This topic contains 9 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar OhCanada- 6 years ago.

• Author
    KIP Baller
    Participant

If we had a 2017 re-draft today I think it would look a lot like this based on team need and what we know now about each player. Agree or disagree?

Philly: Mitchell – Guard the 1 and play the wing next to Simmons.

LAL: Tatum – Potential go-to scorer to play alongside Ingram

Boston: Markkenan – Could be a great compliment to Horford and leave the 3 spot open for Hayward when he returns. Would have taken Tatum if available. Maybe Josh Jackson but they still see him as too similar to Jaylen Brown.

Suns: Josh Jackson – They get the guy the always wanted to compliment Booker. 

Sac: Dennis Smith – They need a pg/star and he has been the best of the bunch.

Orlando: Kuzma – Best player available even though he plays same position as Gordon.

Chicago: Fultz – Still shows enough upside to take the risk. Can maybe play with Dunn due to size. 

NY: Fox – Get the pg they can build around without the drama of Ball.

Dallas: Ball – They need a PG and maybe hope that Dirk/Cuban/Carlisle can contain Lavaar.

Portland: Zach Collins – It seems like they still like this pick.

Charlotte: Dillon Brooks – Best player available. Better fit than Monk.

Detroit: Monk – Need some offensive firepower desperately 

Utah: John Collins – Get total screwed here but go with best player available. Maybe Kennard hoping he can replace Hayward. 

RUDEBOY-
    Participant

I remember days b4 the draft There was Talk that Orlando was high on Smith. And the Knicks were looking closely at Mitchell & Smith. But Phil had a History of wanting tall point guards. So wasn’t surprised he took Frank.I felt Dillion Brooks should’ve been a 1st rounder. But extremely happy my GRIZZLIES got him. 

The Goat
    Participant

Hindsight is great. Good job, id have John Collins higher for sure.

No one had Mitchell even close to #1. Fultz was a consesus top 3 pick if not #1. I think Boston were the only team to state they had their player (Tatum) selected irrespective of draft position. People scratched their heads, but they know what they are doing. They slightly surprised with Jaylen Brown and Terry Rozier when they were drafted too but they were on the money. 

It just shows what publicity – good or bad can do – Lonzo Ball should never have been in contention for top pick and his brothers shouldnt be drafted at all. 

holefillers1
    Participant

Jonathan Isaac has battled injuries all year.  Still no way he falls below Brooks or Kennard or Zach Collins.  Orlando LOVES his upside…read an article

OhCanada-
    Participant

KIP Baller your breaking the forum rules here. You can bash on Lonzo Ball all you want for his terrible percentages and passive play but dont mention Fultz because he needs time and patience. Didnt you get the memo?

OhCanada-
    Participant

1 Philly: Donavan Mitchell

2 LAL: Jayson Tatum

3 Boston: Lauri Markannen

4 Suns: Dennis Smith Jr.

5 Sac: Deaaron Fox

6 Orlando: Lonzo Ball

7 Chicago: Josh Jackson

8: Markelle Fultz

9 Dallas: Kyle Kuzma

10 Portland: Jonathan Isaac

11 Charlotte: Bam Adebayo

12 Detroit: John Collins

13 Utah: OG Anunoby

14 Miami: Jarrett Allen

15 Sacramento: Jordan Bell

CU.LIONS
    Participant

Mitchell next to Simmons would be good, but Tatum next to Simmons would be much better. A great offensive talent, who does not need to dominate the ball who is a top defensive player as well. 

Endlessknight
    Participant

Way to soon for this.

OhCanada-
      Participant

I agree but with Bryan Colengelo drafting he would mess that up.

The Goat
    Participant

For teh record, Bam Adebayo has looked pretty good too

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login