This topic contains 22 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar TWILL123 8 years, 8 months ago.

• Author
    valentine

PG Joseph Young, pick 43, Pacers. Maybe more of a shooting guard, but there were no big draft steals.

SG Norman Powell, pick 46, Raptors (Almost went with RJ Hunter at 28, but Powell looks like a poor man’s Latrell Sprewell. Don’t be shocked if he takes Terrence Ross’s job as a rookie.

SF Kelly Oubre, pick 15, Wizards. Just ridiculous talent, and a guy who has learned that hard work pays off. This guy is going to F your guy up. Wiggins level talent. Utterly superior to D’Angelo Russell, to the point that I too have a chip on my shoulder against the teams that passed on him.

PF Jordan Mickey, pick 33, Celtics. Serge Ibaka in the second round says what?

C Myles Turner, pick 11, Pacers. More of a PF at this point, but Turner is going to be a star stretch center for a long long time.

Congrats to the Pacers for fielding two first team all rookie draft value winners.

A tip of the hat to the Celtics for the honorable mention that RJ Hunter recieved, while also fielding first teamer Jordan Mickey.

Second Team All Rookie Draft Value will be announced by various partners, associates, and affiliates in the comments below.

Rip255

I’m down with Oubre being better than Russell. 

I nominate Kevon Looney for the Second Team All Rookie Draft Value.

Rip255

I’m down with Oubre being better than Russell. 

I nominate Kevon Looney for the Second Team All Rookie Draft Value.

Zouldiers
    Participant

Branden Dawson instead of Myles Turner since you expect Turner to be a value pick. Other than that, good list.

Zouldiers
    Participant

Branden Dawson instead of Myles Turner since you expect Turner to be a value pick. Other than that, good list.

he_gets_buckets
    Participant

Wait, aren’t Rip255 and T-Rex the same person? I was under the impression that was the case

he_gets_buckets
    Participant

Wait, aren’t Rip255 and T-Rex the same person? I was under the impression that was the case

Rip255

Haha naah. I dont have an alter ego. I’ll leave the catfishing to the veterans.

Rip255

Haha naah. I dont have an alter ego. I’ll leave the catfishing to the veterans.

nateval
    Participant

Justin Anderson #21 Dallas, the guy the Celtics should have drafted at #16

nateval
    Participant

Justin Anderson #21 Dallas, the guy the Celtics should have drafted at #16

providencefriars1
      Participant

+10,000… Im not a big Rozier guy at all

providencefriars1
      Participant

+10,000… Im not a big Rozier guy at all

T Rex

Rookie Survey

Which rookie was the biggest steal at where he was selected in the Draft?
    1. Joseph Young (43), Indiana — 12.1 percent
    T-2. R.J. Hunter (28), Boston — 9.1 percent
    Tyus Jones (24), Minnesota — 9.1 percent
    Bobby Portis (22), Chicago — 9.1 percent
    Justise Winslow (10), Miami — 9.1 percent
    6. Terry Rozier (16), Boston — 6.1 percent
    Myles Turner (11), Indiana — 6.1 percent
    Others receiving votes: Devin Booker (13), Phoenix; Anthony Brown (34), L.A. Lakers; Willie Cauley-Stein (6), Sacramento; Jerian Grant (19), New York; Dakari Johnson (48), Oklahoma City; Stanley Johnson (8), Detroit; Trey Lyles (12), Utah; Jarell Martin (25), Memphis; Jordan Mickey (33), Boston; Emmanuel Mudiay (7), Denver; Jahlil Okafor (3), Philadelphia; Kristaps Porzingis (4), New York; Josh Richardson (40), Miami; Rashad Vaughn (17), Milwaukee
    Last year: Kyle Anderson — 11.1 percent

T Rex

Rookie Survey

Which rookie was the biggest steal at where he was selected in the Draft?
    1. Joseph Young (43), Indiana — 12.1 percent
    T-2. R.J. Hunter (28), Boston — 9.1 percent
    Tyus Jones (24), Minnesota — 9.1 percent
    Bobby Portis (22), Chicago — 9.1 percent
    Justise Winslow (10), Miami — 9.1 percent
    6. Terry Rozier (16), Boston — 6.1 percent
    Myles Turner (11), Indiana — 6.1 percent
    Others receiving votes: Devin Booker (13), Phoenix; Anthony Brown (34), L.A. Lakers; Willie Cauley-Stein (6), Sacramento; Jerian Grant (19), New York; Dakari Johnson (48), Oklahoma City; Stanley Johnson (8), Detroit; Trey Lyles (12), Utah; Jarell Martin (25), Memphis; Jordan Mickey (33), Boston; Emmanuel Mudiay (7), Denver; Jahlil Okafor (3), Philadelphia; Kristaps Porzingis (4), New York; Josh Richardson (40), Miami; Rashad Vaughn (17), Milwaukee
    Last year: Kyle Anderson — 11.1 percent

Flameres15
    Participant

Bobby Portis, Branden Dawson, Dakari Johnson, Delon Wright, and Pat Connaughton would be all second team. I mention Pat because he is the most likely to carve out a role on the Blazers. Dawson, Portis, and Johnson are talented, but could be lost on the teams depth chart. Wright was one of my favorite players in college, but there are questions of whether his game will translate to the NBA. As long as Wright can remain level-headed, and not start jacking up shots, he should be fine. There are many talented offensive players on the Raptors roster, and Wright should stick to facilitating to them.

Flameres15
    Participant

Bobby Portis, Branden Dawson, Dakari Johnson, Delon Wright, and Pat Connaughton would be all second team. I mention Pat because he is the most likely to carve out a role on the Blazers. Dawson, Portis, and Johnson are talented, but could be lost on the teams depth chart. Wright was one of my favorite players in college, but there are questions of whether his game will translate to the NBA. As long as Wright can remain level-headed, and not start jacking up shots, he should be fine. There are many talented offensive players on the Raptors roster, and Wright should stick to facilitating to them.

T Rex

Ryan Boatright, Aaron Harrison, and Jonathan Holmes head the Sprite All-Undrafted Team.

Need two more though.

T Rex

Ryan Boatright, Aaron Harrison, and Jonathan Holmes head the Sprite All-Undrafted Team.

Need two more though.

ZachAttack
      Participant

Of course, Aaron’s on there.

My all undrafted team is

G: Ryan Boatright
      G: Michael Frazier
      F: Johnathan Holmes
      F: Cliff Alexander
      C: Robert Upshaw

ZachAttack
      Participant

Of course, Aaron’s on there.

My all undrafted team is

G: Ryan Boatright
      G: Michael Frazier
      F: Johnathan Holmes
      F: Cliff Alexander
      C: Robert Upshaw

TWILL123
    Participant

Can’t believe Montrezl Harrell isn’t getting any love in this thread. Was projected in the late teens and fell all the way to the second round. 

TWILL123
    Participant

Can’t believe Montrezl Harrell isn’t getting any love in this thread. Was projected in the late teens and fell all the way to the second round. 

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login