In 5 years the top 10 PG's will be
Who do you guys see bieng the NBA's top 10 point guards in 5 years? FYI I dont include true combo's like Mayo and Evans, only people who I think will be true PG by then.
1. Derrick Rose- I dont even think its that close, he is the best pg prospect I've ever seen and isn't dissapointing in the least bit. My only concern about him is personality type, can he get out of his shell and be a vocal leader?
2. Chris Paul- only concern is knee problems, but he is going to be around for a while. Most efficient young PG in a long time, has a lot of Stockton in him but better scoring instincts.
3. Rajon Rondo- I flat out hate him for some reason, wether its because he went to UK or because he kills the heat. But he has the most unique game among point guards, and endless physical potential. My guess is in 5 years he will be at least a respectable shooter.
4. John Wall- He is going to be scary good. He is in that rare class IMO of draftees that are true locks to be stars. Kevin Durant, Carmelo, Derrick Rose, and Blake Griffin are in that category from me, those guys you just have no doubt about.
5. Russel Westbrook- Great athlete who is really learning how to play and gets better every game. The sky is the limit, has improved more than anybody on this list since he got into the league.
6. Deron Williams- I dont know why I underrate him, but I'm just not sure he is going to be able to do what he does now in 5 years. Milage and weight gain seem like they could take a toll on him, but he is such a solid all around player he will be fine.
7. Josh Selby- This kid is the most underrated 2010 kid IMO, and can flat GO.
8. Brandon Jennings- The guy is a winner, but he has to shoot better. Can take his team out of games, is a bit of a double edged sword at this point so it will be interesting to see how he develops. Works hard on his game, that much I can tell.
9.Goran Dragic- God do I love this guy. Might be the most fun to watch of all these guys when its all said and done.
10.Aaron Brooks- I'm not sure why I dont know more about his game, but people say he is really good. I've seen him a bit, this one is kind of a flyer. Rockets aren't really that interesting a team but keep pushing for the playoffs without Yao, so I figure he must be doing something right.
Honorable Mention- Ty Lawson, Toney Douglas, Brandon Knight, Kyrie Irving, Ricky Rubio, Johny Flynn
I disagree about a couple things.
I watched Ricky Rubio play some games last season overseas- He WILL be a top point guard in the NBA when he comes over. He's someone who I think whatever team takes him off of Minnesota's hands will have a pass first point guard for the next 10-15 seasons.
You listed Josh Selby but not Evans and Mayo?
Kyrie Ivring will be better then Selby in the NCAA and NBA. Ivring will be a superstar. He's someone who will be in the running for the 1st pick this year. He will probably be able to lead the NCAA's in assists next season.
Kyrie irving (attending duke)
Austin rivers (docs son)
Seth curry (steph lil bro and attending duke)
Russell westbrook( gotta put em up here) hahaha
Honorable mentions- jonny flynn, tony parker, kory joseph, brandon knight, josh selby,doron lamb, darren collison..to name a few
Gotta put Evans on there to..mayo doesn't count at least not yet gotta wait til he proves he can make the transition..until then he's a natural sg or combo guard
16 and 6 1st year not good enough?potential 20 and 8
It's a little early for this list especially since John Wall hasn't played a real game yet, and Westbrook will be just as good, if not better than, Rondo.
Those preschoolers you mentioned could be trash tooo...we don't even know what they can do in real games...High School means nothing...just stop that crap...
Top Ten In no order...
Rondo, Rose, Holiday, Curry, Jennings, Westbrook, Mayo, Wall, Rubio(with The Raptors) and Flynn(with the Knicks)...Those two will be bounced from Minny soon ...
John wall is elite not picked number 1 for no reason.real hoopers kan tell who's gonna be clean and who's not.
Wow Knicks boy if you think Mayo is anything close to a PG you are flat out wrong. I'd List Dwade and Brandon Roy as PG's before I ever listed Mayo. Mayo's a sick defender and scorer but his PG skills are non existent. He's a 2 guard through and through. I don't care if he's been working on his PG's skills, any team in which he's the PG will be in trouble.
Wow Knicks boy if you think Mayo is anything close to a PG you are flat out wrong.
