This topic contains 22 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar Lotto Stud 6 years, 5 months ago.

• Author
    Lotto Stud
    Participant

I figured that I should take it upon myself to create a thread for the season, because most followers are excited about the NCAA season, along with this year’s Fr. class.

Feel free to post your thoughts or breakdowns on the prospects that you have watched or follow closely to help other members keep an eye out as well.

Lotto Stud
    Participant
    • Trae Young, PG, Oklahoma – It may be way too early to nitpick on personal performance, but aside from the stats (15pts/10ast/6reb/2stl/2blk) that popped out, Young shot the ball very poorly from the floor going 4-13 with having a terrible shot selection on just about every 3-point FG, in which he went 1-6. For those who have not watched that game against Omaha, there’s footage on YouTube, with full coverage highlights of Young’s debut.
      Lotto Stud
      Participant

It’s obvious that he has an NBA range jumper and is very confident in himself of knocking down more attempts than misses, but he continues to take bad shots at times (5-10). While off the ball, he’s great at getting open from screens being set up. Whenever he scores, he does it in bunches (15 first half points). At this point he’s a possible one-and-done prospect off the strength of his box score stats, but if you watch him closely, he still needs work on his decision making on when to shoot those deep 3-balls. Aside from shooting, he’s a really good playmaker that sets up his teammates to get involved. I’m sure there’s someone who will be quick throw out Stephen Curry’s name because of his shot selection, but the more I look into his play and dissect his overall game, he comes across as another Mike Bibby to me.

Stats 22 pts 13 ast 3 reb 2 stl

Lotto Stud
      Participant

43pts/7ast/4reb/2stl/11-22FG/4-11 3pt/17-18FT

As I’ve mentioned throughout the start of the season, Young is by far the most underrated freshman in this class. I cannot say it enough that he has to work on his shot-selection, but he has the green light to do as he pleases, which is why he chose Oklahoma, in the recruiting process. I am going to go out on a limb to say, he will be in the running with Sexton and Bagley III for freshman of the year when the season is over.

Espresso
    Participant

Ive been talking about Allonzo Trier since last year… Right now, he has had back to back 30 pt games. 

I think he is gonna rise in mocks eventually especially because people will be scouting Ayton.

Lotto Stud
      Participant

Not to be a prick, but this thread is for Freshmen prospects.

Bankroll PJ
    Participant
    1. Bagley III
    2. Porter Jr
    3. Ayton 
    4. Bamba
    5. Troy Brown – Oregon
    6. Collin Sexton – Bama
    7. Trevon Duval – Duke
    8. Nickeil Alexander-Walker – VT
    9. Lonnie Walker – UF
    10. Kevin Knox – UK
    11. Wendell Carter Jr – Duke
    12. Jaren Jackson Jr – Mich St.
    13. Hami Diallo – UK
    14. Brandon McCoy – UNLV
    15. Kris Wilkes – UCLA
    16. Nick Richards – UK
    17. Billy Preston – KU
    18. Gary Trent Jr. – Duke
    19. Jared Vanderbilt – UK
    20. Jaylen Hands – UCLA
    21. John Petty – Bama

GBee
    Participant

I’m not sure how much of an NBA prospect he is but Tremont Waters is worth the price of admission. Kid is crazy skilled.  Lights out shooter with an incredible handle and a flair for playmaking.  Despite being sub 6′ he can be a dogged defender too.  At least that was his rep coming out of HS. 

If he was only 2 inches taller… but I guess if a kid like Ulis can make, Tremont can too. He’s way more dynamic than Ulis.

TRC1991
    Participant

Brandon McCoy had 25 and 18 in his debut!

ph90702

He didn’t even play that well either.  He’s going to tear up MW competition.  He’s different from the Dave Rice era five star recruits because he doesn’t already have one foot out the door.

OhCanada-
    Participant

My sleeper Kezie Okpala committed to Stanford is going to have to sit out this year being deemed academically ineligible. Just sucks because you know the kid is bright I mean he committed to Stanford he just fell behind with the ridiculous deadlines he had to meet in order to meet eligibility. Oh well something to look forward to for next year, should give him time to just bulk up.

ph90702

He should have just gone to CAL.

