This topic contains 44 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar Uncledrew 7 years, 11 months ago.

• Author
    ChicagoCasey
    Participant
    1. Josh Jackson – Scottie Pippin
    2. Jayson Tatum – Demar Derozan
    3. Markelle Fultz – CG Brandon Roy
    4. Lonzo Ball – Jason Kidd
    5. Frank Jackson – Jarryd Bayless/Wade Baldwin
    6. Jarrett Allen – Larry Sanders
    7. Bruce Brown – Victor Oladipo
    8. De’Aaron Fox – Brandon Knight
    9. Bam Adebayo – Tristian Thompson/Dwight Howard
    10. Terrance Ferguson – Terrance Ross
    11. Marques Boldin – Demarcus Cousins

* I couldn’t find good comparisons for Dennis Smith, Harry Giles, and Malik Monk     

** My comps are not saying that they will have the same career path, just similar style of play

*** Comment a player name and I will give a reason why I choose that comp.

connybuckets
    Participant

Dennis is a Steve Francis without the attitude 

Harry is kinda like C Webb

connybuckets
    Participant

Dennis is a Steve Francis without the attitude 

Harry is kinda like C Webb

Chammes
    Participant

you forgot the best player in the class Harry giles-C webb

Chammes
    Participant

you forgot the best player in the class Harry giles-C webb

Chammes
    Participant

what does CG mean on roy

Chammes
    Participant

what does CG mean on roy

ChicagoCasey
      Participant

I view Markelle Fultz as a combo guard

ChicagoCasey
      Participant

I view Markelle Fultz as a combo guard

Chammes
    Participant

malik monk- small russell westbrook

Chammes
    Participant

malik monk- small russell westbrook

Andrew1984
    Participant

I don’t think Josh Jackson will ever have the body of Scottie Pippen. He might put on a few pounds, but Scottie was incredibly thick and strong and knew how to use it to his advantage; it allowed him to be physical when necessary. 

I also don’t see any Demar Derozan in Jayson Tatum. Derozan is 6-7 and is definitely a perimeter player; Tatum is 6-9 and is more of an inside-out SF who spends more time in the paint. 

Andrew1984
    Participant

I don’t think Josh Jackson will ever have the body of Scottie Pippen. He might put on a few pounds, but Scottie was incredibly thick and strong and knew how to use it to his advantage; it allowed him to be physical when necessary. 

I also don’t see any Demar Derozan in Jayson Tatum. Derozan is 6-7 and is definitely a perimeter player; Tatum is 6-9 and is more of an inside-out SF who spends more time in the paint. 

ChicagoCasey
      Participant

Jayson Tatum just measured in at 6’8" at the Hoop summit. I disagree on both views on Tatum and Derozan. Both players are mid range players. They take really questionable jumpers that don’t really fit in todays game. It’s not really a far fetched comparison if you really look at it and not going off of what you see in the playoffs. I saw Tatum numerous times and he take similar shots as Derozan and he take lots of questionable shots in which he can take the ball to the basket or shoot the 3, but he settles for a contested long mid range jumper.

My Jackson to Pippen comparionson is strickly on game style.

ChicagoCasey
      Participant

Jayson Tatum just measured in at 6’8" at the Hoop summit. I disagree on both views on Tatum and Derozan. Both players are mid range players. They take really questionable jumpers that don’t really fit in todays game. It’s not really a far fetched comparison if you really look at it and not going off of what you see in the playoffs. I saw Tatum numerous times and he take similar shots as Derozan and he take lots of questionable shots in which he can take the ball to the basket or shoot the 3, but he settles for a contested long mid range jumper.

My Jackson to Pippen comparionson is strickly on game style.

Chammes
    Participant

jackson- wiggins

tatum- paul pierce/grant hill

Chammes
    Participant

jackson- wiggins

tatum- paul pierce/grant hill

cha
    Participant

1. Josh Jackson – Andrew Wiggins (notch lower athletically)
    2. Jayson Tatum – George Gervin 
    3. De’Aron Fox – Brandon Jennings                                                                                                                        For the rest, I haven’t had the oppurnity to watch their game and highlights to warrant any comparison. 

cha
    Participant

1. Josh Jackson – Andrew Wiggins (notch lower athletically)
    2. Jayson Tatum – George Gervin 
    3. De’Aron Fox – Brandon Jennings                                                                                                                        For the rest, I haven’t had the oppurnity to watch their game and highlights to warrant any comparison. 

