This topic contains 46 replies, has 17 voices, and was last updated by r377r377 r377 7 years, 10 months ago.

• Author
    ChicagoCasey
    Participant

1.) Josh Jackson – A lot want to compare him to Andrew Wiggins, but I see a totally different prospect. Andrew Wiggins had more bounce, but Jackson is more skilled. Jackson is a much better passer and ball handler than Wiggins. I would compare him to more of a Scottie Pippen/TMac than Wiggins.

2.) Markelle Fultz – I can see him being the number one pick next year given the fact that he keeps getting better every game he plays vs. elite competition. At Washington he should have a D’Angelo Russell type season, which he would be the focal point of the offense and have the chance to showcase his skills. I kinda hope he plays for the Sixers, perfect fit with Ben Simmons.

3.) Harry Giles – When healthy he might be the best prospect in this draft. But, he had 2 major knee injuries that had him miss two years already. It’s a wait and see type of situation.with him. He can really play in the post and is able to stretch the floor as well. A total matchup nightmare for opposing college bigs.

4.) Lonzo Ball – Very unique player. More athletic than I thought he was when watching his games/highlights. Can do it all on the court. He have the perfect set up at UCLA to have major success there if UCLA coach don’t mess it up and have his son as the primary ball handler. UCLA is a sleeper team to win it all if Ball plays up to expectations. 

5.) Jonathan Isaac – I’m probably higher than him than most. He’s a 6’10" SF that can really stroke it from deep, can handle the ball pretty well for a guy of his size, and is pretty athletic. Most will probably have Jayson Tatum as a better pro prospect, but he have better pro qualities than Tatum.

6.) Frank Ntilikina – This point guard class is outstanding. He was the best basketball player at the camp in Toronto during the All Star Break featuring DeAndre Ayton and other top overseas players. He can really run an offense. I have to see more of him to get a better understanding of his game.

7.) Ivan Rabb – I believe he made a really smart decision in coming back to college. He can really have a Blake Grffin like year at Cal, not saying he will be Blake. This can move him up draft boards big time. His draft status will be influenced by how much weight he had put on this offseason. 

8.) Jayson Tatum – I know I might catch flack for the comp., but I see Demar Derozan in Tatum. That’s not a bad thing, but that’s not a top 5 pick in this years draft class. They both take really ineffecient shots and score in the exact same way, from the exact same spots. His mid range game is on point, but he goes from a good shot to a bad shot all the time. He can make tough shots and is a really smoove game.

9.) Dennis Smith – You have to wait and see with him as you do with Giles. He is a really explosive guard that would remind you of a Westbrook/Rose, in terms of bounce. He will get buckets in college by him being the main threat on their roster. In any other draft he would go top 5, maybe top 3, but this is an impressively deep draft.

10.) OG Anunoby – Very impressive make up for the perfect 3 and d prospect that can play on the wing and aslo the strech 4. He’s 6’8" 215 pounds that shoots the ball at an very impressive rate last season. He should have a 40" vert. when he measures in at the combine. Elite defensive upside.

11.) Bam Adebayo

12.) Malik Monk

13.) De’Aaron Fox

14.)Tyler Lydon

15.) Miles Bridges 

dudo670
    Participant

Anunoby could so good.. awesome frame and elite athleticism combined with a solid shooting foundation, seems to have a decent feel for the game. I also really like Tyler Lydon’s game as a stretch four and better version of Ryan Anderson (maybe not as lethal of a shooter but much better all around player). I also like Rabb a lot, I think he made a smart decision to come back to Cal for his sophomore year because I want to see him polish his game more and use his athleticism to become better defensively.

dudo670
    Participant

Anunoby could so good.. awesome frame and elite athleticism combined with a solid shooting foundation, seems to have a decent feel for the game. I also really like Tyler Lydon’s game as a stretch four and better version of Ryan Anderson (maybe not as lethal of a shooter but much better all around player). I also like Rabb a lot, I think he made a smart decision to come back to Cal for his sophomore year because I want to see him polish his game more and use his athleticism to become better defensively.

TRC1991
    Participant

Nice, I count 3 non freshman. Lydon, Anunoby and Rabb.

By year 2020 the entire first round will be compiled of college freshmen who prove nothing (Davis, Labissiere) against actual adult basketball players but have Length! Don’t you dare forget about that length now!!

TRC1991
    Participant

Nice, I count 3 non freshman. Lydon, Anunoby and Rabb.

By year 2020 the entire first round will be compiled of college freshmen who prove nothing (Davis, Labissiere) against actual adult basketball players but have Length! Don’t you dare forget about that length now!!

