This topic contains 54 replies, has 14 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar TripleDoubleScout 8 years, 9 months ago.

• Author
    trelos6
    Participant

After crunching the numbers, the results are in.

East

Cavs 54-28
    Bulls 51-31
    Hawks 49-33
    Wizards 46-36
    Raptors 46-36
    Heat 45-37
    Celtics 42-40
    Bucks 42-40
    Hornets 39-43
    Knicks 36-46
    Pacers 35-47
    Pistons 34-48
    Nets 31-51
    Magic 29-53
    76ers 19-63

West

Warriors 65-17
    Thunder 58-24
    Spurs 57-25
    Clippers 57-25
    Rockets 56-26
    Grizzlies 54-28
    Pelicans 44-38
    Jazz 42-40
    Mavericks 38-44
    Suns 35-47
    Kings 31-51
    Nuggets 28-54
    Trail Blazers 27-55
    Lakers 26-56
    Timberwolves 20-62

Conference Semi’s

Cavs v Wizards, Bulls v Heat

Warriors v Clippers, Thunder v Spurs

Conference Finals

Cavs v Bulls

Warriors v Thunder

Finals

Cavs v Thunder

Champions

Thunder

trelos6
    Participant

Timberwolves – Simmons
    76ers – Ingram
    Lakers – Labissiere
    Blazers – Bender
    Nuggets – Brown
    Magic – Rabb
    Celtics (via Nets) – Ellenson
    Kings – LeVert
    Pistons – Murray
    Pacers – Sabonis
    Suns – Diallo
    Raptors (via Knicks) – Dunn
    Celtics (via Mavericks) – Newman

trelos6
    Participant

Timberwolves – Simmons
    76ers – Ingram
    Lakers – Labissiere
    Blazers – Bender
    Nuggets – Brown
    Magic – Rabb
    Celtics (via Nets) – Ellenson
    Kings – LeVert
    Pistons – Murray
    Pacers – Sabonis
    Suns – Diallo
    Raptors (via Knicks) – Dunn
    Celtics (via Mavericks) – Newman

Rip255

Cmon my man, u gotta give the jazz more love than 42 wins. 

trelos6
      Participant

But they really need to improve their backcourt. 

trelos6
      Participant

But they really need to improve their backcourt. 

Rip255

Cmon my man, u gotta give the jazz more love than 42 wins. 

Sharp Shooter
    Participant

Man, you guy are under estimating the pistons. They are gonna be playoff seed. They are better than The Celtics, Pacers,  and Hornets. The Pistons have one big trade left to make.

theEDGE
      Participant

But who is going to want Jennings?

Williamb
        Participant

We need to keep him as a 6th man. He will thrive in that role

Williamb
        Participant

We need to keep him as a 6th man. He will thrive in that role

theEDGE
      Participant

But who is going to want Jennings?

trelos6
      Participant

These rankings are based off rosters from July 23.  If Pistons make a big trade, then sure, they may jump.

As it is, a dual lineup of Jennings/Jackson doesn’t inspire me.  KCP/Johnson are solid wings, and then the PF spot is interesting.  Ilyaasova probably starts because of the need to space the floor with Drummond at C.

Drummond really needs a breakout year if the Pistons are going to make noise as a lower seed.

trelos6
      Participant

These rankings are based off rosters from July 23.  If Pistons make a big trade, then sure, they may jump.

As it is, a dual lineup of Jennings/Jackson doesn’t inspire me.  KCP/Johnson are solid wings, and then the PF spot is interesting.  Ilyaasova probably starts because of the need to space the floor with Drummond at C.

Drummond really needs a breakout year if the Pistons are going to make noise as a lower seed.

Sharp Shooter
    Participant

Man, you guy are under estimating the pistons. They are gonna be playoff seed. They are better than The Celtics, Pacers,  and Hornets. The Pistons have one big trade left to make.

Anton123
    Participant

I don’t comletely agree, but this is absolutely a possible scenario. Predicting something like this will always get you negged on this site because someone’s favourite team will always be too low in their opinion.

The truth is there is no standing prediction that everyone will be happy with, even if in the end it turns out to be absolutely accurate. It’s the absolute opposite of posting a funny picture – it requires actual thought and doesn’t make you any more popular.

trelos6
      Participant

Cheers for the words 

trelos6
      Participant

Cheers for the words 

Anton123
    Participant

I don’t comletely agree, but this is absolutely a possible scenario. Predicting something like this will always get you negged on this site because someone’s favourite team will always be too low in their opinion.

