This topic contains 68 replies, has 22 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar machu46 8 years, 11 months ago.

• Author
    mikeyvthedon
    Participant

Player Anthropometric results were released, so figured might as well post them and get the discussion rolling. Aran will have them on the main page later, but in the mean time here is the link to the results:

http://stats.nba.com/draftcombine/#!/anthro/

Lowest Body Fat %: [Player: Michael Qualls] (4.0%), [Player: JP Tokoto]/[Player: Joseph Young] (4.1%), [Player: Olivier Hanlan] (4.3%)

Highest Body Fat %: [Player: Dakari Johnson] (14.9%), [Player: Christian Wood] (14.7%), [Player: Robert Upshaw] (12.5%)

Longest Wingspan: Robert Upshaw (7’5.5), [Player: Rakeem Christmas] (7’5.25), [Player: Montrezl Harrell] (7’4.25)

Highest Standing Reach: Robert Upshaw (9’5), Dakari Johnson/[Player: Myles Turner] (9’4), Christian Wood (9’3.5)

Here are the measurements for guys the site currently has in the first round of the 2015 Mock Draft. Am only going to give the height without shoes, as while I know all prospects shoes are not necessarily the same, we just add 1.25 inches and either round up at .75 or down at .25/.5 from this for the measurement we give on the players profile. Am going to leave off the hand measurements, though I suggest you check them out, they are interesting:

[Player: DAngelo Russell]: 6’3.25 (height without shoes), 193.4 (lbs), 6’9.75 (wingspan), 8’6 (standing reach), 8.3% (body fat percentage)

[Player: Justise Winslow]: 6’4.5, 221.8, 6’10.25, 8’8.5, 5.3%

[Player: Stanley Johnson]: 6’5, 241.8, 6’11.5, 8’6, 7.5%

[Player: Trey Lyles]: 6’9, 241.2, 7’1.5, 9’0, 12.1%

[Player: Willie Cauley Stein]: 6’11.25, 242.4, 7’3, 9’3, 6.3%

[Player: Kelly Oubre]: 6’5.75, 202.8, 7’2.25, 8’6.5, 5.7%

[Player: Myles Turner]: 6’9.75, 238.6, 7’4, 9’4, 9.3%

[Player: Sam Dekker]: 6’7.75, 218.6, 6’11.5, 8’10, 7.5%

[Player: Cameron Payne]: 6’0.75, 182.6, 6’7.25, 8’1.5, 6.3%

[Player: Bobby Portis]: 6’9.75, 246.2, 7’2, 9’0.5, 8.9%

[Player: Frank Kaminsky]: 6’11.75, 231.2, 6’11, 9’1.5, 9.4%

[Player: Kevon Looney]: 6’8, 222.4, 7’3.5, 9’2, 11.9%

[Player: Devin Booker]: 6’4.5, 205.8, 6’8.25, 8’6.5, 8.3%

[Player: Jerian Grant]: 6’3.25, 198, 6’7.5, 8’4, 5.6%

[Player: Montrezl Harrell]: 6’7, 253.4, 7’4.25, 9’1, 11.9%

[Player: Tyus Jones]: 6’0.25, 184.6, 6’5, 8’1, 6.5%

[Player: Delon Wright]: 6’4.25, 181.4, 6’7.5, 8’5.5, 6.6%

[Player: Justin Anderson]: 6’5.25, 230.6, 6’11.75, 8’5, 5%

[Player: Terry Rozier]: 6’0.75, 190.2, 6’8.25, 8’2.5, 5.6%

[Player: Rondae Hollis Jefferson]: 6’5.5, 210.8, 7’2, 8’8, 5%

[Player: RJ Hunter]: 6’4.5, 185, 6’10.5, 8’8, 6%

[Player: Jarell Martin]: 6’8, 238.6, 6’9.75, 8’10.5, 10.1%

[Player: Chris McCullough]: 6’8.25, 199, 7’3.25, 9’1, 6.2%

[Player: Christian Wood]: 6’9.25, 216, 7’3.25, 9’3.5, 14.7%

[Player: Norman Powell]: 6’3, 215.4, 6’10.75, 8’6.5, 6.4%

Any thoughts on the winners and losers? Will definitely have our take up soon. As always, some surprising numbers coming to the forefront.

