With the 9th pick in the 2010 NBA Draft the Utah Jazz select Lamar Odom wait... I mean Ed Davis!

White Chocolate
White Chocolate's picture
With the 9th pick in the 2010 NBA Draft the Utah Jazz select Lamar Odom wait... I mean Ed Davis!

The title kind of says it all. I really believe that the Jazz are going to take Ed Davis with the 9th pick and I think he will be liek a Lamar Odom type of player. He has improved his shooting and he could contend with Millsap for the starting Power Forward position, but ultimately I think he will be the 6th man for Utah.

Mr.Knick 32
Mr.Knick 32's picture
I'm not trying to sound like

I'm not trying to sound like a Dick.

Ed Davis is nowhere near Lamar Odom. Lamar Odom is a big who can put the ball on the floor and can have a couple 6-8 assists games. Odom also has 3 point range. Ed Davis is clearly a big who is better inside as of a post player. Davis will near lead a team in assists in a NBA game nor will we ever see Davis bring the ball up the court. Odom is a 3/4 while Davis in the NBA will only be a 4.

I understand Udoh to Odom but Ed Davis is nowhere near Lamar Odom.

White Chocolate
White Chocolate's picture
Knicksboy I understand, but

Knicksboy I understand, but they have a lot of similarities too. Thye both rebound, they both are pretty good shooters, and they both are bigs and the same size.

Tyreke Johnson
Tyreke Johnson's picture
Are you comparing those two

Are you comparing those two players or just saying they are both a 6th man role on their respective teams. Either way thats stupid without being rude because Lamar can bring the ball up, go coast to coast, has 3 point range, versatile 3/4 man who at full potential could've been scary. Ed Davis is a PF who cannot shoot from the perimeter, does not even have a great post game, cannot dribble efficiently like Odom and does not have the potential Odom could have had as a player.

Mr.Knick 32
Mr.Knick 32's picture
Ed Davis is not a shooter.

Ed Davis is not a shooter. There's a difference shooting in a workout or practice then shooting with a defender in a game. Ed Davis will not be drafted to shoot jumpers. He will be asked to bang.

Yea there both bigs and they are the same size, doesn't mean they're comparable.

mess.eee
mess.eee's picture
Ed Davis = Lamar Odom ?

Ed Davis = Lamar Odom ?

Thats the dumbest thing ive heard in a while.

JazzinSLC
It might not happen in his first season...

But I think Ed Davis will end up being a pretty good NBA player. He could grow into a solid starting power forward, but at the very least, he will be a solid third big off the bench.

AllDayyy
You have either never seen

You have either never seen Lamar Odom play, or you've never seen Ed Davis play. Im guessing the latter considering Khloe just played in the finals.

Tyreke Johnson
Tyreke Johnson's picture
Yes I agree with the above

Yes I agree with the above poster, at full potential he could be a solid PF but if not could come off the bench and provide energy and defense but he is not like Odom at all lets just get that straight.

The Scare Crow ...
would you Jazz fans listen to butidonthavemoney and STFU
MagikKnick
MagikKnick's picture
lol, that comparison is

lol, that comparison is definitely a stretch, they play nothing alike..

JNixon
JNixon's picture
Exhibit A. It's never a good

Exhibit A. It's never a good idea to discuss players you've never seen play. Actually, I'm not sure where that came from at all considering you won't find a scouting report or even a Youtube highlight where they play comparably...

billyk
Wait, when did Lamar Odom get

Wait, when did Lamar Odom get a 3 point shot???

Mr.Knick 32
Mr.Knick 32's picture
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba
abriggs06
abriggs06's picture
Despite a poor choice of

Despite a poor choice of words, I think what Cousinsfann11 was trying to get at with the comparison was the potential IMPACT, not skill set.

sc0rebuckets11
sc0rebuckets11's picture
that must be some good stuff you have.

Seriously,

Ed Davis = Lamar Odom. HUH?

I'm not even sure if i've ever seen Ed Davis dribble the ball without having his back turned.

cyclo
Ed Davis is closer to Dale

Ed Davis is closer to Dale Davis in size and skill set.

plasticman
plasticman's picture
they have similar bodies I

they have similar bodies I think especially when Ed gets bigger. Thats the only similarity between the two. They can both rebound I suppose, but thats kinda a given for any big man hoping to be a good player.

morgatil
morgatil's picture
hmmm

Let's be real clear here.

There is no one in this draft that is over 6'9" who can dribble like a guard, can pass like a guard, has floor vision like a guard, could potentially be a top 10 guy in the league, and is ok with being the 3rd option night in and night out so he never gets blamed for a loss or win.

That last part was a knock on Odom's lack of work ethic and leadership, but seriously... you could maybe make a case for Monroe..... but he cannot handle the ball like Odom.

Ed Davis is not it.

Udoh is not it either.

CodySLC
CodySLC's picture
If i were to compair someone

If i were to compair someone to Lamar Odom in this draft it would be Greg Monroe. I see Davis as more of a Tyrus Thomas type player with his athleticism. He's still a really good player and i hope the jazz take him.

DMV_LeGenD
DMV_LeGenD's picture
How is Ed Davis similar to

How is Ed Davis similar to Lamar Odom? Ed Davis is a post player, while Lamar Odom is perimeter oriented. Lamar is also a lot stronger. Lamar also has a decent jump-shot. Ed Davis has no range on his jump-shot. Lamar is also a way better ball-handler than Ed Davis.

OrangeJuiceJones
OrangeJuiceJones's picture
I know it's already been

I know it's already been said, but there are very few -- if any -- similarities between Ed Davis and Lamar Odom.

I've never really liked Davis as a prospect. He's too skinny to bang inside, yet not skilled enough to play on the perimeter. The only reason he's even being considered as a lottery pick is because he is playing the "potential" card. IMO, he reminds me of Stromile Swift or Hakim Warrick.

JNixon
JNixon's picture
I don't understand why Greg

I don't understand why Greg Monroe is compared to Lamar Odom either. He's more along the LaMarcus Aldridge meets Pau Gasol line. Odom is also more athletic and perimeter oriented than Monroe is. No player in this draft is comparable to Odom.

Mr.Knick 32
Mr.Knick 32's picture
Greg Monroe to me is Vlade

Greg Monroe to me is Vlade Divac with more scoring ability

JNixon
JNixon's picture
Chris Webber? That's

Chris Webber? That's basically what Chris Webber was.

RSS: Syndicate content