This topic contains 44 replies, has 21 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar Bed Head 8 years, 9 months ago.

• Author
    festar35festar35
    festar35
    Participant

What do you want to see from your team on draft night?

Indiana Pacers – I have 100% jumped on the Cameron Payne bandwagon for Indiana, I think he is the pure PG that Indiana truly needs and think he has great potential. Hill at the 2-spot is fantastic as well, I understand Indiana needs front-court youth, but Payne is too exciting a prospect to pass up IMO.

The other thing I really want to see is them get back into the 1st round and go after a young big guy. If Hibbert opts-in maybe a trade with Boston for Wallace and 16th to allow them to grab Portis or Kaminsky, even later in first round and grab Looney (who is sliding) or McCullough or Hernangomez.

CavFanPR
    Participant

Cleveland Cavaliers – Trade #24 and Haywood’s contract to the Rockets for #18 and #32. 

#18- Rondae Jefferson
    #32- Christian Wood
    #53- Joseph Young

CavFanPR
    Participant

Cleveland Cavaliers – Trade #24 and Haywood’s contract to the Rockets for #18 and #32. 

#18- Rondae Jefferson
    #32- Christian Wood
    #53- Joseph Young

CavFanPR
      Participant

Correction: When you asked "what do you want to see from your team" I took it as favorite team. I’m don’t live in the United States of America either. It would be fantastic if the cavs could get these three players.

CavFanPR
      Participant

Correction: When you asked "what do you want to see from your team" I took it as favorite team. I’m don’t live in the United States of America either. It would be fantastic if the cavs could get these three players.

sitlbito
    Participant

I’m not american so I don’t have one favorite team but some thoughts about random teams:

-Minny:don’t play around and take KAT

-Charlotte:Take Booker,yes I know BPA vs need…. But this teams needs shooting BADLY

-Utah:Hope Myles Turner falls to them,would be an absolute steal

-Most of the good teams(Houston,Cleveland,Chicago,Memphis,Golden State,Atlanta…) Keep. Your. Pick.

Houston in the last few drafts took Jones,Motiejunas,Capela outside the lottery. Chicago drafted Tony Snell and Jimmy Butler outside the lottery. Atlanta drafted Schroeder,Teague,Muscala,and if he comes over Tavares outside the lottery. There is value everywhere if you 1)draft well 2)develop corectly

sitlbito
    Participant

I’m not american so I don’t have one favorite team but some thoughts about random teams:

-Minny:don’t play around and take KAT

-Charlotte:Take Booker,yes I know BPA vs need…. But this teams needs shooting BADLY

-Utah:Hope Myles Turner falls to them,would be an absolute steal

-Most of the good teams(Houston,Cleveland,Chicago,Memphis,Golden State,Atlanta…) Keep. Your. Pick.

Houston in the last few drafts took Jones,Motiejunas,Capela outside the lottery. Chicago drafted Tony Snell and Jimmy Butler outside the lottery. Atlanta drafted Schroeder,Teague,Muscala,and if he comes over Tavares outside the lottery. There is value everywhere if you 1)draft well 2)develop corectly

Ahkasi Clay
    Participant

would love to have Johnson, or Turner fall to us,  if not I am happy with Frank "FTN" Kaminsky.

Ahkasi Clay
    Participant

would love to have Johnson, or Turner fall to us,  if not I am happy with Frank "FTN" Kaminsky.

Jr. ROXAS
    Participant
    Bucks- Kaminsky would be nice if he falls to us at 17. Portis too would be awesome.

I may be a minority here but I really just want Kidd to stop playing Jabari at the 4 spot. He could do so much more than just be the pick and roll/pop man. He has amazing handles (I’d say better than Giannis’) but doesn’t get to use it much either on pick and rolls/isos. He’s just got so much potential at the 3 spot becuase he can overpower other 3s and has the moves to get around them too. Henson-Kaminsky-Jabari-Giannis-MCW would be nice.

Jr. ROXAS
    Participant
    Bucks- Kaminsky would be nice if he falls to us at 17. Portis too would be awesome.