For_Never_Ever
    Participant

Stanley Johnson isn’t really a legit 6’7ht can hurt him. Because he projects to be a SF more than anything, and is thought to be a big defender. He has average size or a little under sized for the position in the NBA.

For_Never_Ever
    Participant

Stanley Johnson isn’t really a legit 6’7ht can hurt him. Because he projects to be a SF more than anything, and is thought to be a big defender. He has average size or a little under sized for the position in the NBA.

I.C.Y.U.NV.ME
    Participant

His weight kind of surprised me. I thought he would of beefed up a little more to play the 3, but at 222 he seems better suited for sg. I think that’s where he’ll have the most success.

I.C.Y.U.NV.ME
    Participant

His weight kind of surprised me. I thought he would of beefed up a little more to play the 3, but at 222 he seems better suited for sg. I think that’s where he’ll have the most success.

wonzi_bells
      Participant

Well, 225 lb is a standard size for small forwards. There’s a variance that is probably being 215-235 lbs for the position, depending on your height and body frame. Plus, you should always factor in that players will gain 10-15 lbs once they grow into their careers. Anywho, Winslow is just a wing and he can play either position to me, alas Jimmy Butler. So, it’ll depend on which franchise chooses him.

wonzi_bells
      Participant

Well, 225 lb is a standard size for small forwards. There’s a variance that is probably being 215-235 lbs for the position, depending on your height and body frame. Plus, you should always factor in that players will gain 10-15 lbs once they grow into their careers. Anywho, Winslow is just a wing and he can play either position to me, alas Jimmy Butler. So, it’ll depend on which franchise chooses him.

For_Never_Ever
    Participant

Trey Lyles has all around very solid good measurements. I always thought he looked 6’8.

For_Never_Ever
    Participant

Trey Lyles has all around very solid good measurements. I always thought he looked 6’8.

TheLastWord
    Participant

Stanley is tiny. SFs will simply shoot over him. Stock plummeting. 

TheLastWord
    Participant

Stanley is tiny. SFs will simply shoot over him. Stock plummeting. 

B-ball fan
      Participant

That should help him.  Although Johnson is both taller and longer, so Russell may just have extended more for the reach measurement.

I still like Johnson, because he is strong and quick enough to make up for any lack of size.  I do think people make too big of a deal about measurements.  I think Sacramento should learn from their mistake passing on Kawhi and should select Johnson as their SF of the future.  Gay and Johnson could play together at the forward positions in the meantime, at least against certain matchups.

B-ball fan
      Participant

That should help him.  Although Johnson is both taller and longer, so Russell may just have extended more for the reach measurement.

I still like Johnson, because he is strong and quick enough to make up for any lack of size.  I do think people make too big of a deal about measurements.  I think Sacramento should learn from their mistake passing on Kawhi and should select Johnson as their SF of the future.  Gay and Johnson could play together at the forward positions in the meantime, at least against certain matchups.

For_Never_Ever
        Participant
        I think the measurements matters a lot especially for the SF position in the NBA. When it seems like the average height is at least 6’8 now, wingspand 7ft.

He is strong, but the thing is consider Stanley Jonson to be in around the average athlete category. I don’t think he is all that fast/quick either having better measurments would have off set that.

For_Never_Ever
        Participant
        I think the measurements matters a lot especially for the SF position in the NBA. When it seems like the average height is at least 6’8 now, wingspand 7ft.

He is strong, but the thing is consider Stanley Jonson to be in around the average athlete category. I don’t think he is all that fast/quick either having better measurments would have off set that.

B-ball fan
          Participant

He isn’t super explosive and is clearly not in the same category as Justise Winslow, but he has pretty quick feet, especially for how big and strong he is.  But, yeah, he probably is not as good an athlete as he was billed as.  I think he is probably still on pace to be a good starting SF in the league, but, yeah, he isn’t a super high upside prosepct.

B-ball fan
          Participant

He isn’t super explosive and is clearly not in the same category as Justise Winslow, but he has pretty quick feet, especially for how big and strong he is.  But, yeah, he probably is not as good an athlete as he was billed as.  I think he is probably still on pace to be a good starting SF in the league, but, yeah, he isn’t a super high upside prosepct.

arambone2

Half an inch taller than Booker, who actually has a higher standing reach. 

