This topic contains 28 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar BallerScript 8 years, 12 months ago.

• Author
    Garythedolphin
    Participant

Curious to know where people think these prospects will fit in, in the nba and how good they could be. Everyone in college looks like they could have potential but try to rank a lottery pick list on potential. the top 14 players expected to be drafted only looking at potential or who will get the farthest in the nba

Lotto Stud
    Participant

My obvious choice would be Emmanuel Mudiay, but I would like  to step outside of the norm and run with Kevon Looney. He will not be the "wow" guy like the rest because he doesn’t have a high motor, but he can fly under the radar off the strength of his style of play.

Lotto Stud
    Participant

My obvious choice would be Emmanuel Mudiay, but I would like  to step outside of the norm and run with Kevon Looney. He will not be the "wow" guy like the rest because he doesn’t have a high motor, but he can fly under the radar off the strength of his style of play.

Chilbert arenas
    Participant

I’m not a huge fan of him, yet at least, but with the size and skill set potential Karl Towns could be ridiculous. 

Chilbert arenas
    Participant

I’m not a huge fan of him, yet at least, but with the size and skill set potential Karl Towns could be ridiculous. 

juves4783
    Participant

i’d say myles turner is up there in terms of potential.  7-footer with a nice stroke from 3 and the ft line.  good athlete, active body.  has kg type moments.

looney at 6-10 and abilities to do a lot of different things.  has lamar odom type skills with his ball handling ability.

GBee
      Participant

looney does not handle the ball like a lamar odom. i’m not seeing that comparison at all.

juves4783
        Participant

it’s probably yet to be seen since he plays with 3 guards in powell, hamilton and alford but he did play pg his senior year in high school and was highly recruited as a combo forward.  if we’re talking about potential though, i’ll stand by my lamar odom type comparison….at worst, a healthy jonathan bender.

juves4783
        Participant

it’s probably yet to be seen since he plays with 3 guards in powell, hamilton and alford but he did play pg his senior year in high school and was highly recruited as a combo forward.  if we’re talking about potential though, i’ll stand by my lamar odom type comparison….at worst, a healthy jonathan bender.

GBee
      Participant

looney does not handle the ball like a lamar odom. i’m not seeing that comparison at all.

KDThunder35
      Participant

Looney reminds me of Al-Farouq Aminu.  Very good rebounder and run up and down athlete, just too skinny to be a very effective power forward in the NBA and not enough skill set to play the 3 in the NBA.

I see his role as similar to Aminu’s in the NBA more or less.

KDThunder35
      Participant

Looney reminds me of Al-Farouq Aminu.  Very good rebounder and run up and down athlete, just too skinny to be a very effective power forward in the NBA and not enough skill set to play the 3 in the NBA.

I see his role as similar to Aminu’s in the NBA more or less.

juves4783
    Participant

i’d say myles turner is up there in terms of potential.  7-footer with a nice stroke from 3 and the ft line.  good athlete, active body.  has kg type moments.

looney at 6-10 and abilities to do a lot of different things.  has lamar odom type skills with his ball handling ability.

lalaila
    Participant

Is it me or this year’s class will have a lot of great freshmen,  just as much or maybe even more than so much hyped last year’s draft.. especially big men, most of them still plays limited minutes for different reasons, but they all have nice abilities and their production looks just great..look at those per 32minutes (more realistic than per36 in college) stats:

Jahlil Okafor- 20.7pts 9.2rebs 2ast 1.9blks

Karl Towns- 13.8pts 12.7rebs 2.8ast 5.2!!!blks

Myles Turner – 19.2pts 11.3rebs 1.8ast 5.3!!!blks

all three plays on really good teams, all three has some real NBA skills and are comparable to some of nba allstars

then you can add Kevon Looney with 14ppg 11rpg 2apg in 30minutes 

Chris McCullough with his 15ppg 9rpg around 2steals 2blocks shows some real potential

and he can’t forget abour Alexander either his per32 stats also looks great around  17/12

RUDEBOY_
      Participant

yeah for the first time ever..we might have only freshmen selected in the top 10…the only guys i see stopping stopping that from happening might be cauley stein,portzingis,mario hezonja,harrell and maybe hollis jefferson…..

