This topic contains 16 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar circumlocution75 7 years, 10 months ago.

• Author
    cavairo7
    Participant

Here is the list of players invited by the NBA courtesy of The Vertical’s Jonathan Givony.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/sources–fourteen-prospects-invited-to-draft-191735213.html

Wade Baldwin, Vanderbilt
    Dragan Bender, Maccabi Tel Aviv
    Jaylen Brown, Cal
    Marquese Chriss, Washington
    Deyonta Davis, Michigan State
    Kris Dunn, Providence
    Henry Ellenson, Marquette
    Buddy Hield, Oklahoma
    Brandon Ingram, Duke
    Skal Labissiere, Kentucky
    Jamal Murray, Kentucky
    Jakob Poeltl, Utah
    Domantas Sabonis, Gonzaga
    Ben Simmons, LSU

I agree with this list for the most part. What is surprising is that Bender is the only international/non-college player to be invited into the green room; Mudiay and Porzingis were invited in 2015 (Henzoja declined to attend) & Exum, Saric, and Nurkic in 2014). I thought maybe Korkmaz or Luwawu would get an invite as well. I believe Valentine, Dejounte Murray, and Brice Johnson should also have received an invite. What are your guy’s thoughts?

Participant

The list makes sense. It seems the league like every mock draft site but this one believes Wade Baldwin is likely a lottery pick.

Participant

The list makes sense. It seems the league like every mock draft site but this one believes Wade Baldwin is likely a lottery pick.

Evan_Milberg
    Participant

I’m fine with the list. Seems pretty safe. I’m ok with Korkmaz not getting an invite considering reports that he’s been slipping down mocks lately. I think all the other guys you listed (Luwawu, D. Murray, Johnson and Valentine) are all great prospects, but there’s a wide range where they could be taken and some may end up in the 20s. The only one that surprises me a little is Baldwin, who I see being taken in the 14-22 range. I get it, though. Every other draft site is really high on Baldwin, and I’m still confused why this site’s latest mock has him in the second round.

Evan_Milberg
    Participant

I’m fine with the list. Seems pretty safe. I’m ok with Korkmaz not getting an invite considering reports that he’s been slipping down mocks lately. I think all the other guys you listed (Luwawu, D. Murray, Johnson and Valentine) are all great prospects, but there’s a wide range where they could be taken and some may end up in the 20s. The only one that surprises me a little is Baldwin, who I see being taken in the 14-22 range. I get it, though. Every other draft site is really high on Baldwin, and I’m still confused why this site’s latest mock has him in the second round.

Hitster
    Participant

List looks fairly solid and if the NBA doesn’t have a good idea who will be picked where then who does?

I wonder what the highest position any none Green Room invitee has ever been drafted and the lowest an invitee has ended up being drafted.

blackflash234
      Participant

If I recall correctly, the highest position a non green room invitee went was Brandon Jennings 10th to the Bucks back in 2009. The lowest a green room invite was taken was Rashard who was taken in the 3rd pick in the 2nd round (32nd overall). 

blackflash234
      Participant

If I recall correctly, the highest position a non green room invitee went was Brandon Jennings 10th to the Bucks back in 2009. The lowest a green room invite was taken was Rashard who was taken in the 3rd pick in the 2nd round (32nd overall). 

Hitster
    Participant

List looks fairly solid and if the NBA doesn’t have a good idea who will be picked where then who does?

I wonder what the highest position any none Green Room invitee has ever been drafted and the lowest an invitee has ended up being drafted.

Hype Machine

Whats in the actual green room? 

Hype Machine

Whats in the actual green room? 

cavairo7
    Participant

The term green room is the space in a theatre or similar venue that functions as a waiting room and lounge for performers before the performance (in this case the draft itself), and during the show when they are not engaged on stage. During its conception, this space in the theater would be painted green but most modern green rooms are not painted this color.

cavairo7
    Participant

The term green room is the space in a theatre or similar venue that functions as a waiting room and lounge for performers before the performance (in this case the draft itself), and during the show when they are not engaged on stage. During its conception, this space in the theater would be painted green but most modern green rooms are not painted this color.

machu46
    Participant

Malachi Richardson and Dejounte Murray were also invited.

machu46
    Participant

Malachi Richardson and Dejounte Murray were also invited.

circumlocution75
    Participant

I read that Boston has the #32 pick overall (1st pick of 2nd round) b/c the Sixers former GM Doug Collins traded their 1st round pick in 2015 to Boston for Arnette Moultry???

The pick was top 5 protected………. & would Morph into the Sixers’ 2016 – 2nd rounder if not transferred in 2015 ——–

And that is a Big reason why the Sixers at the 2014 Draft chose Joel Embiid & Dario Saric ——– Two players who would Not play in 2014

So they could continue to tank & hold on to that Valuable 2015 Draft pick which turned out to be Jahlil Okafor #3 overall

circumlocution75
    Participant

I read that Boston has the #32 pick overall (1st pick of 2nd round) b/c the Sixers former GM Doug Collins traded their 1st round pick in 2015 to Boston for Arnette Moultry???

The pick was top 5 protected………. & would Morph into the Sixers’ 2016 – 2nd rounder if not transferred in 2015 ——–

And that is a Big reason why the Sixers at the 2014 Draft chose Joel Embiid & Dario Saric ——– Two players who would Not play in 2014

So they could continue to tank & hold on to that Valuable 2015 Draft pick which turned out to be Jahlil Okafor #3 overall

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login