You obviously MISSED the point I was trying to make. Selby is a combo guard. Why would you say " I'm not listing 2 combo guards" then list Josh Selby- who to this point, has not shown above average play making ability?
You guys are right. Deron Williams is going to forget how to shoot and run an NBA team. Besides in 5 years he will be like 40.
So you guys deserve a big...
Evans ain't a pg but mayo is?? Hahaha wow
Rubio ain't shit he's hella overated by ppl like you..wait til he gets to tha league he's gonna get dogged by the pgs in the league..I hope he ends up in a run n gun system kus he's not a half court player..twolves are so dumb for not takin curry or jennings or even holiday or even collison over him..I bet they end u having better careers than him..he didn't show me shit in the 08 olympics I know he wus 17 but for all tha hype he got he wus clearly overrated..(patty mills played way better than him in the 08 olympics by tha way he came off the bench)
And did knicksboy seriously just give props to a foreign player?
I never thought I would see the day... Haha
WOW! so you have Goran Dragic who is older and less proven over Stephen Curry? And how can Darren Williams rank only #6, hes not going to "wear down" 5 years from now, that guy is strong as a bull and hes the same age as Chris Paul so I dont get the idea of him wearing down in 5 years.
Lol, I'm never high on Euro prospects to be honest.
I saw Rubio play against a highly rated Euro team and this man was honestly looking like a taller Steve Nash. I don't want to call him a superstar or anything but he's going to have a amazing impact in the NBA. He's going to have issues against some players, he will have to improve his foot speed on defense but on Offense, I think he's going to have like 8 assists in his rookie season.
I like him so much- I would throw a nice deal for him if I was a GM.
I remember having some heating discussions with you back in the day about Rubio...
There is something special about the way he plays. He has a uniqueness to his game that we hardly ever see in the NBA anymore.
Rubio is overrated he's gonna get broke down by everyguard in tha nba..the only way he thrives is in a run n gun system ala nelly or d'antoni system..he has decent handles and pretty good vision..thas not good enuff to be elite
Yes, I didn't see it back then. He had that " I'm the best player on the court feel" and he wasn't even dominating. He seemed to have that flash when he touched the ball. I just think he's someone along with Jan Vesely ( who AK47 lite) will bring some of these GM back to loving the Euros again.
If I was a team like Golden State, New York or even San Antonio: I'm putting deals together to get him.
rubio has no d and hes frail
When's the last time you saw him play? He is not frail. I was watching him like a couple months ago. He's gotten a little bigger and sorta has that " I'm know I'm not a good defender but I know the defensive angles" thing with him.
in no specific order........chris paul,deron willams.....cant believe u had d-will 6th on ya list ......derrick rose,rajon rondo,russel westbrook.john wall,brandon jennings ,,steph curry ,johnny flyn...aron brooks
Rubio is a very good defender IMO. He draws charges, plays passing lanes and pick-pockets people with his freak wingspan. He creates a ton of turnovers. It's not like I've ever seen another point guard light him up either.
Keep in mind in the Olympics that he was playing with a broken right (his shooting) wrist and he still played very good against the USA.
Two Words: You Serious?
Two words: Andy. Rautins.
rubio has good size he's 6"4 long arms put on sum weight I seen him..he has all tha gifts but where's the skill..don't forget he's playing against weak ass euros who are 30 n older..usa basketball nba basketball is totally different..there's a star pg on damn near every team..there are no nights off in the nba..its a point guard league.. oh and by tha way DIRK is the best Euro of all time hands down
1. Rondo - His game will be rounded out with a 3-point shot most likely as he'll be carrying this team.
2. Chris Paul - He may not develop a top notch 3 point shot but he'll be on a better team and his abilities will look that much better.
3. Derrick Rose - Any kind of consistent jumper and he's golden.
4. John Wall - See him being the second coming of Marbury without the obvious mental issues...
5. Deron Williams - I think he's peaked in terms of skill but that does not make him bad. It just means he's already a very complete and very very good point guard.