8’6" standing reach for Johnson puts him below average for a small forward, and his athleticism is average/below average for SF in the NBA. 

For all the hype about his defensive ability, the fact is RHJ was always guarding the opposing team’s best player, so of course Johnson would look better against 2nd/3rd option college guys.

Johnson was interviewed just the other day about playing some stretch PF, but that idea just went out the window.

arambone2

Half an inch taller than Booker, who actually has a higher standing reach. 

8’6" standing reach for Johnson puts him below average for a small forward, and his athleticism is average/below average for SF in the NBA. 

For all the hype about his defensive ability, the fact is RHJ was always guarding the opposing team’s best player, so of course Johnson would look better against 2nd/3rd option college guys.

Johnson was interviewed just the other day about playing some stretch PF, but that idea just went out the window.

Skeating12345
    Participant

measuring at 6’8 without shoes is huge for his stock. Guy will be a problem in the league. I may get negged for this but I personally would take him over Lyles

Skeating12345
    Participant

measuring at 6’8 without shoes is huge for his stock. Guy will be a problem in the league. I may get negged for this but I personally would take him over Lyles

CameronCrazy11
    Participant

I’ve always wondered why coaches would list their players as being taller than they are since it would ultimately get exposed when the official measurements come out anyway. For example if I had a 2 guard who was 6’3.75" without shoes, I’d list him at 6’3" in our program knowing that when he measures out come draft time he’ll surprise the scouts and be a legit 6’5" in shoes and ultimately see his draft stock rise. I’ve noticed that Billy Donovan had done that in the past with his Florida guys (Bradley Beal being the most recent).

CameronCrazy11
    Participant

I’ve always wondered why coaches would list their players as being taller than they are since it would ultimately get exposed when the official measurements come out anyway. For example if I had a 2 guard who was 6’3.75" without shoes, I’d list him at 6’3" in our program knowing that when he measures out come draft time he’ll surprise the scouts and be a legit 6’5" in shoes and ultimately see his draft stock rise. I’ve noticed that Billy Donovan had done that in the past with his Florida guys (Bradley Beal being the most recent).

arambone2

You never get a second chance to make a good first impression.

Our biases based on the false measurements will never be fully whiped clean.

Stanley Johnson still benefits from the previous lie about his height.

arambone2

You never get a second chance to make a good first impression.

Our biases based on the false measurements will never be fully whiped clean.

Stanley Johnson still benefits from the previous lie about his height.

Chilbert arenas
    Participant

We all knew Montrez wasn’t going to measure at PF height, but his standing reach and wing span make up for it. I’d take it as a win.

Chilbert arenas
    Participant

We all knew Montrez wasn’t going to measure at PF height, but his standing reach and wing span make up for it. I’d take it as a win.

King Calucha
      Participant

Yup. That just put him in the11-16 conversation. Kaminksky is almost 7’1” on shoes. Good day for those guys.

King Calucha
      Participant

Yup. That just put him in the11-16 conversation. Kaminksky is almost 7’1” on shoes. Good day for those guys.

CameronCrazy11
      Participant

Did you notice his height with shoes? He went from 6’7" without to 6’7.5" with them. He must’ve been wearing the most worn out pair of shoes you could imagine.

CameronCrazy11
      Participant

Did you notice his height with shoes? He went from 6’7" without to 6’7.5" with them. He must’ve been wearing the most worn out pair of shoes you could imagine.

RUDEBOY_
    Participant

there was a huge typo made on vince hunter’s height with & without shoes…lol

lhref=”http://www.uploadhouse.com/viewfile.php?id=21132559&showlnk=0″ target=”_blank”>Image Hosted by UploadHouse.com

RUDEBOY_
    Participant

there was a huge typo made on vince hunter’s height with & without shoes…lol

lhref=”http://www.uploadhouse.com/viewfile.php?id=21132559&showlnk=0″ target=”_blank”>Image Hosted by UploadHouse.com

wonzi_bells
    Participant

Nobody is surprised at Cameron Payne’s wingspan? It’s excellent for the point guard position.

TheLastWord
      Participant

It’s good for his height, but his frame is very thin for a 20 year old and he’s not explosive to boot.

TheLastWord
      Participant

It’s good for his height, but his frame is very thin for a 20 year old and he’s not explosive to boot.

wonzi_bells
    Participant

Nobody is surprised at Cameron Payne’s wingspan? It’s excellent for the point guard position.