I may be a minority here but I really just want Kidd to stop playing Jabari at the 4 spot. He could do so much more than just be the pick and roll/pop man. He has amazing handles (I’d say better than Giannis’) but doesn’t get to use it much either on pick and rolls/isos. He’s just got so much potential at the 3 spot becuase he can overpower other 3s and has the moves to get around them too. Henson-Kaminsky-Jabari-Giannis-MCW would be nice.

Zouldiers
    Participant

Hopefully Stanley Johnson falls to us but just in case we do not draft him, I would be fine with Booker or BPA.

Zouldiers
    Participant

Hopefully Stanley Johnson falls to us but just in case we do not draft him, I would be fine with Booker or BPA.

Choppy
    Participant

I want shooting! Hezonja, Porzingis, Winslow if he falls, even Kaminsky. Booker would be a reach but I’d be happy with him too. 

Choppy
    Participant

I want shooting! Hezonja, Porzingis, Winslow if he falls, even Kaminsky. Booker would be a reach but I’d be happy with him too. 

Frozetoes
    Participant

I want KAT at #1

Hopefully we can package our 2nd rounders and move back in the 1st for a PG or SG.  Vaughn or Jones.

Frozetoes
    Participant

I want KAT at #1

Hopefully we can package our 2nd rounders and move back in the 1st for a PG or SG.  Vaughn or Jones.

zcnumerouno
    Participant

Bucks at 17…

1) Frank Kaminsky – I’d love the Bucks taking the local legend, Frank the Tank. He would add some much needed offensive firepower to a lackluster offensive group down low. Although I don’t believe he’ll ever be a full-time starter, I think he’ll be a great backup. He has excellent range, good moves on the low block, nice passer, and even has some handles.

2) Kelly Oubre – I know the Bucks don’t need SF help at all. But if Oubre falls to 17, which is a decent possibility, the Bucks should consider pouncing on him. Although raw, he has excellent two-way potential. His upside at 17 may be too hard to pass up.

3) Bobby Portis – Portis at the very least should make Ilyasova expendable. Portis has an excellent offensive game, and could push Jabari back to his more natural 3 spot.

4) Rondae Hollis-Jefferson: Although a SF is not a need, I love RHJ’s game. He has the tenacity, the athleticism and the defensive prowess the Bucks covet.

5) Terry Rozier – Now for the biggest surprise of the list… Rozier is a tweener which has lowered his stock, but he’s still a very athletic guard who can defend and score in bunches. The Bucks need scoring help, and Rozier could provide that punch. He also fits in the mold of what the Bucks are looking for – athletic, long and defensive-minded players.

zcnumerouno
    Participant

Bucks at 17…

1) Frank Kaminsky – I’d love the Bucks taking the local legend, Frank the Tank. He would add some much needed offensive firepower to a lackluster offensive group down low. Although I don’t believe he’ll ever be a full-time starter, I think he’ll be a great backup. He has excellent range, good moves on the low block, nice passer, and even has some handles.

2) Kelly Oubre – I know the Bucks don’t need SF help at all. But if Oubre falls to 17, which is a decent possibility, the Bucks should consider pouncing on him. Although raw, he has excellent two-way potential. His upside at 17 may be too hard to pass up.

3) Bobby Portis – Portis at the very least should make Ilyasova expendable. Portis has an excellent offensive game, and could push Jabari back to his more natural 3 spot.

4) Rondae Hollis-Jefferson: Although a SF is not a need, I love RHJ’s game. He has the tenacity, the athleticism and the defensive prowess the Bucks covet.

5) Terry Rozier – Now for the biggest surprise of the list… Rozier is a tweener which has lowered his stock, but he’s still a very athletic guard who can defend and score in bunches. The Bucks need scoring help, and Rozier could provide that punch. He also fits in the mold of what the Bucks are looking for – athletic, long and defensive-minded players.

rich.homie.mitch
    Participant

Blazers – Rj Hunter, Anderson, Harrell

Jazz – Turner, Johnson, Oubre

rich.homie.mitch
    Participant

Blazers – Rj Hunter, Anderson, Harrell

Jazz – Turner, Johnson, Oubre

WinterSoldier
      Participant

As a Jazz fan and Blazers being the second team I cheer for I agree with you 100%.

