This topic contains 19 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar Bostoncelticsforlife9 7 years, 3 months ago.

• Author
    The Goat
    Participant

A few players really deserve the nod this year, so lets see how the changes to voting impact the final results. Some savage cuts from me – my teams would be: 

East: IT, Kemba, LeBron, Giannis, Embiid, Kyrie, Lowry, DeRozan, Butler, Love, Millsap, Horford

West: Beard, Russ, Kawhi, Durant, Boogie, Curry, Klay, CP3, Draymond, Lillard, Anthony Davis, Marc Gasol

No Melo, Paul George, Blake Griffin, John Wall, Andre Drummond, LaMarcus Aldridge, DeAndre, Hayward, Gobert…

Who you got?

BallerScript
    Participant

East: 

G- Thomas

G- DeRozan

F- Butler

F- James

F- Antetokounmpo

G – Lowry

G- Irving

F- George

F- Anthony

F- Porzingis

G- Walker

F- Whiteside

West:

G- Westbrook

G- Harden

F- Durant

F- Leonard

F- Davis

G- Curry

G- Lillard

F- Griffin

F- M.Gasol

F- Cousins

G- Paul

F- Towns

The Goat
      Participant

Fair call. I had Millsap, Horford, Love, Draymond, Klay and Embiid. You had Anthony, George, Whiteside, Porzingis, Griffin and KAT. Definite arguments for your guys.. WIth Whiteside though, his numbers are great but he has not been playing as well as they suggest IMO. I think Embiid has been far better, ridiculous really considering his injury history, his lack of time playing basketball lifetime, his crappy team and his minutes restriction. 

Klay and Love have been solid, had those huge games (the 60 and the 34 point quarter respectively) and with the Cavs and GSW’s records atm, I had to include them.. I

I would take Millsap over Carmelo Anthony on my team every day of the week, but thats just me I guess. 

Hype Machine

I think whoever is leading the league in 3pt% should get an automatic spot in the 3pt Contest.

The Goat
      Participant

You even found a way to push for an Aussie (Jingles) on this thread, unbelieveable really.. and Im Aussie.  Ill give you + 1 for the laugh. happy new year

BeastMode716
    Participant

& I agree 100% Embiid should start. He’s so dominant at both ends.

I would put Conley in over Lillard but b/c of Conley’s injury I understand. 

Hitster
    Participant

It will be interesting to see who gets voted in as the starting guards out West as one out of Westbrook, Harden and Curry will miss out.

Giannis has to be in the Eastern team and must be pushing to be a starter. I’d also like Kemba Walker to get a nod as the Hornets have had a couple of very good years based on good production from him.

Embiid will be an interesting one, I could see him being possibly voted in.

Anton123
    Participant

Joel Embiid is not having an all-star season, there is just no way he is any better than Paul George or Whiteside. His team is complete garbage, he didn’t play 30% of all the games, he’s been turning the ball over and fouling at an amazing rate (3.8 TOs in 25 mins) and he’s not been efficient (46% from the field). 

If he makes the all-star team, it means people are valuing hype over production. Minutes restrictions and injury history should not help anyone become an all-star.

negguary
      Participant

like you have a personal vendetta against embid or embid supporters because all you did was point out negatives lol! Also not just because of a minute restriction it’s the fact that he averages 19,8 and 2 blocks in 24.5 minutes. Hype over production lol his production is bigger than his hype slick head!! He arguably produces like a top ten player in the league after two years off and a minutes restriction. Stop it are you me mentioning those same flaws with Westbrook and harden who has turnover issues or harden who plays no defense?? No!! You know why because when your great and producing that much you overlook the small things slick head!!  As a matter of fact you’ve been a mad rapper I remember you now hahahaha!!

Anton123
        Participant

Embiid averages 18.9 ppg not 19.8.

He has played only 546 minutes all year (46% of what Westbrook played, for example). A player can not be an all star if the team plays without him 60% of the time. You can’t even find him in any statistical rankings on ESPN because he doesn’t have enough totals to qualify. 

His team is losing, he does not have great personal averages. Per 36 stats are meaningless, because the fact is that he can’t play 36 minutes due to his health and foul problems.

No personal vendetta, I really hope Embiid improves, stays healthy and has an all-star caliber season next year.

negguary
          Participant

not 19.8 as in 19 points(18.9 round up) 8 boards. So you honestly don’t think his stats are good and he’s playing great?

Anton123
            Participant

I honestly think there are 12 players in the East who are having better seasons than him; that is all I think.

Embiid has exceeded all expectations and has unlimited potential, that is undeniable. 

nick5354
    Participant

Love defintely deserves a spot. He has been eletric, leads the lead in 1st quarter points (cannot find stats past mid december) and is avergaing 22/11 while shooting the 3 ball at .411

NickWayne87
    Participant

There’s NO WAY Joel Embiid is making the Allstar team over Johnathan Hildred Wall.  Are u crazy???

Ahkasi Clay
    Participant

Does the new rule that allows coaches,  player, and media to vote. Start this year or next?  (Will hopefully help keep out big market players that don’t deserve to be in all-Star game from taking spots from deserving players.

Jordo
    Participant

John Wall is having a great individual season but I can’t figure who you take out and swap him for. Really want to see Kemba nab his first all star and IT as well. But Wall’s 23-24 ppg, 10 apg, 4-5 rpg shouldn’t be brushed off. 

Bostoncelticsforlife9
      Participant

That’s what happens when you don’t win games. 

Jordo
        Participant

Not a very strong argument. Both the pacers and knicks have similar records. 

Bostoncelticsforlife9
          Participant

The guard spot very stacked in todays NBA, and you cannot have 5 PGs make the All-Star team. I wish the NBA just picked the 12 best players in each conferences so it would be more fair, but they don’t. So Wall might be having a better year then Porzingis and George but they will get the nod over him, that just the way it is. 

Espresso
    Participant

If Giannis makes it as a starter on the East, with the weak defense being played, I predict he will slash his way to MVP.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login