RUDEBOY_
      Participant

yeah for the first time ever..we might have only freshmen selected in the top 10…the only guys i see stopping stopping that from happening might be cauley stein,portzingis,mario hezonja,harrell and maybe hollis jefferson…..

lalaila
    Participant

Is it me or this year’s class will have a lot of great freshmen,  just as much or maybe even more than so much hyped last year’s draft.. especially big men, most of them still plays limited minutes for different reasons, but they all have nice abilities and their production looks just great..look at those per 32minutes (more realistic than per36 in college) stats:

Jahlil Okafor- 20.7pts 9.2rebs 2ast 1.9blks

Karl Towns- 13.8pts 12.7rebs 2.8ast 5.2!!!blks

Myles Turner – 19.2pts 11.3rebs 1.8ast 5.3!!!blks

all three plays on really good teams, all three has some real NBA skills and are comparable to some of nba allstars

then you can add Kevon Looney with 14ppg 11rpg 2apg in 30minutes 

Chris McCullough with his 15ppg 9rpg around 2steals 2blocks shows some real potential

and he can’t forget abour Alexander either his per32 stats also looks great around  17/12

53boston
    Participant

i like Towns’s potential in the long run over okafor. better defender, and has the potential to put up numbers similar to Cousins some day.

53boston
    Participant

i like Towns’s potential in the long run over okafor. better defender, and has the potential to put up numbers similar to Cousins some day.

RUDEBOY_
    Participant

d’angelo russell is no longer a sleeper..he’s played his way unto lottery consideration on alot of draft mocks online…

these guys might do the same before season end..

*sabonis from gonzaga..he’s been so affective in the 19 minutes he plays, averaging 12 pts/6 rbs and shooting an amazing 79% fg….

*theo pinson isnt scoring much,but he has shown the ability to produce in alot of areas….

*grayson allen has impressed me..i like the eric gordon comparision taylorgang mike gave..allen’s minutes have been inconsistent,but by conference play i believe he’ll be an important part of their rotation…

Andrew1984
      Participant

Totally agree on Grayson Allen.

Andrew1984
      Participant

Totally agree on Grayson Allen.

RUDEBOY_
    Participant

d’angelo russell is no longer a sleeper..he’s played his way unto lottery consideration on alot of draft mocks online…

these guys might do the same before season end..

*sabonis from gonzaga..he’s been so affective in the 19 minutes he plays, averaging 12 pts/6 rbs and shooting an amazing 79% fg….

*theo pinson isnt scoring much,but he has shown the ability to produce in alot of areas….

*grayson allen has impressed me..i like the eric gordon comparision taylorgang mike gave..allen’s minutes have been inconsistent,but by conference play i believe he’ll be an important part of their rotation…

Memphisboy14
    Participant

I don’t know if it’s just me but he seems more and more like the next Thomas Robinson to me sometimes.

Memphisboy14
    Participant

I don’t know if it’s just me but he seems more and more like the next Thomas Robinson to me sometimes.

Tedy Bukasa
    Participant

This draft class is pretty solid. One of the players who has caught my attention besides the ones the y’all named is Caris Levert. Very smooth all-around game. Still extremely skinny, but that will come with time. I’m not sure how good he is going to be, but the talent is there…Not sure if I agree with the Jamal Crawford comp on this site.

Tedy Bukasa
    Participant

This draft class is pretty solid. One of the players who has caught my attention besides the ones the y’all named is Caris Levert. Very smooth all-around game. Still extremely skinny, but that will come with time. I’m not sure how good he is going to be, but the talent is there…Not sure if I agree with the Jamal Crawford comp on this site.

BallerScript
    Participant

I think Jerian Grant from Notre Dame will be a solid NBA PG in a few years. He is avergaing 16 points, 6 assists, 2 steals and 3 rebounds and seems to be a very versatile player on both ends of the court. I believe that if put on the right team could be an immediate impact player.

BallerScript
    Participant

I think Jerian Grant from Notre Dame will be a solid NBA PG in a few years. He is avergaing 16 points, 6 assists, 2 steals and 3 rebounds and seems to be a very versatile player on both ends of the court. I believe that if put on the right team could be an immediate impact player.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login