With the 9th pick in the 2010 NBA Draft the Utah Jazz select Xavier Henry from Kansas University.

White Chocolate
White Chocolate's picture
With the 9th pick in the 2010 NBA Draft the Utah Jazz select Xavier Henry from Kansas University.

The Jazz are high on Xavier Henry and Kevin O'Connor has connections with Kansas so he knows how good Henry is. He is a great player and would be good with D-Will as a point guard.The Jazz line-up would be good it would look like this:

PG Deron Williams
SG Wesley Matthews
SF Xavier Henry
PF Paul Millsap
C Mehmet Okur/?

That is a pretty good starting line-up the only problem is that the Jazz need a good defensive center to stop Gasol and Bynum because the Lakers are the only thing that is stopping them from getting to the championship right now, I am not saying that they would get to the championship if they beat the Lakers, but really they are the only team in their way. For everybody who thinks Henry can't play small forward I think he can because he has the size and skill to play it and if you disagree with me tell me why.

OhCanada-
OhCanada-'s picture
Unless he's gone at 7 or 8...

Unless he's gone at 7 or 8...

White Chocolate
I don't think that the

I don't think that the Pistons would take Henry, the only thing that worries me is the Clippers, but I hear that they are high on Gordon Hayward and Luke Babbitt.

Mr.Knick 32
Mr.Knick 32's picture
The Utah Jazz need a big way

The Utah Jazz need a big way more then they need a slasher.

I think Utah takes a big with both draft picks and finds a slasher with the MLE.

Durantula-35
I'm still on the Udoh

I'm still on the Udoh bandwagon

Counting Stars
Counting Stars's picture
If the Jazz do draft Henry,

If the Jazz do draft Henry, he won't start over Kirilenko.

Rookies often don't get major minutes under Jerry Sloan, so it's not entirely impossible they address their big man issues through free agency and draft a player for the wing. However, they traded away Ronnie Brewer last year to free up time for the wings they have. Granted Matthews and Korver are now free agents, but I think they will try to keep both of them.

Regardless, I don't think Henry would be a terrible pick. He would provide insurance if Matthews and/or Korver leave and could play some minutes at the 3 and allow Kirilenko to play some at the 4.

I am really curious to see what the Jazz do with their pick. I honestly have no idea where they are going. It should be interesting.

White Chocolate
Udoh is a nice player, but

Udoh is a nice player, but the thing that scares me is that he is 23 and he is not much of a scorer. Also the Clippers like Paul George too.

Knicksboy I am the total opposite of you I think they pick Henry at #9 and go for someone like Brendan Haywood or Tyson Chandler with the MLE or they might trade for a late 1st round pick and pick up Sanders or Brackins.

frijole ghost
nah

udoh or babbitt

udoh can play the 4/5 and babbitt the 3/4...both are intelligent go-getters that could play for sloan

Captain L
Henry

To me Henry would be a wasted pick, especially at #9, you have to look at what the Jazz need, not just that Henry is a good player or that KOC has Kansas ties. The Jazz love Mathews now after the season he had and CJ came on at the end of the season and performed well. CJ and Henry are very similar players, both like to shoot from down town too much, both are athletic, both can play the 2 or 3 but are better suited to play the 2.
The Jazz need to find Boozers replacement and it needs to be a PF with height, length and a defensive mind set(something Booz didn't have). Udoh is the perfect choice at #9 if he is available. He is 6'10", long 7'4.5" wing span, has a versatile offensive game and is defensive minded and a good shot blocker, 3.7 per game.
If we can't get him then Monroe would be good and if not him Patterson.
If the Jazz were to address the SF position it should be with either Babbitt or George. both can play two positions, Babbitt is 6'9, strong, so he can play 4 at times when small ball is called for, he has great handles and can create his own shot and has great range. He is more athletic than most people think, his vertical was 37.5 and his agility run was 11.0 both were among the best at the combine.
George would be a good choice too as he has good handles, can create off the dribble, has good range and is tall and long but can play the 2 or the 3.

