This topic contains 20 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar cryan03 8 years, 8 months ago.

• Author
    canadabasketballisrisingcanadabasketballisrising
    canadabasketballisrising
    Participant

Based on the invitee roster who does everyone think (not want), the final 12 roster will be, assuming there are no injuries, and everyone commits to playing?

Personally, I have:

PG: Curry, Paul

SG- Harden, Westbrook, George (promised a spot earlier)

SF-James, Leonard

PF-Durant, Carmelo

C-Davis, Dwight, Griffin 

Instead of liking or disliking, I’d like to see any different opinions (Aldridge/ Jordan over Dwight? Kyrie for?? I feel Like Leonard should be their for his D)… 

canadabasketballisrising
    Participant

If the promise doesn’t stand (from last summer) I could see Kyrie (another guard atleast, Thompson for shooting?) taking George’s spot..

canadabasketballisrising
    Participant

If the promise doesn’t stand (from last summer) I could see Kyrie (another guard atleast, Thompson for shooting?) taking George’s spot..

Joacoddr
    Participant

SG: Harden, Westbrook, Thompson

SF: James, George

PF: Durant, Griffin

C: Davis, Howard, Cousins

Joacoddr
    Participant

SG: Harden, Westbrook, Thompson

SF: James, George

PF: Durant, Griffin

C: Davis, Howard, Cousins

Stop_basketball_nonsense
    Participant

Paul/Curry/Wall

Harden/Westbrook/

James/Melo/George

Durant/Griffin

Davis/Cousins

Now I do hope the stars who have won already to reconsider playing( lebron,melo,paul, even Howard who has a chance to make the roster, only because we already know the result gold, if they played and what to expect from their talent. I do think if all these guys didn’t play team USA is still the gold medal front runner. Obviously whoever is the best fit/ talent deserves to play, but is Anyone else ready to see the numerous pool of young talent get a chance to shine?

Stop_basketball_nonsense
    Participant

Paul/Curry/Wall

Harden/Westbrook/

James/Melo/George

Durant/Griffin

Davis/Cousins

Now I do hope the stars who have won already to reconsider playing( lebron,melo,paul, even Howard who has a chance to make the roster, only because we already know the result gold, if they played and what to expect from their talent. I do think if all these guys didn’t play team USA is still the gold medal front runner. Obviously whoever is the best fit/ talent deserves to play, but is Anyone else ready to see the numerous pool of young talent get a chance to shine?

SubZero
      Participant

I can agree with this, except maybe swap Paul George with Klay or Kawhi

SubZero
      Participant

I can agree with this, except maybe swap Paul George with Klay or Kawhi

daggers818
    Participant

Curry, Paul

Harden, Westbrook, Thompson

James, George (if promised, else Leonard)

Durant, Melo, Griffin

Davis, Cousins 

daggers818
    Participant

Curry, Paul

Harden, Westbrook, Thompson

James, George (if promised, else Leonard)

Durant, Melo, Griffin

Davis, Cousins 

Chewy
    Participant

both D12 and Jordan can give you some great interior D and shot blocking, but it seems a little redundant when you already have Davis starting for you. Cousins can come off the bench and give Team USA a new offensive demension with his back to the basket game.

Plus you know in at least 2 games the refs are going to swallow their whistles and the game with become a slug fest. Give me Cousins in a grind it out toughness battle on the block any day. Cousins will be able to give Team USA the "Bully-Ball" big that they need when games get rough.

Side note: I just don’t see how you leave Leonard off the team anymore. I know it’s debatable, but I’m firmly in the camp of Leonard as the back up SF.

Chewy
    Participant

both D12 and Jordan can give you some great interior D and shot blocking, but it seems a little redundant when you already have Davis starting for you. Cousins can come off the bench and give Team USA a new offensive demension with his back to the basket game.

Plus you know in at least 2 games the refs are going to swallow their whistles and the game with become a slug fest. Give me Cousins in a grind it out toughness battle on the block any day. Cousins will be able to give Team USA the "Bully-Ball" big that they need when games get rough.

Side note: I just don’t see how you leave Leonard off the team anymore. I know it’s debatable, but I’m firmly in the camp of Leonard as the back up SF.

Choppy
    Participant

Howard is too old and doesn’t offer anything different to other players. Defence, Jordan is better. Offence, Drummond is a younger Dwight clone.

Cousins should back up Davis and then one of Jordan/Drummond as third C. In a nod to the future, I can’t see Howard making the final cut. 