WinterSoldier
      Participant

As a Jazz fan and Blazers being the second team I cheer for I agree with you 100%.

mgreener_34
    Participant

Celtics at #16, #28, #33

#16- Bobby Portis- Reminds me of KG lite, and thats exactly what I expect from him. A lot of hustle, rebounding, mid-range shots, and good (not great) defense. I like him better than Sully or Olynyk, and think he could be a rotation big right away. My hopes though are that one of Johnson/Oubre falls though, but I’d be happy with Portis. I guess he really wow’d Ainge in workouts too.

#28-Justin Anderson, but I douby he falls that far, so I would swing for the fences and draft Guillermo Hernangomez or  Chris McCollough. Both players have high upside. If I had to choose, I would take Hernangomez.

#33-Rakeem Christmas- Could be a solid rotation big who plays good D. Guys like this I see finding a place in NBA rotations, and at #33 i’ll take that. I also wouldn’t mind with another draft and stash player. 

With all that being said, I’ll be shocked and disgusted if Celtics don’t trade up on draft night. 

mgreener_34
    Participant

Celtics at #16, #28, #33

#16- Bobby Portis- Reminds me of KG lite, and thats exactly what I expect from him. A lot of hustle, rebounding, mid-range shots, and good (not great) defense. I like him better than Sully or Olynyk, and think he could be a rotation big right away. My hopes though are that one of Johnson/Oubre falls though, but I’d be happy with Portis. I guess he really wow’d Ainge in workouts too.

#28-Justin Anderson, but I douby he falls that far, so I would swing for the fences and draft Guillermo Hernangomez or  Chris McCollough. Both players have high upside. If I had to choose, I would take Hernangomez.

#33-Rakeem Christmas- Could be a solid rotation big who plays good D. Guys like this I see finding a place in NBA rotations, and at #33 i’ll take that. I also wouldn’t mind with another draft and stash player. 

With all that being said, I’ll be shocked and disgusted if Celtics don’t trade up on draft night. 

zer0d0ubt

Celtics:

16 – Sam Dekker

28 – Delon Wright/Terry Rozier

33 – Dakari Johnson

45 – Andrew Harrison/Cliff Alexander

zer0d0ubt

Celtics:

16 – Sam Dekker

28 – Delon Wright/Terry Rozier

33 – Dakari Johnson

45 – Andrew Harrison/Cliff Alexander

Captain L
    Participant

As a Jazz fan I like Trey Lyles, he is versitile, a stretch 4 but can play some 3, He  plays smart, makes plays, not the most athletic but not bad, if not him then Kaminski or Turner, Kaminski is over 7 ft and skilled, moves well for his size, needs strength but I think that will come. I like Turner but I’m not sure how his physical turned out, potential wise he may be the best of the 3. Hopefully the Jazz will have their choice of the 3.

Captain L
    Participant

As a Jazz fan I like Trey Lyles, he is versitile, a stretch 4 but can play some 3, He  plays smart, makes plays, not the most athletic but not bad, if not him then Kaminski or Turner, Kaminski is over 7 ft and skilled, moves well for his size, needs strength but I think that will come. I like Turner but I’m not sure how his physical turned out, potential wise he may be the best of the 3. Hopefully the Jazz will have their choice of the 3.

TheTruth86
    Participant

Move up into lottery and take WCS. (Detroit’s pick?)

Or

If they keep their picks:

16 – Portis or Dekker

28 – Rozier or Looney

2nd rd. – 2 of Dakari, Vezenkov, Cliff Alexander, Cedi Osman or Fuzzaro

TheTruth86
    Participant

Move up into lottery and take WCS. (Detroit’s pick?)

Or

If they keep their picks:

16 – Portis or Dekker

28 – Rozier or Looney

2nd rd. – 2 of Dakari, Vezenkov, Cliff Alexander, Cedi Osman or Fuzzaro

llperez

laker fan, would love if KAT fell to second. But im guessing we end up with okafor and i think thats a hell of a get considering going into the lottery we were just hoping we would get to keep our pick in the top 5.

llperez

laker fan, would love if KAT fell to second. But im guessing we end up with okafor and i think thats a hell of a get considering going into the lottery we were just hoping we would get to keep our pick in the top 5.

Trilla
    Participant

If you cant get Russell, take Mudiay. Dont mess around and take Okafor because hes there

Second round- Michael Frazier & Joseph Young team needs shooting and they are worth a shot. George De Paula is raw, but hes 18 and has so much room to grow.