The truth is there is no standing prediction that everyone will be happy with, even if in the end it turns out to be absolutely accurate. It’s the absolute opposite of posting a funny picture – it requires actual thought and doesn’t make you any more popular.

Rip255

Yeah these types posts are good….but negs come with the territory. You get heaps of replies though..I use that as an indicator of interest.

Can’t stop the haters. 

Rip255

Yeah these types posts are good….but negs come with the territory. You get heaps of replies though..I use that as an indicator of interest.

Can’t stop the haters. 

high floor
    Participant

I am about to make a total homer comment… but I don’t think Orlando wins under 30 games. Last season the Magic had one of the worst coaches in the league, and both Oladipo and Frye were injured the beginning of the season (2 starters). That’s not a strong recipe for success for a young team.

The addition of Scott Skiles alone should give this team 5-6 more wins. Plus I think it’s a near guarantee that Gordon/Payton/Harris/Oladipo/Fournier will improve their play as well. Health concerns aside, I think Orlando is a strong bet to win 35 games this year.

trelos6
      Participant

Orlando were one of the hardest teams to gauge.  I like the Skiles addition, but I think they are a year away.

Payton, while dangerous, has NO shot.  Gordon, Hezonja are essentially rookies.  Plus if Vucevic misses ANY time, this team lacks any kind of post presence.  

I can definitely see a 3 year trajectory for this team being 29 wins, 38 wins, 45 wins.

trelos6
      Participant

Orlando were one of the hardest teams to gauge.  I like the Skiles addition, but I think they are a year away.

Payton, while dangerous, has NO shot.  Gordon, Hezonja are essentially rookies.  Plus if Vucevic misses ANY time, this team lacks any kind of post presence.  

I can definitely see a 3 year trajectory for this team being 29 wins, 38 wins, 45 wins.

high floor
    Participant

I am about to make a total homer comment… but I don’t think Orlando wins under 30 games. Last season the Magic had one of the worst coaches in the league, and both Oladipo and Frye were injured the beginning of the season (2 starters). That’s not a strong recipe for success for a young team.

The addition of Scott Skiles alone should give this team 5-6 more wins. Plus I think it’s a near guarantee that Gordon/Payton/Harris/Oladipo/Fournier will improve their play as well. Health concerns aside, I think Orlando is a strong bet to win 35 games this year.

TheTruth86
    Participant

Pretty good predictions and although im a celtics fan I would switch them with indiana. I dont think they are making the post season unless a big time trade is done. I also believe orlando and lakers finish with more Ws still missing the playoffs, though.

trelos6
      Participant

I was initially high on Indiana, but then I realised, they have not much in the way of big men.

Sure Hill, Ellis and George will be a killer first 3, but relying on Turner and Hill as your big men is dangerous.  YES, Turner was amazing in Summer League, but he is a ROOKIE, and will inevitably go through rookie pains.

I do hope he has a great season though and averages something like 14pts, 9rbs, 2blk

trelos6
      Participant

I was initially high on Indiana, but then I realised, they have not much in the way of big men.

Sure Hill, Ellis and George will be a killer first 3, but relying on Turner and Hill as your big men is dangerous.  YES, Turner was amazing in Summer League, but he is a ROOKIE, and will inevitably go through rookie pains.

I do hope he has a great season though and averages something like 14pts, 9rbs, 2blk

trelos6
      Participant

Celtics don’t have "the guy" like a Paul George type, but they have DEPTH.  Celtics play from 1 to 12.  Lee and Johnson provide a solid PF rotation, and Zeller is really underrated.  Great backup C (even though he’ll probably start).  Crowder is tough, Bradley is tougher, Smart is the toughest.  Celtics are a gritty team that will play hard every night.

Stevens and Vogel are both AMAZING coaches though.

trelos6
      Participant

Celtics don’t have "the guy" like a Paul George type, but they have DEPTH.  Celtics play from 1 to 12.  Lee and Johnson provide a solid PF rotation, and Zeller is really underrated.  Great backup C (even though he’ll probably start).  Crowder is tough, Bradley is tougher, Smart is the toughest.  Celtics are a gritty team that will play hard every night.

Stevens and Vogel are both AMAZING coaches though.

TheTruth86
    Participant

Pretty good predictions and although im a celtics fan I would switch them with indiana. I dont think they are making the post season unless a big time trade is done. I also believe orlando and lakers finish with more Ws still missing the playoffs, though.

