This topic contains 24 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar BallerScript 8 years, 8 months ago.

• Author
    canadabasketballisrisingcanadabasketballisrising
    canadabasketballisrising
    Participant

If the NBA were to field an all world versus usa team during allstar weekend, who would you select for the all- world team right now? (12 man roster, with 5 clear starters)??

canadabasketballisrising
    Participant

M. Gasol, D, Nowitzki, A. Wiggins, Gragic, Parker… 

canadabasketballisrising
    Participant

M. Gasol, D, Nowitzki, A. Wiggins, Gragic, Parker… 

Stop_basketball_nonsense
    Participant

Starters- dragic,antetekoumpo,luol deng,dirk,Marc gasol.

Bench- parker,batum,pau gasol,ibaka,Schroeder, Tristan thompson,Wiggins.

I put dragic parker because dragic is younger, has the size to compete against the big USA point guards, and with parkers injuries I think dragic is better. I think parker is better than Giannis but the world needs size& length to defend against the starting  USA wings, which could be a combination of harden, lebron, melo, or durant, I think Parker is better suited for this team to be the back up point.

Stop_basketball_nonsense
    Participant

Starters- dragic,antetekoumpo,luol deng,dirk,Marc gasol.

Bench- parker,batum,pau gasol,ibaka,Schroeder, Tristan thompson,Wiggins.

I put dragic parker because dragic is younger, has the size to compete against the big USA point guards, and with parkers injuries I think dragic is better. I think parker is better than Giannis but the world needs size& length to defend against the starting  USA wings, which could be a combination of harden, lebron, melo, or durant, I think Parker is better suited for this team to be the back up point.

Rip255

I think theres a few locks

Bogut

Dellavedova

Mills

Exum

Baynes

BEARDED-DRAGON
      Participant

these are your ‘locks’? i see you’re australian mate! i think i can make a canadian team with players no-one would pick as well:

kelly olynk

tristan thompson

anthony bennett

nik stauskas

tyler ennis

now that would actually be an entertaining game. I’d give it to australia, as you have bogut who actually would be close to getting on the world team, while we have bennett who would bring us down a bit… and i left off wiggins who would actually make the world squad. hell, i might even put cory joseph in for bennett if these teams actually played.

BallerScript
        Participant

Check out my NBA team New Zealand

C- Steven Adams

PF- Uhh

SF- Kinda don’t have one

SG- Maybe next year

PG- Steven Adams again!

BallerScript
        Participant

Check out my NBA team New Zealand

C- Steven Adams

PF- Uhh

SF- Kinda don’t have one

SG- Maybe next year

PG- Steven Adams again!

BEARDED-DRAGON
      Participant

these are your ‘locks’? i see you’re australian mate! i think i can make a canadian team with players no-one would pick as well:

kelly olynk

tristan thompson

anthony bennett

nik stauskas

tyler ennis

now that would actually be an entertaining game. I’d give it to australia, as you have bogut who actually would be close to getting on the world team, while we have bennett who would bring us down a bit… and i left off wiggins who would actually make the world squad. hell, i might even put cory joseph in for bennett if these teams actually played.

Rip255

I think theres a few locks

Bogut

Dellavedova

Mills

Exum

Baynes

dmo21
    Participant

Starters: Parker, Batum, Deng, Nowitzki, and M. Gasol. Veterans of the game with a good mix of defense and shooting.

Next line: Dragic, Wiggins, Giannis, P. Gasol, and Noah. More athleticism and some defense.

Last 3 (I added 1 more): Irving, Ginobili, and Ibaka. Each can add something different to the team if needed.

I think the main thing to beat a USA team is veterans and defense, which I think this team has.

Next in line: Rubio, Gallinari, Vucevic, Horford, Gobert, Gortat, and Thompson.

Arc12345
      Participant

clearly you don’t watch USA basketball. Kyrie may have been born in Australia, but he represents USA. He’s not going to be on the world’s squad LOL. 

Arc12345
      Participant

clearly you don’t watch USA basketball. Kyrie may have been born in Australia, but he represents USA. He’s not going to be on the world’s squad LOL. 

dmo21
        Participant

Well I’ll cut him, and then I have my team f 12.

dmo21
        Participant

Well I’ll cut him, and then I have my team f 12.

dmo21
    Participant

Starters: Parker, Batum, Deng, Nowitzki, and M. Gasol. Veterans of the game with a good mix of defense and shooting.

Next line: Dragic, Wiggins, Giannis, P. Gasol, and Noah. More athleticism and some defense.

Last 3 (I added 1 more): Irving, Ginobili, and Ibaka. Each can add something different to the team if needed.

I think the main thing to beat a USA team is veterans and defense, which I think this team has.