OhCanada-
OhCanada-'s picture
Cousinsfan I don't think

Cousinsfan

I don't think Sloan cares if you are a rookie or a 5 year vet. Playing time will come with maturity and skill level not with experience because you have to gain experience somehow. Have you forgot Wesley Matthews starting against Kobe in the playoffs.Henry would most likely start, while AK would give them a much needed leader and spark off the bench.

Captain L
Re Mc_lovin

I think it is rediculous that you got minus 1 point for saying you liked Udoh. Who is this nerd that scores these posts.
Udoh makes way more sense than Henry, he fullfills a need and would have more impact as a rookie than Henry.

Captain L
Re7chakrasFindlay

Your way to in love with Henry's game my man!!! Henry is good but not good enough that he would start over AK or CJ. And like I just said, the Jazz need to draft the best player available and try to fill their biggest needs at the same time. Drafting Henry doesn't fullfill either one of those criteria. We don't need Henry, Period. Mathews and CJ are good enough to fill the 2 spot. CJ and Henry are like clones, If the Jazz fill a need to draft a 3 instead of a 4 , I can't see them drafting Henry over Babbitt or George.

butidonthavemoney
butidonthavemoney's picture
Cole

Cole Aldrich needs to be the pick. Utah has enough offense already, they need to get the best big defender in the draft. Solves their two biggest issues in size and shotblocking.

I'm starting to warm up to Udoh and Patterson.

My entire thought-process behind drafting a wing has been shaken. I was thinking Babbitt, but I'm starting to think there are better options. Would explain, but I have a headache. Here's my Jazz draft board for wings (as of this second, liable to change)...

1. Al-Farouq Aminu
  2. Luke Babbitt
  3. Xavier Henry
  4. Gordon Hayward
  5. Damion James
  6. Avery Bradley
  7. Paul George

Wesley Johnson, Evan Turner and John Wall aren't on this list for obvious reasons.

yellowdunker
yellowdunker's picture
I dont know seems like a

I dont know seems like a small line up to me Utah most need is interior Defense Wes at 6''5' Henry at 6''6' and Millsap at 6''8' is extreamly small for teams like the Lakers who is the front runners for the western conference for years to come so loosing Boozer this summer possibly and adding more premiter offence is not a good Idea i Would say Aldrich over Udoh beacause for 1 he's younger udoh at the age of 23 proably dosent have that much time before he's done developing into the player that he's gonna be for the rest of his career and for 2 aldrich really didnt messure well so his body is more into a PF position but can still play full-time C if needed plus he compared to good friend Greg Oystertag who played in Utah for years so of course theres ties there he looks like the pick........

butidonthavemoney
butidonthavemoney's picture
Aldrich

Aldrich doesn't play anything like Ostertag. There are a lot of differences between the two...

1. Aldrich is active.

There are more, but that's all you get.

Don't get me started on the measurements. Aldrich measured well. You don't play barefoot. He has been measured at 6'11" consistantly over the last three years. His standing reach is still outstanding. Dude has center size.

White Chocolate
From Hoopsworld's Yannis

From Hoopsworld's Yannis Koutroupis:

There were a lot of players who couldn't have been more uncomfortable in front of a mic, while others were well polished and articulate. From John Wall to Greivis Vasquez though, nobody's character and charisma stood out more than Xavier Henry. Henry's smile was cheek-to-cheek from the moment he walked in. He carried himself very well and seemed to enjoy the experience more than anyone else.

There is a very obvious fit for Henry at number nine with the Utah Jazz. In desperate need of a shooting guard with the talents of Henry, it's hard to imagine him going anywhere else come draft night. However, we all know that it takes a special type of person to play and succeed under Jerry Sloan. Sloan is very demanding and discipline oriented, but that won't bother Henry at all.