Potentially toss around OKC and Miami’s picks from next year to try and nab Oubre. Dude sweats potential. With the right PT and development he can be a big time player

Trilla
    Participant

If you cant get Russell, take Mudiay. Dont mess around and take Okafor because hes there

Second round- Michael Frazier & Joseph Young team needs shooting and they are worth a shot. George De Paula is raw, but hes 18 and has so much room to grow.

Potentially toss around OKC and Miami’s picks from next year to try and nab Oubre. Dude sweats potential. With the right PT and development he can be a big time player

BallerScript
    Participant

For the Celtics:

-16: Bobby Portis

-28: Alpha Kaba

For the Thunder:

-14: Sam Dekker

BallerScript
    Participant

For the Celtics:

-16: Bobby Portis

-28: Alpha Kaba

For the Thunder:

-14: Sam Dekker

khaled_a_d
    Participant

As a Mavs fan I will be happy to keep the pick without trading down or out and get a player who can crack the rotation at least from his sophomore year
    We have been beyond awful with the draft ,hell right now some of the journalist close to Cuban are preparing for us to trade the pick and write about how the draft doesn’t matter
    I’d like a big man who can rebound like Harrell,Upshaw,Christian Wood,Looney

khaled_a_d
    Participant

As a Mavs fan I will be happy to keep the pick without trading down or out and get a player who can crack the rotation at least from his sophomore year
    We have been beyond awful with the draft ,hell right now some of the journalist close to Cuban are preparing for us to trade the pick and write about how the draft doesn’t matter
    I’d like a big man who can rebound like Harrell,Upshaw,Christian Wood,Looney

ZachAttack
    Participant

Jazz

Turner, Kaminsky, Portis, or Oubre

Turner – A great stretch 5 the Jazz need a big man who can shoot, however with what teams are saying. He probably won’t fall to them. With his good shot blocking ability and defense, he will easily get playing time with the Jazz.

Kaminsky – A stretch 4. The Jazz need a stretch 4.

Portis – A great athlete and I guy who will put in a LOT of effort and that’s who the Jazz like. He’s also got a decent 3 point shot.

Oubre – The guy has so much potential. The Jazz staff are great with player development and they could develop him into one of the top 5 players from this draft.

In order: 1. Turner 2. Portis 3. Kaminsky 4. Oubre

ZachAttack
    Participant

Jazz

Turner, Kaminsky, Portis, or Oubre

Turner – A great stretch 5 the Jazz need a big man who can shoot, however with what teams are saying. He probably won’t fall to them. With his good shot blocking ability and defense, he will easily get playing time with the Jazz.

Kaminsky – A stretch 4. The Jazz need a stretch 4.

Portis – A great athlete and I guy who will put in a LOT of effort and that’s who the Jazz like. He’s also got a decent 3 point shot.

Oubre – The guy has so much potential. The Jazz staff are great with player development and they could develop him into one of the top 5 players from this draft.

In order: 1. Turner 2. Portis 3. Kaminsky 4. Oubre

mamadou
    Participant

Suns Turner, Kaminsky, Portis, same targets as the Jazz.

Wizards: Grant, Harrell, RHJ.

mamadou
    Participant

Suns Turner, Kaminsky, Portis, same targets as the Jazz.

Wizards: Grant, Harrell, RHJ.

Bed Head
    Participant

Knicks … Don’t overthink this. Don’t try to be, like, all clever. Everybody knows who the top 4 picks are, so just take whoever’s left. Oh, and the first person in the room to mention the "triangle" should be shot. (Even if it’s Phil.)

Nets … Lock Billy King out of the building entirely. (And make sure he doesn’t try to climb back in through a window.) The decisions at 29 and 41 will be difficult enough as it is, without any "help" from him.

Bed Head
    Participant

Knicks … Don’t overthink this. Don’t try to be, like, all clever. Everybody knows who the top 4 picks are, so just take whoever’s left. Oh, and the first person in the room to mention the "triangle" should be shot. (Even if it’s Phil.)

Nets … Lock Billy King out of the building entirely. (And make sure he doesn’t try to climb back in through a window.) The decisions at 29 and 41 will be difficult enough as it is, without any "help" from him.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login