This topic contains 18 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar Lotto Stud 8 years, 10 months ago.

• Author
    ChicagoCasey
    Participant
    1. Skal Labissiere – He’s a legit 7′ 220 pound power forward that have a pretty good post game, have great touch, got a mid range jumper, and can block shots. I like him way more than Karl-Anthony Towns and I believe he have the potential of an Anthony Davis.
    2. Ben Simmons – Ben Simmons have size and then some. He’s a legit 6’10" 240 pounds who can play both forward positions and have serious bounce. I remember watching a Adidas event on ESPN when I was mostly watching Dante Exum and Ben Simmons jumped off the TV screen. I was more impressed with Simmons than I was with Exum, who was outstanding. He is also the best passer in this draft.
    3. Jaylen Brown – I believe he’s the most explosive scorer in this draft.  He’s extremly aggresive and competitive. He have great size for the shooting guard position in standing 6’7" with a huge 7’0.5" wingspan and being 222 pounds. He got a good enough shot and is the best finisher in this draft.
    4. Jamal Murray – At the Nike Hoop Summit I felt like he was the best player there. He’s 6’5" with an outstanding shooting stroke and is super athletic. He can play both guard positions. 
    5. Brandon Ingram – I love Brandon Ingram game and I love his size. Yes, he have to get much bigger. He’s 6’10" 196 with a huge 7’3" wingspan. He can create his own shot and shoot with range. He can move way up into the top pick discussion if he have a big freshman season.
    6. Malik Pope – He’s another 6’10" 212 pounder with a 7’2" wingspan. He can create his own shot and is a very good athlete. He missed his junior and senior season of high school due to injury and played very little his first year with San Diego State, but when he played he played really well. He showed a great skill set in hitting step back shots from behind the arch, drive the ball, and playing above the rim play. He talked about impoving his back to the basket game at the USA try outs. He could also move up with a monster year next year.
    7. Henery Ellenson – Great shooter with outstanding size. Could be a great pick and pop player
    8. Jakob Poeltl – Great size with great defensive potential. Not projected to be a great scorer, but can become a great defensive player, roll man, and rim runner. He’s a bit of a project, but he have too much potential,
    9. Malik Newman – He can picked much higher if he can convince teams that he’s a point guard. He have great size to be a point guard, but those he have the basketball IQ and passing ability to be a full time point guard. He’s 6’4" player that can shoot the lights out the gym. Big time shot creator and scorer and it wouldn’t suprise me if he average 22-25 points per game in his first year in college.
    10. Cheick Diallo – Outstanding motor and shot blocker. If he had a offensive skill set he would be a top pick

Next Five: Kris Dunn, Diamond Stone, Damien Jones, Domantos Sabonis, Justin Jackson

No international player on my list due to me not being able to watch any.

Rip255

Good to see someone giving Jamal Murray his props, as he’s constantly overlooked as is the best back-court prospect. Dude had to go to Kentucky before anyone noticed him, even after he lit up the Hoops Summit.

I like Skal…and I think he’s the best bigman prospect in the draft. But here’s my concern…

He dominated the showcase games but he was not playing against anyone of real talent. His scrimmages were against Thon Maker…who is 12 months younger and probably 24 months behind in physical development. And the rest of the class is just not loaded with bigs. I don’t buy into Diamond Stone, or Ivan Rabb’s stock at all….

He just looked like a Man playing against Boys….when I think I need him to play at NCAA level before I proclaim him the #1 pick.

For the record, I’ve got Simmons 1, Skal #2 and Jamal Murray #3.

tbest23
      Participant

Scouts love the Ukrainian kid from KU. Svi is an athletic, tough and legit 6′ 8" kid that plays defense and can shoot from anywhere. He just barely turned 18 but if he plays well for KU this year he’s lotto bound. Guess we’ll see where all these guys land in a year. Hard to base a draftee based upon an all-star game where zero defense is played. 

tbest23
      Participant

Scouts love the Ukrainian kid from KU. Svi is an athletic, tough and legit 6′ 8" kid that plays defense and can shoot from anywhere. He just barely turned 18 but if he plays well for KU this year he’s lotto bound. Guess we’ll see where all these guys land in a year. Hard to base a draftee based upon an all-star game where zero defense is played. 