Untouchable J
    Participant

If Dennis Smith is healthy, he is a throwback to the AI, Francis, Marbury ilk of PGs. Before guys were built like tanks and/or overaly tall, just that classic playground-ish and lightning quick, scorers and ball handlers.

I see him going top 5 easy.

Untouchable J
    Participant

If Dennis Smith is healthy, he is a throwback to the AI, Francis, Marbury ilk of PGs. Before guys were built like tanks and/or overaly tall, just that classic playground-ish and lightning quick, scorers and ball handlers.

I see him going top 5 easy.

Hype Machine

Close to 50% of the 2016 draft was internationals and that trend is moving upwards.

So Im not on board with a lottery so heavy with Americans.

Until draft sites address their international scouting shortcomings, I’m not taking much notice of their mocks.

TripleDoubleScout
      Participant

I agree with you in general, but keep in mind that 2016 was an incredibly weak draft overall, which is why you saw all the college seniors and record number of internationals, some of whom will be "draft and stash" prospects. Definitely won’t be the case in a very strong 2017 draft class…

TripleDoubleScout
      Participant

I agree with you in general, but keep in mind that 2016 was an incredibly weak draft overall, which is why you saw all the college seniors and record number of internationals, some of whom will be "draft and stash" prospects. Definitely won’t be the case in a very strong 2017 draft class…

Hype Machine

Close to 50% of the 2016 draft was internationals and that trend is moving upwards.

So Im not on board with a lottery so heavy with Americans.

Until draft sites address their international scouting shortcomings, I’m not taking much notice of their mocks.

PrecociousNeophyte
    Participant

Don’t be surprised if Jonathan Isaac goes #1

TripleDoubleScout
      Participant

I don’t know about #1 overall, but people here are sleeping big time on Issac. The highest upside of anyone in the 2017 draft. 

TripleDoubleScout
      Participant

I don’t know about #1 overall, but people here are sleeping big time on Issac. The highest upside of anyone in the 2017 draft. 

PrecociousNeophyte
    Participant

Don’t be surprised if Jonathan Isaac goes #1

OhCanada-
    Participant

I’ve got Malik Monk, Miles Bridges and Deaaron Fox much higher. Fox is usually higher but I think Monk and Bridges are being slept on.

OhCanada-
    Participant

I’ve got Malik Monk, Miles Bridges and Deaaron Fox much higher. Fox is usually higher but I think Monk and Bridges are being slept on.

OhCanada-
    Participant

I don’t know who you take off but I feel like Hartenstien and Yurtseven have lottery potential next year as well.

OhCanada-
    Participant

I don’t know who you take off but I feel like Hartenstien and Yurtseven have lottery potential next year as well.

kobyz
    Participant

What about my boy TJ Leaf?

kobyz
    Participant

What about my boy TJ Leaf?

Mr. 19134
    Participant

Monk and Tatum my 2 favorite prospects in this draft atm.  Dennis Smith could supplant them.

Mr. 19134
    Participant

Monk and Tatum my 2 favorite prospects in this draft atm.  Dennis Smith could supplant them.

binet
    Participant

Last time a french guy was in the top 10 in mocks at the beginning of the season was Rudy Gobert, and even if he ended up taken very late that’s telling a lot about prospect hype in that country: these guys are no joke. Gobert should have been taken in the top 5 that year easily, and it was easier than Giannis to have faith in his talent.

Ntilikina is the first player I heard of since Tony Parker who is playing in France Pro A at his age. And even if behind former NBAer Rodrigue Beaubois he did not get much playing time last year, his team is probably the best team in France.

I think if next year he puts up minutes and numbers on par with what Tony Parker did at his age (30+mpg, 10+ppg), he will be in contention for #1 and probably even be #1. (A 17 to 18 year kid starting over Beaubois in Euroleague? That would be way more significant that what any of the upcoming freshmen could do… Odds are he will not start though.)

Endlessknight
      Participant

As a Sixers’ fan Ntilikina is already #1 on my 2017 wishlist.

Endlessknight
      Participant

As a Sixers’ fan Ntilikina is already #1 on my 2017 wishlist.

binet
    Participant

Last time a french guy was in the top 10 in mocks at the beginning of the season was Rudy Gobert, and even if he ended up taken very late that’s telling a lot about prospect hype in that country: these guys are no joke. Gobert should have been taken in the top 5 that year easily, and it was easier than Giannis to have faith in his talent.

Ntilikina is the first player I heard of since Tony Parker who is playing in France Pro A at his age. And even if behind former NBAer Rodrigue Beaubois he did not get much playing time last year, his team is probably the best team in France.