HeroescantdieHeroescantdie
    Heroescantdie
    Participant

Will be out Monday

Miko4rm206
    Participant

Jaylen Nowell -UW- 21 pts 4 rebs 2ast in his 1st 2 games for the Huskies. Athletic 2 guard. Able to get to the basket and nice mid range game. If he can continue to ball out against the rest of the Pac-12 he could shoot up draft charts like Dejounte Murray a couple years back.

tblazer_NZ
      Participant

Dejounte Murray jumped up the draft boards and then slipped all the way back down to the Spurs.

Miko4rm206
        Participant

Dejounte Murray didn’t project as a 1 and done Player before his season at UW. Most scouting sites had him ranked at 45 or below coming out of HS. He received a Green Room invitation but just slipped unexpectedly on draft night. Markelle Fultz actually committed to UW thinking Dejounte and Chriss would be back for their sophomore seasons as well.

dcase
    Participant

A freshman that is flying under the radar and not alot of people are talking about is Oshae Brissett at Syracuse. He was the HS player of the year in Canada last year and will be one of the better freshmen in the ACC this year.

Lotto Stud
    Participant
    • Trevon Duval, PG, Duke – I couldn’t wait to see him in action against a ranked opponent to break him down. There’s a lot of good things to point out about his play, but there are a few bad things to speak on as well. I’d like to start off with saying that his best attribute is taking care of the ball, despite having 3 turnovers tonight against Michigan State. If anyone were to check his assist to turnover ratio, you can argue he’s the best in the NCAA right now. Duval currently has 30 assist and 4 turnovers in 3 games played. He displays that he’s willing to take initiative defensively by ending his night with 6 steals. On the downside to his outstanding play, he struggles like no other from the perimeter by shooting 0-7 from the 3. One thing I can say is that he didn’t finish well around the rim early on in the game tonight.
    BallerScript
    Participant

Devontae Shuler on Ole Miss is a guy I have my eye on.

Quick athletic guard who is still learning to player the one.. exciting, bouncy… active defender… and his jumper seems to be coming along very nicely which was his largest weakness

I’d love to see how his college career progresses

Lotto Stud
    Participant
    • Collin Sexton, PG, Alabama – Very dominant and comfortable dribbling with his off-hand more than his right, while going up the floor. Has a knack for knifing through the lane to get to the rim at will, whether it’s during a fastbreak or half-court set. Sexton lived at the free-throw line, but had difficulties knocking down majority of those shots by going 5-12, although he could have ended his night with 30+ points instead of 22. As far as passing goes, he found a way to feed his teammates in or around traffic and made the correct pass without being too flashy from what I observed in his game film. One key thing that I would like to point out with his reference to Eric Bledsoe comparisons; I just don’t see it after watching him last night. I’d like to go in another direction by saying that he’s a lot closer to Patrick Beverley with a better offensive game.
      Lotto Stud
      Participant

This game alone has solidified Sexton as the #1 point guard for the remainder of the season heading into the draft, no mater what his team’s success is or if his personal performance declines throughout the year. A 3-on-5 matchup in the second half due to Alabama’s entire bench being ejected, he managed to score 40 points (12-22 FGs 4-7 3-pointers) and pull his team within a 5 point loss. If there were any question marks about his willpower to lead a team, I believe those talks should be laid to rest after tonight’s game. If you ask me, there was no way in hell Minnesota was supposed to let him get any shots off on the perimeter, let alone beat them in the paint for buckets. I am completely sold on Sexton as far as him locking up his billing for separating himself from the pack.

Espresso
        Participant

You are 100% right.

Ive been eyeing Sexton and ive been thinking how he might be a better prospect than than mo and bagley. I dont understand how this site dropped him so much

Lotto Stud
    Participant
    • Jaylen Hands, PG, UCLA – One if not the most athletic freshmen point guard prospect amongst his peers. He’s very explosive and always in attack mode. Has excellent foot speed from end-to-end, which leads me to believe he may be the fastest player this year with the ball in his hands. More of a scoring point guard that possesses a nice mid-range game with a smooth fadeaway jumper to go with it. On defense, he finds a way to play the passing lanes to come away with open court steals. Things that he must improve on, is adding weight/strength to his frame – playing under control and learning when to slow down – consistency on perimeter jump shot/free throws. Player comparison: Keyon Dooling

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login