AJ Collins Class of 2017

mbunner23
mbunner23's picture
AJ Collins Class of 2017

I usually don't post things like this but this kid is from my area in a small West Virginia town. What's everyone think of him? Could he be a D-1 type player or D-2? Definitely needs to get bigger though

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-gUxMOnPYg

PurpleMonkeyDis...
PurpleMonkeyDishwasher's picture
He's a good...

He's a good 8th grade player. Last weekend I viewed two 8th grade pt guards on 1 team that had more skills and a better feel for the game. He's a good player but his skills are typical of many 8th grade kids.

Hadzialijagic
It really depends on how big

It really depends on how big he ends up becoming. He is pretty small though. I have a brother who is also an 8th grader he is a point guard/ shooting guard and hes 5'9 155 ish pounds. He looked good though. The competition didnt look all that great. But tell him to continue working hard. I think as long as Alec ends up at least 5'9 he can play D2 if he works hard. The kid would have to grow a bit more but if he ends up at like 6'0 i think he could end up playing at a midmajor program D1. Thats if he continues to work hard.

Chewy
Chewy's picture
lol spot on

He looks just like a mini-Siva haha. Moustache and everything!

PurpleMonkeyDis...
PurpleMonkeyDishwasher's picture
D1 or D2?

That's a huge leap to having him playing college ball when he's never made a highschool team yet. I saw an 8th grade point guard today also plays with the 10th grade team and he's no college prospect at this point. People seem to not know how big of a leap it is from high school ball to having your schooling paid for.

Hale
Hale's picture
He's off to a nice start but

He's off to a nice start but he's a long way from D1, a lot depends on the development of his size and athleticism.

RSS: Syndicate content