This topic contains 14 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar nill650 7 years, 11 months ago.

• Author
    zcnumerouno
    Participant

More so in the NFL, but also in the NBA, some players’ stocks rise exponentially after the combine, while others’ fall of the map.

Any players you guys think will have a great combine, and therefore increase their stocks? Or any players that you believe will preform poorly and hurt their stocks? Any other surprises?

Maybe I’m a homer, but I believe Nigel Hayes will have a terrific combine. He’s a freak athletically – chiseled, long arms, quick and spry defender, and I think his shooting will be better than it was during the season, although I still would prefer Hayes to return to Madison for his senior year. I also think guys like Niang and Paige will struggle to adjust to the quickness of NBA athletes, and preform poorly at the combine.

Chrispy
    Participant

I don’t think Niang will be helped nor hurt by the combine. Everyone knows what they are getting (or not getting) at this point. I can see a guy like Sheldon Mcclellen making some moves simply because his athletic testing will be toward the top of the list.

Chrispy
    Participant

I don’t think Niang will be helped nor hurt by the combine. Everyone knows what they are getting (or not getting) at this point. I can see a guy like Sheldon Mcclellen making some moves simply because his athletic testing will be toward the top of the list.

Arc12345
    Participant

Pat Connaughton EXPONENTIALLY rose up draft boards after his crazy 44 inch vertical.

If you’re an undersized guy that can show off a good wingspan, speed, and leaping ability…it just might get you drafted. If you’re a guy who’s solid second round, it just might get you to the first round. If you’re a solid first round, it just might get you to the bottom of the lottery.

The combine can really have a big sway on people’s stock.

Arc12345
    Participant

Pat Connaughton EXPONENTIALLY rose up draft boards after his crazy 44 inch vertical.

If you’re an undersized guy that can show off a good wingspan, speed, and leaping ability…it just might get you drafted. If you’re a guy who’s solid second round, it just might get you to the first round. If you’re a solid first round, it just might get you to the bottom of the lottery.

The combine can really have a big sway on people’s stock.

Chilbert arenas
    Participant

I think you guys are overrating the combine here. I personally love it to compare apples to apples but it’s one of many aspects that effects ones stock. Yes it can help some guys sneak into the first round or get drafted 2nd round when they would have otherwise gone undrafted but who has ever fallen off the board due to combine? I think workouts with teams seem to have a bigger impact when it comes to those quick risers. 

Chilbert arenas
    Participant

I think you guys are overrating the combine here. I personally love it to compare apples to apples but it’s one of many aspects that effects ones stock. Yes it can help some guys sneak into the first round or get drafted 2nd round when they would have otherwise gone undrafted but who has ever fallen off the board due to combine? I think workouts with teams seem to have a bigger impact when it comes to those quick risers. 

BlueRivers25
    Participant

Miles wasn’t even on most boards to get drafted in the 2nd round, when Duke’s season ended.  After the combined he rose to 2nd round consideration.  Of course Indiana ended up drafting him in the 1st round when it was all said and done. 

BlueRivers25
    Participant

Miles wasn’t even on most boards to get drafted in the 2nd round, when Duke’s season ended.  After the combined he rose to 2nd round consideration.  Of course Indiana ended up drafting him in the 1st round when it was all said and done. 

nill650
    Participant

Caleb Swanigan on combine list of entries but cannot be added to mock pool…probably others as well.

nill650
    Participant

Caleb Swanigan on combine list of entries but cannot be added to mock pool…probably others as well.

he_gets_buckets
    Participant

I actually think Paige will rise a bit from the combine- I think he will shoot lights out in this environment, and he’s much more athletic then he shows in games, he’s got ups similar to how Jordan Farmar had a 40 inch vert but never really showed it off in games. I think Marcus will test out really well and boost his stock.

he_gets_buckets
    Participant

I actually think Paige will rise a bit from the combine- I think he will shoot lights out in this environment, and he’s much more athletic then he shows in games, he’s got ups similar to how Jordan Farmar had a 40 inch vert but never really showed it off in games. I think Marcus will test out really well and boost his stock.

nill650
      Participant

I agree he is a level headed kid with more skill than gets credit for, but he needs to hit the weights.

nill650
      Participant

I agree he is a level headed kid with more skill than gets credit for, but he needs to hit the weights.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login