TheTruth86
    Participant

About the postseason – it will be very close, my money is on the Spurs, to be honest I’d go with Cavs and Gsw before the thunder to win it all. I just dont buy the idea that Kanter makes them that much stronger.

nateoak10
      Participant

Agreed, I think OKC’s suppoeting cast isn’t on the same level as GSW, SA, CLE or even LAC. KD  and Russ are great and all but those two ca’t pull all the weight themselves on offense. I think Kanter’s awful defense really counters any plus he would be on offense for them. 

nateoak10
      Participant

Agreed, I think OKC’s suppoeting cast isn’t on the same level as GSW, SA, CLE or even LAC. KD  and Russ are great and all but those two ca’t pull all the weight themselves on offense. I think Kanter’s awful defense really counters any plus he would be on offense for them. 

trelos6
      Participant

You need a guy to stay in the post to be on Kanter, otherwise, dude will score.

Then you got Ibaka who can hit shots, Durant who is Durant, Westbrook, who was a smaller version of LBJ last year.

As long as Dion Waiters doesn’t f it up, Thunder will be tough.

That said, toss a 3 sided coin.  Heck, even a 4 sided.  I’ll throw the Clippers in there.

Blake/CP3, Westbrook/Durant, Aldridge/Kawhi, Curry/Thompson   all amazing Duo’s.

trelos6
      Participant

You need a guy to stay in the post to be on Kanter, otherwise, dude will score.

Then you got Ibaka who can hit shots, Durant who is Durant, Westbrook, who was a smaller version of LBJ last year.

As long as Dion Waiters doesn’t f it up, Thunder will be tough.

That said, toss a 3 sided coin.  Heck, even a 4 sided.  I’ll throw the Clippers in there.

Blake/CP3, Westbrook/Durant, Aldridge/Kawhi, Curry/Thompson   all amazing Duo’s.

TheTruth86
    Participant

About the postseason – it will be very close, my money is on the Spurs, to be honest I’d go with Cavs and Gsw before the thunder to win it all. I just dont buy the idea that Kanter makes them that much stronger.

dbeal23
    Participant

Im pretty ecstatic with the Wolves young core right now… but if they got Simmons too I feel like thats not fair and it will make the magnetic fields switch or something crazy, Young core of Wiggins, Lavine, Towns, AND Simmons???? WTF

dbeal23
    Participant

Im pretty ecstatic with the Wolves young core right now… but if they got Simmons too I feel like thats not fair and it will make the magnetic fields switch or something crazy, Young core of Wiggins, Lavine, Towns, AND Simmons???? WTF

trelos6
      Participant

‘Sota has 3 #1 picks on their roster, Flipped #9 for #14 and #21, Grabbed a #12 and scored #24 off Cavs.

The reason why Thunder were able to grow through the draft is that even if you keep picking highly, it takes a few years for the team to gel and players to develop.

Plus, Thunder grabbed a steal at 24 in Ibaka.  Could that be the Tyus Jones/Zach Lavine of this team?

trelos6
      Participant

‘Sota has 3 #1 picks on their roster, Flipped #9 for #14 and #21, Grabbed a #12 and scored #24 off Cavs.

The reason why Thunder were able to grow through the draft is that even if you keep picking highly, it takes a few years for the team to gel and players to develop.

Plus, Thunder grabbed a steal at 24 in Ibaka.  Could that be the Tyus Jones/Zach Lavine of this team?

SkalAndJamal
    Participant

Between the Warriors, cavs, Spurs, and thunder, the most healthiest team is winning it all. If healthy, Suns will have at least 42 wins, Heat 50, bucks 48, Pistons 42, and Pelicans 50. I hate making predictions w/o conditions because one guy always goes down ala Kyrie Irving, Derrick Rose, kobe, nash etc. and then I look like the dummy for not knowing this lol.

SkalAndJamal
    Participant

Between the Warriors, cavs, Spurs, and thunder, the most healthiest team is winning it all. If healthy, Suns will have at least 42 wins, Heat 50, bucks 48, Pistons 42, and Pelicans 50. I hate making predictions w/o conditions because one guy always goes down ala Kyrie Irving, Derrick Rose, kobe, nash etc. and then I look like the dummy for not knowing this lol.

MarshMelo
    Participant

54-28??? Hell No!!! Cavz 66-16!!!

36-46??? Hell No!!! Sick Knickz 56-26!!!