Magic Jordan
    Participant

Nobody mentioned Tyus Jones coming in at 6’2" in shoes with a 6’5" wingspan.  Not great but probably better than most were expecting he could only help himself.

machu46
      Participant

Based on the pictures of them measuring guys, it looks like the 6’2" was including his hair, which gives him at least an extra 2 or 3 inches lol.

I can’t believe that’s actually how they measure guy’s heights though; they can’t possibly be dumb enough to give them extra height for their hair, right?

The 6’2" was definitely better than I was expecting if that isn’t including his hair.

machu46
      Participant

Based on the pictures of them measuring guys, it looks like the 6’2" was including his hair, which gives him at least an extra 2 or 3 inches lol.

I can’t believe that’s actually how they measure guy’s heights though; they can’t possibly be dumb enough to give them extra height for their hair, right?

The 6’2" was definitely better than I was expecting if that isn’t including his hair.

Magic Jordan
    Participant

Nobody mentioned Tyus Jones coming in at 6’2" in shoes with a 6’5" wingspan.  Not great but probably better than most were expecting he could only help himself.

mgreener_34
    Participant

Damn Booker was known to have a tiny wingspan, so I’m pumped to see it’s actually not that bad at all. The player he’s most compared to, KlayThompson, actually posted similar numbers, so take that for what it’s worth. 

Also, wow at Robert Upshaw. Being a legit 7′ in shoes with a near 7’6 wingspan. Celtics better draft this guy if he falls to the Clippers pick, they need that kind of length on D. 

Trey Lyles is the clear winner for me though, as he has legit size for an NBA 4 man

mgreener_34
    Participant

Damn Booker was known to have a tiny wingspan, so I’m pumped to see it’s actually not that bad at all. The player he’s most compared to, KlayThompson, actually posted similar numbers, so take that for what it’s worth. 

Also, wow at Robert Upshaw. Being a legit 7′ in shoes with a near 7’6 wingspan. Celtics better draft this guy if he falls to the Clippers pick, they need that kind of length on D. 

Trey Lyles is the clear winner for me though, as he has legit size for an NBA 4 man

drk3351
    Participant

At my inital glance winner is Tyus Jones loser is Stanley.

drk3351
    Participant

At my inital glance winner is Tyus Jones loser is Stanley.

ItsVictorOladipo
    Participant

Both Bobby Portis and Myles Turner ended up being a bit taller than I expected. With Turner’s length measurables he might be able to play alot of center.

ItsVictorOladipo
    Participant

Both Bobby Portis and Myles Turner ended up being a bit taller than I expected. With Turner’s length measurables he might be able to play alot of center.

SmooveKRYPT
    Participant

Am I the only one who sees Cam Payne as a loser with these measurements? When I first started hearing about him he was talked about as being 6’3-6’4. He measured smaller than Tyus Jones in height and weight. He’s already not explosive or particularly great finishing at the rim. I saw his workout video on the dx youtube channel and he was mentioning struggling with the NBA 3pt line being further than he expected and with the mechanics he showed, he’s gonna have trouble making shots early on. I’m concerned about him

SmooveKRYPT
    Participant

Am I the only one who sees Cam Payne as a loser with these measurements? When I first started hearing about him he was talked about as being 6’3-6’4. He measured smaller than Tyus Jones in height and weight. He’s already not explosive or particularly great finishing at the rim. I saw his workout video on the dx youtube channel and he was mentioning struggling with the NBA 3pt line being further than he expected and with the mechanics he showed, he’s gonna have trouble making shots early on. I’m concerned about him

llperez

just read through the list and i noticed kaminsky is the only guy on the entire list with a wingspan shorter then his actual height without shoes. Hell be listed as 7-1 in the nba which is great but there are 6-4 gaurds with longer wingspans then him. Dude has some serious alligator arms.

llperez

just read through the list and i noticed kaminsky is the only guy on the entire list with a wingspan shorter then his actual height without shoes. Hell be listed as 7-1 in the nba which is great but there are 6-4 gaurds with longer wingspans then him. Dude has some serious alligator arms.

