This topic contains 15 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by festar35festar35 festar35 5 years, 8 months ago.

• Author
    SmooveKRYPT
    Participant

Now that we’re likely past the movement stage of the summer…who are your early picks for the 12 Eastern and Western All-Star spots?

East:
    G-
    G-
    F/C-
    F/C-
    F/C-
    6-
    7-
    8-
    9-
    10-
    11-
    12-

West:
    G-
    G-
    F/C-
    F/C-
    F/C-
    6-
    7-
    8-
    9-
    10-
    11-
    12-

festar35festar35
    festar35
    Participant

East:
    G- Kyrie Irving (I think Boston will be top seed at this point and they need an All-Star starter)
    G- Ben Simmons (He will get a lot of Australia votes and I imaginehis numbers will be better)
    F/C- Giannis Antetokoumpo (MVP candidate)
    F/C- Kawhi Leonard (I really think he will have something prove)
    F/C- Joel Embiid (Popularity is the name of the game – Embiid is the guy)
    6- Victor Oladipo (I wanted to put him in starters, but he will need to do something real special to get there)
    7- Jayson Tatum
    8- Blake Griffin
    9- John Wall
    10- Gordon Hayward
    11- Bradley Beal
    12- Myles Turner or Andre Drummond or Kevin Love (I really can’t make my mind up – record could come into play here)

West:
    G- Stephen Curry
    G- James Harden
    F/C- Kevin Durant
    F/C- LeBron James
    F/C- Anthony Davis
    6- Russell Westbrook
    7- Paul George
    8- Nikola Jokic
    9- Donovan Mitchell
    10- Demar Derozan
    11- LaMarcus Aldridge
    12- Rudy Gobert or Draymond Green

SubZero
      Participant

No KAT or Butler?

festar35festar35
        festar35
        Participant

If Minnesota suddenly start to gel then I could potentially see Butler over Mitchell & KAT getting that 12th spot on the roster.

BeastMode716
    Participant

Really the Top 3 are miles ahead (Boston, Toronto & Phila) & then the next 3 (Milwaukee, Indiana & Washington) – I think just about all the ALL Stars will come from these 6 teams 

East Starters: 

G- Kyrie Irving; G- Ben Simmons; F/C Giannis Antetokouempo; F/C Kawhi Leonard; F/C Joel Embiid

Reserves:

Al Horford; Kyle Lowry; John Wall; Bradley Beal; Victor Oladipo; Myles Turner; Blake Griffin

(No disrespect to Hayward & Tatum, I just think it’s gonna take Hayward time to shake the rust off & Boston has So much talent it’s gonna be hard to put up Crazy #’s that 2nd year player Tatum would need plus you know there is always some bias against the younger players & finally Porzingus is still hurt otherwise he’d be in the mix too) 

West Starters: 

G- Steph Curry; G- James Harden; F/C Lebron James; F/C Unibrow Davis; F/C Kevin Durant

Reserves: LaMarcus Aldridge; Klay Thompson; Jimmy Butler; Karl Anthony Towns; Paul George, Russ Westbrook; Damian Lillard

The West is Outrageously hard to pick!!! I plugged Aldridge in over Draymond b/c the Spurs are now set up to work thru Aldridge in the post – I think Derozan will be Fantastic w/ the Spurs – dude was ALL NBA 2nd team last year but they’ll be some growing pains getting acclimated so I put Klay Thompson in instead of Derozan — Klay Avg 20 ppg on 44% 3pt shooting – dude is Crazy efficient & a Lock down Perimeter defender for the World Champs!

I left Mitchell off b/c there is So much Crazy Vet talent in the West, I just don’t see how he gets on this year but the kid will Def be a mainstay in the years to come (just like Tatum). I kept Jimmy Butler & KAT b/c I think Minnesota has played together a full year & I believe these guys are going to Kill it. We forget that Minnesota was a 3rd seed inthe West for most of the year until Butler got hurt down the stretch 

And I HAD to keep Lillard on – dude is 1st team ALL NBA

BeastMode716
    Participant

Really the Top 3 are miles ahead (Boston, Toronto & Phila) & then the next 3 (Milwaukee, Indiana & Washington) – I think just about all the ALL Stars will come from these 6 teams 

East Starters: 

G- Kyrie Irving; G- Ben Simmons; F/C Giannis Antetokouempo; F/C Kawhi Leonard; F/C Joel Embiid

Reserves:

Al Horford; Kyle Lowry; John Wall; Bradley Beal; Victor Oladipo; Myles Turner; Blake Griffin