I think if next year he puts up minutes and numbers on par with what Tony Parker did at his age (30+mpg, 10+ppg), he will be in contention for #1 and probably even be #1. (A 17 to 18 year kid starting over Beaubois in Euroleague? That would be way more significant that what any of the upcoming freshmen could do… Odds are he will not start though.)

Hitster
    Participant

Next year’s draft looks very International and also PG heavy at the top of the draft, so any good frontcourters out there could shoot up the draft.

I’m looking forward to seeing Josh Jackson in action at Kansas, he looks a very exciting prospect and has been compared to Wiggins and a young T-Mac. I know it is early but I think top spot is his to lose.

Ivan Rabb I feel will benefit from another year in college draft stockwise as he was a likely lottery pick this year and as one of the top bigs in next year’s draft should be even more NBA ready.

The wildcard could be Frenchman Jonathan Jeanne who is 7ft 2ins and has an amazing wingspan, he needs to add bulk but with teams fixiated by length and Euro bigs seeming to be back in vogue post Darko era, he is the sort of guy who like Thon Maker could go anywhere in a draft.

On a fun note when will 2018 mocks be on the sites.

Hitster
    Participant

Next year’s draft looks very International and also PG heavy at the top of the draft, so any good frontcourters out there could shoot up the draft.

I’m looking forward to seeing Josh Jackson in action at Kansas, he looks a very exciting prospect and has been compared to Wiggins and a young T-Mac. I know it is early but I think top spot is his to lose.

Ivan Rabb I feel will benefit from another year in college draft stockwise as he was a likely lottery pick this year and as one of the top bigs in next year’s draft should be even more NBA ready.

The wildcard could be Frenchman Jonathan Jeanne who is 7ft 2ins and has an amazing wingspan, he needs to add bulk but with teams fixiated by length and Euro bigs seeming to be back in vogue post Darko era, he is the sort of guy who like Thon Maker could go anywhere in a draft.

On a fun note when will 2018 mocks be on the sites.

SwatLakeCity
    Participant

The 2017 draft looks really deep right now but I think by the time it rolls we won’t be saying the same thing. By then we will see how the high school seniors/potential one and done’s turn out, we will know who decides to go back for another year,  and which international players decide to not come out. All of that will really drop and help other players rise. So I’ll just play the wait and see game with every prospect.

SwatLakeCity
    Participant

The 2017 draft looks really deep right now but I think by the time it rolls we won’t be saying the same thing. By then we will see how the high school seniors/potential one and done’s turn out, we will know who decides to go back for another year,  and which international players decide to not come out. All of that will really drop and help other players rise. So I’ll just play the wait and see game with every prospect.

reanimator
    Participant

Bridges reminds me of PJ Tucker. I don’t see him as one and done.

Cliff Alexander……Cheick Diallo…….Bam Adebayo?

My top 4 Josh Jackson/Markelle Fultz/ Harry Giles/Frank Ntilikina.

Isaac, Smith, Ball, Tatum, and Mushidi are in the next tier, for me. Like Allen and Rabb as bigmen.

Guys like OG, Hayes, Ray Smith, Edmond Sumner, Vasilis and Shake Milton are all guys I hope can rise.

reanimator
    Participant

Bridges reminds me of PJ Tucker. I don’t see him as one and done.

Cliff Alexander……Cheick Diallo…….Bam Adebayo?

My top 4 Josh Jackson/Markelle Fultz/ Harry Giles/Frank Ntilikina.

Isaac, Smith, Ball, Tatum, and Mushidi are in the next tier, for me. Like Allen and Rabb as bigmen.

Guys like OG, Hayes, Ray Smith, Edmond Sumner, Vasilis and Shake Milton are all guys I hope can rise.

r377r377
    r377
    Participant

No one has mentioned Thomas Bryant ?

I am keeping an eye on Harry Giles. Good speed and agile for 6″10, has some post moves, can block shots, can put the ball on the floor and looks like he has some range on his shot….

r377r377
    r377
    Participant

No one has mentioned Thomas Bryant ?

I am keeping an eye on Harry Giles. Good speed and agile for 6″10, has some post moves, can block shots, can put the ball on the floor and looks like he has some range on his shot….

circumlocution75
    Participant

the 2017 Draft class for Months —- the Talent level is Off the Charts —– I saw one scout on Twitter post

that Every prospect in the Top 10 of 2017 would have went No lower than #3 in the 2016 Draft.

The Small Forward & Point Guards spots are Insanely loaded  —— Markelle Fultz, Lonzo Ball, Dennis Smith, DeAaron Fox & this French kid from Rhawanda Frank Ntilikina is Flying up the Draft Boards.