DukeDaSquad
    Participant

See no one talking about George de Paula. His measurements really surprised me. He is 6’5" with a 7 foot wingspan and the biggest hands of any guard there. He is listed as a point guard which means he has elite size for the position

TheLastWord
      Participant

Not sure he is a PG at the next level. Closer to a poor man’s Tyreke Evans.

TheLastWord
      Participant

Not sure he is a PG at the next level. Closer to a poor man’s Tyreke Evans.

machu46
      Participant

A lot of people don’t know who he is, but if you’ve read up on him, these were just about the measurements you would have expected.  He’s a freak in terms of measurements; doesn’t look to be super athletic though, and his shot is ugly.

Extremely raw, but interesting prospect.

machu46
      Participant

A lot of people don’t know who he is, but if you’ve read up on him, these were just about the measurements you would have expected.  He’s a freak in terms of measurements; doesn’t look to be super athletic though, and his shot is ugly.

Extremely raw, but interesting prospect.

DukeDaSquad
    Participant

See no one talking about George de Paula. His measurements really surprised me. He is 6’5" with a 7 foot wingspan and the biggest hands of any guard there. He is listed as a point guard which means he has elite size for the position

trelos6
    Participant

Great find mahad7491. Payne’s got a 6’7" wingspan!

Johnson has a high motor.  I think he is MKG with a better jump shot.  He’ll probably fall to 11-12 now.  Potentially a good pickup for Miami/Indiana/Utah

trelos6
    Participant

Great find mahad7491. Payne’s got a 6’7" wingspan!

Johnson has a high motor.  I think he is MKG with a better jump shot.  He’ll probably fall to 11-12 now.  Potentially a good pickup for Miami/Indiana/Utah

omphalos
    Participant

Just want to say it really sucks that KAT, Okafor and Mudiay decided to skip the combine, it sucks not being able to see the measurements of the top prospects in the draft.

I was curious to see what sort of shape KAT came in to the combine with.

omphalos
    Participant

Just want to say it really sucks that KAT, Okafor and Mudiay decided to skip the combine, it sucks not being able to see the measurements of the top prospects in the draft.

I was curious to see what sort of shape KAT came in to the combine with.

King Calucha
    Participant

I already mentioned this in another thread: Jarrell Martin has t-rex arms. I really like his game, but this is probably putting him in the 23-40 range.

King Calucha
    Participant

I already mentioned this in another thread: Jarrell Martin has t-rex arms. I really like his game, but this is probably putting him in the 23-40 range.

sitlbito
    Participant

George Lucas or George de Paula has insane measurements. Funny considering he comes from Pinheiros,same team as Caboclo,who has himself a crazy wingspan. I hear Lucas had the best wingspan ever measured for a PG.

I think these measurements are important mostly for guys like Jarell Martin who impress because they weren’t officially measured in a long time. I don’t think it changes that much if a guy measures one inch taller or smaller.

sitlbito
    Participant

George Lucas or George de Paula has insane measurements. Funny considering he comes from Pinheiros,same team as Caboclo,who has himself a crazy wingspan. I hear Lucas had the best wingspan ever measured for a PG.

I think these measurements are important mostly for guys like Jarell Martin who impress because they weren’t officially measured in a long time. I don’t think it changes that much if a guy measures one inch taller or smaller.

mgreener_34
    Participant

Another thing worth mentioning is the interview process, and most noticably Myles Turner’s. He goes on to talk about that hitch in his step, and how it was caused by lack of leg stregth. He’s hired a personal trainer and is working out non-stop. If he’s a more fluid athlete with those measurements and high character, I wouldn’t be surprised to see him go in the top 8. 

mgreener_34
    Participant

Another thing worth mentioning is the interview process, and most noticably Myles Turner’s. He goes on to talk about that hitch in his step, and how it was caused by lack of leg stregth. He’s hired a personal trainer and is working out non-stop. If he’s a more fluid athlete with those measurements and high character, I wouldn’t be surprised to see him go in the top 8. 

machu46
    Participant

He’s a marginal prospect, but Rakeem Christmas measuring out at just under 6’10" in shoes with a 7’5" wingspan is huge for him.  He should be able to play center in the NBA, which is what he’s far better suited for.

machu46
    Participant

He’s a marginal prospect, but Rakeem Christmas measuring out at just under 6’10" in shoes with a 7’5" wingspan is huge for him.  He should be able to play center in the NBA, which is what he’s far better suited for.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login