(No disrespect to Hayward & Tatum, I just think it’s gonna take Hayward time to shake the rust off & Boston has So much talent it’s gonna be hard to put up Crazy #’s that 2nd year player Tatum would need plus you know there is always some bias against the younger players & finally Porzingus is still hurt otherwise he’d be in the mix too) 

West Starters: 

G- Steph Curry; G- James Harden; F/C Lebron James; F/C Unibrow Davis; F/C Kevin Durant

Reserves: LaMarcus Aldridge; Klay Thompson; Jimmy Butler; Karl Anthony Towns; Paul George, Russ Westbrook; Damian Lillard

The West is Outrageously hard to pick!!! I plugged Aldridge in over Draymond b/c the Spurs are now set up to work thru Aldridge in the post – I think Derozan will be Fantastic w/ the Spurs – dude was ALL NBA 2nd team last year but they’ll be some growing pains getting acclimated so I put Klay Thompson in instead of Derozan — Klay Avg 20 ppg on 44% 3pt shooting – dude is Crazy efficient & a Lock down Perimeter defender for the World Champs!

I left Mitchell off b/c there is So much Crazy Vet talent in the West, I just don’t see how he gets on this year but the kid will Def be a mainstay in the years to come (just like Tatum). I kept Jimmy Butler & KAT b/c I think Minnesota has played together a full year & I believe these guys are going to Kill it. We forget that Minnesota was a 3rd seed inthe West for most of the year until Butler got hurt down the stretch 

BeastMode716
    Participant

East Starters: 

Reserves:

West Starters: 

BeastMode716
    Participant

East Starters: 

Reserves:

West Starters: 

BeastMode716
    Participant

There is Such a drop off in the East after the Top 6 teams –  Really the Top 3 are miles ahead (Boston, Toronto & Phila) & then the next 3 (Milwaukee, Indiana & Washington) – I think just about all the ALL Stars will come from these 6 teams 

East Starters: 

Reserves:

West Starters: 

The Goat
    Participant

Wow Beastmode716, repeat posts are common but 5 has gotta be a record

West: Curry Harden Durant James Davis

Westbrook Lillard  Thompson George Green Jokic Gobert

West 2nd team! : CP3, Mitchell, Holiday, Conley, DeRozan, Butler, KAT, McCullom, Aldridge, Harris, Millsap, Gasol

Booker and no doubt more I’ve forgotten still miss out – crazy.

East – Kyrie, Simmons, Kawhi, Giannis, Embiid
    Wall Oladipo Middleton Griffin Tatum Hayward Horford  </p
    Next in line: Markannen, Drummond, Dragic, Kemba, Porzingis, Kanter, Beal, Saric

BeastMode716
      Participant

I don’t even know what the hell I did….. 

Really sorry fella’s

Evan_Milberg
    Participant

Assuming everyone stays healthy:

East

Starters: Irving, Oladipo, Leonard, Antetokounmpo, Embiid

Bench: Simmons, Wall, Beal, Middleton, Tatum, Griffin, Drummond

West 

Starters: Curry, Harden, Durant, James, Davis

Bench: Westbrook, Lillard, Paul, Mitchell, Green, Towns, Jokic

Hitster
    Participant

The West is going to be so loaded when you see the likes of Jimmy Butler not making a fair number of benches and liewise with CP3.

The names listed above would all be in my mix so I won’t put a team together for the sake of it.

I’ll be interested to see if players like Brown and Tatum could push for a spot potentially ahead of say a returning Gordon Hayward.

K-Love and Blake Griffin could put up good numbers but would need to stay sound and might voters look more for newer all stars rather than the same old names.

I don’t see a rookie making the All Star game either.

r377r377
    r377
    Participant

As my underdog pick I am picking Tobias Harris over Lamarcus Aldridge.

llperez

im not gonna take fan popularity into my starters…

west:

steph curry, james harden, lebron james, kevin durant, anthony davis

chris paul, russ westbrook, klay thompson, karl anthony towns, paul george, damian lillard, lamarcus aldridge

east:

greek freak, joel embid, kawhi leonard, kyrie irving, john wall

andre drummond, blake griffin, bradley beal, victor oladipo, kevin love, ben simmons, kemba walker

OhCanada-
    Participant

East

Starters: Irving, Oladipo, Leonard, Antetokounmpo, Embiid

Bench: Simmons, Wall, Lowry, Middleton, Love, Griffin/Drummond, Horford

Backups: Beal, Griffin/Drummond, Walker

West

Starters: Curry, Harden, Durant, James, Davis

Bench: Westbrook, Lillard, Paul, Derozan, Aldridge, Gobert, Jokic

Backups: George, Butler, Kat, Mccollum, Conley, Gasol, etc. etc. etc.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login