This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar Chewy 9 years, 4 months ago.

• Author
    joe2324
    Participant

Its been almost 30 years since the Knicks have drafted in the top 5 and so far this year, the Knicks are on pace for a top pick. As a fan, I’ve watched the knicks never hit rock bottom, always struggling with mediocrity with an occionsial glimmer of hope, but nothing ever pans out. I know one player isn’t going to change the franchise, but drafting in the top 3 should land them a future all star and the face of the franchise.  Combine this player with a future 2016 high draft pick, some good, smart veterans who understand the triangle and the Knicks could be on their way to a strong playoff push.  

I’m excited to get a high pick in the draft, I just hope the Knicks don’t go on any crazy winning streaks, pushing their chances for a number pick down to a number 10 pick. There is nothing wrong with tanking. Look what it did in the NFL for the Colts. They lose Peyton and draft Andrew Luck even though they were not the worst team in the league that year, that honor went to the Dolphins who ended up with a mediocore Ryan Tannehanill. 

Any knick fans hoping to finish strong…in last place?

Chewy
    Participant

the middle is clearly the worst place to be. Being at the very top or the very bottom is the goal for winning. The 76ers are taking the "road to the top through the bottom" plan to a level that we never have seen before.

The Knicks should be very excited if they get a top pick this year. There are numerous bigs that could be paired with Amare and Melo, or they could go PG of the future in Mudiay.

Either way, NY has always had a basketball culture and is a huge market for endorsement deals. It would make sense that players would want to play there, so long as Phil creates a culture of winning soon…

Chewy
    Participant

the middle is clearly the worst place to be. Being at the very top or the very bottom is the goal for winning. The 76ers are taking the "road to the top through the bottom" plan to a level that we never have seen before.

The Knicks should be very excited if they get a top pick this year. There are numerous bigs that could be paired with Amare and Melo, or they could go PG of the future in Mudiay.

Either way, NY has always had a basketball culture and is a huge market for endorsement deals. It would make sense that players would want to play there, so long as Phil creates a culture of winning soon…

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login