6. Brandon Jennings - Might have lied about Wall. Jennings is the second coming of Marbury with the mental issues.
7. George Hill - In 5 years, he'll be what Tony Parker was about 2 years ago.
8. Darren Collison - He's already shown that he can play at a high level and when Paul is eventually shipped elsewhere, he'll have his time to become one of the better point guards in the West.
9. Marquis Teague - He's better than his brother Jeff and he'll have the college pedigree aka Coach Cal that will put him on the track to being a superstar.
10. Ricky Rubio - When he does come over, he'll probably play a role similar to Steve Nash. I just can't see him playing it at the level that Steve does.
I left out Curry and Tyreke because I truly believe that their future position will be at shooting guard. Wade played point his first couple of seasons but the burden of having to do everything on offense will eventually start to hinder their best asset which is scoring.
Even before Wall burst into the scene, Evans shook off the 'tweener' mark on him, Curry flourished under Nelson's system, and before Jennings proved the doubters wrong. It was Rubio that was getting all the hype!
Remember this was a kid that was the youngest player to ever play in Spain's highest level of basketball at the age of 14. Also been compared to Pistol Pete, whom he's studied countless times. So you know the kid can play with a lot of flash if needed. The thing about Ricky is how well he understands the game of basketball, and realizes that the game isn't an individual one on one fiasco. IF he needs to, he will dominate (as evident in his 16U Spain performance against Russia where he scored 51 pts, grabbed 24 rebounds, had 12 assists and 7 steals!!!)
Please don't think of Rubio as an after thought. It's great seeing these young and talented PG's come into the league, but not a lot of them have the experience, nor the intangibles that this kid has had for a long time.
I'm telling you, everybody is sleeping on Freddette! Good call though bribar5, that guy is gonna be good.
However, it's way too early to make a top 10 list for 5 years down the line
Frankly, I think he'll age much better than Chris Paul will, his game is not nearly as dependent on athleticism and quickness, and he also doesn't have a history of injury problems. Plus it's not like he will be ancient in 5 years, he just turned 26, which would make him 31 at the time of this list. In my opinion, as long as Paul and Williams both avoid injuries they will remain the best 2 point guards in the league by a wide margin, even 5 years from now.
its WAY WAY WAY to early to tell, but our predictions are welcomed!
This list is trash. Selby? LOL OMG he hasn't even played a damn college game yet and you have him at 7...He's not even a true pg anyway.
You have Dragic on the list, but not Curry, he didn't even get mentioned in your list.
Here they go with this Freddette guy again, LMAO...you will be disappointed
Have you guys lost your minds?
Youre saying noone is going to emerge as a number draft pick at PG other than Selby and Teague. 5 years of drafts and not 1 person will emerge? We are talking about guys like Terrence Joseph that could be drafted 5 years from now at PG. Or even Duane Notice.
Please don't get too ahead of yourselves because its just silly to talk 5 years from now.
1. Deron Williams - He is the best point guard in the NBA now what makes you think he won't be in his prime.
2. Derrick Rose - I like the way he plays and he will be better with the additions of Boozer, Korver, and Brewer.
3. Chris Paul - Great player a top 3 point guard he will probably be traded he will remain #3 in my list regardless of where he goes.
4. Rajon Rondo - He is a great ball handler he will be great if he can develope a shot he will be a top 3 point guard.
5. Stephen Curry - Great shooter perfect for a system like Golden State. He is going to be a great player.
6. Brandon Jennings - He will do better as the time passes, once he really gets some chemistry he is going to be a great player.
7. Tyreke Evans - Even though I think he is a shooting guard he has to be on this list. Him and Cousins will be a great duo for years to come.
8. Russell Westbrook - Good player very athletic and he has a great running mate in Durant he will be good.
9. Aaron Brooks - Not sold on him yet, but he has a good supporting cast and he will be good for years to come.
10. John Wall - I think he could be good in this league, but time will tell.
You can't put Kyrie Irving, Brandon Knight, or Josh Selby in the top 10 right now because we haven't even seen them play a college game. You could put Jameer Nelson on this list, but I am not sold that he would be good if he didn't play with Dwight Howard and I say that because I think he could be traded to the Hornets in a deal for Chris Paul.