This topic contains 22 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar European Basketballer 8 years, 9 months ago.

• Author
    European Basketballer
    Participant

Now that the NBA Draft is over, we can focus on this tournament. It is being hosted by Greece, and it takes place in Heraklion, Crete.

Here is the website:

http://www.fiba.com/world/u19/2015

The games are all being streamed live by FIBA on FIBA’s YouTube channel. You can go right to the main home page of the website to see what is playing live at the time, and how many hours it is until each game starts.

Also, here is the schedule for the playlist right at YouTube:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLCXERy73Oiz-nmGvJZFrQX43LFWAkzfW0

Choppy
    Participant

Didn’t even know it was on. 

Choppy
    Participant

Didn’t even know it was on. 

Rip255

The Australian team has been getting whipped because none of their best players are taking part. I’d be curious to know if thats the case with other teams. 

Rip255

The Australian team has been getting whipped because none of their best players are taking part. I’d be curious to know if thats the case with other teams. 

r377r377
      r377
      Participant

Do you know much about Angus Glover ?

He is a 16yo ranga PG who will be able to play again in u19 in two years. He only just made the cut but I read he is looking to go over and play college ball in America…..

r377r377
      r377
      Participant

Do you know much about Angus Glover ?

He is a 16yo ranga PG who will be able to play again in u19 in two years. He only just made the cut but I read he is looking to go over and play college ball in America…..

SwaggyVC
        Participant

Umm  he plays the division above me at the same club (illawarra hawks). Hes an athletic 6’4 combo guard with a nice lefty jumper. He works hard on his game and has college offers (i think, at least he says he does). He was the starting guard for the u18s team that won at nationals this year and he played pretty well. Definitely a div 1 college talent imo.

SwaggyVC
        Participant

Umm  he plays the division above me at the same club (illawarra hawks). Hes an athletic 6’4 combo guard with a nice lefty jumper. He works hard on his game and has college offers (i think, at least he says he does). He was the starting guard for the u18s team that won at nationals this year and he played pretty well. Definitely a div 1 college talent imo.

r377r377
    r377
    Participant

Good post Euro.

Dragan Bender Croatia, Vaulet Argentina (taken in last weeks draft) Korkmaz and Guvan Turkey.

Any others we should be watching ?

r377r377
    r377
    Participant

Good post Euro.

Dragan Bender Croatia, Vaulet Argentina (taken in last weeks draft) Korkmaz and Guvan Turkey.

Any others we should be watching ?

tyler dorsey is great

tyler dorsey is great

GBee
    Participant

Surprised that there aren’t more comments on this.  It’s the only basketball going on ATM, future prospects are involved and it’s easily viewable.

That being said, U19 is a strange age group for Int’l competition.  Lots of kids are in transition, either getting ready to go to college or in the case of the elite, getting ready for the NBA, so lots of talent is missing.  

As for Team USA Josh Jackson and Harry Giles to me are clearly the best prospects. Tatum might be a better scorer with his mid to long range jumper, but Jackson has so many more aspects to his game.  He’s so disruptive defensively with his anticipation and range.  He’s better off the bounce, is more of a dual threat in transition because he’s willing to give the ball up.  He’s got a nose for the ball for rebounds on both ends, movses better without the ball.  Tatum’s face up game is top notch, but he almost always looks to put the ball up when he touches it.  Giles just looks super solid in just about every aspect of big man ball.  Good hands, solid drop steps, soft touch, works for position, nice form on his jumper, is a willing passer, looks comfortable putting the ball on the deck, stays grounded defensively, contesting shots while maintaining position. He’s not an explosive talent, but he doesn’t have that many flaws in his game.

Other observations:

Jawun Evans will be a fine college point and potential back up. Defends really well and he keeps the ball moving.  Really nice distributor who controls pace.  Hasn’t looked for his offense much.

Not many 19y/o kids can match Swanigan’s physicality. He’s a bully with patience.  Needs to improve drastically on defense tho.

Terrance Ferguson looks the part, but I’m not too crazy about his game.  He looks like a track athlete, but he doesn’t have much offensive game outside of catch and shoot 3’s.  Reminds me of Rodney Carney.

Trier’s just a crafty ass scorer.  Doesn’t have much of a floor game. In fact I’d consider him a poor passer who struggles to make simple reads or basic entry passes, but he’s a good shooter and he knows how to get his own off the bounce, even if he isn’t all that athletic.

Brunson plays like a vet, but he does mix in some WTF shots with his distributing.  He’s a calming influence though.

GBee
    Participant

Surprised that there aren’t more comments on this.  It’s the only basketball going on ATM, future prospects are involved and it’s easily viewable.

That being said, U19 is a strange age group for Int’l competition.  Lots of kids are in transition, either getting ready to go to college or in the case of the elite, getting ready for the NBA, so lots of talent is missing.  

As for Team USA Josh Jackson and Harry Giles to me are clearly the best prospects. Tatum might be a better scorer with his mid to long range jumper, but Jackson has so many more aspects to his game.  He’s so disruptive defensively with his anticipation and range.  He’s better off the bounce, is more of a dual threat in transition because he’s willing to give the ball up.  He’s got a nose for the ball for rebounds on both ends, movses better without the ball.  Tatum’s face up game is top notch, but he almost always looks to put the ball up when he touches it.  Giles just looks super solid in just about every aspect of big man ball.  Good hands, solid drop steps, soft touch, works for position, nice form on his jumper, is a willing passer, looks comfortable putting the ball on the deck, stays grounded defensively, contesting shots while maintaining position. He’s not an explosive talent, but he doesn’t have that many flaws in his game.

Other observations:

Jawun Evans will be a fine college point and potential back up. Defends really well and he keeps the ball moving.  Really nice distributor who controls pace.  Hasn’t looked for his offense much.

Not many 19y/o kids can match Swanigan’s physicality. He’s a bully with patience.  Needs to improve drastically on defense tho.

Terrance Ferguson looks the part, but I’m not too crazy about his game.  He looks like a track athlete, but he doesn’t have much offensive game outside of catch and shoot 3’s.  Reminds me of Rodney Carney.

Trier’s just a crafty ass scorer.  Doesn’t have much of a floor game. In fact I’d consider him a poor passer who struggles to make simple reads or basic entry passes, but he’s a good shooter and he knows how to get his own off the bounce, even if he isn’t all that athletic.

Brunson plays like a vet, but he does mix in some WTF shots with his distributing.  He’s a calming influence though.

r377r377
    r377
    Participant

I have not seen him play but Giorgios PAPAGIANNIS is another one. Euroballer has mentioned him before….

VASILJEVIC is the best Aussie but a 6″2 SG is just too undersized I think to be a serious NBA prospect.

r377r377
    r377
    Participant

I have not seen him play but Giorgios PAPAGIANNIS is another one. Euroballer has mentioned him before….

VASILJEVIC is the best Aussie but a 6″2 SG is just too undersized I think to be a serious NBA prospect.

r377r377
    r377
    Participant

Yankuba Sima (Spain) will playing NCAA for St John next season

r377r377
    r377
    Participant

Yankuba Sima (Spain) will playing NCAA for St John next season

European Basketballer
    Participant

USA will play against Greece in one semfinal.

And Croatia will play against Turkey in the other semifinal.

European Basketballer
    Participant

USA will play against Greece in one semfinal.

And Croatia will play against Turkey in the other semifinal.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login