Coming from a strong program like Kansas Henry is ready to be a Jazz. His shooting, athleticism, and upside could earn him a position in their starting lineup from day one. That's why he'll remain in the ninth spot on my mock draft for the rest of the way, because he's the ideal backcourt mate for Deron Williams for the foreseeable future.

AllDayyy
CJ Miles is wayyyy to focused

CJ Miles is wayyyy to focused on promoting his rapper buddies and what I assume is his rap label. Guys a clown that needs to focus on basketball. Henry will be good, looking back I think he will be top 6 player to come out of this draft. Big fan, hoping he lands with Houston tho. Or in the perfect world falls to the Celtics, and yes I know, Never happen, not for nuthing, I be forever mackin

White Chocolate
Does anybody else agree with

Does anybody else agree with me that they think Utah is going to take a wing like Henry, Hayward, or Babbitt and trade for a late first round pick to get a power forward like Sanders, Brackins, or Lawal?

Mr.Knick 32
Mr.Knick 32's picture
Branden Haywood and Tyson

Branden Haywood and Tyson Chandler are getting way more then 5 mil a year, don't be foolish on that one.

What are you gonna trade back into the first round with?

richgates
With the uncertainty of

With the uncertainty of Memo's achilles recovery and Boozer heading to Free Agency, I am really thinking the Jazz are going to sign Aldrich or Udoh at 9.

White Chocolate
Knicksboy Haywood or Chandler

Knicksboy Haywood or Chandler would come to the Jazz for less money if they thoguht they could win a championship or one of them could come to the Jazz in a sign and trade or something because the Jazz have that 6.5 million trade exception from the Harpring trade, and the deal that I was thinking of is the Jazz trade a future 1st round pick to the Grizzlies for the #25 or #28 pick. Both teams would do that.

Mr.Knick 32
Mr.Knick 32's picture
Cousinsfan. There are not

Cousinsfan. There are not going to Utah believing they could win a title. That's a pipe dream man. Not only can they only offer them the MLE, they would be the only big to be going against a team with real bigs ( Lakers)

I say go big in the draft then attack the FA market for a wing and a bench big because there are so many bigs you can get. I would call Atlanta for Josh Childress if I was Utah.

White Chocolate
Knicksboy who are you to say

Knicksboy who are you to say that the Jazz won't win a championship because I don't think that the Knicks are going to win a title any time soon? By the way thanks for the 9th pick! I hope the Jazz take Henry at #9 and someone like Sanders at #25 or #28 if they can trade for an extra pick and then go for a big with the trade exception for the MLE. But, like you say it might go the exactly opposite.

Mr.Knick 32
Mr.Knick 32's picture
Cousinsfan, I love when Utah

Cousinsfan, I love when Utah fans get all rilled up. You know what

I hope Utah takes Xavier Henry or Paul George. First off, you need cap space to buy a 1st round pick so that's dead in the water there. Good luck going to meet Braden Haywood and Tyson Chandler and telling to go to a city noone wants to go to for 5 mil a season. Once they reject you, Good luck losing Carlos Boozer as well.

Now that I see this, I hope Henry is a Utah Jazz. I cannot wait. I hope the 9th pick was worth it. You get a slasher but lose your only 20-10 capable player. Starting Paul Millsap? Can't wait till LA rips you again with 7-0 Gasol and Bynum vs a 6-9 Millsap.

Hey, you guys have Fez and Koufos...maybe they could dance you into a title?

Plus, you wanna get a late 1st rounder and take 6-9 Larry Sanders? Good luck with that. BTW, the only Jazz fan I respect is ButIdonthavethemoney.

White Chocolate
Don't get mad Knicksboy just

Don't get mad Knicksboy just having a little fun. The Jazz probably won't take Henry, but I can hope cant' I? They will probably take Aldrich or Patterson which would be fine by me.

RSS: Syndicate content