Rip255

Good to see someone giving Jamal Murray his props, as he’s constantly overlooked as is the best back-court prospect. Dude had to go to Kentucky before anyone noticed him, even after he lit up the Hoops Summit.

I like Skal…and I think he’s the best bigman prospect in the draft. But here’s my concern…

He dominated the showcase games but he was not playing against anyone of real talent. His scrimmages were against Thon Maker…who is 12 months younger and probably 24 months behind in physical development. And the rest of the class is just not loaded with bigs. I don’t buy into Diamond Stone, or Ivan Rabb’s stock at all….

He just looked like a Man playing against Boys….when I think I need him to play at NCAA level before I proclaim him the #1 pick.

For the record, I’ve got Simmons 1, Skal #2 and Jamal Murray #3.

TripleDoubleScout
    Participant

im gonna get killed on here for saying this now, but i will be vindacated later: Newman and Skal are the two most overrated lottery level prospects right now. 

TripleDoubleScout
    Participant

im gonna get killed on here for saying this now, but i will be vindacated later: Newman and Skal are the two most overrated lottery level prospects right now. 

CameronCrazy11
    Participant

Not counting guys who are of foreign descent but will be playing in the NCAA next year, the top international guys I’ve been seeing for 2016 so far are Dragan Bender of Croatia, Zhou Qi of China, and Furkan Korkmaz of Turkey. On a side note, Croatia’s national team is going to be pretty darn good in a few seasons. Dario Saric, Mario Hezonja, and Bender will be a nice trio.

CameronCrazy11
    Participant

Not counting guys who are of foreign descent but will be playing in the NCAA next year, the top international guys I’ve been seeing for 2016 so far are Dragan Bender of Croatia, Zhou Qi of China, and Furkan Korkmaz of Turkey. On a side note, Croatia’s national team is going to be pretty darn good in a few seasons. Dario Saric, Mario Hezonja, and Bender will be a nice trio.

bdiddy5115
    Participant

My Top-15 looks like this:

1) Skal Labissiere | PF/C | 6’11" 215 | Kentucky | 19 | Fr. 

2) Jaylen Brown | SF | 6’7" 225 | California | 18 | Fr. 

3) Ben Simmons | PF/SF | 6’9" 225 | LSU | 18 | Fr.

4) Dragan Bender | PF | 7’1" 215 | Croatia | 17 | Intl.

5) Jakob Poeltl | C | 7’0" 240 | Utah | 19 | Soph. 

6) Ivan Rabb | PF | 6’10" 215 | California | 18 | Fr. 

7) Brandon Ingram | SF | 6’9" 200 | Duke | 17 | Fr. 

8) Cheick Diallo | PF/C | 6’9" 230 | Kansas | 18 | Fr. 

9) Kris Dunn | PG | 6’4" 195 | Providence | 21 | Jr.

10) Jamal Murray | PG/SG | 6’5" 205 | Kentucky | 18 | Fr.

11) Malik Newman | SG | 6’3" 185 | Mississippi State | 18 | Fr. 

12) Diamond Stone | C | 6’10" 260 | Maryland | 18 | Fr. 

13) Domantis Sabonis | PF | 6’10" 230 | Gonzaga | 19 | Soph.

14) Demetrius Jackson | PG | 6’1" 195 | Notre Dame | 20 | Jr.

15) Caris LeVert | SG/SF | 6’7" 195 | Michigan | 20 | Sr.

HM: Chase Jeter (C/PF); Antonio Blakeney (SG); Malik Pope (SF); Melo Trimble (PG)

bdiddy5115
    Participant

My Top-15 looks like this:

1) Skal Labissiere | PF/C | 6’11" 215 | Kentucky | 19 | Fr. 

2) Jaylen Brown | SF | 6’7" 225 | California | 18 | Fr. 

3) Ben Simmons | PF/SF | 6’9" 225 | LSU | 18 | Fr.

4) Dragan Bender | PF | 7’1" 215 | Croatia | 17 | Intl.

5) Jakob Poeltl | C | 7’0" 240 | Utah | 19 | Soph. 

6) Ivan Rabb | PF | 6’10" 215 | California | 18 | Fr. 

7) Brandon Ingram | SF | 6’9" 200 | Duke | 17 | Fr. 