Choppy
    Participant

Howard is too old and doesn’t offer anything different to other players. Defence, Jordan is better. Offence, Drummond is a younger Dwight clone.

Cousins should back up Davis and then one of Jordan/Drummond as third C. In a nod to the future, I can’t see Howard making the final cut. 

Rip255

I honestly think basketball should be scrapped from the Olympics, or turned into an U23 tournament. And don’t get me started on how lame the FIBA WC is. 

There should be 1 global international tournament every 4 years…and it should be sanctioned by the NBA.

Why is the NBA gifting FIBA and the IOC access to its greatest resources for free?

The NBA does more for the global development of the sport than FIBA or the IOC.

If the NBA held its own international World Championship, it would be so much better than the FIBA version. 

The NBA (not FIBA) has made basketball globally popular. Even a High School drop out could make international basketball a big deal. Instead…its boring as bat$h1t, utterly meaningless and only the ineptitude of FIBA can be held responsible.

The only country Ive ever seen truly care about international ball is Lithuania. To everyone else…its second fiddle to the NBA or their domestic competitions.

Rip255

I honestly think basketball should be scrapped from the Olympics, or turned into an U23 tournament. And don’t get me started on how lame the FIBA WC is. 

There should be 1 global international tournament every 4 years…and it should be sanctioned by the NBA.

Why is the NBA gifting FIBA and the IOC access to its greatest resources for free?

The NBA does more for the global development of the sport than FIBA or the IOC.

If the NBA held its own international World Championship, it would be so much better than the FIBA version. 

The NBA (not FIBA) has made basketball globally popular. Even a High School drop out could make international basketball a big deal. Instead…its boring as bat$h1t, utterly meaningless and only the ineptitude of FIBA can be held responsible.

The only country Ive ever seen truly care about international ball is Lithuania. To everyone else…its second fiddle to the NBA or their domestic competitions.

canadabasketballisrising
    Participant

I’m intrigued by the back up big dilemna. I think  USA will very likely (again) want to play smaller and faster with Durant and Melo as the strech 4’s, and 3 true bigs like they have done in the past.

I am in the Cousins camp for the second big, but that would also mean taking him over Griffin, so I’m not sure.  Without question, Davis starts, but then what?  The last 2 bigs would come down to:

Dwight, Cousins, Blake or Jordan as of now. I think you also would want atleast 1 back up who is a great rim protector in case Davis is in foul trouble… (so Jordan or I think dwight).

The question then is, who would most people take; Griffin or Cousins. They could take both, but I don’t think they will, as they have elected in the past to play faster, with more guard depth.

Who would you choose, and why? I have always liked  how Griffin matches up with the Gasol’s (Marc in the playoffs, with Jordan on Randolph)……..

canadabasketballisrising
    Participant

I’m intrigued by the back up big dilemna. I think  USA will very likely (again) want to play smaller and faster with Durant and Melo as the strech 4’s, and 3 true bigs like they have done in the past.

I am in the Cousins camp for the second big, but that would also mean taking him over Griffin, so I’m not sure.  Without question, Davis starts, but then what?  The last 2 bigs would come down to:

Dwight, Cousins, Blake or Jordan as of now. I think you also would want atleast 1 back up who is a great rim protector in case Davis is in foul trouble… (so Jordan or I think dwight).

The question then is, who would most people take; Griffin or Cousins. They could take both, but I don’t think they will, as they have elected in the past to play faster, with more guard depth.

Who would you choose, and why? I have always liked  how Griffin matches up with the Gasol’s (Marc in the playoffs, with Jordan on Randolph)……..

cryan03
    Participant

PG-Chris Paul, Steph Curry

SG-James Harden, Russell Westbrook, Klay Thompson

SF-Kevin Durant, Kawhi Leonard

PF-LeBron James, Carmelo Anthony

C-Anthony Davis, Andre Drummond, DeMarcus Cousins

I would go with Drummond over Blake because he gives you a big body to guard the bigs from Spain and if Team USA wanted to go big they could slide Davis to the 4 and he could play with Drummond giving them a good defensive duo up front. 

cryan03
    Participant

PG-Chris Paul, Steph Curry

SG-James Harden, Russell Westbrook, Klay Thompson

SF-Kevin Durant, Kawhi Leonard

PF-LeBron James, Carmelo Anthony

C-Anthony Davis, Andre Drummond, DeMarcus Cousins

I would go with Drummond over Blake because he gives you a big body to guard the bigs from Spain and if Team USA wanted to go big they could slide Davis to the 4 and he could play with Drummond giving them a good defensive duo up front. 

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login