This topic contains 6 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar jaysmith1987 6 years, 8 months ago.

• Author
    high floor
    Participant

Aaron Gordon is approaching a contract year this season. Orlando finally realized that’s he’s best suited playing the 4 on offense, and not surprisingly his numbers went up the final 1/4 of the season.

In my opinion, Aaron Gordon and Jonathan Isaac have the highest upside on the Magic’s roster….. so with Gordon having seniority he should be featured prominantly this upcoming year on a team mostly devoid of high ceiling players. 

What do you all think is a reasonable expectation for Aaron Gordon’s main counting stats? I’m thinking something along the lines of:

• 15pts, 8rebs, 2assists, 1st, 1blk, 49%FG, 68%FT, 2.0to’s

HeroescantdieHeroescantdie
    Heroescantdie
    Participant

Gordon, Every year analysts saying that year AG gonna be a stud, I’m optimistic, every year ss a break out year for him, Unfortunately the Magic GM held him back or let’s say delayed his development by trading for Serge Ibaka and Signing Biyombo, I know Biymbo is a Center but since AG is a pf, Biyombo still takes minutes from Gordon’s minutes before the trade. I love their core before of Payton Oladipo Harris Gordon and Vucevic. This is the year I’m gonna expect more from Gordon. He has the skills ath physical tools, he just need to be consistent night in and night out. By their 4th year, there’s a saying by a player’s 4th year, that player will be that type of player in his career. If he average that, it’s a good rise from his junior year, So let’s see

Miko4rm206
      Participant

Henzojna needs to get the PT 

GBee
    Participant

Its hard to project Isaac bc he’s so raw, but if AG is their other player with the most upside on their roster, then the Magic are screwed.  He’s an OK defender, he plays with good energy (can be a bit too exuberant on that end which leads to overcommits) and he’s athletic, but he’s hardly a defensive dynamo, especially at PF where he’s physically weak and doesn’t like to mix it up. Offensively, yes, they screwed up by trying him out at SF, but that’s partly his fault too.  Ever since he declared for the draft he’s had it in his head that he was some sort of Pippen-esque creator on the wing, which he clearly is not and never will be. His ball skills are just not good enough and I don’t think he’ll ever be a respectable enough perimeter shooter to force defenders to play him honestly.  Given his rate of improvement, he looks like a 4th option on a good team at best.

That stat line sounds reasonable though.  Only thing I’d make a case against is that FG%.  He just doesn’t have good touch and tends to rush his shots in traffic and on the move.  If playing PF full time means less outside shots, then that’ll help his FG% but IDK if he’ll be able to resist bc he’s still trying to prove doubters wrong and show that he’s some sort of all-around talent.  If he accepts a role as an energy guy who runs the floor, crashes the glass, finishes plays made for him as a lower usage player, then his overall efficiency will go up.  If not, I can see him hovering around that 46-47% (and lets say, 53 TS%) which is pretty weak for a PF. Also, 8 rebounds per game is at the higher end of the spectrum for his projections.  He might be athletic, but like I said, he does not like physicality and he doesn’t have the pure length to make up for that.

BallerScript
    Participant

Aaron Gordon was pretty impressive after the all star break and in his last few games.

I can see him putting up 14.7ppg, 6.6rpg, 1.7apg

holefillers1
    Participant

Maybe he can carve out a nice little Thad Young roll for himself.  That’s probably his future.

jaysmith1987
    Participant

its only his fourth year in the league.  He might be 22 and he hasn’t played 30 mpg at powerforward yet and that’s his best position.  He will be good in the league it’s just Orlando is probably the worst collection of talent in the NBA no one fits the team no shooters all athletes. 

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login