8) Cheick Diallo | PF/C | 6’9" 230 | Kansas | 18 | Fr. 

9) Kris Dunn | PG | 6’4" 195 | Providence | 21 | Jr.

10) Jamal Murray | PG/SG | 6’5" 205 | Kentucky | 18 | Fr.

11) Malik Newman | SG | 6’3" 185 | Mississippi State | 18 | Fr. 

12) Diamond Stone | C | 6’10" 260 | Maryland | 18 | Fr. 

13) Domantis Sabonis | PF | 6’10" 230 | Gonzaga | 19 | Soph.

15) Caris LeVert | SG/SF | 6’7" 195 | Michigan | 20 | Sr.

HM: Chase Jeter (C/PF); Antonio Blakeney (SG); Malik Pope (SF); Melo Trimble (PG)

Lotto Stud
      Participant

When it’s all said and done. I believe Jackson may be the first point guard selected off the board next summer.

Lotto Stud
      Participant

When it’s all said and done. I believe Jackson may be the first point guard selected off the board next summer.

bdiddy5115
    Participant

Forgot to list Ray Smith, freshman wing from Arizona. He has definite (sleeper) top-10 potential if he gets some quality time/touches this year.

bdiddy5115
    Participant

Forgot to list Ray Smith, freshman wing from Arizona. He has definite (sleeper) top-10 potential if he gets some quality time/touches this year.

roni3
    Participant

What’s up with people underrating Jaylen Brown. Kid looks like a stud, seems to have no glaring weakness, really athletic, decent shot, above handles, can play either wing position, strong frame, crazy motor and competes like crazy. I think he has all star potential for sure if not superstar potential. 76ers this is your guy 

roni3
    Participant

What’s up with people underrating Jaylen Brown. Kid looks like a stud, seems to have no glaring weakness, really athletic, decent shot, above handles, can play either wing position, strong frame, crazy motor and competes like crazy. I think he has all star potential for sure if not superstar potential. 76ers this is your guy 

Lotto Stud
    Participant

"Malik Newman – He can picked much higher if he can convince teams that he’s a point guard. He have great size to be a point guard, but those he have the basketball IQ and passing ability to be a full time point guard. He’s 6’4" player that can shoot the lights out the gym. Big time shot creator and scorer and it wouldn’t suprise me if he average 22-25 points per game in his first year in college."

That feat alone will continue to not persuade anyone, he is a full-time floor general. I absolutely love Malik Newman as a player with no doubts about his prowess because he’s the Second Coming to The Mississippi Bullet (Monta Ellis). But, I can assure you that he will be on ‘Go Mode’ from the moment he steps on the court opening night to light it up. The goal is to compete with LSU and Kentucky for coming out of the SEC as champs. I expect Newman’s career-high for total points scored in a game to be outrageous.

Thoughts on his McDonald’s Game performance…

"I like Malik Newman more than any prospect in this class, but his role as a facilitator did not suit him well, and it showed with his decision making. He looked very uncomfortable trying to setup others, due to him being a primary scorer. This is something, he must work on ASAP to make it on the elite level, while placing the label over his head to rest." -4/03/15

Lotto Stud
    Participant

"Malik Newman – He can picked much higher if he can convince teams that he’s a point guard. He have great size to be a point guard, but those he have the basketball IQ and passing ability to be a full time point guard. He’s 6’4" player that can shoot the lights out the gym. Big time shot creator and scorer and it wouldn’t suprise me if he average 22-25 points per game in his first year in college."

That feat alone will continue to not persuade anyone, he is a full-time floor general. I absolutely love Malik Newman as a player with no doubts about his prowess because he’s the Second Coming to The Mississippi Bullet (Monta Ellis). But, I can assure you that he will be on ‘Go Mode’ from the moment he steps on the court opening night to light it up. The goal is to compete with LSU and Kentucky for coming out of the SEC as champs. I expect Newman’s career-high for total points scored in a game to be outrageous.

Thoughts on his McDonald’s Game performance…

"I like Malik Newman more than any prospect in this class, but his role as a facilitator did not suit him well, and it showed with his decision making. He looked very uncomfortable trying to setup others, due to him being a primary scorer. This is something, he must work on ASAP to make it on the elite level, while placing the label over his head to rest." -4/03/15

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login