Chammes
      Participant

fox-westbrook

Chammes
      Participant

fox-westbrook

Jr. ROXAS
    Participant

Harry Giles- Blake Griffin

Josh Jackson- Wiggins

Jayson Tatum- Glenn Robinson/ Rudy Gay

Markelle Fultz- PLAYING-STYLE WISE, I see a lot of Paul George. Obviously physical attributes are not the same but his whole offensive arsenal just reminds me so much of PG. There is just this certain way too he attacks the basket the reminds me of him.

Dennis Smith- Steve Francis/ Eric Bledsoe

De’Aron Fox- Sort of lazy comp but no reason why it can’t be Mike Conley (Floaters, defense, shooting etc…)

Malik Monk- Monta Ellis (w/ range)

Frank Jackson- Brandon Jennings

Bam Adebayo- Amare Stoudamire (I’m high on him)

T-Ferg- T-Ross (Games are super identical)

Lonzo Ball- Jason Kidd as mentioned above

Jr. ROXAS
    Participant

Harry Giles- Blake Griffin

Josh Jackson- Wiggins

Jayson Tatum- Glenn Robinson/ Rudy Gay

Markelle Fultz- PLAYING-STYLE WISE, I see a lot of Paul George. Obviously physical attributes are not the same but his whole offensive arsenal just reminds me so much of PG. There is just this certain way too he attacks the basket the reminds me of him.

Dennis Smith- Steve Francis/ Eric Bledsoe

De’Aron Fox- Sort of lazy comp but no reason why it can’t be Mike Conley (Floaters, defense, shooting etc…)

Malik Monk- Monta Ellis (w/ range)

Frank Jackson- Brandon Jennings

Bam Adebayo- Amare Stoudamire (I’m high on him)

T-Ferg- T-Ross (Games are super identical)

Lonzo Ball- Jason Kidd as mentioned above

Stop_basketball_nonsense
    Participant

F comparisons, making comparisons is for people who are harnessed by limits.

Jr. ROXAS
      Participant

What?

Stop_basketball_nonsense
        Participant

You heard me. I’m tired of this let’s compare people to others crap.  It’s just a way for yall to put people in a box.

Jr. ROXAS
          Participant

We’re not putting them in a box. If anything, we want them to actually be better than who we compare them to. 

And it’s as if like you’re not a basketball fan. It’s natural for people to want to compare prospects to players. It’s all for fun. Comparisons are more for the fans than the players themselves.

Jr. ROXAS
          Participant

We’re not putting them in a box. If anything, we want them to actually be better than who we compare them to. 

And it’s as if like you’re not a basketball fan. It’s natural for people to want to compare prospects to players. It’s all for fun. Comparisons are more for the fans than the players themselves.

Stop_basketball_nonsense
        Participant

You heard me. I’m tired of this let’s compare people to others crap.  It’s just a way for yall to put people in a box.

Jr. ROXAS
      Participant

What?

Stop_basketball_nonsense
    Participant

F comparisons, making comparisons is for people who are harnessed by limits.

holefillers1
    Participant

My favorite comp is Ferguson to Ross. Spot on.

holefillers1
    Participant

My favorite comp is Ferguson to Ross. Spot on.

SubZero
    Participant

I’ve always heard De’Aaron Fox is like a left handed John Wall (which I’m really hoping for), but I haven’t watched a whole lot of him to know exactly if that’s true or not

SubZero
    Participant

I’ve always heard De’Aaron Fox is like a left handed John Wall (which I’m really hoping for), but I haven’t watched a whole lot of him to know exactly if that’s true or not

Danielcmccarty
    Participant

To the guy who said Bam is Amare stoudamire. Touche 

Danielcmccarty
    Participant

To the guy who said Bam is Amare stoudamire. Touche 

I.C.Y.U.NV.ME
    Participant

Tatum and Derozan share slightly similar floor games (adept mid range shooters, limited 3 point range, can post up smaller defenders), but Derozan is too much of a freak athletically for me to agree with the comparison. For me, Tatum- a young Paul Pierce 

Giles- Chris Webber/ pre injury Amare Stoudamire

J. Jackson- I agree with Scottie Pippen

Dennis Smith- I see a pre injury Derrick Rose but I saw someone mention Steve Francis and I can see that too.

