This topic contains 30 replies, has 15 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar kimi 9 years, 3 months ago.

• Author
    don042488
    Participant

The All-star game weekend is NY, so the NBA has to do it real big.. .I think the 2015 dunk contest should feature Andrew Wiggins, Zach LaVine, Will Barton, Tony Mitchell (Detroit Piston, not D-League player), Terrence Ross, and defending champ John Wall…That would make one heck of a dunk contest event

ProudGrandpa
    Participant

They could put a bunch of white D-leaguers in it and change it back to the old format and I would still prefer it to last year 

ProudGrandpa
    Participant

They could put a bunch of white D-leaguers in it and change it back to the old format and I would still prefer it to last year 

AdamJCalleja
    Participant

I wanna see the young gunz show out. Zach Lavine, wiggins and Aaron Gordon. I wouldn’t mind seeing Adreian Payne in it either, then you can throw in defending champ John Wall and  I feel like Ben Mclemore is way better than what he showed last year.

RUDEBOY_
      Participant

yeah i would love to see an all rookie dunk contest of wiggins,gordon,nick johnson and lavine

RUDEBOY_
      Participant

yeah i would love to see an all rookie dunk contest of wiggins,gordon,nick johnson and lavine

AdamJCalleja
    Participant

I wanna see the young gunz show out. Zach Lavine, wiggins and Aaron Gordon. I wouldn’t mind seeing Adreian Payne in it either, then you can throw in defending champ John Wall and  I feel like Ben Mclemore is way better than what he showed last year.

Taylor Gang Mike
    Participant

Lavine, Wiggins, AG, Wall, Shumpert (its in NY), Nick Johnson

Taylor Gang Mike
    Participant

Lavine, Wiggins, AG, Wall, Shumpert (its in NY), Nick Johnson

mixtape2003
    Participant

I know weather wouldnt allow this but would be cool too see the game played outdoors too give it a rucker park type atmosphere.

AdamJCalleja
      Participant

That would be pretty entertaining, elite 24 style.

AdamJCalleja
      Participant

That would be pretty entertaining, elite 24 style.

Conezd
      Participant

Weather would only be one issues. They’d also need a venue to do it at that could hold 20,000 fans.( None! ) Also, outside courts present much more health risks. The hard floor is terrible for players knees on top of the fact they are much more likely to get scrapes. There is already a lack of hustle and defense in all star events, this would decrease that even more. And one last point, maybe just my personal opinion, but I don’t like the idea of promoting a street ball vibe. I think that’s a problem in the nba already. Too much 1 vs 1. 

Conezd
      Participant

Weather would only be one issues. They’d also need a venue to do it at that could hold 20,000 fans.( None! ) Also, outside courts present much more health risks. The hard floor is terrible for players knees on top of the fact they are much more likely to get scrapes. There is already a lack of hustle and defense in all star events, this would decrease that even more. And one last point, maybe just my personal opinion, but I don’t like the idea of promoting a street ball vibe. I think that’s a problem in the nba already. Too much 1 vs 1. 

mixtape2003
    Participant

I know weather wouldnt allow this but would be cool too see the game played outdoors too give it a rucker park type atmosphere.

OhCanada-
    Participant

Andre Drummond said he intends on winning the dunk contest this year. Lavine and Wiggins seem like early locks maybe Gordon as well. Id like to see Gerald Green back in it I think he is the most complete dunker. Anthony Bennett seems to have great athletisism since getting into shape. He is a strong finisher and that would be fun to watch. And Wall is the defending champ.

OhCanada-
    Participant

Andre Drummond said he intends on winning the dunk contest this year. Lavine and Wiggins seem like early locks maybe Gordon as well. Id like to see Gerald Green back in it I think he is the most complete dunker. Anthony Bennett seems to have great athletisism since getting into shape. He is a strong finisher and that would be fun to watch. And Wall is the defending champ.

bennydabull
    Participant

As long as they stick to the team formatting, the dunk contest is gonna suck again no matter who’s in it =/

bennydabull
    Participant

As long as they stick to the team formatting, the dunk contest is gonna suck again no matter who’s in it =/

Chilbert arenas
    Participant

Lavine, Nick Johnson, Wiggins, and Aaron Gordon should all be in it. 

Chilbert arenas
    Participant

Lavine, Nick Johnson, Wiggins, and Aaron Gordon should all be in it. 

Jco4
    Participant

I hope McLemore is in it again, there was hype going around he was doing 720 dunks in the warm-up last year. 

Jco4
    Participant

I hope McLemore is in it again, there was hype going around he was doing 720 dunks in the warm-up last year. 

i’m jus so offended
    Participant

LeBron…it’s in NYC…just once. 

i’m jus so offended
    Participant

LeBron…it’s in NYC…just once. 

joecheck88
    Participant

Either Tony Mitchell would be fine. Haha. Those are some good choices. There always seems to be one guy in it you’re like huh? Last year it was Harrison Barnes. He has huge leaping ability but doesn’t seem to be super flexible or creative. Therefore it puzzled me him entering. I wonder who that will be this year. 

I would love to see Nick Johnson but I’m not sure he’s in the L at the time of this. At first glance he would seem a lock to make the team but I’m sure he will be an almost exclusive D leaguer this year. They have Canaan who looks a bit more ready and they signed Ish Smith so I’m not sure there are minutes for him between those two and Beverly and Harden. 

Wiggins will be everyone’s lock to be in it and I hope he is. McLemore’s self alley with the left hand last year was sick, wouldn’t mind seeing him again. Someone said Drummond wants to win it but I’m not sure the big fella has a win in him though he could put down some nice ones(doesn’t seem as fluid as Dwight was when he won). I like Aaron Gordon as a dunker but he’s a notch below elite IMO. Lavine is a good choice. Wall needs to defend. I like the Shumpert idea. If healthy he could impress.

joecheck88
    Participant

Either Tony Mitchell would be fine. Haha. Those are some good choices. There always seems to be one guy in it you’re like huh? Last year it was Harrison Barnes. He has huge leaping ability but doesn’t seem to be super flexible or creative. Therefore it puzzled me him entering. I wonder who that will be this year. 

I would love to see Nick Johnson but I’m not sure he’s in the L at the time of this. At first glance he would seem a lock to make the team but I’m sure he will be an almost exclusive D leaguer this year. They have Canaan who looks a bit more ready and they signed Ish Smith so I’m not sure there are minutes for him between those two and Beverly and Harden. 

Wiggins will be everyone’s lock to be in it and I hope he is. McLemore’s self alley with the left hand last year was sick, wouldn’t mind seeing him again. Someone said Drummond wants to win it but I’m not sure the big fella has a win in him though he could put down some nice ones(doesn’t seem as fluid as Dwight was when he won). I like Aaron Gordon as a dunker but he’s a notch below elite IMO. Lavine is a good choice. Wall needs to defend. I like the Shumpert idea. If healthy he could impress.

Jr. ROXAS
    Participant

NY has three players to choose from to put there, Shumpert, Early and Hardaway Jr.

Jr. ROXAS
    Participant

NY has three players to choose from to put there, Shumpert, Early and Hardaway Jr.

kimi
    Participant
    kimi
    Participant

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login