Next in line: Rubio, Gallinari, Vucevic, Horford, Gobert, Gortat, and Thompson.

Thenilonator
    Participant

Bogut is so underrated. I would have bogut in front of Gortat, Gobert and probably horford too. Remember basketball is played on 2 ends of the court!

Thenilonator
    Participant

Bogut is so underrated. I would have bogut in front of Gortat, Gobert and probably horford too. Remember basketball is played on 2 ends of the court!

BEARDED-DRAGON
    Participant

starters: marc gasol – c spain, serge ibaka – pf congo, nicolas batum – sf france, andrew wiggins – sg canada, tony parker – pg france.

bench: nikola pekovic – c montenegro, dirk nowitzki – pf germany, luol deng – sf england, manu ginobli – sg argentina, goran dragic – pg croatia.

end of bench: al horford – pf dominican republic, grevais vasquez – pg venezuela

team 2 starters: nikola vucivic – c montenegro, joakim noah – pf france, danilo galinari – sf italy, pablo prigioni – sg argentina, dennis schroeder – pg germany

team 2 bench:rudy gobert – c france, nikola mirotic – pf montenegro, giannis antetokoumbo – sf greece, jordan clarkson – sg phillipines, ricky rubio – pg spain.

end of bench: hmmmmm… maybe tristan thompson – pf canada, and dante exum -pg australia… he’s hurt but I’m running outta deserving players i can name… nene – pf brazil instead of thompson? mills to replace exum as he did in real life. and i cant tell if the 2nd team bench is better than the starters

BEARDED-DRAGON
    Participant

starters: marc gasol – c spain, serge ibaka – pf congo, nicolas batum – sf france, andrew wiggins – sg canada, tony parker – pg france.

bench: nikola pekovic – c montenegro, dirk nowitzki – pf germany, luol deng – sf england, manu ginobli – sg argentina, goran dragic – pg croatia.

end of bench: al horford – pf dominican republic, grevais vasquez – pg venezuela

team 2 starters: nikola vucivic – c montenegro, joakim noah – pf france, danilo galinari – sf italy, pablo prigioni – sg argentina, dennis schroeder – pg germany

team 2 bench:rudy gobert – c france, nikola mirotic – pf montenegro, giannis antetokoumbo – sf greece, jordan clarkson – sg phillipines, ricky rubio – pg spain.

end of bench: hmmmmm… maybe tristan thompson – pf canada, and dante exum -pg australia… he’s hurt but I’m running outta deserving players i can name… nene – pf brazil instead of thompson? mills to replace exum as he did in real life. and i cant tell if the 2nd team bench is better than the starters

adum
      Participant

I think Rudy Gobert should play with Dirk though off the bench. 

if you’re thinking of playing to point guards I’d rather play Rubio/Mudiay or even Giannis over Pablo even though he has great experience.

end of the bench on the second team could be saved for young prospects like Mario Hez/Murray/Kris P 

adum
      Participant

I think Rudy Gobert should play with Dirk though off the bench. 

if you’re thinking of playing to point guards I’d rather play Rubio/Mudiay or even Giannis over Pablo even though he has great experience.

end of the bench on the second team could be saved for young prospects like Mario Hez/Murray/Kris P 

BEARDED-DRAGON
        Participant

yeah i figured the addition of pekovic might garner questions. i didnt factor in how players might project to be better by the time all star rolls around this year, but based it purely on what we’ve seen from them already and under the assumption they are all healthy. so pekovic>gobert/vucevic… but i agree his lack of rim protection and defensive rebounding wouldnt be ideal playing beside dirk. and obviously basing it like that i didnt even think about rookies, some of whom might garner consideration for one of these lists by halfway through their rookie campaigns. probably woulda had mudiay instead of prigioni and hezonja at the end of the bench. porzingas will be on this team in a few years but i think he’ll struggle this year and murray, well… he’s in college? yeah, none of those guys count for me til i see them contribute in a regular season nba game.

BEARDED-DRAGON
        Participant

yeah i figured the addition of pekovic might garner questions. i didnt factor in how players might project to be better by the time all star rolls around this year, but based it purely on what we’ve seen from them already and under the assumption they are all healthy. so pekovic>gobert/vucevic… but i agree his lack of rim protection and defensive rebounding wouldnt be ideal playing beside dirk. and obviously basing it like that i didnt even think about rookies, some of whom might garner consideration for one of these lists by halfway through their rookie campaigns. probably woulda had mudiay instead of prigioni and hezonja at the end of the bench. porzingas will be on this team in a few years but i think he’ll struggle this year and murray, well… he’s in college? yeah, none of those guys count for me til i see them contribute in a regular season nba game.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login