This topic contains 14 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar King Calucha 8 years, 9 months ago.

• Author
    ChicagoCasey
    Participant

As expected Karl-Anthony Towns went number one and D’Angelo Russell and Jahlil Okafor filled out the top three. You had you big drops in this draft and you have your late rises iin this draft. You had you potential steals in this draft and your potential reaches also in this draft. I liked this class as a whole from the top 2 big man and the great two way wings and the depth at point guard. 

Winners

Miami – They drafted a guy at 10 who can potentially can become the best player in this draft in Justise Winslow. Justise Winslow was projected to be a top 7 pick that could’ve been the 4th pick in the draft. They got someone that they can groom to become the next "Heat  Lifer" and the face of Miami when Dwyane Wade is finished.

Brooklyn – Brooklyn have got a potential lottery pick talent when healthy in Chris McCullough and have traded for a guy that many pegged to be a top 10 pick if he had a jumper in Rondae Hollis-Jefferson. Brooklyn had to draft on potential due to the fact that they are limited in draft picks in the many years. 

Denver – Emmanuel Mudiay is a top 4 talent and arguably the best point guard in this draft and they drafted him at 7. Mudiay gives them a true franchise player since they traded Carmelo Anthony to the New York Knicks. They are looking to reload and rebuild this team and whos better to do it than a potential star.

Washington – The Wizards are a playoff team with a great young core and that core has expanded with Kelly Oubre. Kelly Oubre have as much potential as any wing in this draft. He shown flashes of being a great shooter, slasher, and defender. I compare him to Jimmy Butler / Paul George. If you get a guy with the potential like that while giving up nothing trading up I would see you as a winner, Oubre will be great next to John Wall

Houston – They took the best player available with both of their picks and I love it. Montrezl Harrell is a high motor energy guy tha will rin the floor hard and give you extra oppotunities on offense. Sam  Dekker fills a void on the wing .

Losers

Boston – I felt like Boston reached on Terry Rozier and they didn’t address their biggest draft need ( bigs ). The Celtics took three guards while they already have Marcus Smart, Isiah Thomas, Avery Bradley, and James Young. They should’ve drafted Bobby Portis to fill a position of need. 

Philadelphia – Their draft is a mixed bag with me because I love the Okafor pick and I believe he and Noel will be perfect together, but I felt like they needed a guard and some shooting. In the second round they went with mostly bigs. I felt they should’ve went with Olivier Hanlan, Joseph Young, or Andrew Harrison to at least give them some depth.

Atlanta – I put them on here because they didn’t make any sense at all. They traded the 15 pick for second round picks and the 19th pick and the 19th pick for Tim Hardaway. I won’t go all in on the Hawks due to the fact that they might did this because they want to sign DeMarre Carroll and Paul Millsap.

Portland – I just fell blank on what they are doing. They have Myers Leornard and Noah Vonleh and they traded Rondae Hollis-Jefferson for Mason Plumlee. That’s all.

Biggest Steal in draft  

Justise Winslow – I believed he’s the 4th best prospect in the draft and James Harden like ceiling. The Heat took him at 10 and in 5 years everyone will be like "How did Justise Winslow fell that far in the draft" 

Biggest Gamble in draft 

D’Angelo Russell –  I believe the Lakers went style over substance. They went with the sexier pick and the pick that would put fans and high level celebrities in the Staple Center. I do believe D’Angelo Russell will be a great player in this league, but I believe in 3-5 years the Lakers will regret by not taking a transcended center, in my honest opinion. 

Best Value Pick in first round

Bobby Portis, Chicago Bulls – In my last mock draft I had Bobby Portis going 15 to Atlanta and potenrially moving to 12. The Bulls got him at 22. They got the best player available at that point in time and they will fill a need in the near future.

Robb_CRobb_C
    Robb_C
    Participant

I agree with you on everything but Oubre.. He’s going to be a Bust… No doubt in my mind

Robb_CRobb_C
    Robb_C
    Participant

I agree with you on everything but Oubre.. He’s going to be a Bust… No doubt in my mind

ChicagoCasey
      Participant

Maybe, maybe not. I believe he will be a great player and with John Wall as his point guard will make him better. He have tons of potential to me and he can be Jimmy Butler if everything goes as plan

ChicagoCasey
      Participant

Maybe, maybe not. I believe he will be a great player and with John Wall as his point guard will make him better. He have tons of potential to me and he can be Jimmy Butler if everything goes as plan

Mr. HookShot
    Participant

Worst pick: Terry Rozier to the Celtics?

Mr. HookShot
    Participant

Worst pick: Terry Rozier to the Celtics?

Rip255

Re: Your point on the Lakers pick. You refer to Okafor as a "Transcendent Center."

That description’s a bit rich isn’t it? I expect him to be pretty good, but I hardly expect him to transcend the sport of basketball with his abilities?

How loosely are we throwing the word "transcendent" here? If I’m not mistaken, that generally means guys like Jordan, Lebron, Magic etc….who’s iconic status goes beyond just basketball and into mainstream culture.

Sorry if I’m nit-picking here….but surely Okafor is surely not a ‘transcendent’ talent. 

ChicagoCasey
      Participant

Probably I used that word a little too losely. I do believe he will become as perrenial all-star, be a 20-25 point scorer, and lead this team to great things.

ChicagoCasey
      Participant

Probably I used that word a little too losely. I do believe he will become as perrenial all-star, be a 20-25 point scorer, and lead this team to great things.

Rip255

Re: Your point on the Lakers pick. You refer to Okafor as a "Transcendent Center."

That description’s a bit rich isn’t it? I expect him to be pretty good, but I hardly expect him to transcend the sport of basketball with his abilities?

How loosely are we throwing the word "transcendent" here? If I’m not mistaken, that generally means guys like Jordan, Lebron, Magic etc….who’s iconic status goes beyond just basketball and into mainstream culture.

Sorry if I’m nit-picking here….but surely Okafor is surely not a ‘transcendent’ talent. 

CameronCrazy11
    Participant

I really think Minnesota came away as the biggest winner. They got arguably the best player in the draft at #1 in Karl-Anthony Towns and picked up a good value guy from Cleveland at #24 in Tyus Jones (not to mention, he’s from Minnesota). Towns is the big man this franchise needs, and Jones is going to be at worst a solid back-up point guard. They’ve got a bright future up in the Twin Cities.

CameronCrazy11
    Participant

I really think Minnesota came away as the biggest winner. They got arguably the best player in the draft at #1 in Karl-Anthony Towns and picked up a good value guy from Cleveland at #24 in Tyus Jones (not to mention, he’s from Minnesota). Towns is the big man this franchise needs, and Jones is going to be at worst a solid back-up point guard. They’ve got a bright future up in the Twin Cities.

King Calucha
    Participant

In my opinion, RHJ is going to struggle getting minutes in any NBA team. Giving up a somewhat OK big man for him is a terrible trade. Unless… the Nets know something we don’t.

King Calucha
    Participant

In my opinion, RHJ is going to struggle getting minutes in any NBA team. Giving up a somewhat OK big man for him is a terrible trade. Unless… the Nets know something we don’t.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login