We’ll see how they perform —- I’m sure one or two will fall off but it looks pretty exciting for teams in desperate need of young talent

circumlocution75
    Participant

the 2017 Draft class for Months —- the Talent level is Off the Charts —– I saw one scout on Twitter post

that Every prospect in the Top 10 of 2017 would have went No lower than #3 in the 2016 Draft.

The Small Forward & Point Guards spots are Insanely loaded  —— Markelle Fultz, Lonzo Ball, Dennis Smith, DeAaron Fox & this French kid from Rhawanda Frank Ntilikina is Flying up the Draft Boards.

We’ll see how they perform —- I’m sure one or two will fall off but it looks pretty exciting for teams in desperate need of young talent

Hype Machine

Whilst Isaac Humphries was technically a freshman last season, he is a 1998 born prospect with the advantage of a full College Season under his belt as preparation at Kentucky which is a huge advantage over these HS kids.

If you dont have him in your top 5 then you need to stop over rating these flashy American kids, 90% of which are about to get exposed in the same way it does every other year.

Fast Forward to December and we will see how many people still think this is a legendary draft class. 

I’m going to put the over/under at 2.5 players from OPs list being lottery selections. With 3 internationals, 4 Returning College Players and 4 freshman who come from nowhere making up the rest.

Hype Machine

Whilst Isaac Humphries was technically a freshman last season, he is a 1998 born prospect with the advantage of a full College Season under his belt as preparation at Kentucky which is a huge advantage over these HS kids.

If you dont have him in your top 5 then you need to stop over rating these flashy American kids, 90% of which are about to get exposed in the same way it does every other year.

Fast Forward to December and we will see how many people still think this is a legendary draft class. 

I’m going to put the over/under at 2.5 players from OPs list being lottery selections. With 3 internationals, 4 Returning College Players and 4 freshman who come from nowhere making up the rest.

r377r377
    r377
    Participant

I will also be keeping an eye on Allonzo Trier and Grayson Allen. Allen isn’t just a one trick pony (3pt shooting) he can handle the ball, good passer, good IQ and is athletic

r377r377
    r377
    Participant

I will also be keeping an eye on Allonzo Trier and Grayson Allen. Allen isn’t just a one trick pony (3pt shooting) he can handle the ball, good passer, good IQ and is athletic

ZachAttack
    Participant

Johnathan Isaac is my favorite player from this Class… I expect him to be Top 3. I think Jackson and Ball go before him. But I really like his game and wouldn’t be surprised if he comes out the best in this class.

ZachAttack
    Participant

Johnathan Isaac is my favorite player from this Class… I expect him to be Top 3. I think Jackson and Ball go before him. But I really like his game and wouldn’t be surprised if he comes out the best in this class.

Untouchable J
    Participant

I dont see ‘it’ with Giles. Maybe people are hesitant to judge him based on who he is NOW after injury rather than what he was before. He looks athletic yet lumbering for lack of a better phrase. Reminds me of Juwan Howard, and thats not a compliment lol Not for a supposed surefire #1

Dennis Smith is a throwback to the AI/Marbury/Francis dynamic quick scoring PG. I like him as top 5

Jackson seems to be what they thought he was

Fultz seems like the real deal, however ever since the Harrison twins i must see any ‘tall pg’ play vs college talent first, bc a lot of those guys are too slow to play PG at the higher level and there goes their whole advantage. Fultz as a SG isnt nearly the propsect as he is at pg

Ball- i like this kid. Same as above tho, i cant guage his game speed until he plays college comp. If he’s too slow to play point, he’s barely a pro prospect let alone lottery.

Untouchable J
    Participant

I dont see ‘it’ with Giles. Maybe people are hesitant to judge him based on who he is NOW after injury rather than what he was before. He looks athletic yet lumbering for lack of a better phrase. Reminds me of Juwan Howard, and thats not a compliment lol Not for a supposed surefire #1

Dennis Smith is a throwback to the AI/Marbury/Francis dynamic quick scoring PG. I like him as top 5

Jackson seems to be what they thought he was

Fultz seems like the real deal, however ever since the Harrison twins i must see any ‘tall pg’ play vs college talent first, bc a lot of those guys are too slow to play PG at the higher level and there goes their whole advantage. Fultz as a SG isnt nearly the propsect as he is at pg

Ball- i like this kid. Same as above tho, i cant guage his game speed until he plays college comp. If he’s too slow to play point, he’s barely a pro prospect let alone lottery.

r377r377
    r377
    Participant

I am not really impressed with Markelle Fultz. Doesn’t seem to be very fast, handle not outstanding and I think he may struggle to finish at the rim in the pros….

r377r377
    r377
    Participant

I am not really impressed with Markelle Fultz. Doesn’t seem to be very fast, handle not outstanding and I think he may struggle to finish at the rim in the pros….

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login