Ball- J Kidd/ Shawn Livingston 

F. Jackson-  I saw someone mentioned Jerryd Bayless. As an AZ native idk how he slipped my mind. Damn that’s good. I do believe he will have a higher ceiling than JB, however. 

Fox- John Wall

Monk- Jamal Crawford with ridiculous athleticism 

Bolden- Andrew Bynum

I’d also like to preference that my comparisons are based on playing style, and not career projection.

I.C.Y.U.NV.ME
    Participant

Tatum and Derozan share slightly similar floor games (adept mid range shooters, limited 3 point range, can post up smaller defenders), but Derozan is too much of a freak athletically for me to agree with the comparison. For me, Tatum- a young Paul Pierce 

Giles- Chris Webber/ pre injury Amare Stoudamire

J. Jackson- I agree with Scottie Pippen

Dennis Smith- I see a pre injury Derrick Rose but I saw someone mention Steve Francis and I can see that too.

Ball- J Kidd/ Shawn Livingston 

F. Jackson-  I saw someone mentioned Jerryd Bayless. As an AZ native idk how he slipped my mind. Damn that’s good. I do believe he will have a higher ceiling than JB, however. 

Fox- John Wall

Monk- Jamal Crawford with ridiculous athleticism 

Bolden- Andrew Bynum

I’d also like to preference that my comparisons are based on playing style, and not career projection.

Hype Machine

Dejan Vasiljevic (Miami) – JJ Reddick 

This guy is going to make you wonder why you snoozed on him. I’ve been keeping tabs on his performances in Australia before heading over to the US and I’m convinced he’s the best shooter in this class. Watch footage of him destroying team USA in a gold medal match. Expect him to make a Devin Booker type impact once he hits the League. 

Harry Froling (SMU)  – 6’11" version of Luis Scola – Looks can be decieving. What he lacks in speed, he makes up for with Luis Scola’s savvy, Jahlil Okafors post moves and Kevin Love’s range

William McDowell White (Fresno State) – George Hill – 5 Star guard.  Don’t let the small school fool you, he just wanted to join his brother. Turned a lot of heads at the Nike Hoop Summit and could have gone to a bigger school if he wanted. These aboriginal Australian boys are naturally family oriented, so he will possibly be their greatest ever recruit. 

Jack White (Duke) – Courtney Lee – Super versatile. Great slashing and a reliable jump shot. Excellent defender. Should make it to the NBA after 2 or 3 years at Duke. 

Hype Machine

Dejan Vasiljevic (Miami) – JJ Reddick 

This guy is going to make you wonder why you snoozed on him. I’ve been keeping tabs on his performances in Australia before heading over to the US and I’m convinced he’s the best shooter in this class. Watch footage of him destroying team USA in a gold medal match. Expect him to make a Devin Booker type impact once he hits the League. 

Harry Froling (SMU)  – 6’11" version of Luis Scola – Looks can be decieving. What he lacks in speed, he makes up for with Luis Scola’s savvy, Jahlil Okafors post moves and Kevin Love’s range

William McDowell White (Fresno State) – George Hill – 5 Star guard.  Don’t let the small school fool you, he just wanted to join his brother. Turned a lot of heads at the Nike Hoop Summit and could have gone to a bigger school if he wanted. These aboriginal Australian boys are naturally family oriented, so he will possibly be their greatest ever recruit. 

Jack White (Duke) – Courtney Lee – Super versatile. Great slashing and a reliable jump shot. Excellent defender. Should make it to the NBA after 2 or 3 years at Duke. 

Bill Walton’s Knees
    Participant

It’s important to note that while they have similarities in their games, they also have extreme differences. For instance, Wiggins has very limited ball ans playmaking skills, while that’s considered one of Jacksons strengths. Jackson is a much better passer then Wiggins, and is a much more willing defender as well. 

Bill Walton’s Knees
    Participant

It’s important to note that while they have similarities in their games, they also have extreme differences. For instance, Wiggins has very limited ball ans playmaking skills, while that’s considered one of Jacksons strengths. Jackson is a much better passer then Wiggins, and is a much more willing defender as well. 

Uncledrew
    Participant

Harry Giles- Chris webber 

Jayson Tatum- Paul George 

Dennis Smith Jr.- Steve Francis 

Markelle Fultz- Brandon Roy 

Malik Monk- Monte Ellis

Dearron fox- John wall 

Terrance Ferguson- Terrence Ross

Johnathon Issac- Maurice Harkless

Lonzo Ball- Shaun Livingston 

Uncledrew