and the first pick in the 2014 draft goes to?

jaysmith1987
and the first pick in the 2014 draft goes to?

For some odd reason I believe that somehow the celtics end up with the first pick in the draft. These guys tend to have great luck in the draft. Im going to go with a little conspiracy theory here and say that the NBA won't allow the celtics to just be a crappy team and the Celtics end up with the chance to draft either Wiggins, Parker, or Randle First.

MorseWill
I don't see it, when Rondo

I don't see it, when Rondo gets healthy they will be better and a mediocre team, therefore unable to get the top draft pick

JoeWolf1
JoeWolf1's picture
You are aware the NBA isn't

You are aware the NBA isn't like the NFL where the worst records are locked into the best picks. When Chicago got the #1 pick to draft Derrick Rose, they were just a few games below 500.

Mopgrass
You make an interesting

You make an interesting point.

People will set the commissioner's car on fire if the Lakers somehow got the 1st pick. People would really go crazy. It might actually be bad for basketball if that happened.

Mopgrass
When Rondo comes back they'll

When Rondo comes back they'll play well.

The Celtics have odd components. Besides Rondo, their best 5 players may naturally be power forwards (Jeff Green, Jared Sullinger, Brandon Bass, Kelly Olynyk, and Kris Humphries)... okay, some of that may be a stretch. Still, what an odd combination of players?

2 or 3 moves could fix this.

jwall1
Yea, well Chicago getting the

Yea, well Chicago getting the number one pick was very unlikely (a 1% chance). Every team in reality has a "chance" to get the number one pick. I think the probable favorites are Boston, Utah, and Philly but other teams like Sacramento and Orlando I feel also have a shot..

Roland209
So you're telling me there's

So you're telling me there's a chance?

JordanC20
I'm gonna say the Jazz

I'm gonna say the Jazz

Memphis Madness
Hey, the Bulls might get it

Hey, the Bulls might get it again. They are 1-3 and struggling. Where are they going to get their points from? D Rose is coming off a major injury, but something is not right. His speed and hops look ok, but he has never been the best shooter or playmaker. Maybe teams have figured him out.

Bulls fans should be worried. If this is the Derrick Rose we will see going forward then they might just be a borderline playoff team.

Boozer is old, Deng is a free agent after this year, and Noah is still Noah but maybe he has peaked.

Maybe they shut down Rose at some point and start to tank.

Wiggins would be great next to Rose and Jimmy Butler with Joakim Noah manning the middle.

OR, hometown hero Jabari Parker.

If they can get Julius Randle then they can amnesty Carlos Boozer. Or, trade Boozer since he will be an expiring contract after this season.

This Bulls team might not be very good this season. They might be a borderline playoff team at best.

This team could really use Wiggins, or Parker, or Randle. After this year, the Heat might get blown up. The Bulls might be better off tanking this season and then come back younger and stronger.

As it stands, the future in Indy looks better than the future in Chicago. The Pacers are looking great right now, while the Bulls decidedly are not.

Memphis Madness
There will be a conspiracy

There will be a conspiracy theory for whoever gets it (unless its the Bucks).

Bucks need a superstar and they haven't had one since Kareem went back to LA La Land.

Greek Freek, OJ Mayo, SANDERS!, Nate Wolters, John Henson, that Ersan guy, and Wiggins. That would be a fun team to watch.

I won't scream conspiracy (!) unless the Lakers, Celtics, and Bulls/Knicks get the top 3 picks.

I think they should do the draft LIVE this year. Just pick the ping pong balls on live TV to find out who gets the top pick instead of doing reverse order to build suspense. I think it would be more fun to watch it live.

After revealing who gets the top pick, it would still be fun to see who got the second and third picks (and to see who got screwed).

It could be a big event like The Decision a few years ago.

It could also build up even more hype and anticipation for the draft.

This time, we want to see who gets the TOP PICK. We also want to see it live, as it unfolds. It will also be interesting to see who gets the consolation prizes.

There's no downside to this.

torontoraptors10
Toronto Raptors

Will definitely be the Toronto Raptors...

Ny2daDeathOFme
Ny2daDeathOFme's picture
playoffs

You wish. The raptors might get that 8th or 7th spot this year

Mopgrass
On a given night MCW or

On a given night MCW or Bledsoe can help lead a team to victory. However, despite all of that and the fact both teams have looked decent so far, I say the 76ers will get the 1st pick and Phoenix will get the 2nd.

The Clippers came out of the gate slowly and now they look great. At the beginning of the year, teams who aren't great can win because they worked harder together in the off season. Once that advantage goes away, true teams emerge. I think the rest of the league will eventually catch up with on running plays, etc. and we'll see how good teams really are.

Having said that, I'm really enjoying the 76ers and can't wait to see them with Noel.

Toronto16
Toronto16's picture
For some reason I think the

For some reason I think the Suns will get the #1 pick.

RSS: Syndicate content