20-62??? Hell No!!! T-Wagz 48-34!!!

19-63??? Hell No!!! Sixerz 38-44!!!

MarshMelo
    Participant

54-28??? Hell No!!! Cavz 66-16!!!

36-46??? Hell No!!! Sick Knickz 56-26!!!

20-62??? Hell No!!! T-Wagz 48-34!!!

19-63??? Hell No!!! Sixerz 38-44!!!

Williamb
    Participant

The Pistons having a lower record than the Knicks has to be a joke. We weren’t that far out of the playoffs last year. With the changes we made we have a great chance of at least the number 7th seed.

Williamb
    Participant

The Pistons having a lower record than the Knicks has to be a joke. We weren’t that far out of the playoffs last year. With the changes we made we have a great chance of at least the number 7th seed.

trelos6
      Participant

Ok, Fisher is useless as a coach, but don’t underrate the Knicks.

Melo is back, and can still score at will.  Jerian Grant as a backup PG could potentially do wonders.  Afflalo is a solid SG, Porzingis has shown flashes of upside, plus dude is 7’3".

Finally Lopez is a decent centre.  The Knicks by no means can contend, but they picked up a few solid guys who will help them reach 36 wins.  

Reggie Jackson/Brandon Jennings > Calderon/Galloway/Grant

Afflalo/Ledo > KCP/Meeks

Melo/Williams >> Johnson/Granger

Porzingis/O’Quinn = Ilyasova/Tolliver

Drummond/Baynes > Lopez/Amundson

It’s almost a wash, except MELO can score 30ppg.  He is a consistent chucker who can carry a team to a W with a big performance.  Can anyone really do that on the Pistons?  Their best bet is Van Gundy.

trelos6
      Participant

Ok, Fisher is useless as a coach, but don’t underrate the Knicks.

Melo is back, and can still score at will.  Jerian Grant as a backup PG could potentially do wonders.  Afflalo is a solid SG, Porzingis has shown flashes of upside, plus dude is 7’3".

Finally Lopez is a decent centre.  The Knicks by no means can contend, but they picked up a few solid guys who will help them reach 36 wins.  

Reggie Jackson/Brandon Jennings > Calderon/Galloway/Grant

Afflalo/Ledo > KCP/Meeks

Melo/Williams >> Johnson/Granger

Porzingis/O’Quinn = Ilyasova/Tolliver

Drummond/Baynes > Lopez/Amundson

It’s almost a wash, except MELO can score 30ppg.  He is a consistent chucker who can carry a team to a W with a big performance.  Can anyone really do that on the Pistons?  Their best bet is Van Gundy.

Bed Head
    Participant

Somewhat conservative regarding Cleveland (who could win 60+). Also, a healthy Heat (50) and Pacers (45) are better than that.

Meanwhile, closer to home, Knicks’ ceiling is roughly 45 wins or so. OP projection is practically a worst case scenario. So a happy medium would be around 42-40.

Nets and 76ers both blow, but perhaps not quite as badly as suggested above. 

P.S. Oh, and "MarshMelo", seriously? WTF? Those predictions totally sucked ass. (No f*cking way you actually believe NY wins 56 and Philly 38.) Which is too bad because your other three posts today are awesome beyond words.

TripleDoubleScout
      Participant

I just can’t understand why the Pacers aren’t getting more respect on this site. Are all 16 Roy Hibbert fans on here?

TripleDoubleScout
      Participant

I just can’t understand why the Pacers aren’t getting more respect on this site. Are all 16 Roy Hibbert fans on here?

Bed Head
    Participant

Somewhat conservative regarding Cleveland (who could win 60+). Also, a healthy Heat (50) and Pacers (45) are better than that.

Meanwhile, closer to home, Knicks’ ceiling is roughly 45 wins or so. OP projection is practically a worst case scenario. So a happy medium would be around 42-40.

Nets and 76ers both blow, but perhaps not quite as badly as suggested above. 

P.S. Oh, and "MarshMelo", seriously? WTF? Those predictions totally sucked ass. (No f*cking way you actually believe NY wins 56 and Philly 38.) Which is too bad because your other three posts today are awesome beyond words.

JCliff24
    Participant

Cavs aren’t going to be any lower than top 5 when it comes to overall record in the league, I’ll tell you that much. 

JCliff24
    Participant

Cavs aren’t going to be any lower than top 5 when it comes to overall record in the league, I’ll tell you that much. 

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login