,500 assists

Tonight against the T-Wolves, Andre Miller got his 15,000th point, which makes him only the 8th member of exclusive 15,000/7,500 club. The only others to achieve this feat are John Stockton, Jason Kidd, Steve Nash, Oscar Robertson, Isiah Thomas, Magic Johnson, and Gary Payton. Deron Williams and Chris Paul also look like they'll join that club as well within the next few years.

Miller is probably the most underrated player of his generation. He's a true class act, and an absolute warrior, and a guy that makes his teammates better.

http://www.timescolonist.com/sports/basketball/nuggets-g-andre-miller-be...

razorSHARPE
razorSHARPE's picture
Miller's one of my personal

Miller's one of my personal favorites. His demeanor on and off the court, his toughness, his off-the-charts IQ and on the low, he's quite a funny guy. I'll never forget when he burned the Mavericks and dropped 52 points on them a few season ago. Props to Dre.

Lebron's Hairline
Lebron's Hairline's picture
It's a shame he falls into

It's a shame he falls into that category of " guys who fall short of the hall of fame"; he has been such a productive player his whole career.

razorSHARPE
razorSHARPE's picture
He's also had a healthy

He's also had a healthy career. Only missed 8 of 1050 games from 1999-2000 to 2011-2012. Simply amazing.

phila9012
The sad thing is that he got

The sad thing is that he got by on craft and talent. He doesnt work out in the offseason and uses training camp to work himself into shape.

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/15542/the-secrets-of-the-nbas...

Tha King2121
Tha King2121's picture
After he left Philly in 07 I

After he left Philly in 07 I thought his career was going to be over, but really hasn't shown signs of slowing down from 07 til now. Yes his game play is slow just saying from 07 to now hasn't changed much. Also love his post play

Tongue-Out-Like-23
Tongue-Out-Like-23's picture
And to think, he hasn't made

And to think, he hasn't made a single All-Star appearance

BenchWarmer
I always loved his old man

I always loved his old man game. Hes a really smart player, I think he'd make a good coach.

surve
surve's picture
"old man game" lol

underrated player.....he does have that old man YMCA style game. and I love it. I remember playing against old men like that, here you are young and athletic going up against a bunch of slow, beer bellied, slobs who just beat the crap out of you with IQ. Miller brought that game to the pros. We brought this up the other day...but he is also in an elite group of guys who scored the most points without making an All Star appearance.

BenchWarmer
Exactly, There's always that

Exactly, There's always that one older dude that is making you look dumb. Haha definitely underrated, and underappreciated

slash787
Is there any chance he pulls

Is there any chance he pulls a baseball move and gets into the Hall Fame on his last year of eligibility? As everyone knows numbers rule in baseball and if you stick around long enough to compile impressive numbers like (3000 hits/300 wins) then you are basically a lock barring steroid use. Andre Miller has been around long enough to compile impressive stats and in baseball players like Bert Blyleven who is in and Craig Biggio who will be in despite being a very never being a top level player during their career.

aamir543
aamir543's picture
No, sorry, but I don't see

No, sorry, but I don't see that happening. He's at 15,000 career points, it's very unlikely he gets to 20k, and even if does, that still won't be enough. People are hesitant about Vince Carter who made more than half a dozen All-Star appearances, and even made All-NBA teams, and will end in the 25,000 point club. Antawn Jamison made two All-Star teams, will get to 20K points easily, but there's no way he's getting in.

The fact of the matter is that Miller is a solid starter who shouldn't have been more than a 3rd option at any point in his career. He never made an All-Star team, never made an All-NBA team, and never got out of the first round of the playoffs. Sorry but he really doesn't have a case at all, but that doesn't mean he wasn't a great player in his own right.

slash787
I agree I just wanted to

I agree I just wanted to throw it out there to get the opinion of everyone. I think it's funny that in baseball if you compile certain stats to get to the "magic" number you're basically in and in other sports it's not like that. For the record I think Vince Carter is a hall of famer. If Chris Mullin is in the Hall of Fame then VC is in. I am a huge fan of Jamison but I do not see him getting in even though I think he is very underrated.

Sewok15
Sewok15's picture
Jamison played for a lot of

Jamison played for a lot of losing teams and that will hurt him. Vince doesn't have the greatest #'s but his excitement level in his prime is worth a HOF spot in my book.

Sewok15
Sewok15's picture
He is clearly one of the most

He is clearly one of the most underrated players ever. He still gets to the basket at will and finishes like he is Derrick Rose minus 20 inches on his vertical. I really didn't appreciate how good he was when he was in Philly...most likely because he was brought into town in the same trade that got rid of my favorite athlete ever in Allen Iverson. The last two years watching him as Denver's 6th man and playing a lot with Lawson in the backcourt I can say he is probably the most underrated player of the last 15 years.

RSS: Syndicate content